KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:45 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Well, I'm done reading Ecto and Jenter and I'm ready to vote Jenter. I've got mixed feelings about Ecto, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt so far. I'd hear more from BM first though, before casting my vote.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:22 am

Post by Battle Mage »

shit, i seem to be commenting on every post. At this rate, its going to take hours to reread this once i'm finished. I'm on Page 21, with nearly 3 pages of analysis so far.
i'm working as fast as i can. Please dont do anything crazy until i'm done. lol
BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:00 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Holding tight for your re-read BM. If you hadn't shown up, I would be pressing to replace Jenter, even though I don't think it would be exactly fair to have someone replace into a role to defend themselves, when the last replacement was unable and apparently gave up. Regardless of whether you are a Vig or an SK, your assessment should still be valid because at this point your goal should be the same as either. To find scum before they outnumber a combination of town + Vig/SK.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:24 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

I'm still here, albeit on death row.

I don't know what else to say really, waiting for BM to complete his read.

Also, could someone do a PBPA against me, just they seem like the best way of putting down a case and I find them easier to answer than on the fly accusations.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:40 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Just doing a little rereading and I couldn't help but notice posts 623 and 624. (page 25) Gatorguy had been lurking for pages at this point, but just
3 minutes
after Panzer votes for Deathsauce, Gator jumps in and comments "I want to vote for him too."

It's almost
too
obvious, really, and I'm sure Panzer was cringing at the time, assuming they are both indeed scum.

Here it is, to save you the effort of clicking back:
Panzer wrote:Unvote: Vote:Death Sauce. My vote should be on this guy.
Gatorguy wrote:I would vote for deathsauce but I'm not sure where the vote would put him, can we get a vote count?
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:10 am

OK, we don't know why Gatorguy was lurking, and the fact that he wasn't presenting his own case can't really count against him here, but it was not a vote soI wouldn't consider it bandwagoning, certainly with the votecount request (which would have made it clear to any townies whether someone was in danger).
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:49 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Y'know Jenter, you could make a case yourself against someone else, if you think there is a better lynch out there. The only noteable thing you've done so far is defending yourself, which is of course good, but doesn't make the case of your predecesors any better. I'd be interested in reading
your
suspicions, as well as those from BM
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:43 am

Post by d3sisted »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Y'know Jenter, you could make a case yourself against someone else, if you think there is a better lynch out there. The only noteable thing you've done so far is defending yourself, which is of course good, but doesn't make the case of your predecesors any better. I'd be interested in reading
your
suspicions, as well as those from BM[/quote]
Pfft, yeah, I've been waiting for that one since he joined in. Not expecting it to come any time soon.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ok, i've officially, FINISHED! I'm going to sleep now, but when i get up, i'll write my final LoS, and then post my entire analysis. My reread has been EXTREMELY helpful, so thanks to you all for your patience.

cheers
BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:27 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

