Mini 1732 - Super Smash Bros. Project M(afia) - D7!

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 354, Tails wrote:@Lickity: Why are you refusing to answer my questions?

Really? What questions am I avoiding answering?

In post 447, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 438, LicketyQuickety wrote:The problem with this post and the fact that GL didn't make a stance on me is that they weren't even going to provide reads until I asked them for one read and then they preceded to give a read on almost half the game. I feel GL is prolly avoiding pressure but don't know if this means he is Town or Scum here.

I'm a bit slow to offer a lot of meaningful thoughts until I have them, but I have tried to answer every question/argument thrown my way. If you feel I'm avoiding pressure, feel free to give me more of it.
Currently do not want to lynch {All Alone, smiffle, Metal Sonic, probablyyyy Xtomx} today. MM is mostly in that bloc too although his posts today have been ridiculous.

That's my point exactly. You've responded to everything, even minor stuff. I see that as not wanting pressure on you.

Not lynching Xt is pretty obvious and the fact that you even have doubt about this is a little off putting.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:34 pm

Post by smiffle »

Lion, the vote still doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I see we are at an impasse, so meh. Your strategy is really time-based and dependent on the collective town. I can't wait for everyone else, so I make my own decisions and roll with them.

You're promising a whole lot. I hope you deliver.

To follow this up: now that you have your vote on Dav, now what? Are you going to push him?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 450, LicketyQuickety wrote:That's my point exactly. You've responded to everything, even minor stuff. I see that as not wanting pressure on you.

Walk me through this one. I'm responding to things people ask me or things people say about me, therefore that's scummy? Would I look more town to you if I just lurked it out?

In post 451, smiffle wrote:Your strategy is really time-based and dependent on the collective town. I can't wait for everyone else, so I make my own decisions and roll with them.

You're promising a whole lot. I hope you deliver.

To follow this up: now that you have your vote on Dav, now what? Are you going to push him?

Yeah, it is time-based, but it's also a slow game :). My play stems from trying not to drive mislynches if I can avoid it. I've tried playing like you before, but I've found I wind up confbiasing and tunneling.

Dav hasn't really given me a lot to work with. Look at his ISO, very little of it is reads or arguments with players. I don't see a reason to move my vote yet and I'll be watching what he does closely. However, as the game goes on, if we start drumming up a wagon on some of my other suspects (Tails or W-nl are the main two at the moment) and I've seen enough from Dav, I might hop there for more pressure. Or someone else could do something absurdly scummy that compels me to vote for them instead. Mario almost got me with that terrible logic of "GL defending LQ means LQ (a former MM townread) is scum", but I decided it wasn't enough to negate my townread on his earlier play.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by All Alone »

In post 215, Davsto wrote:honestly I still prefer whatsisname I'm voting

confirm vote

In post 205, Davsto wrote:Speculating which alignment Mario is purely because he's Ascetic is stupid. End of.

In post 215, Davsto wrote:I'm not gonna put MM in conftown or anything for that claim but definitely leaning town.

confirm vote

In post 269, Davsto wrote:
In post 263, smiffle wrote:
In post 215, Davsto wrote:I wanna say that LQ is scum but honestly I still prefer whatsisname I'm voting (sue me) and I still think there's a chance that LQ is just dim, to put it politely. He seems genuine in believing I should be able to summon more about that ascetic.

Hey, considering that All Alone pointed out the terrible reason you voted me to begin with, why are you still on my wagon?

I tend to trust myself more than I trust others whose alignments I am unaware of. Not because I think I'm "better", but because I know my reads come from a town perspective. I have no idea on All Alone's motives.

confirm vote

In post 412, Davsto wrote:
In post 411, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 409, Davsto wrote:*series of text completely unrelated to me*
*vote on me*
???

[snip]

Oh lovely, the best kind of read. Like seriously, this is just yeh.

