Mini 479: Care Bears Mafia - Abandoned in Every Way.

GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 479: Care Bears Mafia - Abandoned in Every Way.

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:36 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

The land of Care-a-lot, found high in the clouds, used to be a refuge for all things loving and caring. The keepers of this land were the Care Bears, who tried to spread their love and joy all around the world. Unfortunately for them, not all of the bears stayed caring for long. Some tired of the annoying cuteness of everything around them and wanted something much more befitting of a carnivoral mammal. So they made a pact and formed a group that was to be deemed the Mafia. They demanded their own part of the Care-a-lot Castle, and the other bears failed to realize that their intention was not merely to gain a room or two in the castle.

One day, the bears were eating in a mess hall and they noticed Daydream Bear staring out into space. This was nothing unusual; after all, he was the bear of daydreaming. But unlike before, they couldn’t snap him out of it. When they finally went over to see what the matter was, they were horrified to see a small, rainbow-shaped dagger sticking out of the back of his neck. There was a strange marking carved into his back leaving a trail of blood. The Care Bears, from that point on, considered it the mark of the Mafia.

That was when the situation went from bad to worse. Care-a-lot was always a sunny place, but the bears watched in horror as clouds shifted in front of the sun. The Care Bears had never needed lights or lamps since it was always sunny. But now, it was dark… so dark that they couldn’t identify each other. The Mafia took full advantage of this by disguising their voices, and the Care Bears were faced with mass confusion.

The 12 remaining Care Bears, having gathered around their heart-shaped meeting table, resolved to remove the Mafia from Care-a-lot, once and for all.

The Master List

ALIVE (9)

1)
DeanWinchester Skruffs
Mexal
2)
Dr. Blackstrike
Sarcastro
3)
Qman
Pianogwen81
4) Nanosauromo
6)
Somada
Haschel Cedricson
7)
camisade
CrashTextDummie
8) Bob700
9) Kwanton
10) Jex

DECEASED (3)

12) shadowarmy75 (Love-a-lot Bear/
Town
) Slaughtered Night 1
11) Haut Boy (Funshine Bear/
Town
) Cloud Suffocated Night 1
5) MissMoo (True Heart Bear/
Serial Killer
) Lynched Day 1

Possible replacements: Holy
Last edited by GreenLiquid on Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:13 am, edited 8 times in total.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:36 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

TECHNICAL RULES

1- In order for a lynch to occur, a majority vote, rounding up, must be made against a particular lynch candidate. The second that majority is reached, that person is considered dead and may say nothing more game related. ‘No lynch’ is allowed in this game.
2- Twilight is officially defined as the time after a majority has been reached but before the lynch scene has been posted. This isn’t the Webster’s definition, it’s my definition. But of course my definition is oh so more important.
3- If your role says you can talk with other people, you can, but only with whom it says and only when it says. If the role does not say you can talk with other people, all communication about this game MUST stay in this thread until the game is over. You also may not post any out of thread game-related conversation verbatim.
4- As soon as you are dead (reached majority vote or killed in a night scene or day-kill scene), you are dead. You may post nothing game related (not even a suspicion) beyond this point. You may make one ‘Bah’ post, but it should contain nothing that could potentially alter the outcome of the game.
5- Day deadlines may be imposed upon the town if day has lasted too long, players are inactive, or if the mod finds reason to do so. If a majority is not reached before the deadline hits, the person with the most votes is lynched (in case of tie, one of the tied chosen at random).
6- Night deadlines are always imposed. You have until this deadline to get in your night choice, if you have one. If you need night to be extended for whatever reason, PM me and I’ll see what I can do.
7- Important: The mod reserves the right to modify these rules or your role at any time without advance warning. This particularly applies if you attempt to find a loophole in your role or post restriction. So don’t try to do that.

MOD RULES

1- Bold your votes, bold your unvotes. You do want them to be counted, right? In addition, unvote before revoting. It’ll make my life (and yours) much easier.
2-
NEVER
ever quote your role, or any part of any PM I send you. Period. You may paraphrase these PMs unless I tell you not to. Failure to heed this rule will result in a modkill. If you are not sure if your claim counts as quoting or not, by all means ask!
3- If, during any night, you do not wish to make a night choice, please inform me of this. It’ll make night go faster, so you can all get back to your little wild goose chase funhouse.
4- If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time (72 hours or more), I’d appreciate it if you’d post a notice in the thread. You could post a notice in V/LA, but there’s a chance that I might not notice it and end up replacing you for inactivity or something. Yeah, I’m not omniscient, ok?
5- If you are not actually going to be gone, try to post often. Every day would be ideal, but this is probably not possible for many of you, so just try to do so whenever you have spare time and access to mafiascum. Oversleeping townies are a real pain in the rear, y’know?
6- And of course, please be nice to everyone. That includes me. I may be the mod, but I’m a person too. Of course, a few cuss words here and there are nothing, as long as we’re not directly insulting people with them. That wouldn’t be very nice, would it?
7- Don’t edit your posts. No, don’t even think about it. YOU HEARD ME! Just because that ‘edit’ button is crying out to you after you just noticed a glaring Freudian Slip in your post does not mean you should listen to Mr. Edit Button and give him a click. NO!
8- Have you ever heard of people talking invisibly? Does that even make sense? Didn’t think so. That means that invisible, super-tiny, and screwy-character text is not allowed.
9- THE MOD IS YOUR SUPREME DESPOT LEADER! OBEY HIM! The mod may have specific instructions based on certain game mechanics and things like that. Although you may not understand their function, they are there for a reason, so obey them. In addition, there are some rules that I cannot actually directly enforce, so I’ll have to use the honors system. Just obey the rules, and we’ll all get along, and I won’t have to strike anyone down. Ok? Ok.
10- And of course, the exceptions rule. There’s an exception to every rule, and these rules are included. Based on certain game mechanics and whatnot, there is a chance that there may be exceptions, additions, or exemptions to these rules. If something I say in thread or by PM conflicts with these rules, whatever I said will most likely be correct. These rules were designed to be uniform to most games I run and as such may not accurately represent all role mechanics, so read what I have to say in thread and in your role PM carefully. Your diligence will be rewarded.
11- HAVE FUN!! This rule is perhaps the most important. Well, scratch that, number 9 is. Yeah.
12- In the game you are expected to play to further the ends of your win condition. You may
not
perform any actions that harm your chances of winning and/or compromise the integrity of the game.