BM's Marvellous Game Analysis

Page 1, and Panzer-scum already starts a significant BW on OffTheMark. I’m going to consider this a null-tell however, as I don’t seriously think Panzer would believe that such a wagon would get anywhere, and so it could have been bussing.
Xyzzy makes an idiotic strategy post, which apparently spurs the scum into killing him N1. lol
Shizmatised actually goes along with this. Hardly surprising he ends up lynched. Unfortunately however he was town. OffTheMarks early play is slightly OMGUSy, but again, that’s not a scumtell. QMan votes for Xyzzy, and Panzer FOS’s him. This is interesting, as normally Panzer would vote for less. This suggests that he is happy to stay on the large OTM wagon. Korran’s post 44 is IMMENSELY scummy. Amazingly, Theo posts without noticing this, or rather he gives a gentle reprimand. Interesting that he seems to consider Korran above suspicion-this is definitely not Theo-town play. Korran retaliates with a vote, which I thing is more due to anger than suspicion. Schizmatised BW’s Theo for being mean to Korran. I just cannot believe that this guy came out town… :o
Post 52, Korran plays the Newbie Card. Panzer makes it obvious that he knows Schiz is town. Again not surprised that he was outted. OTM makes good criticisms of Xyzzy’s strategy. Panzer infers compassion towards Schiz, but also incapsulates Korran into his protection. FoS: Korran.
K-Scope comes in, joins the BW on Schiz, and FoS’es Panzer. Possible soft-bussing?
I don’t understand post 82 one bit. Panzer defends K-Scope from OTM.
Korran BW’s Schiz. He’s looking real suspicious to me now…
Xyzzy now starts making weird comments, in an attempt to get Schiz killed. Surprising that he got NKed tbh. I wonder what the scum was thinking?
Theo then unvotes after hearing the claim. This is more like the Theo we know and love. Perceptive and wise. 
Oops, I think I spoke too soon. Schiz makes another post (116) which makes the assessment that Theo is distancing. At this point, he gets angry and OMGUS votes. I’m thinking that maybe, just maybe, Schiz might have been onto something here. FoS: Theo.
Post 123-Xyzzy asks Schiz to self-hammer. ROFL.
Schiz makes some monster posts in an attempt to defend himself, and Theo again changes his mind, and unvotes. Bloody hell, we had a lot of mouthy kids playing this game. Lol
OTM places Xyzzy as his top suspect. Seeing as Xyzzy was lynched, this is a town tell imo, as it would have been significantly easier for OTM-scum to have kept him alive, and got a mislynch from him.
OTM makes more logical posts against Xyzzy. Why has this guy not been NKed yet? Srsly, he looks so clearly protown…
K-Scope gets WIFOM confused with OMGUS. On another note, Schiz places K-Scope, Panzer and Xyzzy at the top of his LoS.
Korran just copies what everyone else has said on Page 7. Meanwhile K-Scope leaves the hot wagon on Schiz, to vote for Al Sleet. Panzer takes his vote off aswell.
Post 176 is a blinder aswell. You’re gonna hate me for saying this, but I actually think Schiz is a decent player! He might have really poor inter-personal skills, and a weak grasp of the game, but he was clearer very perceptive. K-scope pops in to defend Panzer from Schiz.
Post 187 confuses me. OTM claims that Schiz has made a great case, but doesn’t vote for Panzer. mFoS: OTM. (minor FoS)
Korran meanwhile continues to play the newbie card, and obviously hasn’t read the thread. Post 197 is also intriguing, as Panzer (scum) requests that Korran is replaced. Now, from his perspective, the only reason he could genuinely want Korran replaced is IF KORRAN WAS SCUM. Because guess what, if the town is a bunch of newbs who you can lead around, the scum will make use of that. HoS: Korran.
Post 202 shows a subtle tell that he doesn’t want to get killed.
Theo defends Korran, saying that he should seek coaching. Again, I’m not sure what to make of this. Could be genuine protown sympathy, or could be an attempt to help his scumbuddy improve. Post 222-more defensiveness from Korran.
