gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:52 am

Post by gorckat »

vollkan wrote:
Oman wrote: I would want Paradox vigged much more then I would want Elias vigged.
I think that Elias is more pro-town then pulse atm.
I understand where you are coming from in regards to pulse; he is very suspicious. Would you prefer that I vig pulse?
Re-reading both Elias and pulse to the point Oman said that, I don't really see what makes Elias more pro-town at that point.

Knowing that xombie was town makes it look a lot more like Oman was protecting Elias.

vote: Elias
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Elias remains the person I'm most suspicious of. However, for now I'll withhold my vote because I don't think we need to be in so much of a rush to end the day. Samael brings up a good point: I find it odd that SPAG hammered immediately after two or three people said they would like to hear from Para before they finished him off. He hasn't been the most prolific poster here, so I'm going to have to look back through the thread to see what I can dig up on him.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Vote count

Elias - 2 (Shanba, Gorckat)
SPAG - 1 (Setael)

9 alive, 5 to lynch!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:17 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Alright, I've decided to skip the random vote at the beginning. here's what my analysis of SPAG shows...

Post 31: Puts an FOS on ojpower following his one and only post.

Post 50: Reiterates accusations against DFN and oj without adding anything meaningful or making any sort of judgment against them.

Post 54: Removes his random vote. Curiously, he thinks that DFN deflecting questions will cause the bandwagon to die off rather than intensify.

Post 74: Rips on ojpower. Notes that DFN's accusation was concluded with a FOS rather than a vote, and that this is not a scumtell.

Post 85: Asks Oman (proven scum) why Nelly is high on his list of suspicions when he has posted twice.

Post 87: After gorckat points out Nelly's comment about quicklynching, he muses that it might be a bit too reckless for mafia.

Post 90: Agrees that DFN changing quoted text looks a bit shifty.

Post 166 + 324: SPAG claims to have real life problems and has trouble posting. Supposedly updates all other games he is in during this time.

Post 368: Notable because the mod comments that SPAG has asked for a replacement.

Post 478: SPAG returns, asks for the Cliff's Notes version of the case against Para (but not Elias or me, the other two frontrunners for suspicion at the time perhaps he's already made up his mind?).

Post 481: After getting a very brief mention of the relevant points (NOT an explanation of them), SPAG votes for Para.

Post 490: Insists that CKD meant no harm by PMing him.

Post 521: Unvotes in response to the extended deadline.

Post 523: Deflects gorckat's question about what he saw scummy about Para, implying at the same time that he hasn't read through the evidence. vollkan immediately points out that, while this is a really bad idea in normal circumstances, a looming deadline is not normal circumstances.

Post 527: Promises to educate himself in the following few days so as to make an informed lynching decision.

Post 532: Waves off gorckat's questions. Implies that he read through Para's posts before voting, which he claimed he had not had the time to do in 521.

Post 534: Puts an FOS on Satael because he thinks he's forcing him to vote.

Post 537: Says that the case against Para is strong without really explaining anything about. Explains that Para cardflipping as town would make gorckat and Satael look suspicious, though I'm unable to follow his logic as to why. Insists that he'd like to hear from Para before voting.

Post 539: Agrees that the lack of any defense from Para's corner makes him curious.

Post 541: HAMMAH! Note that Para has said nothing between 537 and now.

So we have someone who coasts through early day 1 without posting much of anything, then comes in at the end of the day with a hammer vote after assuring that's what he WOULDN'T do. I think we need to hear from SPAG a bit.

Also:
[quote=curiouskarmadog]HUGE SCUM SLIP UP HERE!

