Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Guardian »

Official Vote Count #12

Mastermind of Sin[3](Oman, White, pwayne66)
theopor_COD[2](vollkan, tyhess)
tyhess[2](ac1983fan, Trojan Horse)
Flameaxe[1](Dr. Blackstrike)
Dr. Blackstrike[1](Mastermind of Sin)
ac1983fan[1](theopor_COD)

Not Voting[2](Flameaxe, curiouskarmadog)
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by White »

MoS, you're digging yourself a grave. Refusing to help the town is purely a scummy tactic. Making things personal, not protown at all. In fact i've yet to see you do anything protown, care to show me otherwise?

MoScum is the lynch for today.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Okay, since White wants us to post our scumdars, that's what I'll do. Feel free to question me for anything I say (there might be some things I've overlooked):

Mastermind of Sin:
So far, seems to have been playing exactly as per form, except for the fact that he didn't jump in until some time had passed. Unusual for a veteran like him, but perhaps he just forgot about this game.

Oman:
Okay, I finally took a closer look at the "duel" between MoS and Oman a few pages back. So, Oman was suspicious of flameaxe and theo, while MoS was not so suspicious of them, and that set Oman off. Or something like that. (I'm a bit more confused about it now than I was before I read it.) That "duel" didn't make either of them seem more or less scummy to me.

ac1983fan:
Hard to pick up on scumtells when there are so few posts to analyze. Perhaps a "come on now, talk" vote is in order. I'll think about it.

vollkan:
Seems to be the most reasonable player so far. I really hope he's not scum.

Dr. Blackstrike:
Dare I say it, his game has been the most similar to mine so far, outside of that faulty strategy comment at the start. An occasional post to say that he hasn't picked up on much yet, but that he's still looking. Guess I'd be the uber-hypocrite if I attacked him for that.

curiouskarmadog:
Middle of the road. Haven't picked up on anything unusual yet.

pwayne66:
Was one of those that helped disarm the early bandwagon on Dr. Blackstrike, and rightfully so. Then again, if the Doctor does turn up scum, this will be a mark on pwayne. Just something to file in the memory banks for later.

If I was really cruel, I'd pull out an LAL vote for pwayne, since he said he wouldn't post all weekend, then proceeded to post. :-)

tyhess:
Still the newb, and still my vote, though I give him a slightly lower scumdar rating now than I did before. I'm open to alternatives.

Flameaxe:
Was subject to an early bandwagon. I didn't quite buy the reasons for it at the time, and I still don't. Oy vey... I'm starting to realize that I've put most people into the "possibly scummy, but no hard evidence, I dunno" category, including Flameaxe. I gotta kick this scumdar again.

White (r. Rump-Wat):
Man. He's posting way differently as White than he did as Rump-Wat. Maybe he got recruited during the day? :wink:

Seriously though, White has a much better scumdar than I do if MoS turns out to be scum. I really don't want to jump on that bandwagon, considering MoS seems to be playing as usual. But I can't fault White for applying a little pressure.

(By the way, White, I'm only a newb when in comes to forum games. I've been "making my lettuce" in chatroom games.)

theopor_COD:
An early lurker, but a solid contributer since.

So, who's at the top of my list? Tyhess, barely. I guess acfan would be up there as well, simply because he's said so little... but if he starts talking, he'll probably move down my list. And after that... RRR. I don't know! I've gotta find some other candidate. I'll keep looking things over.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

^^

This all seems very nicey nicey. Everyone kinda seems nice.

I can't be arsed to post any scum lists until ac1983 responds to the question. His continual lack of an answer concerns me more than anything else at present.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by White »

Well, if it makes any difference I really don't like to lurk, currently i've got way too much time on my hands even with full time school so I just like to hang out around here. If i'm lurking, you better get me to give a reason. That or i'm really depressed (not ruling it out).

Ok, so would you say Tyhess is acting more like mafia or cultist?
What do you think of MoS's deliberate refusal to help the town find scum?
Thanks for posting your scumdar!

Mod, did you prod the lurkers(Acfan and Flame)?
Mod Edit: Both have posted in the last day....
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Flameaxe wrote:I was prodded, but alas! I are here. To make it simple, I forgot to mention that this week happened to be homecoming week at my school, and I have had very little access because of it. Will re-read tomorrow probably, depending on workloads.

