Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:46 am

Post by Kop »

In post 151, Creative wrote:
Kop

1)"His" not "hers"

2)Wich reads are you refering to buddy? Besides me questioning other players, i haven´t taken a single stance on anyone's alignment yet.

3) Wich of the colliding trains i am trying to appease?

I'm referring to the reads that you posted. Nothing seems of substance to be honest. It just feels that it is there to appease people, that you are reading the game, and that you are here, active. I didn't state that you are trying to appease any trains, just appealing the audience that you are here.

In post 162, Skybird wrote:Kop, what are your thoughts on Dictator?

Honestly, I have a town feeling from him. His play so far does reek of overconfidence. Confrontational, argumentative, and not cautious. But I don't get any scum vibes.

What do you think of Dictator?
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:19 am

Post by Kop »

In post 138, pignash wrote:My son is starting to cry so I can't post a whole reads list but I fill pretty confident about my vote.

VOTE: Kim

What makes you confident in this vote? What made you do this vote?

You never really clarified this vote, or when you came on to say Hi to Molla, you never followed this one up.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:09 am

Post by Skybird »

Kop, as much as I would like to scum read Dictator, I have them as town.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:12 am

Post by Skybird »

Wanderer, you mentioned getting uneasy vibes from Kim, but you aren't voting him. Why not?
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:15 am

Post by Skybird »

Kop, you are voting Creative. Why? Going through your ISO I don't see any reasons for this vote.
pignash
pignash
Goon
pignash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:23 am

Post by pignash »

Sorry for my lack of effort on this game guys. IRL issues and I've been discouraged with my play on the site in general. (died a lot recently) Several people asked so here's what I don't like about Kim:

In post 34, Kim wrote:
In post 30, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 19, Benevolent Dictator wrote:
In post 17, Errantparabola wrote:VOTE: Dictator

TMWSTW, how come you like your vote and then you change it?
EP, how come you call someone out for something potentially alignment indicative then vote someone else?
Id be happy to wait for an answer first.
Nice playing with you fire, pignash, accountant, rc.

Psst! (Assuming you mean an answer from TMWSTW.)

In post 18, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:Liking my original vote was a joke, I was making fun of her self OMGUS claim.

Just a friendly pointer, since I'm well aware how much having to play by phone can suck.

Fluff, trying to look active.

In post 89, Kim wrote:
In post 83, Skybird wrote:P-edit - thanks Kim. Does anyone stand out to you so far?

Assuming you mean in a town/scum way, not really. I agree the most with Smudger. If my life depended on finding a townie right this instant, I'd probably guess Dictator. If I had to find scum? Uh....

P-edit: Maybe I'm reading too much into TheMan's quoting of in his , but I wouldn't consider his vote naked. It seems to me there's an implicit argument that Dictator's refusal to engage Creative is scummy. (I disagree with the argument.) I agree with EP with his assessment of his theoretical scumbuddies.

Defending Bowie here while still distancing. What is the point of saying "here's what he means" and "he's wrong" in the same post other than to ingratiate with both sides of an argument?

In post 112, Kim wrote:
In post 103, Skybird wrote:Why do you see Dictator as town? I'm leaning the other way on them.

Their pushing on teeny-tiny inconsistencies got us out of the RVS stage. I think that's a pro-town thing to do regardless of the alignment of their targets. That's why I said I'd "guess" Dictator is town -- I'm making no further assumptions on their alignment. fits their character and is probably null, but it still makes me :roll:.

More nothing stuff where he is saying Dictator is town, but he sucks guys amirite? Just seems like Kim is more concerned with being liked by everyone than scumhunting. I do agree Dictator is probtown, but that just means Kim is pointing out the slot that most people are townreading so it's not really a risk to also townread him.

In post 130, Kim wrote:
In post 127, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 112, Kim wrote:Their pushing on teeny-tiny inconsistencies got us out of the RVS stage. I think that's a pro-town thing to do
I refuse to believe this is alignment indicative. Scum can easily take us out of RVS.

I don't doubt that they can -- to misquote Tegan and Sara, "There's nothing scum can't do." However, I do maintain that what Dictator did was pro-town, irrespective of their alignment. It was something that they didn't have to do and hurt them (in a small way) if they were scum. At this time of the game, that's a little bit more persuasive of a tell for me than being exasperated when accused of scumminess or other town tells that don't directly help town.