No Para, if I have anything to do with it, we are not going to lynch some random guy. We are going to lynch the scummiest guy in this thread…you.[/quote]

[quote=curiouskarmadog]My god...you just slipped up and told us your alignment..not to mention you are arguing for a short Day 1...this is a huge red light..flashing...with sirens...and a small fireworks show.. [/quote]

CKD was probably the biggest pusher for Para's lynch, and he eventually won over most every other member of the town with this. This makes me curious about his motives.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:32 am

Post by gorckat »

Nice summary Hermit. I think there's two main 'paths' for us to look at: ckd/SPAG and Elias. I trusted that since no one else seemed interested in the PM and ckd leading thing that there wasn't much to it.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:35 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

well will need to reread...

sorry Para, but once you misquoted me and tried to start a case with that misquote, I thought that was quite scummy. Your, "I just read it in passing" comment didnt help...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:23 am

Post by Setael »

I think Hermit hit a gold mine with this:
Hermit wrote:Post 478: SPAG returns, asks for the Cliff's Notes version of the case against Para (but not Elias or me, the other two frontrunners for suspicion at the time perhaps he's already made up his mind?).
I think it's very possible that SPAG ignored the suspicion on you and Elias because at least one of you are mafia. Personally, I don't think it's Hermit - I'm getting a very pro-Town read on him. I do, however, think it's likely that SPAG paid no attention here to the case against Elias because they're scum buddies. The other main reason I think this is Oman's list:
Para
Pulse
Elias

I doubt that he'd name three innocents - much more likely he'd throw in a mafia name. We know Para was Town, and I happen to know Pulse's affiliation which leaves Elias, thrown in as the third one down the list that Oman could pretty safely say he'd like to see lynched. I think I need to reread and look more closely at Elias.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:59 am

Post by gorckat »

iirc, the 3 names on the list were drawn from the Nelly wagon, weren't they? Oman wasn't just pulling names out of the air.

I was the first to vote, Nelly self-voted, and the names on the list (and Oman himself) all voted Nelly afterwards, with one of them going on after Nelly unvoted, correct?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:10 am

The rereading the first 8 pages has left me slightly at a loss. I was so sure that Para was scum Day 1 that I didn’t really pick up on some things…couple things I would like to note, not really cases per say, but things I need to look into more when I have time.

Post 57:

Oman attempts to make a case against DFN (now Jordan) but does not put a vote on him. He later states that he thinks DFN(Jordan) or Oj (now para) is scum.

Hmmm..post 70:

Oman makes a big deal that DFN (Jordan) thinks OJ (para) is scum(post 61) by “noting” it. However, in post 63, Elias, makes the same statement and Oman doesn’t say a thing. Why would Oman noted that DFN thinks OJ was scum, but not note that Elias 2 posts later did too?

Post 72:

Oman votes DFN (Jordan) mainly because he feels everyone makes a good case.

Post 74, a hypocritical comment from SPAG, almost like a forshadowing.
SPAG wrote:oj is a bit of a loser really, he doesn't even read any games he just votes. In another game he voted for me when i was at -1 and i had character claimed.

Anyway, he could be town, he could be scum, theres just no way to tell.
quote really doesn’t mean anything yet..just thought it was funny, given his actions at the end of Day 1.

Post 84:
Oman, states he feels like Gorckat is mostly pro-town…still pushing DFN and now adds Nelly to possible scum lists.

Again, the Gorckat comment might not mean anything at this point, Oman could be trying to get Gorckat off of his back.

Post 88: DFN, attempts to attack me with crap logic and tried changing the quotes to suit his case. It was caught quickly and struck down just as quickly. Later (91) Dfn explains he misquoted by accident.

Ugh, post 99:
TheHermit wrote:I'm starting to think we're best off killing ojpower immediately so his lurking, random-voting self can't kill us later when we're at LyLo. At this point I don't even care whether he's scum or not, I want him gone.

Vote: ojpower
by itself this is a scummy post, however it should be noted that Thehermit did not hammer Nelly or OJ(para later) when he had the chance.

Post 102: Oman mentions that thehermit post was scummy, but that hermit explains it in (101) to Oman's satifaction. Still attacks DFN

Post 106:

Gorckat votes Nelly because Nelly unvoted at vollkan’s request. Should be noted that vollkan later is discovered to be town/vig/mason.

Post 123:

Pulse(now Set) thinks Hermit’s play is scummy..votes.

Post 124: Nelly self votes?..strange play, but sets up a ton of action.