SPECIAL CARE BEAR RULES

1- Welcome to Care-a-lot! There are a few changes to the usual way things go in order to create a unique Care Bears themed Mafia experience.
2- A lot of powers in this game (called Care Bear Powers) have delayed activation. You will be told in your Role PM what powers you have and when they activate. You don’t know what the powers do and can’t use them until they activate. You’ll get the power description at the start of its activation night. You may use a power on the night it is activated unless its description says otherwise. You may use more than one of your powers on a given night unless their descriptions say otherwise.
3- Here’s a ‘sample’ PM, yours may differ:
UBER Bear

You are UBER Bear. ZOMG Mafia are attacking, better use your uber-ness to get rid of them pronto!

You have a special Care Bear power which will activate
Night 1337
. You presently have the
PWNAGE
Care Bear Power! You may use it once per night to PWN the player of your choice. You win with the town.
4- Here’s a ‘sample’ Power activation PM, yours may differ:
Care Bear Power: L33T H4X0R

It’s Night 1337, and your UBER Care Bear Power has activated! Your power is
L33T H4X0R
. One night of the game, you may use this power to OMG HAX the game, learning everybody’s roles!
5- In this game, the only thing that will be revealed upon a player’s death is their flavor name (that is, what bear they were) and their alignment. You will not learn their ‘role.’
6- The win condition of all pro-town roles is 'you win with the town.' The town wins when all anti-town factions have been eliminated and at least one person with the above win condition remains.
Last edited by GreenLiquid on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:36 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

RESOURCES

Probably your best resource is the official Care Bears site. In particular, you may find the 'About the Bears' subsection useful, as it contains information about them as well as pictures. Also good is the Wikipedia Page on Care Bears (look for the links to 'List of Care Bears' and 'List of Care Bear Cousins' at the top of the Main Characters subsection).
Last edited by GreenLiquid on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:36 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Role PM's will be going out shortly. Go ahead and send a confirmation PM when you recieve yours.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:10 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

All roles are out! I am setting a deadline for confirms for July 26th. You may also send night choices with your confirm as if it were Night 1 already.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

The Care Bears, gathering around their heart-shaped table, begin to feel sleepy. They realize full well what they will have to do, but they do not have the strength to do it now. Half weary and half afraid, each bear departs to his or her room. As the doors shut and the snores begin, however, there is movement in the halls...

It's officially
NIGHT 1
! Please get your choices to me by July 26th at 5:00 PM (EST).
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:11 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Across the hall, eyes opened and the residents of Care-a-lot began to leave their beds. The sky was still as dask as it was yesterday, and the Care Bears missed the beams of light that shone through their windows each day. Exiting their rooms, they each made their way to their heart-shaped table where they had planned to collaborate to destroy the mafia. In the center of the table was something horrible.

shadowarmy75
's flaming remains were lighting up the meeting room. Strips of flesh were hanging off and blood was everywhere. The Care Bears recognized the symbol of the Mafia in his back. You identify this poor soul as
Love-a-lot Bear
, who was on the Town's side.

It seemed the sadness for this morning had ended, but yet
Haut Boy
was not present at the meeting. Everyone made their way to his room. There was a big puff of fluffy material in the room the was the cloud-like material on which the Castle rested. Coming closer, they realized the material was shoved down
Funshine Bear
's throat and into his nostrils. He too was on the Town's side.

With only 10 left, and at least one scum of them, the town returned to the Hall of the Heart and began arguing over who should pay for these crimes.

shadowarmy75 (Love-a-lot Bear/
Town
) Slaughtered Night 1
Haut Boy (Funshine Bear/
Town
) Cloud Suffocated Night 1

It is now Day 1. With 10 Care Bears alive, it will take 6 votes to lynch someone. Have fun and good luck!
Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Kwanton »

Wow. Jeez I was waiting for this to start. I so wanted to say this since I read the first post:

"carnivoral mammal." Bears are omnivores I think.

