curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

by my count this puts her at -2....going to be interesting to see these last two votes.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:meh, I don't buy it.

If there were a jester it would have to be karen, but i don't think there is one, I just think
she's No good at this game
, and probably scum at the same time. But if she is a townie,
she's a bad enough townie that we'd be better off without her
you dont need to insult..

are you not pushing a lynch because she is a bad player?
see thats the thing you only read the parts of my posts that suit what you're trying to make them look like. read the ENTIRE POST. I'm pushing the lynch because i think she is both scum and bad at the game. It's AS I SAID 3 TIMES NOW (AT LEAST) its win/win for the town to lynch Karen. Because she's either Scum (which i HIGHLY BELIEVE, and a bad player) or she's a bad playing townie that is a detriment to the town. Either way Karen is not good for the town, and lynching people that are not good for the town is good for the town, at least at this early stage of the game, later on it might be better to keep a piss poor town player to keep the odds in the towns favor, but right now we can stand the loss.

The way I see it, there are AT THE MOST, 6 non town players in the game We know there are 2 groups, mafia and wolves. 3 each sounds right to me. Cause well, it wouldnt be fair to either of the groups if one of them had more than the other, so its likely they're equal. If they each had 4, that would be 8 non town players, ALMOST HALF of all the players in the game, which i find to be unlikely as that would be a vast advantage to the mafia/wolves as if they guess lucky and get the town to lynch in their favor the game could be over (at least for the town) in 3 days. And if each group only has 2, that leaves each of them at too much of a disadvantage for it to be very fair, so thats where I get 3 in each. and its unlikely we have a SK since with 2 killing groups we could lose 2 townies a night, a SK could make it 3, and could lead to a super quick town loss like the 4/4 scenario.

So, with 3 in each group, If we lynch Karen and she turns out to be town then we have 6 mafia/wolves and 13 town left. If both groups are successful tonight, that leaves us with 6 m/w and 11 town. The odds of lynching a mafia day two jump.

The town is still in a fairly good position and we've eliminated a blight on the town and thats all only if karen ends up being town.

If she ends up being mafia/wolf then going into tonight we're left with 5 m/w and 14, and if both groups are succesful that 5 m/w 12 town in teh morning.

Those are the ONLY 2 possible scenarios (that are worst case in regards to mafia/wolf night action) and both of them leave us still in a pretty good position tomorrow.

and just for the record at this point in the game, the scenarios are the same NO MATTER WHO WE LYNCH, so why not lynch the person who at this point is the least helpful to the town and to most of us the most scummy so far?

This is not complex logic people. Day 1 lynches are always a guess (in games that start in day), and it's just silly not to go with our best guess.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:28 pm

have you already thought out what you are going to say if she comes up town? Will it be more of the same as the above post? Who will you pursue then? If she is scum, who are her partners?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

No matter what she comes up I'll be going after you tomorrow based on you complete and utter lack of reading comprehension

oh and the fact that you've hung yourself out to dry rather nicely all by yourself

buy like earlier im done arguing with you about this because you refuse to comprehend english and basic sentence structure.

I've made my beliefs QUITE CLEAR and my vote is staying where it is, and with Karen being -2 i'll leave it up to those out there who are still not voting and/or voting for someone else.

MOD could we please get a new count.
Karen
Karen
Goon
Karen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:36 pm

Post by Karen »

i do not have a "jester" role.

roleclaiming is bad:
1) it helps the scum figure some things out before going to NK.
2) it helps town out, b/c this is the worst way to find out how bad they really were. lynching someone with such strong gut instinct in their heart, but then finding out how wrong they really were.
3) i'm satisfied both ways.

i'll pick up prods if they come, but lurking until my lynch, again, through which i will derive IMMENSE satisfaction.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

and with that we have a NON CLAIM.

So, shall just put an end to this charade?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:40 pm

ZONEACE wrote:
No matter what she comes up I'll be going after you tomorrow based on you complete and utter lack of reading comprehension

oh and the fact that you've hung yourself out to dry rather nicely all by yourself

buy like earlier im done arguing with you about this because you refuse to comprehend english and basic sentence structure.

I've made my beliefs QUITE CLEAR and my vote is staying where it is, and with Karen being -2 i'll leave it up to those out there who are still not voting and/or voting for someone else.