(Already let the mod know but: I will also be away from Thurs.-Mon. next week.)
White, did you read?
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:43 pm

Post by White »

My bad.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ac1983fan wrote:sorry for not posting, im here, i meant to read and post yeasterday, but i got interuppted... sorry,
well this is getting old, I think I agree with Theo on this..

vote ac1983fan
for lurking..

why dont you start with your scum list or player run down...or a reread analysis.

will post a player run down in the next couple days. also, support everyone posting this, I think it helps town discussion plus it is always good to see how people view each other (and how it changes through out the days)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:06 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

White wrote: Ok, so would you say Tyhess is acting more like mafia or cultist?
Hard to say. Mafia, I guess.
White wrote: What do you think of MoS's deliberate refusal to help the town find scum?
Hmm... you mean because he hasn't really gone after anyone yet, and didn't post a full breakdown of his opinions? Hmm... maybe I better do a little research. I'll go see if this is normal for him at this early stage.
theopor_COD wrote: This all seems very nicey nicey. Everyone kinda seems nice.
I realized that as I was typing it out. :oops: I'll keep an eye out for more definitive evidence, but I'm struggling at this point.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by vollkan »

My scumdar:
Mastermind of Sin:
Lurker and then just posted theory stuff. Things seem to have sparked off with #209 which was the “Theo and Flame seem genuine” post. Evidently, people think he has been overly-defensive, though I am a little unsure as to whether I would react differently if someone accused me of having a "developed plan". I don't think the suspicion of him is unreasonable or baseless, but I don't feel strongly about MoS yet.
Oman:
I noticed, as White has, that Oman seems to agree with me a lot. I was a little off-put by his “developed plan” thing, hence my FoS, but his subsequent explanation of it being “developed stance” made it slightly more sensible. A few little things here and there, but I don’t suspect him to any significant degree.
ac1983fan:
Lurker; nothing to say.
Dr. Blackstrike:
Newbish lurker. I never really developed any suspicion for him, mainly because he was so quick to admit his error with regards to that plan.
curiouskarmadog:
Seems pro-town. My scumdar hasn’t hit any pings yet for CKD.
pwayne66:
I was in agreement with him on the BS thing and was pleased he stopped the BS wagon. I think White is correct regarding the pacifism thing and sometimes taking things personally, but I am willing to put it down to playstyle more than scumminess.
tyhess:
Numerous scummy actions, but also a complete newb. He has suspicion from me, but I need to see how things develop.
Trojan Horse:
Seems legit; no pinging as of yet.
Flameaxe:
I suspected him early on, but by slipping out of the game everything has progressed beyond that point. I will be watching flame or his replacement.
White (r. Rump-Wat):
Very strong contributor and is doing well at moving discussion forward, which can only be a good thing.
theopor_COD:
When I voted him, he was being slippery as all hell. Has been rather lurkish since then and I really would like to see some more discussion to either confirm or diminish my suspicions.

On a completely separate note,
White wrote: Vollkan - I particularily don't like that Vollkan has run into virtually zero opposition to all of his views. He comes across like a mediator and judge, his words supercede others. This I don't like. However he hasn't really done anything deserving of a scum metal.
This sort of thing is something I am noticing in a few games and it confuses me a little. I don't know exactly what it is in my behaviour that is taken as "judge"-like and, likewise, I don't know whether this is good or bad for me.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by Oman »

I would like to say quickly that I mostly agree with Voll "the interrigator" kan because I've seen him play town, and this is very townlike. Not to mention the fact that he is so damn convincing and authoritive.

Basically, he persuades me a lot, as do other players, but the others haven't posted such posts on such topics.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:53 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Volkan - Until ac1983 responds I ain't shifting my stance. As things stand he's my scum suspect number one. Day One I'd rather concentrate on one or two people than analyse and comment on everything going on, doing it only makes you night kill fodder.