I don’t like the interaction between Panzer and Theo on Page 10. I think Panzer stole the idea from Consulmaker, where is was used by MoS in order to gauge suspicion.
More newbie card stuff by Korran. Why the hell hasn’t he been lynched yet?
-Page 11-
Xyzzy makes a fair analysis of AlSleet. OTM rightfully asks for his actual conclusion. A hint of rolefishing perhaps on his part, with regard to Schis. Still he is giving me a town vibe. Panzer appears to feign suspicion of Korran in post 262, with the reason of ‘curiousity’. Seems to suggest that he doesn’t find him especially scummy, but leaves him open to bussing later.
Schis correctly points this out in 263. Deathsauce then puts the BW vote on AlSleet, putting him at -1. Looking forward Deathsauce was lynched as town, so that’s no real help.
275 by OTM is again, totally reasonable. This guy is making so much sense, it’s really starting to bug me. :p
Ecto then replaces in. Xyzzy’s first post with regard to the new replacement is a continued attack on Schiz. Ecto’s response is an analysis, to which his conclusion is that he may join the AlSleet BW, despite his analysis showing little/no actual suspicion of him.
Ecto also comments on a link between K-Scope and OTM, which OTM swiftly denies. Post 284 by K-Scope is nice. He leaves the stalled AlSleet wagon (btw, WTF WAS HE AT -1 FOR SO LONG?) with a defence of him. I don’t understand Panzers post 288, but it certainly shows ties between him and K-Scope. Much as Panzer isn’t the greatest player in the world, and its POSSIBLE that he was arrogant enough to assume that his blatant buddying up wouldn’t be noticed, I find it very hard to believe that he would so blatantly and deliberately befriend his buddy publically. Strong town tell on K-Scope for that.
Ecto’s post 290 is also pretty interesting. I agree with him, with hindsight, that the post by OTM does look a little like buddying up for convenience-especially now I am confident that Scope is probably town.
298-K-Scope basically mirrors what Ecto just said in 290.
Panzer then gets under some pressure, and is defended by DS. Panzer warns him to stop defending him. I could see this as Panzer telling his partner to distance from him, because he might die. FoS: DeathSauce.
Panzer also comments that he gets a strong town vibe from Ecto. This could be an attempt to tie himself to Ecto, thus I think Ecto could well be town. His posts on page 13 seem to back this up.
OTM’s post 323 is a little unnerving, as, whilst mentioning K-Scope, Panzer, Ecto and Deathsauce, he only suggests suspicion of the latter two. Then Ecto puts AlSleet at -1, whilst claiming that it is only -2. Not only that, but his suspicion seems to be based solely on Al lurking. FoS: Ecto.
Post 377- 1 dimensional analysis by OTM, which seems to be an attempt to tie Ecto to AlSleet.
I should note here that, YET AGAIN, ALSLEET IS LEFT AT -1. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!?!?
Deathsauce at last takes his vote off, some pages later. Town tell imo.
Equally weak analysis by Xyzzy in post 402.
Something that concerns me is that, for a long time at this point, there have been only 2 real BW’s- both on protown players. So why haven’t the scum been decisive in making a decision? :?
Post 417 by Panzer makes no sense. He FOS’s OTM, and in the same sentence, claims that he finds him protown. WTF?
mFoS: OTM for this interaction.
Ah, and here is the claim by Al. I don’t blame him for claiming atall at this point. It should be noted that despite Panzer defending him up to this point, as soon as he hears a power role claim, he BW’s. Should also be noted that his post mirror the previous post of OTM. At last Ecto shows up in post 458, and gives everyone a dose of logic. Lol
Theo is still giving me bad vibes here. His post 465 exhibits reluctance to let a protown power role live.
Post 469 seals today’s decision for me. Gatorguy pops up, with the deadline in a matter of hours, and casts a completely useless vote, in an obvious effort to distance himself from the townie BW’s. He also claims to believe AlSleet in an attempt to avoid being Vigged, I expect.
Vote: Korran/ Gatorguy/ Honarary Hitchiker/ Jenter Broncali