Of course, I could be wrong about Dictator's alignment. I could also be wrong about how often scum pull town out of RVS. (My personal experience is 0/2, but I'm familiar with the concept of small sample sizes.)

While I'm here, I might as well undo my RVS vote:
UNVOTE: TheManWhoSoldTheWorld

He still had an RVS vote at this time, which is one of the main reasons I voted for him at this point. He also had no thoughts on how Bowie had been acting at the time he unvoted. Scummy.

In post 190, Kim wrote:I didn't want to interrupt Dictator and TMWSTW, but I need to go to bed now. I've got some notes on their discussion so far that I'll post before I go to work tomorrow.

Here's my current read list. I didn't have the time to cite everything tonight (why do I still watch my crappy local NFL team?), but I'll do that tomorrow after work.
Townier -- EP, Dictator, FRB, Smudger*, TMWSTW, Creative, Skybird, Kop -- Scummier

Separate list for the less active, since I'm not quite sure where I'd slot some of them in:
Townier -- Wanderer, euclid**, Sinsun, pignash -- Scummier

No vote yet -- Skybird, Kop, and pignash all have pending questions from others I'd like to see answered before I vote. I assume Sinsun will post more during that time as well.

This is just a prodge right? I mean pretty much everyone in this game has made excuses for activity (including me) but this makes me feel better about my vote. He doesn't want to interrupt, what does that even mean in a forum context? Still not using his vote and waiting to see where wagons build and (I'm assuming) hopping on when it's the most inconspicuous. Just not liked what I've seen from this slot.
Completed MS games (10-6):

Town: Blitz 2(+), Blitz 6(+), Blitz 8(+), Newbie 1660(-), NY 191 (+), Blitz 23 (-), Blitz 26 (+)
Scum: NY 190(+), Mini 1729(+), Mini 1735(+), Newbie 1665 (+), Open 615 (-), Blitz 16(-), Newbie 1671 (+), Blitz 19 (-), Newbie 1675 (-)
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:20 am

Post by TheManWhoSoldTheWorld »

@Skybird, I didn't ask you any questions, I just wanted to wait to see your response from Dictator's accusations.

@Erran, I forgot to ask when I originally responded, but can you point out where people town read Dictator to get rid of him? I remembered this question because I noticed it a lot in the last two pages, firstly I explained my town read and Dictator immediately unvoted, then Kop and Skybird had a exchange where they both didn't really say much but both agreed Dictator was town, and lastly Pignash called Kim scummy for pointlessly pointing out her thought read on Dictator when most people agree right before saying he also town reads Dictator.
"Kept you waiting, huh?"
For your typing convenience I respond to TMWSTW, The Man, Big Boss, and David Bowie.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:22 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 252, Skybird wrote:Kop, as much as I would like to scum read Dictator, I have them as town.

Why
Why is this happening
Why is everyone townreading Dictator for a playstyle that is null at best

In post 247, Skybird wrote:EP, so you thought my response was terrible. How about trying to talk to me and ask me something rather than just observing?

I will ask again, please re post any questions you want answered by me. Otherwise I will be answering them as I find them.

Sure. Do you have anything to say about 165 other than I'm town, I know I'm town, and your reads are shit?

I know I do.

I find it ridiculous that here

In post 165, Benevolent Dictator wrote:There's absolutely no force behind this.

Like, "be quiet", really? Not "shut up"? Not some variant of "fuck off"? That's absolutely bizarre and I'd expect if she had as much of an issue with my play as she's claiming to that she'd react a lot more viscerally.

Dictator is pretty much blatantly expecting everyone to act like they do.
Seriously?
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:32 am

Post by Skybird »

EP, I did respond to 165 in post . Dictator replied and continued to take my RVS vote seriously, applying scum logic to unvoting my RVS vote, blah, blah blah. That's post 227 if you want to read it.

I'm town reading them because I can't imagine scum coming in and being so blatantly annoying.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:06 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 249, Wanderer-nl wrote:@BBMolla: Why is Kop scum?

I don't know how to get into this. Someone ask me some questions, so I can evolve from there.

Calculated play

beep boop robot
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Kim
Kim
Goon
Kim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Kim »

(I replaced my posts that pignash referred to with links.)