Doesn't mean to say I'm not reading/digesting (ala the MoS situation) just that sometimes its better to listen than speak.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:42 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Trojan Horse wrote:
Mastermind of Sin:
So far, seems to have been playing exactly as per form, except for the fact that he didn't jump in until some time had passed. Unusual for a veteran like him, but perhaps he just forgot about this game.
The mod prodded me to let me know the game had started. Didn't people call for me to be prodded or something? I can't really remember the first few pages anymore.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:44 pm

vollkan wrote:My scumdar:
Mastermind of Sin:
Lurker and then just posted theory stuff. Things seem to have sparked off with #209 which was the “Theo and Flame seem genuine” post. Evidently, people think he has been overly-defensive, though I am a little unsure as to whether I would react differently if someone accused me of having a "developed plan". I don't think the suspicion of him is unreasonable or baseless, but I don't feel strongly about MoS yet.
On top of that, I'm still waiting for anyone to show that my response was overreacting
at all
. As far as I recall, my response at the time was fairly logically based and non-emotional, which is not something that is paired with overreactive and defensive. However, I will state that a response such as that is not the norm for me, but I don't really have a reason for why I acted differently. Normally, my response *would* be one of incredulity, but I guess I decided to see if Oman could back up his accusations or something.
Permanent V/LA.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:02 am

Post by tyhess »

My Scumdar (in case anyone cares)

Some are pretty short, but whatever.....this is what I think:

Mastermind of Sin:
He was the one that had a random vote on Page 4, which I thought was a littles scummish, but that has been explained as just not being there. I still don't like the vote, but I will give him the benefit of doubt (For now)
Oman:
No read yet. I know it's late in the game, but I'm still going to wait him out.
ac1983fan:
No read (obviously).....needs to post......possibly the cultist and just reading posts???? probably not, but possible
Dr. Blackstrike:
I've been keeping my eye on the Doc since his original idea. Someone thought that his quick apology for the idea was good for him, but I think it made it even more suspicious.
curiouskarmadog:
Nothing scummish imo yet.
pwayne66:
Pro-town, imo
vollkan:
Pro-town, imo
Trojan Horse:
Interseting player. At times I have thought scum, but don't really have a real read on him yet.
Flameaxe:
Same as Trojan Horse
White (r. Rump-Wat):
Is posting A LOT. He says aggressive, and I'm starting to actually beelive him. He is doing the exact same thing in the other game I'm in with him. So either he's scum in both games, or that is his play style. For now I'll beleive him.....I think that as much talknig as he's doing has to be pro-town.
theopor_COD:
Still my vote. Possibility to change quickly.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:13 am

Post by vollkan »

Tyhess, I am a little confused.
Tyhess wrote: theopor_COD: Still my vote. Possibility to change quickly.
And yet you express no suspicion of anybody, other then that you are watching BS over the stuff from page 2.

As such, why do you say you vote could change quickly? It almost looks like you are trying to give yourself a way out to jump on a wagon.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:39 am

Post by pwayne66 »

On top of that, I'm still waiting for anyone to show that my response was overreacting at all. As far as I recall, my response at the time was fairly logically based and non-emotional, which is not something that is paired with overreactive and defensive. However, I will state that a response such as that is not the norm for me, but I don't really have a reason for why I acted differently. Normally, my response *would* be one of incredulity, but I guess I decided to see if Oman could back up his accusations or something.
I'm not going to argue that you are too defensive. i think that you were, but I also think this is a strawman. The meat of my argument is evasiveness and a refusal to help the town.

Post 210 Oman:
MoS wrote:
He's smart enough to not mess up this early as town,
WIFOM. What do you think of his strange work on Blackstrike?

MoS never answers this question.

so, post 219 Oman:
The follow up post ot that hardly has me thinking that either MoS has a developed plan on theo and Flame or that theo and flame really are genuine.

Unvote Vote MoS This is rediculous.
The content of this post doesn't seem to make alot of sense, but I agree with it in spirit.

Vollkan asks Oman to explain and he posts 222
After MoS' one post saying "Theo good, Flameaxe good" I asked him for more and he said...
and then
e completly brushes over the fact that flameaxe came under the microscope not for vote hopping, but for his poor case on Blackstrike.

His analysis of theo is in my mind incorrect, as even scum can have content, and that doesn't mean they're pro-town.

Basically his reluctance to jump on either of the major wagons for reasons I don't like make me think he's scummy.
At which point both his "developed plan" comment and his bandwagon comment become strawmen for a beautifully executed evasion of the original question.

In post 225, Oman answers MoS' question. In post 226 Vollkan helps MoS avoid answering the question by pressing Oman on his "developed stance" comment.

In Post 227 Vollkan:
MoS has ignored the actual reasons for the suspicions, but why does that make him scummy?

