Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by Numenorean7 »

Hi everyone, I'm replacing schismatized. I have already given the game a cursory read-through, but I will read it again and post my thoughts when I finish.
Political Correctness offends me.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:52 pm

Post by d3sisted »

I'm pretty sure that is just JDodge's play style. Pooky, however, I'm not so sure of.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:17 pm

Post by Numenorean7 »

This looks like it will be a fun game. It will be really hard to get anyone lynched...

Benhalkum/kerplunk: Was ben obvscum, insane townie, or clever Jester? I tend to favor the "insane townie" position, because I get the impression that ben was just playing like he always plays. Now he's been replaced by kerplunk, we'll be able to get a better read. Fairly neutral so far.

d3sisted: He has been flip-flopping all over the place. From what I've seen, this is his playstyle. However, I really don't like his vote of ryan. This wagon has no evidence other than defensiveness, and he put the fourth vote on. Not liking that at all.

distad: Fairly pro-town player as far as I can tell. Makes several good points, brings up scummy behavior.

JDodge: More content please.
FoS
for jumping on ryan's wagon.

Jex: Getting a pro-town read from her. Not incredibly prolific, but she posts a fair amount of reasonable content.

JimmyR: I see nothing in the rolefishing accusation against Jimmy other than ryan being his usual hyper-critical self. One thing that struck me is Jimmy R's comment
I'd be very surprised if any of the people who have replaced in are Jester as it's a pretty rare oppurtunity to play that role in a game like this and I wouldn't expect anyone having that to drop out without a very good reason.
This is reminiscent of the "replacements can't be Mafia" argument I've seen a number of times. I just wanted to point out that this is not true. For instance, some players might be frightened by being the Jester. They might not want to face the challenges associated with the role, and thus ask for a replacement, or not show up in the first place.

Pooky: I like Pooky's analysis of how to play in a Jester game. I have read it a couple times and I can't find any holes. I seriously doubt he is the Jester. However, I really don't like his blatant OMGUS/bandwagon vote of ryan. I am at a loss to explain why such an experienced player would do that, whatever his alignment. IGMEOY

ryan: ryan seems to be very aggressive, which given my past experiences with him counts as a point in his favor. He goes a little far with the JimmyR rolefishing accusation and flies off the handle when ssf points out the importance of context and other people pressure him. This does look a bit suspicious, but I'm much more concerned with the ryan wagon than with ryan himself at the moment.

SSF: I like his comment
somestrangeflea wrote:The thing about Mafia, is that if you're going to tell us that you have some big secret master plan that you aren't going to tell us, one of two things has to happen:
  1. It better be an incredibly good plan which gives results quickly.
  2. You're going to have to get used to a large number of people doubting your motives as a Townie
And I personally think that Number 2 is more likely...
and I agree with his stance on Jimmy, but he hasn't posted much content. Difficult to get a read.

In conclusion:
Vote: d3sisted

For putting the fourth vote on the fairly baseless ryan wagon without evidence or explanation.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:41 pm

Post by Jex »

unvote
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:47 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Numen, you act like it only takes 4 to lynch. We need 7. That's another 3 to jump on the wagon before we get a lynch.

The way you go through that entire thought process before voting me, when clearly there are other people who you deem are scummier than I am. What I'd like to know is, why aren't you voting them?

Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:48 pm

Post by Jex »

After reading over the past couple of pages, Jdodge and Pooky make me a little uneasy. It's been pointed out numerous times, but I don't like their lack of content and their willingness to jump on a bandwagon.

Ryan still makes me uneasy, but I don't feel he's at the top of my list right now, and I really don't like the escalation of the Ryan wagon. It happened way too quickly. The only other game I've played with Ryan he acted similarly to how he is now and he turned out to be scum. It may just be that he plays that way no matter the alliance, but I don't really know.

As for d3sisted: your logic doesn't make much sense to me. My first read of you puts you in a very bad light, but I'd like to go back and look more into your posts before I put a vote. Especially since you seem to be jumping into the limelight lately with your bandwagoning and such.

