Newbie 442 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:09 am

Post by IH »

Slight FoS:Peter

Probably going to reread. Apologies for not being here. I had already given my opinion of CLA I believe. I personally had no read on him, as a lurker who won't post isn't necessarily town or scum.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:47 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Thank god I'm alive.

Roleclaim:
Cop
Result:
: Guilty

Vote: White
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:48 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

and yes, I know this is lynch and lose. Thank god I know that White's scum.
VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:53 am

Post by VampanezeHunter »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Sorry for Spamming but this is the billionth time I've been NKed! Bah Humbug! GO TOWN!
"...Unvote you Moran..."- SomeStrangeFlea
"...Lag is so much worse in real life than in computer games, if you don't believe me then look at Jesus--it took him three *days* to respawn after he died..."- Khelvaster.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:30 am

Post by Snix »

so, without even an FOS you role claim? This means that if white is scum you die the next night and if white isn't scum we lose, right? And you want us to trust you?
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:25 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

I'm not sure what exactly to do here...

If I'm doing the odds right in my head I think Step 1 is confirmation that everyone has read LML's claim.

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:30 am

Post by Snix »

well I read it, and are skeptical, and you read it, and LML obviously read it..
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:53 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Thanks for clearing that up Snix.

-Peter
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by White »

Whoa whoa hold your horses. Thank you all for not voting me right off the bat.

LML, I can understand why you'd claim to investigate me based on Day 1, but i'm just a 'nilla townie. I suspected you all along of being mafia and now I know for sure. There are no decietfilled roles in C-9.

Now of course you're also going to claim me because you know i'm the most suspicious looking of all the town from Day 1. This is also why I wasn't NKed. Because I seem to have covered for the mafia with all my mess ups during Day 1. Why would the mafia kill someone that's shielded them for the most part?

LML, there has been no suspicion thrown toward yourself and yet you claim. There's been no suspicion thrown on me and yet you claim. Not only this but notice how your scum buddy didn't join you in voting me. Also notice, fellow townies, that i've not been lynched yet. If LML isn't scum then I should be dead because of the two other mafia. But i'm not dead.

LML, answer my question from Day 1,
what were the so many reasons to vote me early Day 1?
It makes sense you would jump on me after suspicion was shown in my direction early Day 1 because you were hoping for a quicklych. You almost got it too.

In light of this idea that you are mafia it also seems appearent why you jumped on CLA so quickly. You knew he wasn't mafia and you picked up the smallest suspicion and lead the town to lynching him. I held off my vote, I wouldn't do this if I were mafia.

Because of the evidence stated above and the knowledge that i'll need another townie to vote you before you get lynched i'm willing to vote you. That is coupled with the knowledge that you false role claimed a cop to try and get me killed which establishes you as mafia because i'm innocent.

I've stated a case against LML and i'm calling him Mafia. I'd like to see LML's case against me and let's hope it's stronger than a premature false role claim.

Vote: LoudmouthLee

I hope you can all see how this isn't OMGUS.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by White »

Personally i'm pretty suspicious of IH as LML's scum buddy. They never opposed each other once except in the beginning with a joke vote which is a known distancing technique (vote your scum buddy early on so you can say you voted for him). In addition, IH defended LML when he wasn't around.

It also makes sense that those two are scum buddies because IH is the only person that hasn't posted yet and naturally LML's scum buddy would try and get others to believe in LML's RC and lynch me.

Notice how just after Peter votes me IH jumps and makes it a bandwagon with hardly a valid reason. Then 2 posts later with post 28 LML jumps on the bandwagon but see's his error on putting me at -1 so early and catches that he'd be very suspicious so he retracts his vote. Then in his VERY NEXT post he calls me hypocritical and OMGUS's me for OMGUSing him. He puts me at -1 in the middle of PAGE 2!! Page 2.

Then he carry's the Kill White torch for pages until he then offers a fresh start but continues to ignore my request for all the reasons to vote me. I believe the fresh start manuever was a way to try and get out of my question for further information and a way to neglect his blunders and personal vendetta against me by making him look like the big man.