I'm becoming rather fond of naked votes, they make people react in informative ways. Do you think people will seriously lynch you just because of my vote?
One game I got quicklynched in about fifteen minutes from one super-scummy vote. I get worried.

confirm vote
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by smiffle »

All alone, what's your read on Gl?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

Sorry guys. I've been sick in bed. I'll work on doing some catchup after I get some medicine in my system either tonight or tomorrow. Major Pitfall of being busy is working myself half to death.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:28 pm

In post 452, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 450, LicketyQuickety wrote:That's my point exactly. You've responded to everything, even minor stuff. I see that as not wanting pressure on you.

Walk me through this one. I'm responding to things people ask me or things people say about me, therefore that's scummy? Would I look more town to you if I just lurked it out?

I'm glad your asking about this because it would be highly Sus if you didn't. Basically I'm saying that because you have responded to everything means that you are not wanting to look rebellious (terrible word here, but I hope the point is known).

Also, I'm not really saying it is Scummy, just something to be aware of. I do actually have you as a Town lean currently.

I just ask about this because I think it should be covered. It may just be a playstyle thing and not indicative of alignment but it help to know this stuff since it could be means for a meta read if you do it as only Scum or only Town.

smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by smiffle »

Take it easy, bro

Glad to see you're making amends to end your lurking.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:34 pm

@Smiffle, would like to know your thoughts on my last few posts.

smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by smiffle »

Nothing really inspiring for me to comment on in the first place.

In post 445, LicketyQuickety wrote:I may be sheeping Xt if they catch scum early this game but will have to feel it out first.

Too early to say a lot on wanderer. They're attempting to enter the game on a good note, but it was really enh... Xtomx called scum and voted that asap, I say wait till the guy even gets a vote on the board before judging him that harshly.

In post 450, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 354, Tails wrote:@Lickity: Why are you refusing to answer my questions?

Really? What questions am I avoiding answering?

In post 447, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 438, LicketyQuickety wrote:The problem with this post and the fact that GL didn't make a stance on me is that they weren't even going to provide reads until I asked them for one read and then they preceded to give a read on almost half the game. I feel GL is prolly avoiding pressure but don't know if this means he is Town or Scum here.

I'm a bit slow to offer a lot of meaningful thoughts until I have them, but I have tried to answer every question/argument thrown my way. If you feel I'm avoiding pressure, feel free to give me more of it.
Currently do not want to lynch {All Alone, smiffle, Metal Sonic, probablyyyy Xtomx} today. MM is mostly in that bloc too although his posts today have been ridiculous.

That's my point exactly. You've responded to everything, even minor stuff. I see that as not wanting pressure on you.

Not lynching Xt is pretty obvious and the fact that you even have doubt about this is a little off putting.

I see that as just being thorough.

The last sentence is a bit incoherent, but it seems you're concerned that he has doubt on Xt because he's your town read...
Not much there.

In post 456, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 452, GuiltyLion wrote:

I'm glad your asking about this because it would be highly Sus if you didn't. Basically I'm saying that because you have responded to everything means that you are not wanting to look rebellious (terrible word here, but I hope the point is known).

Also, I'm not really saying it is Scummy, just something to be aware of. I do actually have you as a Town lean currently.

I just ask about this because I think it should be covered. It may just be a playstyle thing and not indicative of alignment but it help to know this stuff since it could be means for a meta read if you do it as only Scum or only Town.

Again, GL is just being thorough. He even said in a response to me that he's trying to answer all the questions to the best of his ability at this point in the game. I don't really see that as a scum read, let alone a base for a meta read.

