Mini 479: Care Bears Mafia - Abandoned in Every Way.

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Forgiven, forgotten, QMan. I'll never forgive Kwanton for being a cop thuogh. NEVER.
Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by Kwanton »

Heh. 3 cop claims in 1 game. that's the second weirdest mafia I've been in....

Regardless, if you guys want to think I'm scummy go ahead. but you're really nit-picking on something minor. yea i did think that there was a vig. I EXPLAINED MY REASONS MULTIPLE TIMES. I love how you people who are calling me scummy are just quoting the fact that I chastised the supposed vig and leaving out my legitimate reasoning behind it. For the sake of moving this game along, I think that getting a deathlock on something that minor is more scummy than what I did.
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:25 am

Post by Dr. Blackstrike »

Please don't let this die again.

-Doc "Post something!" Blackstrike
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.

[size=75] Last edited by Dr. Blackstrike on Sat Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 times in total [/size]
Bob700
Bob700
Townie
Bob700
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:04 am

Post by Bob700 »

Hm.. So now what? We have feelings on Kwanton, and many people aren't talking. We also have a deadline to work with. We have to get something done!

And, because random voting is long over...
Unvote: Dr. Blackstrike
Because everyone knows... Internet. Serious Business.
MissMoo
MissMoo
Goon
MissMoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:01 am

Post by MissMoo »

Bob700 wrote:We also have a deadline to work with.
Did I miss that we have a deadline?

As I said before, everyone I am suspicious of is possibly because they were the only ones actually posting. I'm still leery of Kwanton's assumption that we have a vig as I hope a vig wouldn't just randomly kill without having a read on people.

That said, if we are on a deadline, that's where my vote will be going. If we're not, I'd like to get to know you folks a bit better.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:05 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

It could be a newbie vig. I've seen games where newbies vigkilled on night 1, thinking that they HAD to kill each night.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
Bob700
Bob700
Townie
Bob700
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:38 am

Post by Bob700 »

MissMoo wrote:Did I miss that we have a deadline?
Zindaras wrote:
Deadline
:
September 16th, 21:00 GMT+1
Five days. We need to get working.
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:51 pm

Five days. We need to get working.
So everybody make that list like I said.

-Doc "see my last few post" Blackstrike

[size=75] Last edited by Dr. Blackstrike on Sat Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 times in total [/size]
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:54 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Wasn't aware that we're under a deadline. Here are some thoughts:

Jex
- His attack on Kwanton felt odd and and somewhat reaching to me.
Jex wrote:wow! Can we say overkill? Big FOS Kwanton for completely over reacting to a pretty much random vote
Deathstrike's vote on Kwanton was pretty obviously anything but a random vote, so this whole attack is pretty much based on a false assumption.

He later justified his vote with this:
Kwanton wrote: the first to dismiss the idea of an SK and guess that it was a vigilante. I would never have though it to be a vigilante killing on the first night.

This quote bugs me also:
Kwanton wrote:Also I think I read that this is a non-vanilla game so if all mafia members have an additional power, then an SK would make the game terribly unbalanced even if there was a resurector role.
Where did you read about this at? I would assume that mafia wouldn't have power roles unless maybe they activate certain nights like other roles (although I don't know how many roles activate and how many work always if any.)
Both fair points to make, but I really don't see how this makes Kwanton scummy. It appears to me like Jex has little more than a disagreement with Kwanton on game-balance and vig-behavior, yet he uses them to paint Kwanton in a scummy light ("this quote bugs me also").

And his third point against Kwanton:
Jex wrote:Last, I find it interesting that these are how Kwanton responds to anyone that points his way:
Kwanton wrote:Right now it looks like your fishing for a nonexistent reason to vote me.
Kwanton wrote:If that makes you suspicious maybe you're "reading just a tad bit too much into this"
Kwanton wrote:it seems like you're fishing for a reason to vote. To me it seems scummy that you're willing tojump on any little thing.....
These are said to three different people on different subjects. I found it interesting.
That's a rather underhanded way to attack someone. Instead of explaining
why
he found those quotes "interesting" (something I can't quite follow), he seems to want to bait Kwanton into digging his own grave.

