Green Day
Green Day
Townie
Green Day
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:46 pm

Post by Green Day »

To Mod: How many scum are there on each side, and how many townies? Or is that disclosed information?
Jesus Christ rules!
Karen
Karen
Goon
Karen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:06 pm

Post by Karen »

unvote. vote: Karen.

i give up, townspeople can't win this one. it's too stacked against us.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:32 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

How are you making this decision exactly? We're on day one, we don't know how many scum there are, we don't know what town power roles we have, yet somehow you magically know this is stacked against us?

Seriously, if you don't want to play, request a replacement.
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
Karen
Karen
Goon
Karen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:34 pm

Post by Karen »

if you dislike my playing style, then you can request a replacement for me, or attempt to quicklynch me, like the scum you are.

after my role is revealed, i think my accusations against you will be taken more seriously.
Karen
Karen
Goon
Karen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:35 pm

Post by Karen »

EBWOP: oh, and i'm not saying all of you are scum! (just WhoMe?)
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:41 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

Must be a spankingly good town role to give you information on people when we had a daystart.

confirm vote Karen.
Show

3/7/2/0
Karen
Karen
Goon
Karen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:47 pm

Post by Karen »

WhoMe? wrote:Must be a spankingly good town role to give you information on people when we had a daystart.

confirm vote Karen.
confirm vote Karen.
Green Day
Green Day
Townie
Green Day
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:10 pm

Post by Green Day »

Karen, what makes you so sure WhoMe? is scum?
Jesus Christ rules!
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:11 pm

Post by davidangelsummers »

Karen,If your town, how do you really think voteing yourself is going to help? Your scum or just plain bad at this...Say your proved right, will anyone respect you? No, thier just think you played badly and the scum will be rubbing thier hands in glee.
VOTE KAREN
Which pains me cuz your Avatar will be missed...

Green Day, where abouts in NZ are you from? I just come back from thier with my girlfriend (see avatar) Its Awsome and a little like Norway but on a HUGE scale
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:39 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ummm, anyone think this Karen lynch is too easy? Seems like there is a rush of voting, pushing, and bandwagoning and someone who appears to be a newbie. By my count she is at 7 votes (or -4 to lynch). WIth between 4-6 scum (2 teams of three or 2 teams of two?) This lynch will happen quickly and Day 1 will be over....Do you really want Day 1 over so fast?

unvote spag
vote davidangelsummers

I understand everyone else's vote (maybe not green day's) on Karen, but the reasons you provide are weak at best. You are voting for her because she is voting for herself..How does that help mafia? If you are voting for her and she comes up scum, does that mean you are “scum or just plain bad at this?”
If you are such a pro at this game, you know a quick Day 1 does not help us.
If anyone reads this post, it sounds like he already knows Karen is town. Huge Scum tell in this post town.
davidangelsummers wrote:Karen,If your town, how do you really think voteing yourself is going to help? Your scum or just plain bad at this...Say your proved right, will anyone respect you? No, thier just think you played badly and the scum will be rubbing thier hands in glee.
VOTE KAREN
Which pains me cuz your Avatar will be missed...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:41 am

Green Day wrote:Reason for voting Karen.
She is very very defensive and is giving a major reaction. Almost asking to be voted for.
fos greenday

why did it take you 30 mnutes to post your reasons for voting Karen? "Almost asking to be voted for?" I guess that take the guilt off your hands now doesnt it?

Why not just FoS her?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:50 am

Post by WhoMe? »

curiouskarmadog wrote:ummm, anyone think this Karen lynch is too easy? Seems like there is a rush of voting, pushing, and bandwagoning and someone who appears to be a newbie.
I thought about that angle myself, but when I had a look at her other posts, she has subbed into a newbie game, where her contributions are not of the manic kind we are seeing here.
Show

3/7/2/0
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:52 am

Karen wrote:
unvote. vote: Karen.

i give up, townspeople can't win this one. it's too stacked against us.
dont be an idiot. this is just day 1...what you are experiencing is the stress and pressure of a bandwagon...ride it out. Take your vote off yourself. I have seen this many times before (hell, I have done it once)...basically, you are trying to show the town up after you die, trying to say "look I was town and you lynched me"...sort of an immature move...just calm down, and play the game...think before you post and vote. You think your bandwagon is full of townies? There are a ton of mafia in this game...you are being pushed and pressured by them as well (if not mostly). By voting for yourself you are only helping them (indirectly).

and dont take your ball and go home.

have some pride in yourself, and go down swinging.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:53 am

WhoMe? wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:ummm, anyone think this Karen lynch is too easy? Seems like there is a rush of voting, pushing, and bandwagoning and someone who appears to be a newbie.
I thought about that angle myself, but when I had a look at her other posts, she has subbed into a newbie game, where her contributions are not of the manic kind we are seeing here.
will metagame and look into it....you should at least FoS her...A quick Day 1 will not help anyone.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:57 am

