Mini 1732 - Super Smash Bros. Project M(afia) - D7!

smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:34 am

Post by smiffle »

Catching up and stuff.

Lickety made a pretty good point about roles that can evade death in 1367, and despite him supporting his argument with role specific info that only he knows, I don't see a reason to really dispute his claim. It seems fair to assume that's his actual ability, since I vaguely remember him saying he didn't want to claim an ability that would be helpful to town in MY/LYLO.

After Dav dances around with him telling us his number of commutes istead of just giving a straight answer like I asked for, he tries to defend himself with saying: "guys, I can help catch scuuummmmm."
In post 1373, Davsto wrote:If you people are gonna get distracted by me again rather than finding actual scum I'm just gonna commute again, you realise that? The longer I stay in the game, the longer I can help find scum, and if that requires day-commuting then I'm sorry but it'll just have to do.

This might be a valid defense if he actually did
any
scumhunting whatsoever. After he and licketey throw a couple jabs at eachother over the subject, he ends up saying this:
In post 1388, Davsto wrote:Well if you're basically gonna argue that I should be lynched because I'm not super-crazy-awesome pushing every scum then I'm just gonna facepalm really.

It's quite interesting to see the people who keep pushing for and voting me even though they know it's impossible to actually lynch me. Gives quite an interesting insight. Pushing me even though I'm impossible to lynch is a great way to look like you're doing something while in reality nothing you do will forward the gamestate. All it'll do is waste my commute shots.

He wasn't taunting you because you haven't been amazing at catching scum, he was taunting you because you haven't even tried catching scum. What we'll really plan on doing tomorrow is getting the collective town together at a designated time and vote in rapid succession so "pushing" you won't be an issue. We wouldn't be wasting your commutes because a) GL brought up a fantastic counter-point to the actual usefulness of your role to town, i.e. day commutes don't do shit for town, and b) you're scum, so it wouldn't be much of a waste and more of "lets make sure he never does this again" type-thing.

Day continues, yadda yadda yadda, Dav tries to deflect something by blaming it on the mod, more banter, Dav gets salty from GL putting him at L-1, he commutes, and now we're here.
Dav obviously has more than one commute, but the only real question that matters now, regarding his role, is if he has a third. If we coordinate our votes tomorrow and nab him before he commutes, then it should be a sure way to lynch him.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:58 am

Post by smiffle »

Man, I hate being late to the party. Dav sat at L-1 for the longest time until Ika unvoted him, but either nobody had the cajones to hammer, or nobody was even around to do the deed.

In the words of the late great Dav:
In post 1407, Davsto wrote:No, fuck that shit.

nah, i kid.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 1420, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Id doesn't work that way Ika. Dav returns as soon as a lynch takes place. It is a different role altogether. Though the roles are similar enough there are enough key differences in the way they behave to have them not be enough to actually draw a conclusion from any other game.

You sure about that? I'm pretty sure Dav said that he gets commuted during the night too.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 1313, Davsto wrote:Basically I have a day commute. I didn't want to be a distraction, so what I did was ~~disappear~~ during the day so I could sit back and scumhunt without having to get super interactive.. I have some notes on my laptop (which I'll shove on when I have the opportunity) which I made during the day.

I was also told that I would be commuted at night too. Considering I was affected by something, I assume that's a lie.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by smiffle »

In post 1394, Gendaberry wrote:
In post 1364, smiffle wrote:What provoked you to RB LQ last night? Was it his lack of posting/explantation yesterday, or something else?
Why would you roleblock someone who was attempting to lynch the same person who you had planned to push?

I was scumreading LQ pretty hard beforehand. From the way LQ talked about his role, I assumed that if he was town then blowing a roleblock on him wouldn't hurt us much. If he was telling the truth, it didn't seem like he had any extremely helpful night actions that I could fuck up by roleblocking him. With his recent claim, it looks like I was right on that end.

I'm sorry for backpedaling, but what was the reason, or set of reasons you were scum reading LQ for earlier? I can't remember any specific push you made on him atm. inb4 I should close read the earlier part of the game again.