QMan drops the hammer on Schis, while Panzer piles on an unnecessary vote on top. I have absolutely no idea why he does that, seeing as he knows Schiz is town. Again, not surprising Panzer got lynched later on.
Night 1, Xyzzy is killed. I can confirm that AlSleet did indeed target QMan on Night 1, but according to Shanba, the kill failed. Probably for the best, as I don’t feel QMan was a good Vig-Choice for N1.
-Page 21-
K-Scope, in post 502, agrees with Panzer, who’s post 501 was BS. Mafia RB’s are, as far as I am aware, not common in mini normal games. In fact, its borderline whether they are currently allowed atall.
505-blatant communication from Scope to Panzer. Again, surely TOO OBVIOUS to be a tell right? :o
Theo then puts a vote on AlSleet, with little explanation given. OTM continues to reach to find an excuse to lynch AlSleet. Post 541-Panzer tries to validate his suspicion of AlSleet, with testimony from QMan. Gives me a protown vibe toward QMan. Gatorguy pops up to suggest an OTM-lynch. K-Scope pushes a Bethelmark lynch, but Ecto appears to fob him off.
K-Scope validates Al’s survival with the (logical) reasoning that he was almost certainly going to have Doc protection. OTM places the first vote on Panzer. Again, protown points for this.
Now we move onto Blight’s first post. Remember, he was replacing Theo. In post 572 he comments extreme suspicion of AlSleet, subsequently straw-manning him. He claims not to have a read on Gatorguy. ARE YOU FRIGGING KIDDING ME!? HoS: Blight.
Panzer then FoSes Blight, simply because Blight didn’t vote for Alsleet, after building the case on him.
Ecto continues to defend AlSleet.
Post 579-Blight claims that the town should tell AlSleet who to kill. Again, obviously scum.
Blight keeps his vote on Ecto. Doesn’t feel like bussing.
Ecto OMGUSes Blight.
Post 624 is another stinker from Gatorguy :p
Last sentence of 645 exhibits paranoia on the part of Blight.
652 by K-Scope is interesting. He could be following Panzers lead by trying to derail pressure on Blight. Gives me a scummy vibe from him. I mean, talk about a convenient change of heart! :p
Numorean replaces in place of Bethelmark, and instantly gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. His analysis mirrors my views up to that point (except his lack of read on Gatorguy).
K-Scope’s subsequent post is highly suspicious. I’d really like an explanation from him as to why he was so sure that Blight was town. Numorean rightly calls him up on this. Then Blight makes a post which infers scum in both K-Scope and Ecto.
-Page 28-
OTM votes for Blight, though it seems Ecto has left that wagon now. 692-WIFOM defence from K-Scope.
Blight continues to defend K-Scope. Claims Numorean and Ecto are scum with ‘possible Panzer’. Seems like a belated attempt at distancing. Suggests that Numorean and Ecto are both town. Post 705 by Panzer, seems to offer up the view that if Blight is scum, Scope should be lynched next. Strong protown points for Scope.
Still, 714 is a pretty dumb post. :p
Post 740 by OTM acts as a reminder that Gatorguy scum is being ignored. 746-Panzer continues to defend Blight. Comment by Deathsauce in 750 is pretty valid. Gatorguy decides to quit, after noticing Panzer accumulate a rather large wagon.
Numorean adds to the Panzer wagon, and OTM comments that the vote is suspicious. Later, OTM removes his vote while he has a rethink, then replaces it. Town tell here. Ecto joins the DS wagon.
Desisted replaces in place of QMan, and attacks AlSleet with real craplogic. On the other hand, he does vote for Panzer, which is a good sign. Blight distances himself from both large BW’s.
Post 820 by K-Scope, again probably requires explanation. Why so confident that Blight is townie?
Oh god-post 831 by Desisted does not bode well. He attacks Panzer, but provides staunch defence of Blight. Could just be bad judgement, but I don’t know… :?
Post 836 is an interesting post by OTM. OTM-What do you think the ‘secret’ between K-Scope and Blight could be?
BW vote by Desisted in post 841, putting DS at -1.
Page 35, and I’ve decided that Desister is utterly insane. I just cant see where any of his comments come from. I’ll need a translator methinks.
856. I repeat-Blight is BLATANT scum, who obviously wants to get a mislynch without attracting Vig attention. Post 862-Again, Desisted, please tell me what you mean by this.
Panzer pressurises Desisted, trying to tie him to 2 probably protown players which is interesting.
Post 872, proves that I really have lost the plot. WHAT IS GOING WITH ALL THIS TALK OF SCOPE-BLIGHT ‘HINTS’? :O
Post 880-F**k me-he actually said the unthinkable. Blight and Scope MASONS? You have to be kidding me. Blight is almost certainly scum for a start. Note that K-Scope deliberately doesn’t deny this claim. The fact that both are still alive now could also mean something.
Deathsauce claims that Blight and Scope are scumbuddies. Desisted drops the hammer. Note also that Jenter replaced in during the night. Could be a sign that Blight wasn’t doing whatever he should have been. Its weak, and its meta-based, but its still a small tell imo.
Ah, Numorean comes up JK. I guess that would be a suitable explanation for the events of N1. I honestly don’t blame Num for targeted the claimed Vig. Better to keep him alive, and prevent what he thought might have been an SK, from making a kill. Seems that by Night 2, he was willing to give Al a shot, and I think he did him proud 
Also should be noted that whoever Num did target, isn’t the one who committed the kill. Of course its tough to know whether a JK would choose to target someone they find suspicious (to RB them) or someone they find town (to Protect them), so this is probably hard to read.
903-i don’t like this post by Desisted. It really bugs me when people compliment the scum DURING THE GAME. Could be a sign of total arrogance.
Post 904 is interesting by Scope. Seems to infer that he is claiming mason, but also appears to be an obvious fish for info, as to what he should claim with regard to his buddy. Post 922 by Desisted is very scummy. Its exactly what I would say to my scumbuddies during the night. “lets keep the killer around one more night, so he can speed up our victory”. This is especially true when his scumbuddies were under such heavy fire. Suggests that AlSleet kills HIMSELF. ROFLMAO!
And then I replace in! OTM immediately makes a post that could be construed as sucking up, but as he overall strikes me as protown, I’ll let it go. Desisted makes a WIFOM statement suggesting that I am an SK. In 947, he continues to cling desperately to that reasoning.
958-Desisted complains that Jenter hasn’t defended himself.

