pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 169, herrcombs wrote:Pistachi0n, what is your opinion of mykonian?

I disagree with the case based on "honestly." It's a semantics battle, I know I say it as town and scum, I haven't noticed it correlating with anything. It was okay on page 2 when all cases are reachy but by I think he should have moved on. But I like his responses and how he's challenging the accusations against him, also how he changed his mind on herr. Null/weak town.

In post 169, herrcombs wrote:Do you think there's any merit to the wagon on Garmr, which has already attracted several votes?

Obviously I think there's some merit, seeing as I'm on it.
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:39 pm

Post by herrcombs »

In post 175, pistachi0n wrote:seeing as I'm on it.

xD

it's been a long week
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by Garmr »

Tbh you can lynch me I'm not really an important power role just a bullet proof townie I was trying to draw attention to get someone to night kill me with a soft power role claim before but now I don't really care. My care factor for this game is zero. Because I didn't think anyone would be that retarded and mentally handicapped to follow with myko because of the word honestly.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by Garmr »

I'm having a two day break from this game then maybe i will a bit more motivated.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:16 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Why the heck would you claim bulletproof townie when no one had even commented on you being a power role?
Hieirama
Hieirama
Townie
Hieirama
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by Hieirama »

I just wanted to study a bit and there goes a few pages of discussion to catch up on.

In post 169, herrcombs wrote:
I can totally identify with Hieirama's feeling that as someone fresh out of the newbie queue, the pace of this game is noticeably faster. I can see how Hie is having a hard time jumping into discussions. However, I don't like the "Should I go back to lurking or?" bit in hie's . This on top of the questions imbedded in hie's readlist in , I think it could be a pretty easy way to feign scumhunting without actually trying to figure out the game. I'm fine with progressing that wagon. And a question to Hieirama: what would you consider to be the most interesting development so far in the game? Who is your top scum at this point?

It was sarcasm
I officially suck at everything joke related.

The popular
In post 24, Garmr wrote:Honestly don't see anything scummy so far

wins my interest. Not really the quote itself, but on how much attention its given.

I don't have any
strong
scumleans on anyone, bad feelings, go back and read my list.
"Logic is panic's prey."
-Kurama
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

With the random bp claim I'm now more confident in my vote on Garmr.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 160, mykonian wrote:
In post 158, implosion wrote:What is the scum motivation for this? It pretty much just invites/instigates myko to tunnel him forever. It seems way too cocky to reasonably post as scum when myko is the most active poster in the game. I can't imagine him posting this as scum who thinks that it'll get myko off his back. I can't imagine him posting it as scum who is so overconfident that they want to boast. If I see a good justification for scum posting this then I might join the Garmr wagon.

Momentum was decently against me at that point (decently quick wagon, 4 votes), and such wagons have gotten steam before, could have happened here. Dwlee pushes against it and by 120/121 from bbt, momentum is lost. I am pretty sure that sentence is garmr thinking he's in the winning position as long as I push against him, since people voted me for it. A high postcount isn't always beneficial for one's survival. So don't think garmr thinks he can get me off him, I think he believes he can get me lynched.

Eh. Still doesn't seem too likely to me. I can see it as possible but I don't feel like scum-Garmr would be that concerned with making a post like that. His claim is also town.

Also don't think Hiei is scum.
Hiei wrote:I made that readlist, you're right, to contribute a little bit more than a one-liner. I'm not sure how that's scum-oriented?
I'm not being helpful if all my opinions are all jumbled in my head. So why not share it, even if it's minor?
This is the fastest pace game I've played in. I do hate missing the boat.

This blurb felt genuine to me. It feels defensive in a genuine way. At the very least it assuages me of any feeling that Hiei's reads list was particularly scummy. Doing something like that in a fast-paced game to try to keep up as town seems reasonable to me. The "why an I not surprised at my wagon" line also felt not like something scum is likely to say.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

VOTE: Garmr
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by implosion »

Garmr is like 99% town. There's nearly zero reason for him to claim bulletproof townie here as scum. 177-178 is a genuine emotional outburst.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by implosion »

And I'm gonna be pretty mad if he gets lynched. I'm pretty rarely mad when townies who I townread are lynched but this is really really obvious. The scum motivation for making that claim by Garmr is to try to dissuade the growing suspicion towards him. There's no way that he would think claiming bulletproof townie would be a good way to do that as scum on page 8. He'd also have much less of a reason to be so emotionally charged as scum unless he's faking the emotion which is possible but seems very unlikely to me.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 185, implosion wrote:And I'm gonna be pretty mad if he gets lynched. I'm pretty rarely mad when townies who I townread are lynched but this is really really obvious. The scum motivation for making that claim by Garmr is to try to dissuade the growing suspicion towards him. There's no way that he would think claiming bulletproof townie would be a good way to do that as scum on page 8. He'd also have much less of a reason to be so emotionally charged as scum unless he's faking the emotion which is possible but seems very unlikely to me.

"Why aren't you dying?" - Bulletproof townie.
"Why shouldn't we lynch you?" - I'm important cause I'm bulletproof.