Also Genda, who do you think Dav's scumbuddy is?
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Post by All Alone »

:neutral:

In post 1291, smiffle wrote:Soooo... Dav can commute, and everyone on the FB wagon currently is a town read. There will be numerous questions for Dav when he comes back.

How did you work out that Dav's disappearance was due to a day-commute on D3? He hadn't returned yet, and he didn't claim that ability until D4. There were other plausible explanations for him disappearing (with all the heat on him, I'd just assumed someone had dayvigged him) and day-commuter isn't exactly a common role, so I'm really curious how you knew his role.
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:49 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1427, Gendaberry wrote:
In post 1420, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Id doesn't work that way Ika. Dav returns as soon as a lynch takes place. It is a different role altogether. Though the roles are similar enough there are enough key differences in the way they behave to have them not be enough to actually draw a conclusion from any other game.

You sure about that? I'm pretty sure Dav said that he gets commuted during the night too.

Take a look at the last time Dav commuted and came back and you will see that is not the case.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:19 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In a similar vein to what All Alone just pointed out:

In post 1331, smiffle wrote:lol at everyone voting Dav. You guys do realize the dude can just commute if things get too hot to handle? Then he wouldn't be here to answer our questions.

implies knowledge that Dav has multiple commutes before this was ever explicitly stated in the thread.

I have a few other things that I want to point out in smiffles ISO that makes me believe they could be partners, but I've been lazy and had another game at deadline yesterday so I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll try to do it today on my lunch break or tonight. The only reason I'm uncomfortable with this line of thinking is because it's based on a scum!Davsto assumption, and the more assumptions you build into a case then the less likely it is to be true.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Alright here are things in smiffle's ISO that I don't like, if we are to assume scum!Davsto:

in , Lickety's townread on Dav is "jank" because "Dav's meh"
in , smiffle says Dav is his second scumread after LQ
but, one RL day later,
in my vote on Davsto is poor and he really digs into me, says he wishes he could be voting me alongside Lickety.

all because I sheeped a mutual townread (All Alone) onto someone he was supposedly scumreading.

now in , Dav seems more townish to smiffle as soon as a legitimate wagon has formed on him.

and is more soft distancing on Davsto, possibly even coaching "why is he explaining himself?, what reason does he have to be weird?"
and then is literally "here's this kinda scummy thing Dav is doing [being passive], but lots of people are doing it". Like what's the point of that comment other than to soften people's reasons for scumreading Dav?

and is just asking Davsto for reads on random players, Firebringer is an especially safe one because he had just entered and hadn't really drawn a lot of attention yet, at all

- "Dav feels like a strong lynch for today" *doesn't vote Dav*

- "you can bet your biscuits I'm going to push him hard tomorrow" [on Dav]
but then:
- accepts everything Dav says, votes Dav's scumread Nana.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by ika »

Can ppl vote so I can hammer
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:25 pm

I want to try something. Crazy theory.

VOTE: Dav

ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by ika »

It's not crazy
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:54 pm

@MOD,

VC please.

smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by smiffle »

In post 1430, All Alone wrote::neutral:

In post 1291, smiffle wrote:Soooo... Dav can commute, and everyone on the FB wagon currently is a town read. There will be numerous questions for Dav when he comes back.

How did you work out that Dav's disappearance was due to a day-commute on D3? He hadn't returned yet, and he didn't claim that ability until D4. There were other plausible explanations for him disappearing (with all the heat on him, I'd just assumed someone had dayvigged him) and day-commuter isn't exactly a common role, so I'm really curious how you knew his role.

Dav commuting was kinda obvious at the time, or at least, that was the only explanation I saw to him completely dropping out of the game.
It was a bit of an assumption, but it's similar to how I've been assuming you're a roleblocker ever since tails flipped. If someone had dayvigged him, we would've seen a flip, and I don't know about you, but commuter is very common to me.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:37 pm

Post by smiffle »

In post 1432, GuiltyLion wrote:In a similar vein to what All Alone just pointed out:

In post 1331, smiffle wrote:lol at everyone voting Dav. You guys do realize the dude can just commute if things get too hot to handle? Then he wouldn't be here to answer our questions.

implies knowledge that Dav has multiple commutes before this was ever explicitly stated in the thread.