Post 132:
Elias questions both Hermit’s and Nelly’s self vote…so he votes Nelly

Post 135 Oman vote nelly

Post 136: Para miscounts, votes, and puts Nelly at –1. Last 4 votes are put on Nelly in a 3 hour period.

Post 148 Interesting comment from Sir tornado (now Shanba)
Sir Tornado wrote:I don't like the way Oman put Nelly on -2, and simply left.
Why did he not mention that Para put Nelly at –1 “and left”…neither had posted after their vote.

Post 155: Nelly explains his actions…Gorckat/Elias/Oman/Para trap of sorts…puts vollkan and myself on the townie list…votes para for many the same reasons many of us pushed for the lynch.

Post 156:
Oman votes Para. I was so head strong about Para, I thought Oman was just distancing.

Post 159: Vollkan puts Para/Oman/Elias under suspicion…also claims he is the vig.

Post 162: nelly asks Para to roleclaim. Missed this before. Vollakn also mentions that he might kill Oman and Elias too….Nelly doesn’t ask anyone else to RC…but I guess Vollkan DID suggest Para over the other two.

Post 165: Vollkan asks if anyone objects to Para being vigged.

Post 167: Oman says he would like to see Para vigged and he thinks Elias is more pro-town then Pulse…not sure why he mentioned Pulse at this point…or compared Elias to Pulse….

Post 187:Back from Vacation, Gorckat unvotes Nelly, thinks Nelly contradicts himself in reference to a comment he made about me, challenges vollkan and thinks he might be a scum vig.

Post 197: Gorckat rereads and places his vote on the vote leader Para.

Post 199: Gorckat unvotes Para but states Elias or Para would be good lynch targets (this is a strange post).
-----------------------------------------------

Ok so that is the end of Page 8…I actually have to work so I will continue later..

To address this recent statement:
gorckat wrote:iirc, the 3 names on the list were drawn from the Nelly wagon, weren't they? Oman wasn't just pulling names out of the air.

I was the first to vote, Nelly self-voted, and the names on the list (and Oman himself) all voted Nelly afterwards, with one of them going on after Nelly unvoted, correct?
Why do you think Pulse voted for Nelly?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:22 am

Post by gorckat »

Did he? I actually haven't gone back and re-read today. What I remember were comments about other scum being on the Nelly wagon. I really couldn't say.

If he did vote Nelly and you're looking for my thoughts on
why
he did, I'd have to re-read shortly (swamped at work, but still trying to play my games :P)
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:25 am

gorckat wrote:Did he? I actually haven't gone back and re-read today. What I remember were comments about other scum being on the Nelly wagon. I really couldn't say.

If he did vote Nelly and you're looking for my thoughts on
why
he did, I'd have to re-read shortly (swamped at work, but still trying to play my games :P)
Pulse did not vote for Nelly...it appears that Oman got the name out of the air.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:47 am

Post by gorckat »

Huh. I need to refresh my memory as to why he listed pulse before adding more speculation today, then.

Last night I was just looking at the posts pulse and Elias had made up to the point Oman made the 'Elias is more town' assertion and it didn't really jive for me.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:19 am

Post by gorckat »

Skimming back, it looks like Hermit and xombie were getting on pulse. No one had tagged him as scummy enough for lynch (xombie was getting a load of attention), and volkan hadn't even suggested vigging him before Oman did.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Setael »

I would support a lynch of either SPAG or Elias. I think they are both scumtastic.

This looked more like an argument Elias thought up when he decided who to NK, and then wanted to beat us to the punch:
Elias wrote:Moving on, I expected Vollkan to get killed, being the most obvious protown player, and also since killing him off protrays me in a scummy light. In light of this, I'm going to remind everyone that discussion is our friend. Im going to reread.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by TheHermit »

A vollkan NK doesn't make anyone in particular look scummy. He was intelligent, very pro-town, and the vig. Would he get another vig attempt on Day 2? I'm not sure if the mafia knew, but they obviously didn't want to take that chance. He's such an obvious choice for a NK that I'd be seriously questioning the intelligence of any mafia that DIDN'T kill him.