Your line of questioning is pretty meh...
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by smiffle »

I'm having trouble interpreting All Alone's post, instead of someone translating it to me, it would be cool if he could show up and make an actual post instead of the same repeated thing tacked onto a bunch of quotes.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 432, smiffle wrote:I've never played a game with Lickety before, and, since meta is terrible, looking up his meta would be an enormous waste of time. I can tell you this: he's scummy in this game right now, and that's all that matters.

a++++++++++++++++++++++++++

smiffle is boosted to high town

congratulations
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:05 pm

@Smiffle, would it be better if I ask obvious questions to ask? If I do that you might say that they are obvious questions so they are meh. I take an alternative approach and I think you think in terms too black and white tbh. It makes it seem like if I ask a question that doesn't have to do with immediately solving who Scum/Town are that its a bad question, and its really not.

I will also say that me, as a person, do not like doing the run of the mill type stuff. I rather be a little weird than be perfectly normal and that is reflected in my play in the game of mafia as well.

Last thing to say here. I like asking unpredictable/not normal questions because its a lot harder for Scum to know how to answer them.

PEdit: OK, so it looks like since someone agrees with you it makes them town. Noted.

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 460, smiffle wrote:I'm having trouble interpreting All Alone's post, instead of someone translating it to me, it would be cool if he could show up and make an actual post instead of the same repeated thing tacked onto a bunch of quotes.

translation: davsto is scummy as fuck and you should vote him

i do not necessarily share the same opinion but meh
oopsies! haha!

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:11 pm

In post 463, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 460, smiffle wrote:I'm having trouble interpreting All Alone's post, instead of someone translating it to me, it would be cool if he could show up and make an actual post instead of the same repeated thing tacked onto a bunch of quotes.

translation: davsto is scummy as fuck and you should vote him

i do not necessarily share the same opinion but meh

O.o

I actually agree with Smiffle on this one. I don't like it when people coast through a game on a single read. Its so easy to do as Scum since if their wrong they can just end up saying "Oops."

smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by smiffle »

In post 462, LicketyQuickety wrote:@Smiffle, would it be better if I ask obvious questions to ask? If I do that you might say that they are obvious questions so they are meh. I take an alternative approach and I think you think in terms too black and white tbh. It makes it seem like if I ask a question that doesn't have to do with immediately solving who Scum/Town are that its a bad question, and its really not.

I will also say that me, as a person, do not like doing the run of the mill type stuff. I rather be a little weird than be perfectly normal and that is reflected in my play in the game of mafia as well.

Last thing to say here. I like asking unpredictable/not normal questions because its a lot harder for Scum to know how to answer them.

PEdit: OK, so it looks like since someone agrees with you it makes them town. Noted.

Weird an unexpected questions are fine if they catch scum off-guard. It really depends on how you interpret the answer/ what you expected the answer to be.
That exchange of posts just seemed bland and dead-end. They don't strike me as odd, nor do they look like anything that could result in you finding something alignment indicative.

Being direct with people is good too, ya know.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by smiffle »

Why am I discussing strategy/theory anyway?

Now that's a good question.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

because all lickety talks about is strategy and theory

which is what tails was complaining about
oopsies! haha!

smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:46 pm

Post by smiffle »

I admit, it was a bit derailing, but w/e

Back to the game, looking at some of Dav's recent posts: why is he all touchy-feely? F.I.: he was all like: "it makes me nervous when people get my meta wrong." or "there was this one vote that made me worried." I think there are other instances of this, but no one actually cares, Dav, unless you do something about it.

It's not even AtE, it's just him being awkward at explaining himself. Why is he even explaining himself?
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:50 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

i have dave meta, i can differentiate between him town and scum. right now the read isnt conclusive so i wont put vote yet
oopsies! haha!

smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by smiffle »

It's not even a meta question, it's just a question of "what reason does he have to be weird right now?"

inb4 dav ur weird
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

dav ur weird
oopsies! haha!

smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by smiffle »

Dav's kinda passive right now, I want to see him actually do some shit.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by smiffle »

oh wait, lots of people in this game are passive. w/e
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by smiffle »

oh wait, lots of people in this game are passive. w/e

mafia scum is shitting on me atm by being slow

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”