I have a few other things that I want to point out in smiffles ISO that makes me believe they could be partners, but I've been lazy and had another game at deadline yesterday so I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll try to do it today on my lunch break or tonight. The only reason I'm uncomfortable with this line of thinking is because it's based on a scum!Davsto assumption, and the more assumptions you build into a case then the less likely it is to be true.

Funny how you mention assumptions. I realized later that I was basically being a dumbass by assuming he had more than one commute. That's why I made it a point to push for him just straight up telling us earlier today. Which he didn't do.
(but also secretly, I didn't want another quicklynch because I actually wanted him to answer my questions which he barely did.)
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 1435, LicketyQuickety wrote:
VOTE: Dav

Who is dav? We have no such player in this game.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by smiffle »

In post 1433, GuiltyLion wrote:Alright here are things in smiffle's ISO that I don't like, if we are to assume scum!Davsto:

in , Lickety's townread on Dav is "jank" because "Dav's meh"
in , smiffle says Dav is his second scumread after LQ
but, one RL day later,
in my vote on Davsto is poor and he really digs into me, says he wishes he could be voting me alongside Lickety.

all because I sheeped a mutual townread (All Alone) onto someone he was supposedly scumreading.

now in , Dav seems more townish to smiffle as soon as a legitimate wagon has formed on him.

and is more soft distancing on Davsto, possibly even coaching "why is he explaining himself?, what reason does he have to be weird?"
and then is literally "here's this kinda scummy thing Dav is doing [being passive], but lots of people are doing it". Like what's the point of that comment other than to soften people's reasons for scumreading Dav?

and is just asking Davsto for reads on random players, Firebringer is an especially safe one because he had just entered and hadn't really drawn a lot of attention yet, at all

- "Dav feels like a strong lynch for today" *doesn't vote Dav*

- "you can bet your biscuits I'm going to push him hard tomorrow" [on Dav]
but then:
- accepts everything Dav says, votes Dav's scumread Nana.

I'm not about to dissect this post and defend everything individually, but I will say this: my read on dav really vacillated a ton during the entire course of the game thus far. At multiple points in the game, I found myself questioning my read on him, a) because he seemed to be playing really really poorly, and b) because a fair amount of the stuff people pushed him with didn't really stand out to me as him being genuinely scummy, in fact, most of Dav's posts had me doing facepalms. I asked him for reads so I could get a better read on him, though they didn't help too much. I was also surprised firebringer entered the game and immediately did nothing, actually, surprised is probably the wrong word. I wanted to solidify either a town or scum read on him with something he actually said, but he just kept dropping in to defend himself from bogus with bogus and then leaving immediately after.
Now that Dav is acting legitimately scummy for multiple reasons that have played out toDay, I'm throwing in the towel on his case and saying we lynch him first thing tomorrow.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Can we talk about a town block? I should be on it. Ika can join me.

smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by smiffle »

Do you mean town block as in we place all our votes on the exact same person? What exactly did you have in mind?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:50 pm

In post 1443, smiffle wrote:Do you mean town block as in we place all our votes on the exact same person? What exactly did you have in mind?

No, I'm saying I am pretty much being universally town read so if we can find another (not feeling the ika one as much after ISOing MS and Ika) we have a town block that everyone can sheep. I might suggest GL, but some people can't see that he is Town af.

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:51 am

Post by vonflare »

prodding genda and all alone
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:24 am

Post by ika »

in b4 prod
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:04 pm

Post by All Alone »

in after prod
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

You're being universally Town read? Also, All Alone what are your thoughts on non Dav players?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:12 pm

In post 1448, Gendaberry wrote:You're being universally Town read? Also, All Alone what are your thoughts on non Dav players?

Everyone knows I am town whether they admit it or not.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”