I'm not implying that only scum would say that a vollkan NK incriminates him. It is, however, bad/overparanoid logic to say that it does.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Setael wrote: This looked more like an argument Elias thought up when he decided who to NK, and then wanted to beat us to the punch:
Elias wrote:Moving on, I expected Vollkan to get killed, being the most obvious protown player, and also since killing him off protrays me in a scummy light. In light of this, I'm going to remind everyone that discussion is our friend. Im going to reread.
erm...what? The obvious scum move when making a kill is to take out the most obviously protown player (when there are lack of power roles)...I was simply saying that it makes me look worse because of my interactions with Vollkan. I'm getting really annoyed at how you look at every little post and say "oh he could be doing this as scum", when its equally likely I was trying to make a post with some content before I reread (still in progress). Basically youre WIFOMing the hell out of me, and its getting on my nerves.
I play the games rul gud.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:55 pm

Up to page 19 in the reread...so far looking at CKD (who pushed the hardest for a para lynch), and Hermit, for previously stated reasons. Theres also the fact that the lynch CKD was pushing so hard was in direct competition with Hermit. Also, Hermit, please restate your reasons for voting me yesterday/being suspicious of me today. If I recall correctly, they were BS.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:13 pm

Post by TheHermit »

This sounds to me like someone sees rumblings against him, and he picks the most publicly dubious of his attackers to make a case against him solely so he can throw back a "But you're scummy!" claim and deflect suspicion back to me. Fine, Elias, I'll bite. But just so you know, I don't think this is going to go your way.

For starters, there's the double-talk. Elias has claimed over and over again that he shouldn't be suspected for voting Nelly because he had no intention of lynching (an unprovable statement), while at the same time claiming that my lone vote on oj is worthy of stringing me up. Let me put that another way: according to him, putting the third vote on a non-contributor (decent chance of turning into a lynch) is less scummy than putting the first vote on a non-contributor (almost no chance of turning into a lynch). I shouldn't need to explain why this makes him look scummy: his viewpoints change depending on whether it puts suspicion on him or not.

Right about now, Elias, you're probably thinking of deflecting suspicion by saying that I wasn't voting for pressure, I was trying to lynch him. I shall ask one question: "How dumb do you think I am?" Do you assume that, if I were scum, I would vote an anti-town (but not yet proven scum) player while admitting it was scummy to do so? How would that accomplish getting him voted out? It would not. No town is collectively stupid enough to follow a bandwagon like that. So in exchange for drawing attention and making myself look suspicious, Scum!Hermit would have achieved absolutely nothing. This doesn't exclude the possibility that I'm scum, of course, and I've no intention of using WIFOM logic to prove that... just pointing out that if I were scum, I would have to be either really dumb or really clever to try something like that. I have my suspicions about what you would find more likely, but it's just something to keep in mind.

Also, pay very close attention... these are the exact reasons I gave for being suspicious of Elias yesterday:
TheHermit wrote:Elias - I find it hilarious that the same guy who claims my vote for oj was poor was going to lynch Nelly on page 6 for no other reason than because he self-voted. And was going to lynch him over me, even though he claims to be more suspicious of me! Can anyone else see the inherent contradiction here? It seems to me like he jumped on Nelly's wagon because it looked like a convenient ride to a lynch even though he knew there was probably a stronger case against me. I don't like the concept of voting in favor of convenience over legitimate suspicions AT ALL. That's a huge scumtell in my mind. Even after rereading vollkan interrogating him my mind hasn't changed on this, especially given how he continually avoided questions (see vollkan point this out in post 253, which is probably where I got the "shifty" impression from).
And what was your response then?
Elias_the_thief wrote: I went over time and time again how I never intended to lynch Nelly, only pressure him. You do realize that voting someone does not necessarily mean you want them lynched right?
What a comeback. I'd like to point out that he didn't actually address
any
of the points I made, those being:

1) He accused me on the EXACT same grounds that he has been accused (voting a non-contributor), yet feel that suspicion against me is warranted and suspicion against him is "BS".
2) Even though he was more suspicious of me, he voted Nelly because Nelly had more votes. (He admits as much in post 211) Come now, who but scum would benefit from actions like that?
3) He has a history of dodging questions and suspicions instead of answering them. Kinda like he did just now.