In post 255, pignash wrote:Several people asked so here's what I don't like about Kim:

: Fluff, trying to look active.

I was just trying to keep the flow of the game going. Oftentimes, that's all I can do from work.

: Defending Bowie here while still distancing. What is the point of saying "here's what he means" and "he's wrong" in the same post other than to ingratiate with both sides of an argument?

Because I thought Dictator was town and TMWSTW was a town lean, so I didn't think they should be getting votes. (Technically, Dictator's vote was on EP at the time, but they still thought TMWSTW was scum.)

: More nothing stuff where he is saying Dictator is town, but he sucks guys amirite? Just seems like Kim is more concerned with being liked by everyone than scumhunting. I do agree Dictator is probtown, but that just means Kim is pointing out the slot that most people are townreading so it's not really a risk to also townread him.

I double-checked -- I'm pretty sure I was the first person to post a town read of Dictator. I'm fairly sure that's not particularly safe.

: He still had an RVS vote at this time, which is one of the main reasons I voted for him at this point. He also had no thoughts on how Bowie had been acting at the time he unvoted. Scummy.

Why should I explicitly give a reason to cancel an RVS vote? Only wanderer did so in this game, saying she was very fond of one of FRB's heads (which I'd take as NAI). (For what it's worth (which is nothing to me), FRB had an RVS vote out longer than I did.)

: This is just a prodge right? I mean pretty much everyone in this game has made excuses for activity (including me) but this makes me feel better about my vote. He doesn't want to interrupt, what does that even mean in a forum context? Still not using his vote and waiting to see where wagons build and (I'm assuming) hopping on when it's the most inconspicuous. Just not liked what I've seen from this slot.

That post was made about 32 hours after my previous post. If it were a prodge, I wouldn't have posted again 8 hours after that. "Not wanting to interrupt" means that I don't want people to unnecessarily go back and forth between lines of conversation. It just makes the game slightly easier to keep track of and slightly more fun.

As far as my play style goes, scumhunting is a weak point of mine. My thought processes and my temperament are both better suited for judging than prosecuting. I'm trying to improve it, but it's hard for me.

(P.S. The fuller version of my read list probably won't be coming out. If I wake up from the nap I'm about to take (I hope I'm not getting sick, but I'm losing my ability to focus mentally and I slept like 11 hours last night), I'll try to go into detail on what I think about the players that have a wider range of reads on them.)
Kim: wiki | 27-99-23
Kim
Kim
Goon
Kim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:01 pm

Post by Kim »

I'm not feeling molla's push on EP, nor Kop's on Creative. pignash's push on me is wrong, but seems null to me. Skybird's eventual defense is okay, although EP's missing it seems weird to me -- it's one thing to miss a one- or two-line reply, but her post was pretty darn long.

@Sinsun1: I checked your other two games here -- you were a
lot
more active, verbose, etc. in those games. The difference is striking. Why is that?

@Wanderer-nl, as suggested: If you're looking me up to answer Skybird, you can probably get a read of pignash at the same time. Your thoughts on him?
Kim: wiki | 27-99-23
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:24 pm

Post by Sinsun1 »

In post 261, Kim wrote:
@Sinsun1: I checked your other two games here -- you were a
lot
more active, verbose, etc. in those games. The difference is striking. Why is that?

Because I wasn't as busy. Also I do believe I've been in three games. All during summer months or beginning of school. This is late November, exams are next month and now the bigger pieces of work are being handed out.

That plus with Smudger leaving, the only person I know here is Fire and Fire isn't pulling the same shit from last game in which I got him to slip up himself and Lale. So now I must have fresh reads on everyone and with my time being consumed by school. I'm not going to be posting multiple times a day if I even get around to doing it daily.

Long story short, real life comes first.
Benevolent Dictator
Benevolent Dictator
Goon
Benevolent Dictator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:50 pm

Post by Benevolent Dictator »

In post 259, BBmolla wrote:

I don't know how to get into this. Someone ask me some questions, so I can evolve from there.

Calculated play

beep boop robot

You're talking about calculated play and you haven't voted Skybird yet?
Hydra of Accountant and RadiantCowbells
Beaten by a little girl
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:00 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 263, Benevolent Dictator wrote:
In post 259, BBmolla wrote:

Calculated play

beep boop robot

You're talking about calculated play and you haven't voted Skybird yet?