Ok now I got that off my chest.

2 NK's are bad with this amount of people. Cloud suffocation does not seem like a scummy way to kill someone so I assume it was a vigilante. If that is the case then
fos vigilante
for killing night 1 without any leads.
Somada
Somada
Townie
Somada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:18 am

Post by Somada »

I agree with Kwanton. Bad vigilante, bad! And to start random(ish) vote time...

Vote: Nanosauromo

Because that sounds like some kind of dinosaur, and we have enough carnivores/omnivores at this table.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:38 am

Post by Jex »

Sad day! Love-a-Lot was always my favorite carebear!

random vote camisade
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:42 am

Post by Dr. Blackstrike »

Hm... funshine and love-a-lot bears. Townies or power roles?

Are we sure it was a vig and not an SK?

Vote: jex
because his post is above mine.
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.

[size=75] Last edited by Dr. Blackstrike on Sat Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 times in total [/size]
Somada
Somada
Townie
Somada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:46 am

Post by Somada »

I'm thinking that cloud suffocation sounds more like a vig murder tactic. I'd imagine something more violent for an SK. Of course, if anyone saw that one episode where Serial Killer Bear went around assassinating its victims with clouds, feel free to correct me. (Seriously, were there any "evil" bears in the Care Bear bunch?)
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Dr. Blackstrike »

If we have a vig, prehaps we should direct him who to kill, later in the day?
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.

[size=75] Last edited by Dr. Blackstrike on Sat Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 times in total [/size]
Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Kwanton »

No dr. blackstrike. It's bad for us to direct power roles to do anything. If we do that then it will be possible for scum to manipulate them to do what they want. It's better to leave it up to each power role's best judgement and hope they don't do anything stupid.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:11 am

Post by Nanosauromo »

Somada wrote:(Seriously, were there any "evil" bears in the Care Bear bunch?)
Maybe the mafia are the Care Bear Cousins.

Anyway,
Random Vote: Qman
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
Bob700
Bob700
Townie
Bob700
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:53 am

Post by Bob700 »

Wow, Care Bears dying is so sad. :(
Anyway,
Random Vote: Dr. Blackstrike
Because everyone knows... Internet. Serious Business.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Jex »

There are bad guys in the shows.
Care Bear Wiki wrote:Throughout movies and series, various villains have tried to stop the Bears and Cousins on their missions. On the first two specials and DiC television series, they battled against Professor Coldheart; in Nelvana's version, they faced Wizard No Heart, his apprentice Beastly and his niece Shreeky. In the movies, they went up against Nicholas and the Evil Spirit (The Care Bears Movie), Dark Heart (Care Bears Movie II), and The Wizard, Dim, and Dumb (Adventure in Wonderland). More recently, the Bears' adversaries have included the Rat King in Care Bears Nutcracker Suite, and Sir Funnybone the rat in Journey to Joke-a-lot.
As for the vig vs. SK theory. I would hope that a vig wouldn't put out an NK before the town has talked at all. Unless of course they have to kill every night.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
shadowarmy75
shadowarmy75
Townie
shadowarmy75
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:57 am

Post by shadowarmy75 »

Why do people like killing me on night 0?
[url=http://[POSSIBLEtinyurlSPAM].com/37ljao]don't click this link...[/url]
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:02 pm

Post by Qman »

OMGUS VOTE Nanosaur!

Poor care bears.

*sobs*
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

I'm thinking its an sk. Judging by how abillities seem to only be usable/activate on certain nights i think its unlikely we have a compelled vig.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:55 pm

Post by Jex »

DeanWinchester wrote:I'm thinking its an sk. Judging by how abillities seem to only be usable/activate on certain nights i think its unlikely we have a compelled vig.
I concur.
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:17 pm

Post by camisade »

Somada wrote:(Seriously, were there any "evil" bears in the Care Bear bunch?)
Grumpy Bear was just really grumpy and not really evil.

Random vote: DeanWinchester
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:20 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

I think it is now time for...

VOTE COUNT

Nanosauromo (2)- Somada, Qman
camisade (1)- Jex
DeanWinchester (1)- camisade
Dr. Blackstrike (1)- Bob700
Jex (1)- Dr. Blackstrike
Qman (1)- Nanosauromo
Haut Boy
Haut Boy
Goon
Haut Boy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:19 am

Post by Haut Boy »

Oh, pooh. Go town~♥

(Damn, my first time being NKed...xd)
I'm less likely to check MS on weekends than on weekdays. If I've disappeared on a weekend, it's normal.

Limited access for a week or so. I can read and post, but don't expect a lot.
Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:24 am

Post by Kwanton »

DeanWinchester wrote:I'm thinking its an sk. Judging by how abillities seem to only be usable/activate on certain nights i think its unlikely we have a compelled vig.
Is it more likely to have an activated SK? I've never played in a delayed role action game before so I don't know. But I'm going based on my knowledge of normal roles and the number of people playing. With 12 people to start, and the fact this game started with night makes me thing there would be only one anti-town killing faction i.e. mafia. An SK also would make the game unbalanced IMO.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”