That is why
I
am suspicious of you, Elias. Although I'd love to hear from everyone else why they are suspicious of you so I know whether I'm on the right track.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:27 am

Continuing on…we left off with the end of the Nelly bandwagon and the new discovery that Vollkan was a vig.

Post 201 – 210 Para and Elias go around and around about the scumminess of OJ.

Post 209: I ask Elias if he felt Hermit and Nelly were scummy, why did he put his vote on Nelly (putting him at 3 votes) when Hermit only had 1.

Post 211: Elais explains that if Nelly came up scum and Elias placed his vote on Hermit, it would look like he was trying to distract. (umm, wouldn’t that go the other way too, if Hermit came up scum? Don’t know why I didn’t ask this the first time.)

Post 216: Elias states that vollkan could still be scum.

Post 217: Gorckat to Elias.
gorckat wrote: Your record as scum does not preclude you from being caught out here. Why are you playing to help the town by being afraid of a distancing accusation?
interesting.

Post 220: Elias to Gorckat
Elias_the_thief wrote:
I actually havent brought up distancing once.
Interesting again. Elias also continues to question vollkan scumminess after I state he was cleared in my eyes until Day 2.

Post 225:
TheHermit wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:I said he his town in my book until DAY 2...but if I had money, I would put it on vollkan being NK tonight.
Oooooor the mafia could simply pick somebody else to kill tonight and laugh as we lynch the townie dayvig tomorrow. If they're really crafty, they'd worm some way into making his survival looks suspicious so that the dayvig would be forced to lash out at one of his attackers, possibly killing another townie. Hey! Sorta like what you're doing!

FOS: curiouskarmadog

He's confirmed as the dayvig. He's not confirmed scum or town. Even the night won't change that... well, unless he turns up dead in the morning.

Hermit appears to agree with Elias.

Post 229: Vollkan votes Elias (which begins their argument)…which goes until at least until 299. The argument revolves around Vollkan feeling that Elias was scummy, using Oman’s list, Hermit’s scumminess, and Elias vote for Nelly over the Hermit as focal points. Para (against vollkan) and Gorckat (against Elias) jump in at points.

Post 241: Sir Tornado (Shanba) comes out of no where and agrees with the Hermit that Vollkan can be scum and he does not see why the mafia would kill vollkan Night 1.

Post 247: again Sir T FoSes me for asking Elias if he was suggesting we lynch vollkan. (I guess Sir T selectively missed my 2-3 posts saying I personally did not want to lynch Vollkan Day 1 and I felt he was cleared until at least Day 2)

Post 249: Nelly feels swayed about Elias and votes him.

Post 257: Hermit doesn’t like the way that “elias is misrepresenting him” votes Elias.

Post 262: I begin my “campaign” against Para (who at this point has two votes on him Pulse (Set) and myself…and we start to go back and forth.

Post 268: Gorckat votes Elias…putting Elias at –2.

Post 270: Gorckat unvotes Elias…

Post 284: Elias posts his thoughts on everyone (at my request). Which is an interesting read. Felt SPAG was town (note: at this point SPAG has only posted 10 times, and nothing over 3 sentences). Para: was undecided. Felt I was scum. Felt Hermit was scum. No comment for Sir Tornado, Gorckat, and Nelly. AGAIN, no Nelly comment, even though he deemed it important enough to vote Nelly over Hermit, but didn’t think it important enough to comment on Nelly. He does say this though..
Elias_the_thief wrote: So most of my suspicions are currently on Hermit and CKD, though I need to finish rereading, because I missed some players in my reread. (gorkcat, nelly, sirtornado)

Just thought it was interesting that he added SPAG to the list, but left out Nelly and gorckat.

Post 295: Hermit unvotes Elias. Not confident about his vote.

----------------------------------------------
That ends page 12…need to work again.

The vollkan/Elias exchange was very time consuming to read, but there are some good points there.

Rereading this, Elias you are lucky I was so head strong about Para…most likely I would have joined this bandwagon against you.