Skybird seems pretty genuine in the past few pages imo
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:33 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

@BB: What is calculated about Kop's play?

In post 253, Skybird wrote:Wanderer, you mentioned getting uneasy vibes from Kim, but you aren't voting him. Why not?

Because uneasy feelings don't equal a scumread worth voting for. The uneasy feeling is gone and I'm townleaning Kim currently.

I'm getting the feeling from Skybird's iso that she's only pretending to be scumhunting. Skybird, you're asking a lot of questions, what have the answers to those done for you? Have you formed reads yet?

I'm not going to try and read Dictator until I've seen some flips.

I'm uncomfortable with Firebringers (Fostering Rave Bird head) early townread on me. He's lately been paranoid of me because he's townread me as scum so him giving me a townread just like that is weird to me. I know Davsto considers himself a bad player Day 1, but I'd like him to share some thoughts as well.

That's how far I got so far, and I don't plan on doing much more backreading unless something pops up that requires me to check something.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Skybird »

Wanderer, asking questions is how I get into the game to form reads. Yes, I am forming reads based on the reactions to questions. You for example, don't appear to like to be asked questions. Now that I've engaged you, you decide I'm only pretending to be scum hunting.

VOTE: Wanderer
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 266, Skybird wrote:Wanderer, asking questions is how I get into the game to form reads. Yes, I am forming reads based on the reactions to questions. You for example, don't appear to like to be asked questions. Now that I've engaged you, you decide I'm only pretending to be scum hunting.

VOTE: Wanderer

There are other people that have said the same things and I don't see you voting them.
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:40 am

Post by Sinsun1 »

Just to give people an idea of how messed up my time is so that is not used as a factor as it'd be the same regardless of faction.

Mon-Thurs: Wake 5am, get ready, go to school to be there by 7am in the city. Stay there still 5:30pm and get home roughly at 7pm (later if I am tutoring programming to other students).
Fri-Sun: Random work shifts messing up my sleep schedule. Example: Next weekend coming, I work Friday 5pm-9pm, Saturday 10pm-Sunday 6am and Sunday 5pm-9pm.... That completely messes up any normal sleep for me so I end up sleeping 10-12 hours each day due to having to sleep twice to fix my internal clock.

Top that off with 5,000 word essay due in 2 weeks among 3 more major projects for end of term assignments and exams directly after. That ends up being my life. right now in a nutshell.

Meta against me is useless also because I never follow the same game plan twice, even when I have all the time in the world.

So other than that, the voices in my head are telling me Creative is scum. So thus, my vote is on him/her.

I'll probably post tonight if I got some spare time, but the current cases aren't that good (mind you, it's D1, I don't expect them to be good). But the thing about asking why people aren't voting Skybird has me confused. Why should we care who's not voting them just because you're voting them? I don't know what your alignment is Benevolent, so just pushing for people to vote Skybird with out something a bit more concrete just looks like a newbie townie that paints a big easy target on their head for scum to mislynch.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Skybird »

EP, timing is everything.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:44 am

Post by Skybird »

Sinsun, why are the voices in your head telling you Creative is scum?
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by Sinsun1 »

In post 270, Skybird wrote:Sinsun, why are the voices in your head telling you Creative is scum?

It's a feeling. Something about his/her activity feels... off.

Imagine you are a spider with a giant web. You sit in the center with your legs on different ropes of web. When a fly lands on the web, you will not be sure it's a fly but you will be sure there was a disturbance in the web and you will check it out.

Creative is the fly. They have disturbed my mind web. Now the voices in my head are telling me there's a reason it's disturbed and it is now a townie reason.
Benevolent Dictator
Benevolent Dictator
Goon
Benevolent Dictator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by Benevolent Dictator »

OMG Skybird is so scum wtf.

lynch it with fire.
Hydra of Accountant and RadiantCowbells
Beaten by a little girl
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by TheManWhoSoldTheWorld »

@Erran can you please answer my question.
"Kept you waiting, huh?"
For your typing convenience I respond to TMWSTW, The Man, Big Boss, and David Bowie.
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by Jeanne11 »

Votecount
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Skybird: 1 - Benevolent Dictator
Fostering Rave Bird: 0