Mr.PiGG
Townie
Mr.PiGG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Mr.PiGG »

you forgot to bold it :P
I'd like to see YYCguy say something. Gorgon the case that I made of him early was strictly trying to get him to defend himself. Maybe he didnt fake the dice roll(i've never used the dice thing myself) but I was wondering why he is leaving his vote on d3sisted.
And always remember my brother, one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, knick knack, paddy whack, give a dog a bone, two thousand, zero, zero, party, oops! Out of time, my bacon smellin' fine. Pharaconvict "don't be a menace"
YYCguy
YYCguy
Townie
YYCguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:00 pm

Post by YYCguy »

I don't really have a lot to say, right now. Most of the recent discussion has been a lot of meta-game stuff that doesn't mean a lot to me. No one's been saying anything that has struck me as particularly suspicious .. other than your completely false claim that I faked a dice roll (which you can't do).

Also, if you were paying attention, you'd see my vote's not on d3sisted. It's on Hang 'em High, at the moment.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Mr. Pigg isn't looking to great right now. First he accuses the dice, then he's misreading YYCguy's votes.

And also:
Mr. Pigg wrote:d3sisted: came to his own defense just a wee bit to defensively?
If I'm going to be defending myself, I'm going to do it convincingly and assertively. Not some half or three-quarter assed incoherent shit that no one will buy, but real substance, real points. But, well, since you mention it, tell me in detail what exactly made my post sound "a wee bit too defensive", please.

And lastly, distad pulled a pretty quick vote/unvote, I'll be keeping that one in mind.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

fyi, i dont think switching votes alot in this sort of game, is scummy. I mean, the best play for town in such a setup is probably alot of quick pressure wagons in order to try and trap scum. The Mafia realise that with a game like this, the town will likely need to run someone up quickly, and they obviously will panic if they accumulate a vote or two. Distads vote switching is probably an example to be followed.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Gorgon »

I agree with BM. This is a very quick game, and we need to check out everyone by putting pressure on them. The deadline is not far away, and there is still no clear candidate for a lynch, that I can see.

That said, I find that some of Mr.PIGG's comments are questionable. This may sound like major OMGUS, but I for instance don't like how he said that I had 'gotten on the d3sisted bandwagon' ... is putting a second vote on someone 'getting on the bandwagon'? I'm not sure I agree.

Also, as YYCguy pointed out, Mr.PIGG neglected to notice that YYCguy was no longer voting for d3sisted.

Unvote: d3sisted

Vote: Mr.PIGG
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:13 am

Post by distad »

Antipathy... dice rolled an 8, huh?

Where?

(I know he's essentially absent, but we've got to do something to get him in here. Deadline on Friday!!!)
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:25 am

Post by Gorgon »

Man - I just noticed that SurveySays hasn't even checked in! Someone should have asked for a prod much earlier ... he just kind of slipped through the net.

Also, Antipathy needs to be prodded, if this hasn't been done already. Prolonged absence is inexcusable in this game.

Just to fuel the flames of conspiracy, Antipathy voted for SurveySays, saying that a 'calculator' provided the randomness, as distad pointed out. Possible distancing combined with lurking?

I dunno, but I certainly don't like their absence ... they need to say something before the deadline, preferrably sooner than later.

Mod, can you prod Antipathy and SurveySays, please?

Also ... a vote count would be nice at this point
SPAG
SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:35 am

Post by SPAG »

Current Vote Count

Mr. Pigg 2 - Sonicpulsar, Gorgon
Battle Mage 1 - Hang 'em High
Gorgon 1 - d3sisted
Hang 'em High 1 - YYCguy
d3sisted 1 - Vampeneze Hunter
SurveySays 1 - Antipathy
YYCguy 1 - Mr.PiGG

Both SurveySays & Antipathy will be sent prods and will have 24 hours to respond othwerwise they will be replaced.

Also, deadline can be extended by 2 days if requested by at least 4 people.
The trouble with learning from experience is that the test comes first and the lesson afterwards.

Sean aka SPAG
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i'm not sure how necessary a deadline extension is here, but seeing as we aren't near deciding a lynch, and have 2 people to hear from yet, it is probably wise to take those 2 extra days.

Vote: Deadline Extend
Show

Nightkilled - 10

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:47 am

Post by distad »

Vote: Deadline Extension
I can't figure why anyone would NOT want to do this. If we get to a lynch before it, fine, if not, let's use the extra time.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:56 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Day 1 lynches are usually difficult and I expect it to be more so in a speed game. Even so, I'm really struggling to come up with anything except the weakest of theories on which to base my vote. I think we need the extra time.

There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:59 am

Post by distad »

mod
: if we end up getting 2 replacements, could we get an extra day or two in addition to this extension for their benefit? I'd like to keep to the "speed" theme, but I'd also like it to at least be fair for them.

Yes if we need replacements I shall add one more day onto the end. I would not normally do this but in that circumstance it would be best for the game
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:01 am

Post by Gorgon »

And 4 clinches it ...

Given the current state of this game, I don't forsee a sensible lynch tomorrow. Two extra days certainly won't hurt.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:12 am

Post by distad »

So, I guess Sunday is now the deadline. We need those replacements asap.

I'd wager that neither are scum (meta-game reasons), but their input is certainly crucial.
SPAG
SPAG
Goon
SPAG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:02 am

Post by SPAG »

Deadline is now Sunday, 3pm (would have said 10am but i am playing 'soccer')

As for replacements, I'm giving the pair of them 24 hours to post. If they don't they're for the chop ;)
The trouble with learning from experience is that the test comes first and the lesson afterwards.