I am noticing somethings in the reread that I missed before, but need to finish to be sure.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:40 am

Post by gorckat »

ckd wrote: I am noticing somethings in the reread that I missed before, but need to finish to be sure.
Same here. I'm seeing things that convinced me the first time (that Elias was scum) and they still make good sense (reading Elias' posts alone and the buildup to the Oman vig, for the most part so far).

Elias noting SPAG as town with so little to go on rings like Oman finding Elias town over pulse with me.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:47 am

Post by Setael »

Still need to do a re-read, but I find this whole thing scummy, and Elias telling me I'm getting on his nerves is not going to make me drop the argument:

First Elias says this:

Then I say this:
Setael wrote:This looked more like an argument Elias thought up when he decided who to NK, and then wanted to beat us to the punch
He responded with:
Elias wrote:erm...what? The obvious scum move when making a kill is to take out the most obviously protown player (when there are lack of power roles)...I was simply saying that it makes me look worse because of my interactions with Vollkan. I'm getting really annoyed at how you look at every little post and say "oh he could be doing this as scum", when its equally likely I was trying to make a post with some content before I reread (still in progress). Basically youre WIFOMing the hell out of me, and its getting on my nerves.
Notice how he doesn't really respond to my actual suspicion. I never disagreed that vollkan was very likely going to be the mafia's target last night. What I'm saying is the fact that he brought it up the way he did looked scummy.

Elias said Vollkan was also killed because
Elias wrote:killing him off protrays me in a scummy light.
So he's assuming scum killed Vollkan to frame him (Elias)... or at least he's trying to make sure he beats us to making that argument, so that it loses it's umph. But the thing is... like Elias said, it seemed pretty cut and dry that scum would kill vollkan. So pointing out that he thinks scum killed vollkan to frame him just looks scummy to me. Like he's trying to shoot down the argument before it can begin. Like I said, it looks pre-planned. I can just see ScumElias thinking "Well we're killing vollkan, but people might think that makes me look scummy so I better say something about it right away before any of them can."
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:58 am

TheHermit wrote:This sounds to me like someone sees rumblings against him, and he picks the most publicly dubious of his attackers to make a case against him solely so he can throw back a "But you're scummy!" claim and deflect suspicion back to me. Fine, Elias, I'll bite. But just so you know, I don't think this is going to go your way.
Firstly, yay for conjectures and putting words in my mouth! Good job! Secondly, If this doesnt go my way, then this doesnt go the towns way either, seeing as I'm protown. Also, what is suspicious about trying to deflect suspicion on yourself and onto someone who is suspicious, even if you could prove I was doing it? I have a townie have the exact same amount of motivation that a scum would have...so why does this make me scum?
TheHermit wrote: For starters, there's the double-talk. Elias has claimed over and over again that he shouldn't be suspected for voting Nelly because he had no intention of lynching (an unprovable statement), while at the same time claiming that my lone vote on oj is worthy of stringing me up.
I love how you misrepresent me and present opinion as fact. It's nice. I never once wanted to lynch you on that one vote alone. Are you insane? I've presented large amounts of evidence against which I plan to dredge up and post again when I finish my reread. Do you honestly just read my posts and not look at them at all? Because you're totally misrepresenting my reasons for voteing for you.
TheHermit wrote: Let me put that another way: according to him, putting the third vote on a non-contributor (decent chance of turning into a lynch)
Look! Opinion as fact again! I'm loving this! Pray tell, oh great Hermit, what is the chances of putting the third vote on someone turning into a lynch, if they are decent? Oh thats right, you have no clue. And even if you did, it would be based purely on your experience...and that has to do with the particular players in your game and what not...
If youre not getting this, "let me put that another way": Games are completely different from eachother, since the basis of the likelihood of things happening is dependant entirely on the players in the game. Guess what? This game has different players then any others you've been in (bar maybe a few). So how do you know the chances of that turning into a lynch? Simple answer: you dont.
TheHermit wrote: Let me put that another way: according to him, putting the third vote on a non-contributor (decent chance of turning into a lynch) is less scummy than putting the first vote on a non-contributor (almost no chance of turning into a lynch).
You ignore the fact that the chances of things actually happening is purely irrelevant to whether an action is scummy. They are inadverdant consequences. Do you not see that you must look at things in terms of intent? Obviously I cant prove that I was voting for pressure, but even unwritten purposes are better then flat out claiming that you want him dead for not contributing, which is what you did. It is the intentions that make your actions scummy, not these made up "chances" that you keep bringing up.
TheHermit wrote: I shouldn't need to explain why this makes him look scummy: his viewpoints change depending on whether it puts suspicion on him or not.
What are you talking about? This stems entirely from you misunderstanding my process of scumhunting (ie looking at reasoning not hypothetical lynch possibilities). Since you dont understand how I decided what is suspicious, doesnt mean you make up some bogus reason for my opinions and present as if I said it myself. Putting words in my mouth for the win.
TheHermit wrote: Right about now, Elias, you're probably thinking of deflecting suspicion by saying that I wasn't voting for pressure, I was trying to lynch him. I shall ask one question: "How dumb do you think I am?" .
Dumb enough to post it as your primary reason for voting him apparently. It would appear that you didnt see anything wrong with it until it was pointed out.
TheHermit wrote: Do you assume that, if I were scum, I would vote an anti-town (but not yet proven scum) player while admitting it was scummy to do so?
You only admitted to that after you were pressured. What you are referring to is what I like to call the most obvious backtrack of the game.
TheHermit wrote: How would that accomplish getting him voted out? It would not. No town is collectively stupid enough to follow a bandwagon like that. So in exchange for drawing attention and making myself look suspicious, Scum!Hermit would have achieved absolutely nothing.
If you had not been pressured, you would have never called it scummy. Not to mention that the intelligence of the town is nothing you can just assume...I mean you guys are trying to lynch me, which will screw the town. I swear it. I will post this seperately and address the second half in a second.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:17 am

