California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:23 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Skruffs, stop trying to manufacture stuff against me.
Skruffs wrote:
VitaminR

If it wasn't baiting me, what was it?
Giving my opinion?
Skruffs wrote:Did you think LML's change of heart was genuine?
Yes, it seems genuine enough to me at the moment.
Skruffs wrote:Why have you been on LML's side the entire day? You've defended his actions constantly, but never once directed a question to him. How can you be so sure that he is town that you basically have no interest in talking to him?
I haven't agreed with everything he's done, but yeah, I think he's pro-town. The fact that I haven't directed a question at him means nothing. There are plenty of players I haven't asked anything. It just means I didn't particularly feel there were any explanations missing on his part.
Skruffs wrote:Also, you would still rather lynch a cop role than no lynch?
Fairly irrelevant, since it's not going to happen, but yes, I don't find BM's claim that convincing.
Skruffs wrote:Side note to future readers: VitaminR and Cubs playing similarly 'behind' other, more obvious players.
Right, because I've used LML's reasoning to back up every accusation I've made. Oh wait, I haven't done that once. Even you I went after for my own reasons.

BM, if you find my Skruffs vote difficult to understand, then indicate what part of my reasoning you disagree with. Similarly, if you find my Condorcet list "dumbfounding," ask me to explain.
Battle Mage wrote:Vitr-how do you suppose my comments are endorsing a wagon, when i have made it quite clear that LML is not the best lynch today. At this rate, you will accuse anyone who points out scumtells, but doesnt immediately hop on a BW, to be scummy, which is completely ridiculous.
You're exaggerating my point here. You brought something to attention that pushed the wagon forward. At the same time, you didn't want LML lynched. Seems like you're avoiding responsibility to me. That doesn't make it an absolute.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:45 pm

Post by Mgm »

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I haven't been able to google it very well.
What are Dantès?
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:47 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 13.5 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
11 to lynch.

LoudmouthLee: 8 (Cubsfan4ever, Battle Mage/jeep, Dani Banani/Mastermind of Sin, IH/Oman, Mgm, Skruffs, Thesp, xyzzy)
Cubsfan4ever: 3 (foolinc, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha)
Skruffs: 2 (Dragon Phoenix, VitaminR)
Adele: 1 (Gaspar/PlaysWithSquirrels)
Dragon Phoenix: 1 (Adele)
foolinc: 1 (Tamuz/Thestatusquo)
Battle Mage/jeep: 1 (LoudmouthLee)
IH/Oman: 1 (logicticus)
xyzzy: 1 (Zindaras)

Current Condorcet Winner:
LoudmouthLee

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.

Important Note:
When compiling Condorcet lists, I am treating unvotes as a complete reset of the list. If you wish to retain the same (or similar) list when unvoting or changing your vote, please post another copy of the list.

Please double-check your lists for errors, particularly regarding replacements. If a player occurs more than once on a list, only the first listing is accepted. If a player does not occur on a list, that player is put at the end of the list.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:02 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

A very silly question indeed MgM.

Dantes is the 8th incarnation of Sylios, the first playwright in the modern sense who wrote some of the best comedies of the Hellenic Era(It did help that he was one of the few playwrights who wrote in the genre, most of the rest of them were too busy documenting the wrongdoings of various gods and warlords).

Mith is the current incarnation and shown considerable break from his predecessors by choosing to take the path of a Homo Mathematicus, possibly due to a series of romantic trysts punctuated by high wire governmental espionage for the Russians and the Dutch against the English or vice versa. He was on a shoot on sight list for MI-5 which swept most of the region while placing all paths out of the country on high alert. He famously managed to avoid the dragnet by pretending to be a grad student at Brighton and subsequently infiltrated MI-5 headquarters by seducing the young daughter of the Head of British Intelligence.

After he planted some false evidence that exonerated his name while damnig some other unfortunate characters, MI-5 came under heavy government scrutiny and soon his name was cleared.

My apologies Skruffs, I do believe that I did already answer and address your question.

If you would be so kind as to point out which ones I did not, I'd be happy to answer you.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:05 pm

Post by Mgm »

Funny how all that didn't turn up on Google...
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:02 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Well, since I cannot get blood from a stone:

Name: Mercédès

Role Type: Searching Townie

If you read the damn book, you'll be able to guess who I am searching for. Now, unvote me before you mislynch me.

If you know who you are, then shush your mouth. No reason for two power roles to die tonight.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:18 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Vote: MGM, Cubsfan, Zindaras, Skruffs, Adele, Xyzzy, Thesp, [foolinc, pooky, tally, Tamuz, IH, Logictius, Dani Banani ], [DP, Gaspar, VitR], CES, BattleMage / Jeep
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:18 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Unvote

Vote: MGM
, Cubsfan, Zindaras, Skruffs, Adele, Xyzzy, Thesp, [foolinc, pooky, tally, Tamuz, IH, Logictius, Dani Banani ], [DP, Gaspar, VitR], CES, BattleMage / Jeep
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:30 am

Post by Thesp »

I just have a fleeting moment right now - I'm going to try and take some time out from lunch to post, or I'll get in right at the deadline. I'm going to unvote, as I see a claim here that appears to be significant, and I need a quick re-read from my last post to do this right. I'll get it in before the deadline, which is 6pm Central US, right?