Notice that with me at -1 so early it's very likely that the other scum would've hammered had he either been a newbie or had he not been voting me already. This key juncture was the thing that made me stop thinking Peter was scum, because he then unvoted me.

IH's next post then defends LML, attacks my arguments and attempts to discredit someone who defends me (Snix). Not only this but he also doesn't remove his vote from me even though I addressed the reason he voted for me.

I can see these two being scum partners more than anyone else.

I would ask you all, if i'm scum, who's my scumbuddy?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:22 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I am the cop. I investigated you. You're guilty.

There's nothing to FoS. White is Guilty. He obviously needed to post his OMGUS vote and try to make it look pretty.. but I am the cop. I got my result.

There is no point listening to White right now (as, if we don't have a doctor)
Doctor: Please do NOT come out
. I will most probably be dead tomorrow.

However, if we have a doctor, and I am protected, we're on easy street (and we'll WIN this game, townsfolk!) Here's how:

If we have a doctor (
Again, Please, do NOT come out
), and the Mafia tries to kill me, I will be protected.

4 alive, 1 scum left.

If I'm protected again (which I obviously would be) and I get an innocent, we no lynch and the Mafia will be FORCED to kill someone else! Leaving me alive as the cop (proven on White's death) and 2 people. One of which I will either have a guilty or an innocent role with.

If we don't have a doc, you need to look back on White's reactions D1, since I will be targeted and killed.

Confirm Vote: White

Let's lynch this scum.

PS: I don't feel the need to make a case on White. I am the cop, and he is scum according to my investigation. Sanity is NEVER an issue in Newbie Games.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by White »

LML, deal with my accusations? If you can diffuse the issues brought against you then you'll be sure to win the town to your side.

But as I see above you've said nothing but "Come on guys! We need one townie vote and Snix or Peter are the only ones that can do it before I win this game!"

You have dealt with nothing and added nothing new. But instead you ignored the points I brought against you and didn't defend yourself from the points brought against you by others.

Right now you're just digging a hole for yourself because you've gotta get the other two protown peeps to vote and you're not allieviating any of their concerns.

I do agree with LML on one thing though, if we have a doc
please do not come out

LML, stop dogding questions and deal with the stuff brought against you! Stop making plea's to emotion and stop attacking when you can't even defend yourself!

Your first two posts on Day 2 included "thank god" twice. You've not said that every before in this game. You make it sound like this commendable thing when in reality you either got lucky or are mafia.

Deal with the stuff brought against you LML! You can't, because you've messed up and don't have an explanation. But when you look at it from my perspective everything fits. I messed up in the beginning and you are mafia with IH.

LML!! WHO IS MY SCUM BUDDY??? Since you proclaim to know i'm guilty then why don't you help the town and get as much information out of today as you can? What do you lose? Rather what possibly do you gain by speeding through today? You gain the game because you know i'm town. If you were really town you'd want to find out who the other scum was today so you could lynch him tomorrow, not speed through today and possibly lose the doc tomorrow. That's not at all protown.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

LML!! WHO IS MY SCUM BUDDY??? Since you proclaim to know i'm guilty then why don't you help the town and get as much information out of today as you can? What do you lose? Rather what possibly do you gain by speeding through today? You gain the game because you know i'm town. If you were really town you'd want to find out who the other scum was today so you could lynch him tomorrow, not speed through today and possibly lose the doc tomorrow. That's not at all protown.

There is no point speeding through today. I am just alerting the town to my plan. You're definately scum.

To the town (this excludes White, obv)-

I am the Cop. It only makes sense I would investigate White. Think about it. I beg of all of you to look for Cop breadcrumbs. They're there. If I need to spell them out, I will.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:55 pm

Post by Snix »

white wrote: LML, there has been no suspicion thrown toward yourself and yet you claim. There's been no suspicion thrown on me and yet you claim. Not only this but notice how your scum buddy didn't join you in voting me. Also notice, fellow townies, that i've not been lynched yet. If LML isn't scum then I should be dead because of the two other mafia. But i'm not dead.
You do know that this could also mean you are mafia.. it isn't a one way street. Technicaly, it could be more of an indication to your non-innocence. Because everyone left has seen it and so LML's SB (scum buddy) should have also voted..