I'll do a reread of the game tomorrow, but for now it's bedtime.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:51 pm

Post by Jex »

d3sisted wrote:Numen, you act like it only takes 4 to lynch. We need 7. That's another 3 to jump on the wagon before we get a lynch.

The way you go through that entire thought process before voting me, when clearly there are other people who you deem are scummier than I am. What I'd like to know is, why aren't you voting them?
I know this post wasn't directed at me, but here's my thoughts on it.

The thing I don't like about you jumping on the wagon isn't that you are the 4th vote. 4 votes is fine, it puts pressure on the person. However, you voted for me for attacking ryan, then after two people (who have posted very little content) voted ryan as well, you were more than happy to jump on. Seems a little sketch to me.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:17 pm

Post by d3sisted »

You are misinterpreting my actions. At first I agreed with ryan, and while you were attacking ryan I found you scummy, so I voted you. But then I looked back at ryan's posts and they emited generous amounts of scum vibes, so I'm not focusing my attention on him.

Furthermore, I am not bandwagoning. I would've voted ryan regardless of JDodge and Pooky. Now, how is that a sketch?

ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:10 am

Post by ryan »

d3sisted wrote:I didn't base my vote entirely on what JDodge thinks, I also reread the thread and I think you're the scummiest at this point.

Your posts reek strongly of OMGUS right now, and I think the only reason that you FoS instead of Vote is that you're afraid I will call you on it.

This makes me even more certain that you are scum. My vote is permanent.
You are the one being very defensive about a FoS, why is that? Would you rather me drop a vote? You basically are reusing somebody elses theories and than saying, "yeah I re-read you are scum" how is that pro town? Content, post references, reasons, those I can buy and at least have something to defend, right now you are giving me nothing to defend, so don't drop a OMGUS type deflection, you haven't given me anything to defend so what should I talk about?
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:44 am

Post by Kerplunk »

ryan, I have never encountered such a dedicated poster as you. ;) (That's a compliment.) Although normally I would find that highly suspicious, but as Jex stated that this is your regular playing style: I am giving you the benefit of the doubt.

d3sisted gets scummier with every post. I'd be happy to lynch him.

I will be away this weekend. On monday I will post again.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Blue Zebra
Blue Zebra
Goon
Blue Zebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:52 am

Post by Blue Zebra »

ojpower has been replaced by Atticus.

Vote Count

ryan (3):JDodge, PookyTheMagicalBear, d3sisted
d3sisted (2): Kerplunk, Numenorean7
PookyTheMagicalBear (2): ryan, distad
Atticus (1): somestrangeflea

Not Voting: Nightfall, Jimmy R, Atticus, Jex

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:47 am

Post by ryan »

Kerplunk wrote:ryan, I have never encountered such a dedicated poster as you. ;) (That's a compliment.) Although normally I would find that highly suspicious, but as Jex stated that this is your regular playing style: I am giving you the benefit of the doubt.

d3sisted gets scummier with every post. I'd be happy to lynch him.

I will be away this weekend. On monday I will post again.
You can metagame me all you want, (or check my profile) when I'm in a game I contribute quite a bit.
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:45 am

Post by Numenorean7 »

d3sisted wrote:Numen, you act like it only takes 4 to lynch. We need 7. That's another 3 to jump on the wagon before we get a lynch.

I found your vote really scummy and I voted you for it. Who do you think I "clearly deem scummier than you"?
d3sisted wrote:Furthermore, I am not bandwagoning. I would've voted ryan regardless of JDodge and Pooky.
So you say.
Kerplunk wrote:ryan, I have never encountered such a dedicated poster as you. ;) (That's a compliment.)
ryan is always prolific. When he's town, his playstyle is very helpful to the town, as long as it doesn't get him lynched. :)
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:24 am

Post by d3sisted »

Kerplunk wrote:d3sisted gets scummier with every post. I'd be happy to lynch him.
Wow. Everyone is so eager to get on my case that you all just let this slide by the radars?

Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:30 am

Post by Atticus »

I will be posting when I can, but for now I'm reading.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:33 am

Post by ryan »

d3sisted wrote:
Kerplunk wrote:d3sisted gets scummier with every post. I'd be happy to lynch him.
Wow. Everyone is so eager to get on my case that you all just let this slide by the radars?
Kind of like people who disregard questions asked to them?
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:48 am

Post by d3sisted »

@Numen7: ryan comes to mind.

@ryan: I am not at all worried about getting an FoS. As for your question, how about your vote on Pooky? You single out one of the lurkers, and don't give any reason other than "a pressure vote". He may be lurking or inactive, but that
does not
necessarily mean he's scum at all.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:50 am

Post by d3sisted »

I'm also going to
unvote
now seeing as everyone seems to think ryan is town, and started attacking me for voting him.

Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Atticus »

Before I finish my read, I need to

He's the scummiest player I see.
He's eager to vote, opportunistically, and back off when seen.

His reasoning for most of his votes is,
"Yeah! I do see what so-and-so is saying! What'shisface
is
scum!"
Which I don't like.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by Atticus »

Basic thoughts on players, these are simply basics, what I get from them right now. What aura they emit. How I feel about them.

ryan:
Takes everything too seriously.

Pooky:
As usual, he doesn't post much, and doesn't post much content when he does. He's great as scum and town. And I can never tell which. But after being in the face-to-face Jester mafia with him and Dirge and everyperson, I'm going to call him probably town.

d3sisted:
Trigger-happy, not helpful to the town, defensive. Probably scum.

Jex:
Pretty posts. Makes sense, a bit swayed by others' posts.

Kerplunk:
I had no problem with benhaulkum's playstyle, and Kerplunk emits good vibes for now.

Numenorean:
Can't remember who he replaced.
One does not simply
walk
into Mordor!

SSF:
I get good vibes from him, as a plus, he made me laugh.

JDodge:
Not here.

Distad:
I will get his name confused with d3sisted.
His posts make sense to me, and I would be reluctant to lynch him for anything he has done as of yet.

Jimmy R:
Nothing of note. Rightfully defensive toward ryan.

Nightfall:
Who?
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:54 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Atticus wrote:Before I finish my read, I need to

He's the scummiest player I see.
He's eager to vote, opportunistically, and back off when seen.

His reasoning for most of his votes is,
"Yeah! I do see what so-and-so is saying! What'shisface
is
scum!"
Which I don't like.
Wow. You are really close-minded.
I am eager to vote and opportunistic because that is just my play style. I see someone scummy, and I'll vote for them. And I didn't just back off because I was "seen", I unvoted because ryan seemed a lot more town than he did before. That also doesn't mean that I think he's completely, town, there's still a chance that he might be scum.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:14 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

unvote

vote Atticus

welcome!
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:49 pm

Post by Numenorean7 »

d3sisted wrote:@Numen7: ryan comes to mind.
I do not consider ryan particularly scummy:
Numenorean7 wrote:ryan seems to be very aggressive, which given my past experiences with him counts as a point in his favor. He goes a little far with the JimmyR rolefishing accusation and flies off the handle when ssf points out the importance of context and other people pressure him. This does look
a bit suspicious
, but I'm
much more concerned with the ryan wagon than with ryan himself at the moment.
I never seriously considered joining the ryan wagon. IMO, he deserves one or two votes, not 4 and definitely not 5.
And just a tip: unvoting because your vote has been attacked is not the best way to get out of the situation.
Atticus wrote:Numenorean:
Can't remember who he replaced.
One does not simply
walk
into Mordor!
I replaced schismatized: the green elephant.
And the Last Alliance
marches
into Mordor. Does that count? :)

Prod: Nightfall
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:42 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Who said I'm trying to get out of a situation? Like I said, I unvoted because I don't think he's as scummy as he was a while ago.

Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:58 pm

Post by Numenorean7 »

d3sisted wrote:I'm also going to
unvote
now seeing as everyone seems to think ryan is town, and started attacking me for voting him.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”