Unvote
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:07 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I also have a meta-read on IH as scum as well. Truth be told.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:16 am

Post by Zindaras »

I tend to think Lee's claim is a lot stronger than BM's. It's not a fairly powerful role, but Mercédès is a reasonably likely role and I can see a link between flavour and role.

I think I'm running out of suspects. I'll have to take a look at some other people as well.

We need to lynch xyzzy, people. Seriously. We do.
I'd also like more people to provide input on xyzzy.
Vote: xyzzy
, [Skruffs, foolinc], [Adele, Cogito Ergo Sum, Cubsfan4ever, logicticus, Dani Banani, IH, Gaspar, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha, Thesp, Tamuz], [VitaminR, Dragon Phoenix, Mgm], Battle Mage, LoudmouthLee, No Lynch, Zindaras
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:27 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 8 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
11 to lynch.

LoudmouthLee: 7 (Cubsfan4ever, Battle Mage/jeep, Dani Banani/Mastermind of Sin, IH/Oman, Mgm, Skruffs, xyzzy)
Cubsfan4ever: 3 (foolinc, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha)
Skruffs: 2 (Dragon Phoenix, VitaminR)
Adele: 1 (Gaspar/PlaysWithSquirrels)
Dragon Phoenix: 1 (Adele)
foolinc: 1 (Tamuz/Thestatusquo)
Mgm: 1 (LoudmouthLee)
IH/Oman: 1 (logicticus)
xyzzy: 1 (Zindaras)

Current Condorcet Winner:
None. Current Smith Set: Cubsfan4ever, LoudmouthLee

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.

Important Note:
When compiling Condorcet lists, I am treating unvotes as a complete reset of the list. If you wish to retain the same (or similar) list when unvoting or changing your vote, please post another copy of the list.

Please double-check your lists for errors, particularly regarding replacements. If a player occurs more than once on a list, only the first listing is accepted. If a player does not occur on a list, that player is put at the end of the list.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:53 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Unvote

Vote: Cubsfan
, Xyzzy, MGM, Zindaras, Skruffs, Adele, Thesp, [foolinc, pooky, tally, Tamuz, IH, Logictius, Dani Banani ], [DP, Gaspar, VitR], CES, BattleMage / Jeep
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:09 am

Post by Gaspar »

Primate: Sorry about my non-participation. I've been leaning on Glork harder than I should be doing. This is my reread to page 10. I have 10-20 on another computer, so if I can get to the bank and back before the deadline hits (I'm not entirely sure when it hits), I'll be able to get that up too.
-Dislike the wave against Condorcet voting during the early stages. Don't care that it's pointless, so is normal random voting, and sticking an extra few second suspicions in there really doesn't actually matter very much at all unless specifically doing it in a scummy way. Unless I don't get something, I don't see why it's any more suspicious than a normal vote. The only way I can really see is if you're attempting to vote in a fashion that will push the lynch of an unexpected candidate at the last minute, and if we're anywhere near the end of the lynch period without our candidates being clear, if not agreed upon, then we deserve the punishment.

-Skruffs wagon was understandable in the sense that skruffs doesn't really make a lot a sense a lot of the time, so I don't think it's surprising there would be a wave against him. I haven't really seen anything particularly scummy from him yet, though I have trouble reading skruffs' posts without it becoming :words:.

-LML's 'bluster' is annoying. I gather it's not that scummy coming from him, but things like that point against mos because 'we dont know his random vote is really random' are just stupid. (also, dislike pooky's point against this. Divestment of responsibility may be a fair criticism if Mos didn't do it every single game ever. I personally reckon thats why he did it. Pervasive habit.)

-Not a fan of Logiticus' #105.

-Like DP's #115.

-VitR's #151 is a bit of a stretch.

-Like foolinc's #158. Disagree with a few of the views, but there's thoughts behind it. I dislike a couple of his townie slots and one of his scummy slots.

-Adele's 178 is pretty much 100% wrong, and despite being technically possible, happens pretty much precisely never.

- Pooky's #199 makes me realise that I still have no idea the difference between pooky being scummy and pooky just being pooky.

- ...Then in #200, LML goes and agrees with it.

Given the nature of the game and the situation here, I'll chisel out a condorcet with Glork first chance I get.
I don't really agree with Glork regarding much, but I feel like a dick moving his Condorcet this close to deadline, considering how much more involved he is than me, and we still haven't figured out a method to sort our votes. It's mostly a moot point anyway, considering I'm quite happy with a LML lynch, and that looks like what's happening here.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:10 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

For some reason Skruffs is not popular as a lynch candidate - beats me why, as I think he is scummy like hell. I will move on to the other major scum suspect in my books [Cubs] because I certainly do not want LML lynched after this very believable claim.