TheHermit wrote: Also, pay very close attention... these are the exact reasons I gave for being suspicious of Elias yesterday:
TheHermit wrote:Elias - I find it hilarious that the same guy who claims my vote for oj was poor was going to lynch Nelly on page 6 for no other reason than because he self-voted. And was going to lynch him over me, even though he claims to be more suspicious of me! Can anyone else see the inherent contradiction here? It seems to me like he jumped on Nelly's wagon because it looked like a convenient ride to a lynch even though he knew there was probably a stronger case against me. I don't like the concept of voting in favor of convenience over legitimate suspicions AT ALL. That's a huge scumtell in my mind. Even after rereading vollkan interrogating him my mind hasn't changed on this, especially given how he continually avoided questions (see vollkan point this out in post 253, which is probably where I got the "shifty" impression from).
Alright...lets just take a look at what you accuse me of....
"
the same guy who claims my vote for oj was poor was going to lynch Nelly on page 6 for no other reason than because he self-voted.
"
WRONG!!! I had reasons for voting nelly besides the self vote, AND I never intended to lynch nelly. You just made that up and presented it as fact. As I said, voting for someone =/= intention to lynch.

"
And was going to lynch him over me, even though he claims to be more suspicious of me!
"
Where did I say this? You cant find the post? Oh thats right, I never posted that, and it is fact yet another opinion of mine that you made up. I never said anything at all about lynching nelly over you.

"
It seems to me like he jumped on Nelly's wagon because it looked like a convenient ride to a lynch even though he knew there was probably a stronger case against me.
"
What?!? If you had a stronger case, how could Nelly's lynch possibly be more convenient? Not to mention this is presenting your opinion as fact once again.

