Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:29 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Dammit, every time. I talk bad about someone and it turns out it was serious. I hate it for SPAG. I hope he gets better.

On to the game. I'm not getting a whole lot of content from this game thus far. I've seen far more progressive day 1's and I just don't see what BM is seeing. His arrogance is a bit annoying but other than that, I don't necessarily see a case on him.

No one has really said anything particularly stupid or illogical thus far. That's what I tend to look for and jump on. At the moment, I'm not lurking but I don't really have a lot to say.

I don't really see the case ChronX has on d3sisted so I'll throw out a
FOS: ChronX
to get some discussion going. I had no read on the guy he replaced so this is based on very little.

I'm gonna
FOS: Atticus
too for claiming there was real content in proceeding pages. I just don't think this is true. :lol:
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:45 pm

Post by Raffles »

Battle Mage wrote: Oh and don't think the subtle move of suspicion towards me, has escaped my attention. :-P
Subtle? What do I have to do to make it obvious? Track down your IP address and send in a SWAT team?

This is a same type of game I've been playing with CKD just a few days ago (where we both got brutally, brutally murdered) and I have to say I agree with him. Granted, I was scum and he was town back then, but that's totally irrelevant. Point is I agree on how it should be played.
CKD wrote:In a speed game a quick connection is important. However, during my read, I got the initial reaction that BM was just trying to start conversation, but again I don’t know. My theory is that in a speed game….scum would try to lurk (as best as they could) or post but not really have a lot of content.
At least we are talking about this game now instead of pulling metagame out of our assholes, so we are doing good. Keep talking, more we talk, more accurate our lynch will be.

I'm off to do some thinking, and you can help me. What if, Battle Mage
did
kill out of random, only to later suggest there might be a connection between =confused= and d3sisted? (It'd be nice to hear from you d3sisted, by the way) Remember it's not him who pointed out the link between those two. It was Hang 'em High.
Woof!
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Post by d3sisted »

First off, I'm really sorry to hear of your accident, SPAG, and i wish you all the best in a speedy recovery.

Next, I offer apologies for losing track of this game.

Now, onto the game itself:
HeH has brought to my attention a bit of flipflopping on BM's part, and that's when he says "Secondly, a N0 kill does not mean jack-shit. "
Earlier in the game, he was the only one to question the N0 kill, try to put substance behind the metagaming and even go as far as to paint it fancy words like "significance", "useful" and "impressed".
It's an interesting case HeH has brought up, and I think I am buying into it. I'm interested to hear what BM has to say for himself.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:24 pm

Post by d3sisted »

EBWOP:

Didn't really finish the thought there, but I think you can all figure it out:

I meant to add, with his being so enthusiastic about the N0 kill and the metagaming, doesn't seem logical that he would denounce it so quickly by saying it doesn't mean jack-shit.

Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:35 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

First, I want to extend my best wishes to SPAG. Really sorry to hear about your injury and I hope you improve quickly.

As for the game, I'm finding it really tough to get a read on anyone so far. I've been coming up with all sorts of bizarre theories in an attempt to get
something
to go on, but everything I've come up with just seems very weak. I think CKD got it right when he said:
curiouskarmadog wrote:My theory is that in a speed game….scum would try to lurk (as best as they could) or post but not really have a lot of content.
Lurking is not a great tell, but it can be worth noting and I think it is more likely to be significant in a speed game. I don't know if it's any more valid than any of the crazy metagame analyses I've come up with, but it's definitely worth looking at. Unfortunately, I'm going to be LA today and over the weekend. I'll try to get a new read in and post my top candidates on Monday.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:26 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

jesus, now I feel like an ass (was bad mouthing spag in another game)..

hope his situation improves!!
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:28 am

Post by Gorgon »

Atticus wrote:Gorgon is very hard to read to me. He posts quite often enough, but as I think of it, there weren't too many actual opinions and not enough scumhunting going on. But of course, he's knew, so I don't know him, and I can't tell if this is what he would do regardless of alignment or whatever.
Well, I'm not sure that's a fair characterisation, at least in a relative sense. Who in this game has been more active in scumhunting, and in what way? Mind you, I ask also out of curiousity and a desire to better myself, if there's something lacking. I know that I have a tendency to give people the benefit of the doubt, and to avoid jumping on them in what I would see as an aggressive manner - and if this is something that's hurting my play, it's something I'm going to have to work on.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:30 am

Post by Gorgon »

And oh, of course I give my best wishes to SPAG, and hope he recovers fully, and soon!
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:20 am

Post by distad »

Get well soon, Spag!

Hang 'em High wrote:d3sisted was in 1 completed game with =Confused=; they were both townies and d3sisted posted some complimentary things about =Confused=, so it's fair to say he was impressed with =Confused='s game and might consider him a threat.