Final LoS:
99%-Blight-His actions are so unbelievably, inexcusably scummy, I actually cant believe he is still alive. Its possible that he is just the worst townie in history, but atm, I’m doubting that, hence my rating of him. Combine his inherent scumminess with Theo’s generally unnerving behaviour, you get certain scum.
98%-Jenter Broncali-Again, this guy MUST be scum. Not really for his own comments, which don’t stand out either way to me, but mainly for the flaws of his predecessors, which are again, inexcusable. I’ve placed him slightly below Blight, simply because, in fairness, Jenter hasn’t don’t anything really terrible himself. However I am happy to lynch either of these today, and vig the other.

65%- Desisted- He’s is nowhere near the realms of absolute scumminess that the first two players have exhibited, but I’d say he is my third suspect. Qman’s play struck me as protown, but its been hard to maintain that read when Desisted continues to act so damn weird. Assuming we have 3 scum left alive, I’d say there is a decent chance that Desisted is the 3rd, although I’m not certain of this by any means.

60%-K-Scope- Again, mixed read of Scope. He’s had some strong protown tells, and yet some strong scumtells aswell. I think the only way we can really get a good read on him is by killing Blight. I don’t believe the mason hint for a moment, and unless Blight comes up as ‘anti-town mason’ it is possible that K-Scope is his scumbuddy. Either way, we should have confirmation of Scope’s role tomorrow.

25%-OTM- This guy makes so much sense. I’m not kidding, his posting has been pretty damn perfect on most things so far. However he has exhibited a couple scumtells, and I haven’t entirely ruled him out. However, I’d be surprised to see him come up as scum. If he is scum, he has played exceptionally well upto this point.

18%-Ectomancer-I hate myself for saying this, but I just cant see this guy as scum. There have been so many points in the game where it is almost impossible to see him as such. Again, with Ecto you can never be certain, but currently I’m happy to let him continue.

And with that
Vote: Jenter Broncali

HoS: Blight

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:49 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Holy crap, interesting summary. Can't say I agree with everything there, but for the most part it makes sense. The main thing I have a problem with is how you think Blight is scum but Kscope is town? I don't understand how that is possible, given that Kscope is vouching for Blight.