"
Even after rereading vollkan interrogating him my mind hasn't changed on this, especially given how he continually avoided questions (see vollkan point this out in post 253, which is probably where I got the "shifty" impression from).
"
You do realize that the reason Vollkan thought I was evading the question was because he misunderstood my point right? And that he later admits that I didnt make a contradiction? Ill quote him if you want, but you claim to have read the "interrogation".
TheHermit wrote:
And what was your response then?
Elias_the_thief wrote: I went over time and time again how I never intended to lynch Nelly, only pressure him. You do realize that voting someone does not necessarily mean you want them lynched right?
What a comeback. I'd like to point out that he didn't actually address
any
of the points I made, those being:

1) He accused me on the EXACT same grounds that he has been accused (voting a non-contributor), yet feel that suspicion against me is warranted and suspicion against him is "BS".
You did NOT make this point in your post. You said I was trying to lynch someone based on noncontribution. They are totally different points, and dont try to pretend you actually said that. Plus, I was suspicious of you for trying to lynch a noncontributor, not just voting him. If you had just voted him, I wouldnt have found it odd in the least.
TheHermit wrote: 2) Even though he was more suspicious of me, he voted Nelly because Nelly had more votes. (He admits as much in post 211) Come now, who but scum would benefit from actions like that?
Town who want to create more pressure and create discussion? Do you know anything about mafia at all? Bandwagons are good for town.
TheHermit wrote: 3) He has a history of dodging questions and suspicions instead of answering them. Kinda like he did just now.
Dodging points...you mean the ones that you just made up, and that werent actually in your original reasoning for suspecting me? So I have a history eh? How about giving me an example of me dodging a question that HASNT been proven to be someone misunderstanding one of my points?
TheHermit wrote: That is why
I
am suspicious of you, Elias. Although I'd love to hear from everyone else why they are suspicious of you so I know whether I'm on the right track.
Dodged points that you didnt actually make, and made up opinions that I never had. Good reasoning Hermit.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:25 am

Setael wrote:Still need to do a re-read, but I find this whole thing scummy, and Elias telling me I'm getting on his nerves is not going to make me drop the argument:

First Elias says this:

Then I say this:
Setael wrote:This looked more like an argument Elias thought up when he decided who to NK, and then wanted to beat us to the punch
He responded with:
Elias wrote:erm...what? The obvious scum move when making a kill is to take out the most obviously protown player (when there are lack of power roles)...I was simply saying that it makes me look worse because of my interactions with Vollkan. I'm getting really annoyed at how you look at every little post and say "oh he could be doing this as scum", when its equally likely I was trying to make a post with some content before I reread (still in progress). Basically youre WIFOMing the hell out of me, and its getting on my nerves.
Notice how he doesn't really respond to my actual suspicion. I never disagreed that vollkan was very likely going to be the mafia's target last night. What I'm saying is the fact that he brought it up the way he did looked scummy.
Setael wrote:This looked more like an argument Elias thought up when he decided who to NK,
This is accusing me of using this to cover my NK, which relies entirely on me being scum, which NO ONE has been able to argue convincingly. Not to mention it is total conjecture and total opinion.

Elias said Vollkan was also killed because
Elias wrote:killing him off protrays me in a scummy light.
Setael wrote: So he's assuming scum killed Vollkan to frame him (Elias)...
Actually, youre assuming I assumed that. I simply said that the action does that. I didnt say that the action was decided on this basis.
Elias wrote: or at least he's trying to make sure he beats us to making that argument, so that it loses it's umph.
Conjecture.
Elias wrote:So pointing out that he thinks scum killed vollkan to frame him just looks scummy to me.
I didnt point that out. I said the kill portrays me scummily, not that this was the rationale behind it. What is with you guys and putting words in my mouth?
Elias wrote: Like he's trying to shoot down the argument before it can begin.
This is anti town? Wouldnt a townie have the same motivation to shoot down arguments against him that are illogical?
Elias wrote: Like I said, it looks pre-planned. I can just see ScumElias thinking "Well we're killing vollkan, but people might think that makes me look scummy so I better say something about it right away before any of them can."

Conjecture. Do you have fun presenting opinion as fact? It seems to be all you and Hermit are capable of doing.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:26 am

curiouskarmadog wrote: The vollkan/Elias exchange was very time consuming to read, but there are some good points there.
Read closer. Vollkan, proven townie, admitted it was a meta debate in the end and he actually had no evidence in the end. Are you seriously convinced that I'm scum by his admittal of error?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”