Unvote Skruffs

Vote Cubsfan4ever
, Skruffs [Dani Banani/Mastermind of Sin, Gaspar/PlaysWithSquirrels, Tamuz/Thestatusquo], [Mgm, IH/Oman, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha, xyzzy], [Adele, Cogito Ergo Sum, foolinc, logicticus, Thesp, VitaminR, Zindaras], LoudmouthLee, Battle Mage/jeep, Dragon Phoenix, No lynch.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:11 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I don't really agree with Glork regarding much, but I feel like a dick moving his Condorcet this close to deadline, considering how much more involved he is than me, and we still haven't figured out a method to sort our votes. It's mostly a moot point anyway, considering I'm quite happy with a LML lynch, and that looks like what's happening here.

have you READ my claim, Primate? Or are you just choosing to ignore it?
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:15 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Damn lazy player, Primate. READ MY ROLECLAIM.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:15 am

Post by Gaspar »

P: I missed the claim. ugh. It's annoying that we don't have a chance for people to possibly counterclaim, but claims like that are retarded in scums hands regardless. I don't think Cubs is that likely to be scum though.

@LML: I completely missed it.

Give me a sec to look at the lynchlist to see if there are other possibilities.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:20 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

P: I missed the claim. ugh. It's annoying that we don't have a chance for people to possibly counterclaim, but claims like that are retarded in scums hands regardless. I don't think Cubs is that likely to be scum though.

This seems incredibly scummy.

Why wouldn't there be a chance for people to counterclaim, if I were lying about my role (which i am not)? We're in D1, Primate. They can easily COUNTERCLAIM D2, right?

It seems obvious to me that you want there to still be a significant amount of heat on me in regards to my claim. Why is that?

Unvote
Vote: Cubsfan
, Gaspar, Xyzzy, MGM, Zindaras, Skruffs, Adele, Thesp, [foolinc, pooky, tally, Tamuz, IH, Logictius, Dani Banani ], [DP, VitR], CES, BattleMage / Jeep
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:21 am

Post by Zindaras »

Lee. Xyzzy. Now. Please.

Also, how did I suddenly drop 3 places on your list?
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:22 am

Post by Zindaras »

Gaspar wrote:P: I missed the claim. ugh. It's annoying that we don't have a chance for people to possibly counterclaim, but claims like that are retarded in scums hands regardless. I don't think Cubs is that likely to be scum though.

@LML: I completely missed it.

Give me a sec to look at the lynchlist to see if there are other possibilities.
Xyzzy.

Vote him. You know you want to.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:45 am

Post by foolinc »

With the recent claims, here is a new new list. All I did was move Battle mage and LML back in the order.

unvote; Vote:
Cubsfan4ever, Skruffs, Dani Banani, Battle Mage, [ Gaspar, LoudmouthLee, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha, Tamuz, xyzzy], [Adele, Cogito Ergo Sum, logicticus, Mgm, IH, Thesp, VitaminR, Zindaras], no lynch, foolinc
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:47 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I moved Xyzzy up on my list based on your hunch. Ever since that opening opst of yours, I have found you to be somewhat protown. My vote for Cubs is somewhat out of self preservation.

Zin, could you please outline your case on Xyzzy for me? This way, if I find it as plausable as you, I'll switch my vote.

As of right now, my vote for Cubs makes me the non-corndorcet winner. Which, of course, keep the town from lynching me. Once there are other unvotes (what are we all waiting for?), I'll quickly reread the thread and all of the outlined cases.

I find Gaspar to be moving up my scumlist pronto.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:48 am

Post by Gaspar »

This seems incredibly scummy.

Why wouldn't there be a chance for people to counterclaim, if I were lying about my role (which i am not)? We're in D1, Primate. They can easily COUNTERCLAIM D2, right?

It seems obvious to me that you want there to still be a significant amount of heat on me in regards to my claim. Why is that?
I rejected that idea because if I had to believe you as town, it means the near-inevitable lynch of someone I think is town, and I don't want that, it's especially jarring when up until this point I'd had you as one of main suspects as scum (mainly for doing absolutely ridiculous things like changing your vote in a huge way based on one post made by another guy whilst absolutely failing to take into account anything else the guy has ever done). Sorry. Factor it up to me taking too long to me finding the lesser of the two evils.

Anyway, I've got to go the bank now, if deadlines still up, I'll post the rest of my reread.

Unvote, Vote: Adele
, Mgm, CES, foolinc, Dragon Phoenix, [logicticus, Pooky, Talitha, Tamuz, Thesp, Xyzzy, Zindaras, VitaminR], [Cubsfan, Skruffs, IH, Dani Banani], Battle Mage, No Lynch, Gaspar
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:55 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

(For all intents and purposes, since we are truly dealing with two different players, I hereby request the following:

Gaspar: Please state at the beginning of each of your posts who it is we're talking to.

Players: If you are directing a question or comment at Gaspar, please state which head of the twoheaded monster you are asking.. for instance: Glorkspar or Primspar

@Primspar: What makes you think that Cubs is innocent? You seem to have a level of feeling on this that makes me uncomfortable.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”