Benevolent Dictator
Benevolent Dictator
Goon
Benevolent Dictator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:38 am

Post by Benevolent Dictator »

14 itself is not particularly alignment indicative, but the response from EP may indeed be indicative of Bowie's alignment.

The tell itself reflects much weaker on Bowie and Creative than it does on EP himself but it is definitely a better place to start than I usually get.

-AreSee
Hydra of Accountant and RadiantCowbells
Beaten by a little girl
Creative
Creative
Goon
Creative
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:02 am

Post by Creative »

Dictator

Spoiler:
In post 46, Benevolent Dictator wrote:
In post 42, Creative wrote:
In post 39, Benevolent Dictator wrote:
In post 33, Errantparabola wrote:I dont see anything alignment indicative about it.

You don't see anything alignment indicative about liking a vote and then changing it? Because that implies TheMan was lying, either with his words or his actions. You don't think lying is alignment indicative?

You seem awfully eager to let him off the hook here. I know a townie would have pushed that lead until he struck gold. Could it be because you are paired with him and are unwilling to push an early bus too far?

eer, so she is defending a partner on rvs? you are like, waaay reaching dude, wouldnt mafia also push "leads" until they "strike gold"? there is nothing townie about what you are doing right now, pushing on someone this hard and giving discredit at anyone that disagrees

This is absolute crap and I don't see any reason at all that town would be inclined to make a post such as this.

Creative/EP/Bowie scumteam called right now bye.

You are acomodating the facts to your reads, the bias is so strong you say you caught the whole team day 1 out of rvs interactions, its very deflective the way you discredit my point without adressing it, so again, wouldnt mafia also push something untill they get what they want? and how should we differentiate that from your play, if you are town.

Smudger

Spoiler:
In post 47, Smudger wrote:Thanks Dictator that makes the job all that much easier.. I agree though the post from Creative leads a lot to be desired but the initial point is a good one to pick up on but not overly....I don't see a hard push to begin with

That was badly worded indeed, i was trying to say more like, as a confirmatiom bias kinda of push, instead of a hard push.

Kop

Spoiler:
In post 55, Kop wrote:Well to be honest, I think he's over exaggerating a point, based purely on a joke, from what I saw of it. Is it alignment indicative from TMWSTW? I'd say no. During RVS, you make votes based with a joke, it isn't overly zealous to jump to a conclusion straight away.

@creative I don't get this comment.

"wouldnt mafia also push "leads" until they "strike gold"?"

I don't think mafia would push leads straight away, most mafia would be happy to sit back and let others fight it out, to then jump on when there is a good enough reason to jump on and not get much backlash day two?

I think there is different styles of playing mafia, atleast on videomafia, playing agressive mafia is part of meta, i dont know how it works here tho.

Spoiler:
In post 67, Kop wrote:
In post 66, Smudger wrote:
In post 65, Kop wrote:The person I voted for has yet to post, even still hasn't. I put my vote somewhere it may actually do something.

and your vote will magically make that person appear in thread?

Don't be pedantic.

You know facts that when you sign in, view the thread, see a vote on you, you think about that vote, which will in turn (should gain a reaction).

I can see a thousand questions, answer them all, and walk away. Put a vote on to back a question up, gives it a different sway of things.

Your vote means nothing to me dude, and why would a naked vote impact someone unless they are mafia? town has no reason to be concerned with that, you are just making yourself look bad.

I think that the fact that this much people took a position in this incident, its most likely that it has a high relevance to the game, and we should take a closer look to it!
Benevolent Dictator
Benevolent Dictator
Goon
Benevolent Dictator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:08 am

You are acomodating the facts to your reads, the bias is so strong you say you caught the whole team day 1 out of rvs interactions, its very deflective the way you discredit my point without adressing it, so again, wouldnt mafia also push something untill they get what they want? and how should we differentiate that from your play, if you are town.

This really doesn't merit a response.

-AreSee
Beaten by a little girl
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:28 am

Post by TheManWhoSoldTheWorld »

In post 77, Benevolent Dictator wrote:

-AreSee

VOTE: Dictator
"Kept you waiting, huh?"
For your typing convenience I respond to TMWSTW, The Man, Big Boss, and David Bowie.
Benevolent Dictator
Benevolent Dictator
Goon
Benevolent Dictator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:35 am

Now that makes me much more likely to consider that Nirvana song scum.

-AreSee
Beaten by a little girl
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by Skybird »

Hi again everyone. I'm sorry I was a bit MIA since the first page, I was out of town and supposed to be back yesterday.

I didn't think I had played with very many people in this game, but looking at the hydra's I see a few familiar names.

UNVOTE: I want to take a closer look at the last couple of pages.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by Skybird »

Kim, do you have experience with mafia off-site or IRL?
Kim
Kim
Goon
Kim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:41 pm

Post by Kim »

Not playing, no. I've read through about 9 games off-site -- one on Giant in the Playground and the others on The Straight Dope. I've never heard anyone even talking about mafia IRL, much less played it IRL myself.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Skybird »

Creative, how do you feel about your RQS? It seems like most people didn't answer.

P-edit - thanks Kim. Does anyone stand out to you so far?
Fostering Rave Bird
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by Fostering Rave Bird »

In post 72, Wanderer-nl wrote:
I'm also very fond of Firebringer :D

Ahhhhh

I am fond of you too Wanderer.
That doesn't mean I am going to give you a free pass into my town pile!!!