FOS: d3sisted

I thought Battle Mage might be the target tonight, since he appears to be the most experiened player here. The fact that he survived night 0 makes me a little suspicious.
There are two interesting things with this P1 post, especially considering his incredibly far-fetched theory.
1) Creates a meta-game link between d3 and the deceased.
2) Fingers BM for surviving N0.

I didn't put too much significance in his bringing up d3/Confused's previous encounter until looking at his theory again. In this post, he's giving us a brief introduction to the thought that d3 might have plotted to remove an immediate threat. It's played off fairly quickly, but the thought was lingering there. Now, he brings up the thought again as we're getting back to a deadline.

Then, he makes a small punch at BM there. Again, on its own, it's fairly innocuous. But, with his large theory, he's again bringing it to our attention.

Together, these are making me think that he is scum who purposely kept these two alive to create the reasonable suspicions where he could get a fairly easy lynch (or two!) in the first couple of days.

Unvote, Vote: HeH
(which is not a reference to James Brown)
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:20 am

Post by distad »

EBWOP:
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:51 am

Post by theopor_COD »

A votecount for you.

Battle Mage 2 - Hang em High, Raffles
d3sisted 1 - ChronX
Mr Pigg 1 - Gorgon
Hang em High 1 - Distad

6 days till the deadline. Everyone has posted since Tuesday, I'll re-check activity Sunday
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by Atticus »

I'm trying to stay away from assuming things based on the night kill. However, that HeH brought it up as a suspicion on Battle Mage makes is interesting, because he was the one to point out the connection between d3sisted and =Confused=.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:34 pm

Post by Raffles »

Come on people, more talky, less thinky! Leave it up to deadline, more likely the scummy wins.

Atticus: In what way does it interest you?
Woof!
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:05 pm

Post by d3sisted »

distad wrote:Together, these are making me think that he is scum who purposely kept these two alive to create the reasonable suspicions where he could get a fairly easy lynch (or two!) in the first couple of days.
Wait, I'm kinda lost with this sentence. Methinks using proper nouns instead of pronouns would help.

Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:42 pm

Post by Atticus »

Raffles wrote:Come on people, more talky, less thinky! Leave it up to deadline, more likely the scummy wins.

Atticus: In what way does it interest you?
It interests me because HeH seems to be suspecting Battle Mage for something that the former did.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:48 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

actually Atticus makes a good point.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:50 am

Post by Gorgon »

I don't know ... HeH's post that distad quotes immediately follows BM's post where he says:
Battle Mage wrote:my reason for asking about Confused, was simply that in a game like this, he seems a peculiar N0 kill, unless there was perhaps a grudge involved, or somebody had played with him before, and knew him to be a potent player.
So following this up with some research into this issue seems like a natural thing to do to me. Anyway, it seemed natural to me at the time.

Also, if HeH is scum, bringing up the NK ponderings again, and with such an elaborate theory, seems like a pretty reckless gambit at this point ... it would make more sense to me to just lay low and let the time tick away, given that we're on a tight deadline.

That said, we seriously need a bandwagon to get things moving, IMO, so ...

Unvote: Mr.PiGG

Vote: HeH

Plus, the fact that HeH was the first to mention suspicion against BM for having survived N0 is actually an interesting point to note ...
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:25 am

Post by Raffles »

I think we have time for one wagon...

HeH, it would be good if you could answer the questions that's been raised so far.
Woof!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:45 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

well that puts him at -2....wow, that came on fast
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:49 am

Post by Raffles »

Well we have to play it fast, don't we? Faster the better.
Woof!
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:50 am

Post by ChronX »

unvote desisted

vote BattleMage

I'm not sure how I feel about HeH but I really don't like how BM involves himself in every theory and spins it into something else. For example on page 4 different people expressed the theory that usually those who bail on games are vanilla town and get bored.
BattleMage wrote:hmm... i can't say that i think your reasoning is absolutely reliable. In my personal experience, it can often be scum who go inactive, and replace out of games, simply because there is too much pressure on them to make good content
There are numerous examples like this.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:57 am

Post by Atticus »

I don't think that that's particularly scummy. I think Battle Mage plays prolifically and he involves himself with everything he can.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:06 am

Post by Gorgon »

Atticus wrote:I don't think that that's particularly scummy. I think Battle Mage plays prolifically and he involves himself with everything he can.
Agreed. It's become quite clear to me that BM's style is highly unique, and he does tend to get attacked just simply on the basis of his style. ChronX's points are very weak, IMO. If he could elaborate a little more on his thoughts, perhaps that would get me interested.

And oh, it actually does seem that BM's NK discussion might be getting us somewhere.

So yeah, BM is not my top priority right now.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:09 am

Post by d3sisted »

From what I've seen in past games, three consecutive votes usually means 1 of them is scum.

Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:19 pm

Post by Atticus »

Eh, I'm not much into scumtells.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”