Overall, I consider Jex a scum-candidate.

Dr. Blackstrike
- He's been telling people to talk for a long time now, yet he's not doing any talking either.
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:I'll think about it though, and maybe you can persaude me to move my vote. :D
Don't like this post at all. It has a vibe of Burden of Proof.
Dr.Blackstrike wrote:Let's just get a deadline and be done with it.
Very anti-town sentiment.

Coupled with the fact that he suggested mass-claim and tried to pass off a completely useless LoS as "conversation", I see him as a scum-candidate as well.

MissMoo
- Somewhat inconsistent. She initially FoSed both Kwanton and Somada for a supposed slip, yet for some reason, Somada was completely dropped out of the equation at some point. This has been somewhat of a running theme, as she's dropped a number of suspects quitely:
First suspicion: Kwanton and Somada (for thinking there was a vig kill)
Second suspicion: Jex, Kwanton and Dr. Deathstrike (for no stated reason)
Third suspicion: Kwanton (for thinking there was a vig kill)

That progression doesn't quite add up to anything I'd expect from a pro-town player. Scummy.

Bob700
- Utterly useless. Why haven't I seen anything worth reading from you?

Qman
- No post for over a month. Why?

Nanosauromo
- Nothing to analyze.

Somada
- Pretty decent vibes. How refreshing.

Kwanton
- While I agree that the assumption we have a vig is somewhat odd, I don't think he's deserving of as much scrutiny as he received. One of the perks of a night-start game is that you have something to discuss from the get-go (nightkills), so for him to analyze the kill is not inherently anti-town. His subsequent defense sounded pretty sound and reasonable to me. The one thing that bothers me about him is that he's done nothing little more than defend himself. Who are you suspicious of, Kwanton? Why aren't you voting anyone?

Skruffs
- Why did I beat you to a proper analysis?!

See, that wasn't so hard.

Vote: Dr. Deathstrike

Would vote Jex or MissMoo if necessary at deadline.
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:55 am

CrashTextDummie wrote:
Dr. Blackstrike
- He's been telling people to talk for a long time now, yet he's not doing any talking either.
*shrugs* not much to talk about in recent times.
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:I'll think about it though, and maybe you can persaude me to move my vote. :D
Don't like this post at all. It has a vibe of Burden of Proof.
I was just saying that I would move if I had a good reason.
Dr.Blackstrike wrote:Let's just get a deadline and be done with it.
Very anti-town sentiment.
Made in a moment of frustration. But yeah, a pretty stupid thing to ask for.
Coupled with the fact that he suggested mass-claim and tried to pass off a completely useless LoS as "conversation", I see him as a scum-candidate as well.
What does LoS mean?

-Doc "I hope defending yourself isn't scummy... because I'm pretty much screwed if it is." Blackstrike

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:02 am

Post by Skruffs »

i'm trying guys - crashtextdummy beat me to an analysis. I am shamed, and should probably be lynched for it. :cry:
expect more tonight
Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:32 am

Post by Kwanton »