I think either some combo of Jenter/Desisted/Ecto are the final 2 scum, assuming there are 2 scum left. (sidenote: BM did not consider the possibility of a 1 remaining scum + SK scenario. This is a null-tell on him since he would do the same whether he was SK or not, but the rest of us need to consider it) The other possibility is that it's Kscope/Blight, but I find that less likely. Worth noting is that if it's Jenter/Desisted then Desisted bussed his partner right at the beginning of Day 3. Doesn't make it impossible, but it seems like an odd play for scum to make.
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:43 am

My list;

BM is obviously not mafia, can't tell if he's an SK or vig but the autopsy seened to hint at the first option.

OK, it seems most likely that Kscope and Blight are town unless they're BOTH scum, leaving just desisted, Ectomancer and Off The Mark. Ectomancer, I agree with BM. He just looks town. OTM, meh, second choice but definitely not very scummy.

So we have desisted. He is inane, attacks for silly reasons, and hammers people with suspicion until the town joins in. I think he is our man.

I agree about blight, but we can't confirm him without going for either him or Kscope.

So I reckon we go for Desisted today, and Blight goes tonight. If he is scum I would reckon it likely that we have an OTM/Ecto-Pan-Desisted trio, if he is town a Pan-Kscope-Blight trio, with a possible SK.

There are my muddled thoughts, make of them what you will.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

this is why i want to hear more from Scope. He has clearly hinted at masons, but then he also made a subtle breadcrumb that his buddy might be anti-town. I strongly dislike it when people do that, but sometimes, just sometimes, THEY MIGHT ACTUALLY BE RIGHT. Blight has been acting scummy all of his own accord. Scope on the other hand, is primarily scummy by association to him.

@Jenter-what do you mean by 'autopsy'? :?:

Off the Mark wrote:Holy crap, interesting summary. Can't say I agree with everything there, but for the most part it makes sense. The main thing I have a problem with is how you think Blight is scum but Kscope is town? I don't understand how that is possible, given that Kscope is vouching for Blight.

I think either some combo of Jenter/Desisted/Ecto are the final 2 scum, assuming there are 2 scum left. (sidenote: BM did not consider the possibility of a 1 remaining scum + SK scenario. This is a null-tell on him since he would do the same whether he was SK or not, but the rest of us need to consider it) The other possibility is that it's Kscope/Blight, but I find that less likely. Worth noting is that if it's Jenter/Desisted then Desisted bussed his partner right at the beginning of Day 3. Doesn't make it impossible, but it seems like an odd play for scum to make.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Alright, that puts Jenter at -1. Basically that read was why I didn't think we would need another replacement if Jenter had given up. (BTW Jenter, I appreciate your committment despite the circumstances).
I was wanting to hear from K-Scope too about his reasoning for his stance on Blight. Im taking note also of Jenter's parting shot about killing Blight tonight. I'm wondering who he is talking to. If scum, he might be talking to BM, hoping to save Blight from being a target tonight. (Jenter would turn up scum, so BM wouldnt target Jenter's suggested target, reverse psychology deal) That would assume that Blight is his buddy. Now he could also be talking to his scumbuddy, thinking for some reason that Blight might be a danger to them and is suggesting tonights target. If so, I'm not sure why he would be more so than others.
Now if he turns out town, then my only conclusion would be the straight forward one, which is that he thinks Blight is scum and is in fact suggesting the target to BM. If that is the case, I really couldn't blame someone for suggesting a target when they are certain they are being lynched, it doesnt add to the case against them. It doesn't mean his opinion means more either, but we would know his motivations were good.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:38 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

The reason I did trust Blight, but was starting to suspect him later is...:
1) I didn't and still don't know if mason traitors are allowed
2) I've been wrong about whole game.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:43 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]The reason I did trust Blight, but was starting to suspect him later is...:
1) I didn't and still don't know if mason traitors are allowed
2) I've been wrong about whole game.[/quote]

so you are definitely claiming masons with Blight?
that being the case, did your role pm suggest anything about your partners affiliation being in doubt?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:56 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I've been in a game with masons, and I've read about them in the wiki. I don't think that I've actually seen a game with masons of different alignment, though the wiki says that there has come into being a scum mason so that the masons have to also figure out whether they can trust each other. Basically the role gets reduced to night communication between 2 players who otherwise don't know anything about the other player. On a meta-game note, there's an interesting side effect to the mere existance of that mason type and one that might spur a seperate thread from me (if one doesn't already exist). Unless you have an open setup, or the Mason role pm specifically states that you know your mason partner to be innocent, you can't know whether you or not we have a mafia mason. Unless there is something I'm missing here?