WhoMe? wrote:
ok that was a quick read....the "other newbie" game you were talking about...not to mention it directly, but she is playing just as crazy and throwing around votes left and right...not to mention she has only posted 4-5 times....

surely you must be going on something else?..surely you do not want this day to end so quickly?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:06 am

Post by WhoMe? »

compared to the votes in here, the votes there are supported by the logic of the sages! Plus why are we worrying about the day ending, she's at, what L-5, and one of the votes on her is her own! Also, Day 1 is going to be the least informational of the game. On future days when the opposing scum have some idea who each other are, they are going to have to try to push through a lynch without outing themselves. What fun!
Show

3/7/2/0
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:10 am

by my vote count she is at -4. So are you saying "who cares if this day end quickly?"
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:12 am

Post by WhoMe? »

No, I am saying we can derail this wagon at any point before lynch. Seeing who jumps on and who doesn't could be valuable. I am also saying I see no real point in a really really long day one, but I wouldn't want to see 4 quick votes end the day right now.
Show

3/7/2/0
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:18 am

well with 4-6 mafia out there...you sure are taking a chance here....for conversation starters look who is on the wagon right now...what explanations have they given? I understand your vote against her, because she did have some sort of crap logic when voting for you...but that really could be chalked up to newbie-ness...but who else is voting for her (besides herself)??
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:21 am

another thing, with this set up, we really can not take any lynches for granted. Unless we have some sort of vig, lynches are the only way we can fight the mafia. They need to be thought out..at least more than the current bandwagon against Karen.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Twomz »

I am continuing to vote karen because she has given me no reason to do otherwise. Instead of defending her actions, moving on, and improving her play, she is attacking her attackers, insulting the other players in the game, and giving up. The only way I'd unvote her is if she gets back on the ball or if she is replaced.

Btw, my posting will be sporadic at best this weekend.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:59 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

Sweet Enola Gay people, take a minute before you click the "submit" button to make sure you've said all you need to say in one post. The double posts within minutes of each other is annoying. Are you trying to pad your post count?

Anyways, the evidence against Karen doesn't seem to amount to much. As I've said in previous games, so often players like Karen tend to be one of two things: 1. scum 2. crappy town. Neither of these is good for the town. I mean, who votes for him/herself? Basically, just crappy town or scum.

I know this will come off as scummy, but it wouldn't bother me overly much to lose Karen on Day 1, even if she is town. I'm doubting she'll contribute much to this game based on the way she's played thus far. I'd much rather lose her than another townie and there's a fair chance she's scum. But take note, I haven't voted for her yet. I'm hoping to glean some more information from this day before a quicklynch happens. Personally, I'd like to see her replaced.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:42 am

Sonicpulsar wrote:
I know this will come off as scummy, but it wouldn't bother me overly much to lose Karen on Day 1, even if she is town. I'm doubting she'll contribute much to this game based on the way she's played thus far. I'd much rather lose her than another townie and there's a fair chance she's scum. But take note, I haven't voted for her yet. I'm hoping to glean some more information from this day before a quicklynch happens. Personally, I'd like to see her replaced.
Well it did come across scummy, until you said you would like to see her replaced. Most likely she has given up and will have to be replaced. If she hasn’t, then she needs to remove her vote and clam down a bit. I do not want to lose any townies. Again I can not stress that in this game, we need to lynch correctly almost every time if we want to beat the mafia. I would rather see her replaced. Given the information provided about her, I do not want to lynch her (as of right now). Being a crappy townie is not a reason to lynch someone. I do not think she is mafia, for if she is…she is a crappy mafia. Mafia tend to play a better game.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Karen
Karen
Goon
Karen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:50 am

Post by Karen »

i think one of my goals, above all else, is to get everyone talking and keep them involved.

secondary to this goal, is to determine who is scum with the least number of nights having passed.

consider my stance, i only know my role. thus, i have to actively engage a number of people to determine their role in relation to mine.

let's say i have a diabolical wager with someone to determine scum in the least number of nights possible, depending on the number of scum/townies/total with a spread to cover the number of nights passed.

in which case, i might have played a few games in my time, so i'm not suffering from a case of inexperience. nor, am i n00b enough not to play other games in a similar style to build my persona.

above all else, i love each and every one of your very much.

i will say again, i am a townie, and regardless if you are going to bandwagon me to death, i hope i have elicited enough conversation to make it much easier for my fellows in the long run.

and thank you so much! i need everyone to keep posting, to fuel my information in terms of the diabolical wager.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:01 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Speaking from playing in the Borg/Alien mafia 59, a very similar idea setup - 2 mafia groups vs town. From a mafia point of view the first four lynches were all idiotic townies and easy lynches - see Al4x, Panzerjager especially - we do not want to let anyone head towards an easy lynch . . . even more so when not everyone has checked in.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”