MOD could we please get a new count.
laughing...so you are going to hang a bad townie (yes, who you say you think is scum, but the alignment really doesnt matter to you) today then you are going to go after me tomorrow no matter what her alignment is tomorrow (not caring what my alignment is)...and this guy is leading the lynching party...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
laughing...so you are going to hang a bad townie (yes, who you say you think is scum, but the alignment really doesnt matter to you) today then you are going to go after me tomorrow no matter what her alignment is tomorrow (not caring what my alignment is)...and this guy is leading the lynching party...
i didn't say I was gonna try and get others to vote for you tomorrow, but I WILL be voting for you. tomorrow I'll stay out of what you people want to do, unless someone makes a really strong case for someone that I believe and I'm needed in order to secure a lynch. Otherwise, my vote will be on you from the moment i post after the thread reopens until the end of tomorrow.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:44 pm

Karen wrote:i do not have a "jester" role.

roleclaiming is bad:
1) it helps the scum figure some things out before going to NK.
2) it helps town out, b/c this is the worst way to find out how bad they really were. lynching someone with such strong gut instinct in their heart, but then finding out how wrong they really were.
3) i'm satisfied both ways.

i'll pick up prods if they come, but lurking until my lynch, again, through which i will derive IMMENSE satisfaction.
then you deserve to hang...I am sorry I wasted breath on this.

MOD can we get a replacement? She is admittingly going to lurk. She will pick up prods but not participate...she really isnt playing your game
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Karen wrote:i'll pick up prods if they come, but lurking until my lynch
Seriously, now you're just hurting the game as a whole. IF YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN PLAYING, DON'T PLAY! GET REPLACED!

@Karma: The point isn't she's scum, and if she isn't, then we've made a horrible mistake. The point is, no matter what dshe is, she's hurting us, and getting rid of anything as unhelpful as she is is nothing but an advantage. So it doesn't matter who her scumbuddies are, tomorrow, we'll have one less pathetic player, plus whatever the night brings us
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:46 pm

ZONEACE wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
i didn't say I was gonna try and get others to vote for you tomorrow, but I WILL be voting for you. tomorrow I'll stay out of what you people want to do, unless someone makes a really strong case for someone that I believe and I'm needed in order to secure a lynch. Otherwise, my vote will be on you from the moment i post after the thread reopens until the end of tomorrow.

go ahead...I am done trying to make the town see reason....and Karen is a waste of space and puts this town at a bigger disadvantage.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:49 pm

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Karen wrote:i'll pick up prods if they come, but lurking until my lynch
Seriously, now you're just hurting the game as a whole. IF YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN PLAYING, DON'T PLAY! GET REPLACED!

@Karma: The point isn't she's scum, and if she isn't, then we've made a horrible mistake. The point is, no matter what dshe is, she's hurting us, and getting rid of anything as unhelpful as she is is nothing but an advantage. So it doesn't matter who her scumbuddies are, tomorrow, we'll have one less pathetic player, plus whatever the night brings us
I agree...I will not vote for her because of principle at this point, but I think it will not be hard to drum up 2 more votes or wait until deadline..I am hoping
at least
the MOD sees reason and replaces her
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Upon closer examination of Karen's posts, one post stood out at me like a sore thumb:
Karen wrote:
unvote: WhoMe?

vote: Karen.

go scum!!!
There's only one reason I can think of why a living player would root for the scum - because they're scum, and they're giving up.

It's time for Karenscum to die.

Unvote, Vote: Karen
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:17 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Wikipedia wrote: In Greek mythology, the story of Lycaon provides one of the earliest examples of a werewolf legend. According to one version, Lycaon was transformed into a wolf as a result of eating human flesh.
TWELFTH VOTECOUNT

Karen
(10) - Flyinghawk , ChocolateAttack , WhoMe? , Twomz , Sonicpulsar , Cephrir , ZONEACE , Karen , UltimaAvalon , Tarhalindur

Cephrir
(3) - Kison , thinktank , dybeck
UltimaAvalon
(1) - Honary Hitchhiker
Green Day
(1) - Blight
ZONEACE
(1) - curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
(1) - davidangelsummers

Not voting
(3):Green Day , theopor_COD , FeRnAnDo

Needed for a lynch: 11 votes
Negotiable deadline: 21 days

If by deadline no one has 11 votes player with more votes is lynched
If two players have same number of votes lynch is decided by duel

MOD NOTE

I will not be replacing players against their will unless they break the game rules.
Please do not mention this anymore as this discussion do not belong to the game.
In case of any doubt feel free to PM me.
DR
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

This will save me catching up for a few days and will save the Vig a job.