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ectomancer wrote:I've been in a game with masons, and I've read about them in the wiki. I don't think that I've actually seen a game with masons of different alignment, though the wiki says that there has come into being a scum mason so that the masons have to also figure out whether they can trust each other. Basically the role gets reduced to night communication between 2 players who otherwise don't know anything about the other player. On a meta-game note, there's an interesting side effect to the mere existance of that mason type and one that might spur a seperate thread from me (if one doesn't already exist). Unless you have an open setup, or the Mason role pm specifically states that you know your mason partner to be innocent, you can't know whether you or not we have a mafia mason. Unless there is something I'm missing here?
Well i've played as a mason before, both in a large normal game, and in scumchat. In the scumchat game, i was a protown mason (with another ability, but thats UPICK for ya) and my buddy turned out to be anti-town.
Anyway, in my role pm, i was TOLD that there was doubt as to my buddy's affiliation. The whole idea of masons is that they are supposed to be confirmed innocents in each others eyes, so to not tell the masons that there is doubt, would be ridiculously unfair. Hence my question to Scope.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:02 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Well if even Kscope is saying he's not sure about Blight anymore, then I guess Jenter/Blight is a possibility. I still think that is a less likely scenario then the other two combos I posted earlier. Maybe it's Kscope/Blight and Kscope is just trying to throw out that possibility to distance himself from Blight. So that if eventually Blight DOES get lynched, Kscope is no longer linked to him <-- this seems quite possible to me.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:05 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Battle Mage wrote:to not tell the masons that there is doubt, would be ridiculously unfair. Hence my question to Scope.

BM
I completely agree with that, but I don't know if that's how it works or not. I am still learning how all the roles work in this game. This is similar to the cops' sanity situation. Are cops always told that they are sane? Do cops sometimes have no clues from the PM that they might be insane? It's the exact same dilemma. The existence of the other role (insane cop) messes up the original role. (since a cop has to always be worrying about his sanity)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Off the Mark wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:to not tell the masons that there is doubt, would be ridiculously unfair. Hence my question to Scope.

BM
I completely agree with that, but I don't know if that's how it works or not. I am still learning how all the roles work in this game. This is similar to the cops' sanity situation. Are cops always told that they are sane? Do cops sometimes have no clues from the PM that they might be insane? It's the exact same dilemma. The existence of the other role (insane cop) messes up the original role. (since a cop has to always be worrying about his sanity)
its the same dilemma, and imo, it has the same answer. in games where there are different varieties of the same role, the players should always have some opportunity to find this out. Anything else with masons, is frankly unbalanced and stupid. With cops it is slightly different, as they have a chance of working out that they might be insane, depending on kills etc.
But no, Scope should have some indication about affiliation questions.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:19 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Battle Mage wrote:so you are definitely claiming masons with Blight?
that being the case, did your role pm suggest anything about your partners affiliation being in doubt?
Yes, I am claiming we are masons. I thought I already eleborated on that, but apparantly, I did not. >.<

With that said, I'd like to have some night conversation with Blight about how his role is paraphrased, and if it has any similarities with mine.

As for me being worried about Mason traitors: It happened alot in off-site games of mine. I don't know if it is a common role here, hence I asked.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

K-Scope, can you please specify whether or not your role pm contains ANY suggestion that your partner's affiliation is in doubt.
Alternatively, can you confirm whether or not your role pm features the words"you know each other to be innocent", or something similar?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:10 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

I will not confirm nor deny anything before I've talked to Blight.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”