Here's the deal.. he claimed.. he said he was cop... in a very un-needed fashion but he still did it. There has been suspicion of you all along from some people. If we lynch you and he was wrong then we're doomed right? If we lynch him and we were wrong we're doomed still, right? So either way we're screwed if we're wrong.. And he did claim cop. Which means I'm more inclined to follow him.
vote: white
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:58 am

Post by White »

Who's my scum buddy? I'm innocent and you're handing this game to LML.

LML, spell out those cop breadcrumbs for me. I'd like to see them.
I could just as easily claim Cop and claim IH is scum right? Or claim to be Doc and I protected Peter right? No, i'm innocent but i'm just a townie.

Snix, if you're more inclined to follow him, why don't you wait until more information has been presented? Why hurry the day along with only a "more inclined" vote?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:13 am

Post by Snix »

Your Scum buddy could be Peter or IH, we don't know. And if LML is cop then the answer will show itself tomorrow. I'm willing to trust him, it was a brash thing to do but if it works I'll commend him for it.

You could claim doc or cop, it would just help confirm my suspicions.

It isn't 'more inclined' it's more like gut feeling mixed with logic. If he were scum you'd have three votes on you and be gone right? Because for scum to win they have to work together, and so far it doesn't seem that way. On the other hand if you were scum you'd have the current votes you do because A) you're not going to vote for yourself and B) Neither is your buddy.

Yes all this logic does hinge on the fact that I'm town. But sense I know that it works for me. Don't point it out, because I just did it for you, white.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:24 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

vote White

-Peter
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:56 am

Post by White »

Well, scum wins.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:59 am

Post by White »

It was fun to play with you all and this was overall I think a good game. I learned quite a bit. Thanks for the helpful tips and I look forward to playing with you all at some other point.

Kudos on winning a townie or two over to your side LML, I really didn't think you had that strong an argument and you still didn't deal with any of the issues I brought up against you but it seems my blunders in the beginning ultimately killed me in the end.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

LML and I are scum.

@White> This game would have been very different if CLA had been actively playing. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. I was fairly concerned about hammering CLA and I kept putting it off. His self-hammer gave the town absolutely no information to work with day two.

I think the proper way to respond to LML's claim would have been patience. A real cop would not have counterclaimed, instead, he would vote on the false cop and wait out the result. If it looked like the town was going to lynch the false town target, the real cop could have spoke up and put a stop to it.

Snix> you should not have put your vote on White without hearing from IH first.

-Peter
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:08 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

It is, wholly possible, that IH is the cop.

I actually wanted to kill white, as if he WAS the cop, I was sure to be investigated.

I didn't get immense cop tells from anyone in this game, so I assumed my read was indeed correct and if White wasn't a cop, no one was.

@PV - I'm unsure how true that is. It's a very dangeous game to play when you are a cop and the false one comes out. One misvote, and as you did, the scum swoops down.

If I were a real cop, I might have not waited. I would have argued that you posted once, didn't claim cop, and then decided it would be wise to counterclaim to save your partner.

Regardless, good game.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:10 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I really didn't think you had that strong an argument and you still didn't deal with any of the issues I brought up against you but it seems my blunders in the beginning ultimately killed me in the end.
Even if you would have caught me, White, PV would have killed Snix, leaving you with PV, yourself and IH. I think you would have mislynched there.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:46 am

Post by White »

I think you're right. I really was thinking an IH LML scum team and Peter really made me think he was clean until he hammered me. Looking back on it now it all fits better if he was scum and you were scum.

I think i've got some of this down so if you're ok with it I wouldn't mind meeting you in another game some day. Is that a problem LML?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:58 am

Post by Snix »

Wow, I killed the town didn't I?

I was Doc BTW. I chose IH first night because I figured he would be the first gone, him being so helpful. Why'd you pick Vamp instead? I never got that and it kinda threw me towards IH being scum.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:03 am

Post by White »

Yeah you did lol, but no worries. That's what newbie games are for. I think i'd suggest butting your head in some more and joining in the game more as this time you spend a lot of time on the edges of the game.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”