Vote Karen
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:57 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

FINAL VOTECOUNT

Karen
(11) - Flyinghawk , ChocolateAttack , WhoMe? , Twomz , Sonicpulsar , Cephrir , ZONEACE , Karen , UltimaAvalon , Tarhalindur , theopor_COD

Cephrir
(3) - Kison , thinktank , dybeck
UltimaAvalon
(1) - Honary Hitchhiker
Green Day
(1) - Blight
ZONEACE
(1) - curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
(1) - davidangelsummers

Not voting
(2):Green Day , FeRnAnDo

------

Day 1 - Hangwoman

It was still the first day, but paranoia was already running through their blood, eating their souls...

WhoMe?
: Good morning.
Karen
: It's scummy to give the first good morning.
vote:WhoMe?

Sonicpulsar
: Are you crazy? It's just good manners.
Karen
: Oh, no! With a bad town like this we are already doomed!
vote:Karen

Tarhalindur
: Why are you voting yourself? It makes no sense.
Green Day:
Karen is so scummy. We should hang her.
dybeck
: Are you crazy? She is just too young!
Karen
:
vote: Elvis Presley
. Obviously scum.
ZONEACE
: What? Nobody votes THE KING and live another day. Let's lynch her!
curiouskarmadog
: No, let's not kill her! Let's replace her instead!
Blight
: How can we do it?
Honary Hitchhiker
: We could take her to other city and leave her there.
Flyinghawk
: Yes, and we grab someone from that city and bring here to live in her house.
davidangelsummers
: Sure, like we did with some yogurt stealer or something...
UltimaAvalon
: Nah, let's do it the right way... KILL HER!

That said the players gathered at towncenter and prepared for the lynching. ChocolateAttack got a chair and Cephrir a piece of rope. Kison prepared the rope while thinktank positioned Karen on the chair. theopor_COD decided to prod her out of the chair, but was interrupted by Karens last words:

Karen
: Your bunch of n00bs. You can't kill me, I'm so much more experienced than all of you.
Twomz
: But you seem to be new in the town.
Karen
: Haha! I'm not myself! This is a secret alt me that I am pretending to be so no one knows who I am!
FeRnAnDo
: But, if it's supposed to be secret. Why are you saying this?
Karen
: Huh?

Took by surprise, Karen takes a step back and falls from the chair. The sound of her broken neck being the last sound from her.
Karen, townie. was lynched on Day 1

Night 1 starts now.
Please refer to your role PMs for information about night actions.
Day 2 starts in 72h, or after both factions are done with their Night conversations and all night actions received.

MOD NOTE:

The flavor in this post is just a humorous summary of the conversations during the game. No alignement and no portion of the setup is revealed there.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:31 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Night 1 - Your heart tastes like chicken

Once upon a time there was a boy named UltimaAvalon.
UltimaAvalon learned everything about the use herbs from his deceased grandmother.
He learned their use in the cure of imsomnia, to increase sexual potency, and even to make hair grow.
The most important, however, is that UltimaAvalon knew some herbs that were able to protect him from werewolf attacks. He had those along with him all the time, and although the town saw him as some kind of weirdo, he knew he was protected from evil.
But this was not his favorite herb, recently UltimaAvalon dedicated too much time to smoking a cigarrete made out of a special herb he has been cultivating on his backyard.

This night was not different. He was peacifully enjoying his joint when the very world around him seemed to change.
He wouldn't bother much if he was not changed himself. He now had several pairs of arms, blue skin and his cigarrete turned into a turkish hookah. How strange! He was now a huge blue caterpillar, leaning on a giant mushroom!
He was kind of enjoying his current situation, wondering the advantages of multiple limbs when his thoughts are interrupted by the words of a big white rabbit:

theopor_COD :
Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late!
UltimaAvalon :
Late for what, Mr. Rabbit?
theopor_COD :
To catch up with the game. Night is almost over, Oh dear, Got to run!
UltimaAvalon :
Wait, Mr. Rabbit, it's dangerous to walk around so late at night!

But the rabbit payed no attention to his claims and went ahead, in a hurry to read the game.
He walked a couple of meters but suddenly stopped, out of nowhere a pair of glowing eyes appeared floating on the air in front of him.
Gradually the rest of the body materialized to show a cat with evil eyes and a demented grin.

theopor_COD :
What! Are you Zindaras?
Cheshire Cat :
No, my friend. Although I don't deny there may be some of him left in me...

The rabbit didn't understand what he meant, nor had the time to try.

theopor_COD :
Sorry, I can't talk! I have to go, I'm too late!
Cheshire Cat :
Calm down, buddy. This way you will have a heart attack.
theopor_COD :
Oh dear! Oh dear! I got to go or I shall be too late!