CrashTextDummie wrote:
Kwanton
- While I agree that the assumption we have a vig is somewhat odd, I don't think he's deserving of as much scrutiny as he received. One of the perks of a night-start game is that you have something to discuss from the get-go (nightkills), so for him to analyze the kill is not inherently anti-town. His subsequent defense sounded pretty sound and reasonable to me. The one thing that bothers me about him is that he's done nothing little more than defend himself. Who are you suspicious of, Kwanton? Why aren't you voting anyone?
Well this is mostly because of the people relentlessly accusing me. i actually did say that I suspected those who made the same points over and over against me. here is the quote:
kwanton wrote:Regardless, if you guys want to think I'm scummy go ahead. but you're really nit-picking on something minor. yea i did think that there was a vig. I EXPLAINED MY REASONS MULTIPLE TIMES. I love how you people who are calling me scummy are just quoting the fact that I chastised the supposed vig and leaving out my legitimate reasoning behind it. For the sake of moving this game along, I think that getting a deathlock on something that minor is more scummy than what I did.
So basically Jex. The others who accused me haven't done it as vehemently and it's good to accuse people to get something going, but Jex went completely OD on such a minor thing and held onto it like a winning lottery ticket. This is far from OMGUS, I'm actually holding back my vote cuz I'm the one he's accusing, but if he did this to anyone else I'd vote so fast........[/quote]
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:07 am

Post by Qman »

CrashTextDummie wrote:
Qman
- No post for over a month. Why?
I had asked for replacement the day after GL last post on the boards, i was neck deep in time constraints. SO I didn't even check the thread until I got a PM from the new mod.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Jex »

I've said before why I hung onto the Kwanton thing. No one was talking in this game, it had completely died. I had nothing much to go on, so I wanted to see how people reacted to a few different posts. Therefore I overly accused Kwanton. However, the plan didn't really help get anyone talking. It merely just made people say hmm and join a bandwagon.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Trying to stimulate a game should never get someone lynched.

Similarly, Kwanton's assumption that the kill wasn't an SK but was rather a vig could be from a variety of things, some town, some not. It's not like he said "good work doctor on protecting Jex!" or something along those lines (I used Jex's name because she's the last one to post before me)
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:22 pm

Deadline is tomarrow.

-Doc "I like my vote where it is for now" Blackstrike

Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:40 pm

Post by Jex »

Well...deadline is tomorrow and my internet dies tonight. There isn't a ton to go off of so far. I really don't know who to vote for at this point, and I don't like the idea of having no control over my vote close to the deadline. Therefore, I am choosing not to vote at this point, and apologize for not really being able to help.

On a similar note, I have extremely limited access to the internet over this next week but will try to participate as much as I can.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Kwanton - if you are lynched tomorrow, you might as well claim now. It might help save your life, if you are town, or it may not. The only other wagon right now is Dr Blackstrike, and he seems to be pretty enthused about the game.
Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:06 pm

Post by Kwanton »

A claim will save my life if you guys believe me. And the nature of it will probably deter people from wanting to NK me too so I have no problem with a claim, but I don't want to unless I need to since I am against claims for no reason.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:48 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Eh, I'm going to be nice and give you a bit of a deadline extension. The new deadline is
September 18th, 21:00 GMT+1
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:11 am

Kwanton wrote:A claim will save my life if you guys believe me. And the nature of it will probably deter people from wanting to NK me too so I have no problem with a claim, but I don't want to unless I need to since I am against claims for no reason.
"No reason?" It would save you from lynch.

-Doc "I'd say more but there's not more to say" Blackstrike

Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:50 pm

Post by Kwanton »

"save me from a lynch"?

How many votes are on me right now? I think I'm even close to a lynch.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Zindaras »

Vote Count

Kwanton (2)- Dr. Blackstrike, Skruffs
Dr. Blackstrike (2)- Somada, CrashTextDummie
Nanosauromo (1)- Qman
Qman (1)- Nanosauromo

Not voting (4)- Bob700, MissMoo, Kwanton, Jex

Under the current deadline rules, there's a 50/50 lynch chance between Kwanton and Dr. Blackstrike.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:06 am

Post by Kwanton »

Zindaras wrote:Under the current deadline rules, there's a 50/50 lynch chance between Kwanton and Dr. Blackstrike.
vote Dr.Blackstrike
then. Jex looked more scummy to me but Dr. black was second. And this is really the only option that will make a difference.
Bob700
Bob700
Townie
Bob700
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Bob700 »

I really don't know who to vote for... If anyone. To me, I don't see too much to justify a vote.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”