Sean aka SPAG
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:05 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

distad wrote:I'd wager that neither are scum (meta-game reasons), but their input is certainly crucial.
Could you please explain your meta-game reasons for thinking they're innocent?
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:18 am

Post by distad »

Sure. People TEND (and that is the key word... it's only tendencies, not proof!) to need replacements for inactivity or requests. Inactivity is often due to apathy (although limited internet access is a legitimate concern). Players tend to remain interested in games when they have power roles (and even more often when scum as opposed to cop/doc/etc). Requests happen for a number of reasons. Most of these are offline concerns. Occasionally, they are because a player has committed to too many games and they have to choose which to stay active in. Far more often than not, they will choose games where they have a power role as opposed to a vanilla town role.

It's not proof by any stretch. I usually try to avoid meta-gaming in interest of the actual game, but it does always sit in the back of my mind.

As an aside, SPAG... you might be the only Brit I've ever known to call it 'soccer'. For shame...
I called it soccer so some of you won't confuse it with that silly game that you american's play ;)

As for the extension, I will try REALLY hard to make it online Saturday night before the deadline (it's 7 hours for me, so I can't count on Sunday morning). I'm going to the 'football' :wink: national game of the week on Saturday (Cal vs Tenn -- Go Bears!) and might not be sober upon return. I will probably put a vote out prior to the game, just in case, but I definitely intend to evaluate my position prior to the deadline. Just, FYI for everyone.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

hmm... i can't say that i think your reasoning is absolutely reliable. In my personal experience, it can often be scum who go inactive, and replace out of games, simply because there is too much pressure on them to make good content. On the other hand, i do agree with you that, in this case, neither individual has suffered a great deal of pressure, and this is probably, if anything, a minor town tell.
Speaking of town tells, i find the following to be the absolute height of trustworthiness:
distad wrote:As an aside, SPAG... you might be the only Brit I've ever known to call it 'soccer'. For shame...
I called it soccer so some of you won't confuse it with that silly game that you american's play ;)
:lol:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:44 am

Post by distad »

Well... in all fairness... I played 'football'... but I still went to World Cup last year. Of course, we didn't fair as well as we did in Japan/Korea... My wife (who had never followed the game before) is very anxious to get to go to South Africa in 2010. Yup. I've got a keeper!

And BM, I didn't say it was necessarily reliable... it is just a tendency that I've seen.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

thats ok. its acceptable for people to use their own experiences to validate their suspicions. What isnt acceptable is someone using someone elses experiences as evidence for votes, because often the experience varies from person to person.

ooc-you went to Germany 06? What games did you see?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:58 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

I know I've been previously accused of meta-gaming and reading too much into the results, but here I go again. Let me say in advance that I know this is grasping at straws, but I'm going to put the findings out there since you never know what crumb of evidence might prove valuable.

Antipathy has only made two posts in the forum -- requesting to be in this game and his one post in this thread. I don't think we can read much into this since he's totally MIA -- it's not like he's given up this particular game in favor of others on the board. I wouldn't conclude that his absence makes him any more or less likely to be townie or scum.

SurveySays, on the other hand, has posted elsewhere in the forum since our game started. The night phase here started on the 22nd and SS made a number of posts on the 23rd. Our day phase started on the 24th and SS posted in another game on the 29th. In that post, however, SS made it sound like he had been away for a while and needed to catch up; he has not posted there since. Not much to conclude here, either. Perhaps his other game is more important since he checked their first, but the post there wasn't more than a quick check in. I'd say this means there is a
very
slight chance he is more likely to be a vanilla townie here, but honestly I'd really write this off entirely.

Short summary to a long post. I'd don't think we can conclude anything about Antipathy's or SurveySays' lack of activity. Oh, well -- it was worth a look.

Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:59 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

EBWOP: My last post was in response to post 92 -- the three subsequent posts were made while I was (slowly) typing.

distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:04 am

Post by distad »

US-Czech Republic in Gelsenkirchen. There were scalpers selling tickets for E400 each. We were in Munich for the Costa-Rica/Germany game, which was OFF THE HOOK! We didn't go to the game (impossibly expensive) but some friends of ours live there and we barbecued multiple pork products and drank beer all night. It was heaven.

They put up a screen at the old Olympic Stadium there to show the game live for people to stand in the park there and watch. They expected some 2-3k, but roughly 50k showed up. The whole atmosphere was electric. I mean... we saw a Costa Rican mariachi band in Munich!?!?!

Then we went up to Dublin and sat in a pub watching the US-Ghana debacle and Italy/CZ games. People out here in the states just can't fathom the intense passion involved with international 'soccer' inside and even outside the stadia in Europe. We don't have a parallel.

/end ooc
Sonicpulsar
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Sonicpulsar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:04 am

Post by Sonicpulsar »

I tend to meta-game as well, based on people who need replaced, etc. It's my opinion that people tend to do the following:

Scum/Power Roles: More inclined to lurk. They don't want to put themselves out there too much for fear of screwing up or saying something stupid. Thus, when given a situation where they don't feel like they can contribute much to the game (the last few posts), they'll tend to lurk rather than post. There's always the classic Lurking in Plain Sight as well. But I tend to find those players just annoying.

Vanilla: More likely to need a replacement. For whatever reason, people don't like to play vanilla. I find it the most entertaining (read: challenging) simply because you don't have any gadgets at your disposal. They're also more likely to be the "strong townies" simply because they tend to feel they have less to lose for the town if they screw up.

Now, I absolutely realize everyone and their sister can think up 50 people who these don't fit, no matter the circumstances, but I'm talking about generalities and tendencies.

/soapbox

At this point, I don't think we can read much into the two guys who might get replaced. There just hasn't been enough to go on.
"Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked." - Unknown

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”