If anything I am going to have to look extra hard at you!
Hydra of Davsto and some other guy who's less important.
Fostering Rave Bird
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:53 pm

In post 82, Kim wrote:Not playing, no. I've read through about 9 games off-site -- one on Giant in the Playground and the others on The Straight Dope. I've never heard anyone even talking about mafia IRL, much less played it IRL myself.

Mafia in real life is a lot easier I find for finding scum, body language is easier to read than simple text.

Its not a difficult game to pick up, I am sure you will do fine :)

-Fire
Fostering Rave Bird
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Fostering Rave Bird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:54 pm

In post 76, Creative wrote:I think that the fact that this much people took a position in this incident, its most likely that it has a high relevance to the game, and we should take a closer look to it!

Oky, took position with what? On your RQS?
Benevolent Dictator
Benevolent Dictator
Goon
Benevolent Dictator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:09 pm

In post 78, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:
In post 77, Benevolent Dictator wrote:

-AreSee

VOTE: Dictator

When I jump on EP, Bowie and Creative are all too eager to try to discredit me. When I show how silly Creative is being, Bowie naked votes me.

There is no possible world in which they aren't scum together.
Beaten by a little girl
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

AreSee, is your read on Bowie purely associative? Because I think that naked vote is purely scummy in a vacuum. VOTE: TheMan

we'd be a pretty shitty scumteam if both my scumpartners are willing to jump to my defense regarding a point which I've already admitted I could see the logic behind
Kim
Kim
Goon
Kim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by Kim »

In post 83, Skybird wrote:P-edit - thanks Kim. Does anyone stand out to you so far?

Assuming you mean in a town/scum way, not really. I agree the most with Smudger. If my life depended on finding a townie right this instant, I'd probably guess Dictator. If I had to find scum? Uh....

P-edit: Maybe I'm reading too much into TheMan's quoting of in his , but I wouldn't consider his vote naked. It seems to me there's an implicit argument that Dictator's refusal to engage Creative is scummy. (I disagree with the argument.) I agree with EP with his assessment of his theoretical scumbuddies.
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:01 pm

My vote wasn't naked, that fact I quoted means it wasn't naked.

My point is that Dictator has locked onto scum so hard that apparently if you don't agree with him, you're scum, if you defend the person, you're scum, and if you question him about it, you're scum. He's a swirling vortex of association tells with no actual evidence, or basis.

Sadly I'm starting to wonder if he's just bad or something, because if he's scum he's getting a lot attention on himself and if he flips one of us town he can't hope to continue this lynch train he's setting up.

I don't have much thoughts on anyone else so far, except that I like Kim, Erran, and Creative.
"Kept you waiting, huh?"
For your typing convenience I respond to TMWSTW, The Man, Big Boss, and David Bowie.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:22 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 89, Kim wrote:I agree the most with Smudger

really why? I mean its not like I have actually done much, yet.

just a question I know its been asked before, or something similar, how many Hydras do we have one or two?
"There is nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself"... R.D.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Smudger
Kim
Kim
Goon
Kim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by Kim »

^ and seemed to be saying correct, non-trivial stuff. I haven't done a complete reread of the thread while taking extensive notes, but I'm pretty sure that's more than most have done so far.

We have two hydras:

Benevolent Dictator = Accountant + RadiantCowbells
Fostering Rave Bird = Davsto + Firebringer
Kim: wiki | 27-99-23
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:54 pm

Post by Smudger »

thanks noted

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:55 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 90, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:My point is that Dictator has locked onto scum so hard that apparently if you don't agree with him, you're scum, if you defend the person, you're scum, and if you question him about it, you're scum. He's a swirling vortex of association tells with no actual evidence, or basis.

so he is scum then?

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:24 pm

Post by Smudger »

Ah RC ok part of one of the Hydras

@mod I would like to be replaced thanks

Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:35 am

Post by Sinsun1 »

Whoop whoop whoop whoop. (Just letting people know I am alive. Gotta still read my pm and stuff. Sorta forgot to check back while waiting for the list to fill with everyone dropping out of it pretty quick. See you guys in a few hours).
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:58 am

Post by Sinsun1 »

Smudger is town. Calling that now. (Or at least his slot when he replaces).

Also the voices in my head are telling me Creative. I listen to the voices in my head, they are usually right and even if they aren't they can threaten to annoy me all day if I don't listen to them. So VOTE: Creative.

Finally. The guy with the big name... From here on out, I am calling you Tom. If you don't like it, shouldn't have picked that name. So Tom, what do you think of the Benevolent hydra?
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
TheManWhoSoldTheWorld
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:18 am

In post 97, Sinsun1 wrote:

Finally. The guy with the big name... From here on out, I am calling you Tom. If you don't like it, shouldn't have picked that name. So Tom, what do you think of the Benevolent hydra?

Did you read? Like you read enough to see there is something happening with me and Dictator, but not enough to see what I already said on them.

Anyway shorter version, they are either stupid scum, or SUPER stupid town. And, judging by the fact one of the stronger players we had in this game replaced out, the second they learned who was in the hydra means other people share my feelings.

I will also not respond to Tom because I will most likely forget it's directed at me. There is a list of names on all my posts that I respond to, use them.
"Kept you waiting, huh?"
Benevolent Dictator
Benevolent Dictator
Goon
Benevolent Dictator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:29 am

Did you really just call Smudger one of the stronger players in this game?
Beaten by a little girl

Return to “Completed Open Games”