And on my home site there was someone who faked this huge emotional outburst and acted super pissed to get a win. Emotions can be faked over the internet.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:52 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 186, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 185, implosion wrote:And I'm gonna be pretty mad if he gets lynched. I'm pretty rarely mad when townies who I townread are lynched but this is really really obvious. The scum motivation for making that claim by Garmr is to try to dissuade the growing suspicion towards him. There's no way that he would think claiming bulletproof townie would be a good way to do that as scum on page 8. He'd also have much less of a reason to be so emotionally charged as scum unless he's faking the emotion which is possible but seems very unlikely to me.

And on my home site there was someone who faked this huge emotional outburst and acted super pissed to get a win. Emotions can be faked over the internet.

Don't get the first half of this post. As for the second half every case of something like this is different; my read of Garmr's emotional outburst as genuine is informed by a lot of things: his play so far, how early it is in the game, mykonian's general attitude, the way that Garmr posted it, my pre-existing townread on Garmr (which, by the way, is bolstered by the claim because of the nature of what I was townreading him for).
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by herrcombs »

I'm inclined to believe the BP claim. I also don't see why as scum, he would feel the need to do it this early. I've never done a mini game before, but wouldn't it be possible for some PR to confirm his role? It's alarming to me how his wagon is picking up steam instead of dying off.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:00 pm

Post by implosion »

I think my main interests in scumhunting at the moment lie in Felissan and pistachi0n. I think my working theory about this game is that the game so far has been largely driven by a pair of town wagons (Garmr, myko) and that there's a good chance of finding scum on both wagons. I like pistachi0n as scum a bit more than bbt. The vote's reasoning is a bit weird (not being able to see a reason when his post was right after mine decrying two people as scum).
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 187, implosion wrote:

Don't get the first half of this post. As for the second half every case of something like this is different; my read of Garmr's emotional outburst as genuine is informed by a lot of things: his play so far, how early it is in the game, mykonian's general attitude, the way that Garmr posted it, my pre-existing townread on Garmr (which, by the way, is bolstered by the claim because of the nature of what I was townreading him for).

The first half of my post was explaining why it's beneficial for him to claim bulletproof townie as scum.
I don't understand how straight out claiming a power role without it being necessary is townie.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by implosion »

I also think I like herrcombs and Dierfire as town.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 190, Dwlee99 wrote:

The first half of my post was explaining why it's beneficial for him to claim bulletproof townie as scum.
I don't understand how straight out claiming a power role without it being necessary is townie.

There's an important distinction between town and pro-town. Claiming bp townie here is distinctively not pro-town but if the town motivation for it is more likely than the scum motivation it should still be viewed as a towntell and I think that's the case. And as for your quotes... giving an excuse for not dying could be a reason to claim bulletproof townie (although I'd contend not this early). But the second...

Did you read his post? In the same post that he claimed bulletproof he explicitly said he didn't mind being lynched because he didn't see bp townie as an important role.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 192, implosion wrote:
In post 190, Dwlee99 wrote:

There's an important distinction between town and pro-town. Claiming bp townie here is distinctively not pro-town but if the town motivation for it is more likely than the scum motivation it should still be viewed as a towntell and I think that's the case. And as for your quotes... giving an excuse for not dying could be a reason to claim bulletproof townie (although I'd contend not this early). But the second...

Did you read his post? In the same post that he claimed bulletproof he explicitly said he didn't mind being lynched because he didn't see bp townie as an important role.

To me claiming a power role without prompt is scummy. Apparently we disagree on that, though.
And not minding being lynched isn't a town tell. People don't seem to understand scum can fake emotions and frustration.
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:26 pm

Post by herrcombs »

In post 180, Hieirama wrote:The popular
In post 24, Garmr wrote:
Honestly don't see anything scummy so far

wins my interest. Not really the quote itself, but on how much attention its given.

OK. So what interests you about it? Do you think the attention it's getting is revealing any information? Are any of your reads from developing as a result?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by implosion »

To me claiming a power role without prompt is scummy. Apparently we disagree on that, though.
And not minding being lynched isn't a town tell. People don't seem to understand scum can fake emotions and frustration.

The thing about not minding being lynched is that it explicitly contradicts your point that he could be claiming bulletproof townie so as to be able to say that he shouldn't be lynched because he's a power role. Which is observably false.

As for unprompted claiming: I think me seeing it as a towntell is above all else a matter of empirically seeing it come from town. The only other case that comes to mind is my last game where a town rolecop unpromptedly claimed on day two. That said, again, every case is different... but honestly (lol), this case is just really really obvious. Garmr is really obviously town. I'm going to be *extremely* surprised if I'm wrong on that read.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 192, implosion wrote:Did you read his post? In the same post that he claimed bulletproof he explicitly said he didn't mind being lynched because he didn't see bp townie as an important role.

That's what everybody says.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 196, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 192, implosion wrote:Did you read his post? In the same post that he claimed bulletproof he explicitly said he didn't mind being lynched because he didn't see bp townie as an important role.

That's what everybody says.

This line was a very specific response to a very specific point raised by Dwlee.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by implosion »

Specifically.

Dwlee said that Garmr was going to use the bp townie claim to disincentivize lynching him.

Which is impossible after he said he didn't care and that it was a weak role in the same point.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm particularly interested to see mykonian's take on the claim, incidentally.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”