Also, MoS, what do you think of the actual cases against Theo and Flame?
A simultaneous defence of MoS' refusal to answer the question while restating the origninal question.

In post 228, MoS, still to answer the original question, persists on asking even more questions that are pure over reactions of Oman's comment and vote.

MoS replies in 229:
I didn't read any cases on them. I wasn't going to be influenced in my opinions when asked to say what I think of them, because it's all too easy to just paraphrase the case and make yourself look good without really trying to say what you think. I only read their posts in isolation before saying how I felt about them.
An odd responce. The fact that somebody would not read every post in the thread seems unhelpful. How is MoS supposed to understand why anybody is voting for anybody else if he doesn't read their reasons? This deliberate handicap seems to let MoS off the hook though as Vollkan is quick to respond in 232
Fair enough; this is a very reasonable thing to do.

Reasonable? How is not reading other peoples arguments reasonable?

In post 228, MoS, still to answer the original question, persists on asking even more questions that are pure over reactions of Oman's comment and vote.

In post 230, Oman corrects MoS' charcterization of his accusations:
MoS wrote:
So, your theory is that I'm scum and They're possibly scum

scumMY! I don't know you're scum. My theory is that you are connected to one if not both in some way. I don't think there is three scum in this game (rules post), but I believe there is a connection or if they're town., you're trying to form one (buddying up).
In post 233 Oman states:
My biggest problem was not that he didn't see them as scummy, but that he gave crap reasons for it, AND ignored half the case, Vollkan.
followed a very ironic:
Apparently I'm not the only one ignoring things...^^
from MoS, considering that Oman has played along and answered all the questions asked of him and you still won't answer his one question!

MoS continues to ask and have answered questions in 236 & 238.

In post 243, I post:
Talk about brains hurting, I'm not even sure I follow what is going on anymore

It seems that:

1) MoS posts defending FlameAxe and Theo
2) Oman calls him out for it
3) MoS and Vollkan beat the hell out of him over semantical issues.
4) Lost in the dust is any answers from MoS on how he reconciles Flameaxes' actions against the Doc. Lost is his answers about how posting content clears Theo.
5) MoS doesn't bother reading other's viewpoints as they might influence him
6) This is AOK with Volkan.

Am I missing something?
to which MoS replies:
I'm not arguing semantics. You missed that.
MoS seems unconcerned about #4 and not answering questions.

In post 248 MoS gives a heartfelt post about how Oman thinks he is scum (hasn't Oman corrected this once already) and wants him dead, therefore his reaction (and evasion?) was justified.

In post 251, I ask
As an IC, do you think the town ought to take to accepting "x feels protown" , "I think x is geniune" and "scum wouldn't do x" as reasonable statements that should be accepted without question?
Now, I don't want to give away the ending here but, I haven't got an answer for that either...

and now, MoS is being oppositional defiant by refusing to post his suspicions. Am I alone in not being surprised?

Confirm Vote:MoS
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:56 am

Post by Oman »

MoS wrote:Am I alone in not being surprised?
I'm with you.

Great post there, its nice to see someone else calling MoS out. Lets see if he twists your words.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:09 am

:twist:
Permanent V/LA.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:12 am

Post by Oman »

How productive. You realise you're leading the vote count right?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:20 am

And? Voting me isn't productive. Besides, I couldn't resist.
Permanent V/LA.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:30 am

Post by Oman »

Its your desire to help the town that makes me convince you're not scum.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 am

Post by tyhess »

vollkan wrote:Tyhess, I am a little confused.
Tyhess wrote: theopor_COD: Still my vote. Possibility to change quickly.
And yet you express no suspicion of anybody, other then that you are watching BS over the stuff from page 2.

As such, why do you say you vote could change quickly? It almost looks like you are trying to give yourself a way out to jump on a wagon.

I thought it was clear that if anything happened suspicious to MoS, Oman, Doc, Trojan Horse, Flameaxe, or White I wouldn't hesitate to jump on them for it. I wasn't trying to say I'd jump on a bandwagon, I said if I would find a good reason that I would vote for them.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:26 am

Oman wrote:Its your desire to help the town that makes me convince you're not scum.
Well at least one person here has done their homework.
Permanent V/LA.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:54 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Well at least one person here has done their homework.
What are you suggesting?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”