Fast as lightning the Cheshire Cat moved his paw, meeting the rabbit's chest with brutal strenght and making a big hole. Few seconds later the paw comes out again, this time having the rabbit's heart in it's grasp.
Deprived of its most important organ, the rabbit's body falls to the ground lifeless, while the cat takes a bite from the blood dripping muscle...

Cheshire Cat :
See? I told you your heart would be attacked, hehe! mmmm.... tastes like chicken.

That said the cat magically disappears, as like he had never been there.
UltimaAvalon could not believe his eyes, or could, since the whole reality around him seemed bent anyways.
Could it have been a dream?
Well, at least now theopor_COD won't need to read the game anymore...

theopor_COD, townie, was killed by the wolves

Alice :
Hello.

It was the sweet voice of a little girl.

UltimaAvalon :
Be careful, little girl. It's dangerous to be here!
Alice :
Why is it dangerous, Mr. Caterpillar?
UltimaAvalon :
I just saw a psycho cat take the life of that poor white rabbit over there.
Alice :
Oh, a rabbit!

The little girl goes closer to the body, stares at it for almost a minute, than steps on it and turns to the caterpillar with inquisitive eyes.

Alice :
You did this, didn't you?
UltimaAvalon :
Of course it wasn't me!
Alice :
You are a wolf, aren't you?
UltimaAvalon :
No, no! I swear for the soul of my grandmother! Not only I'm not a wolf, but I also carry these magic herbs that protect me from them.
Alice :
I'm relieved to know that, Mr. Caterpillar. Because if you were a wolf I wouldn't be able to kill you with this.

The girl pulls a gun from her dress, and points to UltimaAvalon , who raises his multiple hands.
UltimaAvalon :
No, noooooo...
BAM

Somehow, in the split second between the bullet leaving the gun and hitting his head, UltimaAvalon is still able to see the demonic grin of the cat resting on the three behind the girl.
His herbs were indeed able to save him from evil, but not from all forms of evil...

UltimaAvalon , wolfsbane, was killed by the mafia

wikipedia wrote:Psychosis is a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a "loss of contact with reality". Stedman's Medical Dictionary defines psychosis as "a severe mental disorder, with or without organic damage, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality and causing deterioration of normal social functioning."
People experiencing a psychotic episode may report hallucinations or delusional beliefs (e.g., grandiose or paranoid delusions), and may exhibit personality changes and disorganized thinking.(...)Some studies indicate that cannabis use may lower the threshold for psychosis, and thus help to trigger full-blown psychosis in some people. Early studies have been criticized for failing to consider other drugs (such as LSD) that the participants may have used before or during the study, as well as other factors such as pre-existing ("comorbid") mental illness. However, more recent studies with better controls have still found a small increase in risk for psychosis in cannabis users
Last edited by Dead Rikimaru on Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:34 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

With 17 players alive 9 votes are needed for a lynch.
It's now Day 2.
Game on,
Play with honor.
DR
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:00 am

Post by Twomz »

Gonna check over the thread later and I will posts thoughts then.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:01 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Bah go town.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:07 am

Post by WhoMe? »

i'm drawing a blank. Hard to gather much info from the Karen lynch, and having quickly looked over ultima and theopor's posts I can't see why they would have been targeted. Anyone got a plan?
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:32 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

OMG GAY

Go Town
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Karen
Karen
Goon
Karen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:37 am

Post by Karen »

sweet!

go scum!
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:17 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Well I must say that's a little suprising. The end of yesterday made me suspicious of theopor for showing up after lurking to place the hammer and then give a lame excuse for having lurked.

that said
FOS everyone I FOS'd yesterday
cause the night scene doesn't change any of those suspicions

and
vote KarmaDog
because i stick to my word and said I'd be voting him today.

Your actions yesterday were disconcerting, yes, Karen ended up being town, but there was the possibility she was scum coupled with her inability to aid the town in ANY WAY. It was obvious that our best option yesterday was to lynch her and you were completely opposed to it but gave us no better ideas.
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Sweet Enola Gay, we lost a wolfsbane, whatever that is. I'm assuming it would have helped us eliminate the werewolves. So, we're off to a rocky start.

I don't understand why Theo was killed. I must admit, I thought his hammering was quite scummy. I was fully prepared to put him toward the top of my scum list based purely on this day 1 actions, particularly that hammer with the lame excuse. Guess I'll have to go back and reread some of his earlier posts and find a connection to his death by the werewolves.

I'd like to go ahead and say "I told you so" when it came to UltimaAvalon. He blatantly admitted to lurking and we now know he was a power role. It just seems more often than not that the lurkers are the town power roles or are scum. I'm guessing him was wacked based on this.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”