Goon
HazzelQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:54 am

Post by HazzelQ »

Stewie wrote:
HazzelQ wrote:
So, my tactic was going in circles AND I were not getting any meaningless results.
I think you mean to say you weren't getting any meaningful results.
*off topic*
English lesson, please. "Weren't" = "Were not" ?

*/off topic*
HazzelQ
HazzelQ
Goon
HazzelQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:55 am

Post by HazzelQ »

ah *I'm stupid stupid and I was tired :D* I se now. worry, yes, you are correct. meaningful. sorry :D
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:39 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

xyzzy replaces Ninja

looking for replacement for DeepSouth
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:02 am

Post by Mirth »

Sorry, when I got back from the doctors yesterday, I collapsed. Here is the massively long post I promised. This is more for my reference though. Helps me keep a readthrough straight if i take notes. My comments in parathesis

Post analysis starting from the beginning:
--
0. Pooky announces rules.
1. Pooky says we can start.
2. Kinetic joke votes Pooky.
3. CKD says he hates random votes, votes Heatherlou by reason of evil exgirlfriend.
4. MGM blasts improper spelling, votes D3sisted, says he's keeping an eye on Ninja
5. CKD joke posts something about Ninja's name
6. I vote Kinetic because I don't see a point in voting the mod.
7. D3sisted votes MGM for voting him and not M4yhem
8. MGM adds to the joke reason
9. Heatherlou votes Stewie. something about family guy?
10. Stewie votes Ninja.
11. MGM mentions that dogs are dangerous and to watch out for CKD
12. Pooky announced the SK's first victim, D3sisted
13. CKD says he hoped the SK would have waited longer. Wants to know about page 1 timing. Says he thinks SK probably keeping quiet. unvotes Heather, votes DeepSouth for pressure.

(Well I have to say that page 1 timing = pretty much the only way to go for the SK. Pointless question that started all the pointless discussion)

14. Kinetic says he half expected it. 7 day deadline to lynch before he kills. Thinks killing mafia bad for SK.

(don't really get this)

15. MGM votes CKD
16. CKD says he thought SK could only lynch if 7 days *and* lynch occured
17. CKD asks MGM why vote for him.
18. Kinetic says SK can kill in 7 days or lynch.
19. CKD says he gets it now. Thinks SK just realized game started, but request might have been in modbox for a while.
20. CKD wants to hear from everyone.
21. I ask CKD why DeepSouth. I ask MGM why CKD. I say that we'd probably better time our lynches on 7 day intervals.
22. MGM says he explained by CKD. Quotes post 11. Says he voted because there was no point in voting for the dead.
23. Kinetic mentions lynch deadline. Says he thinks SK posted already. Votes MGM

(Hmm I missed this vote before. Good thing I'm doing a read through).

24. Stewie says he doesn't understand Kinetic's post about a mafia kill blowing up in SK's face.
25. MGM asks Kinetic why he thinks the SK posted already.
26. I mention that MGM's reason for CKD came pre-kill and ask if he has any post-kill reasons for voting CKD.
27. Kinetic (answers Stewie) says SK has better odds if he killed townie (Why?). (Answers MGM) says its more of a hunch that SK posted before kill.

(possibly breadcrumbing?)

28. MGM (answers me) says he mentioned CKD as possible suspect, his hunch on d3sisted was right, so will continue to trust hunches. (answers Kinetic) thinks that its better for SK to kill mafia off first.
29. MGM says he has another hunch (response to Kinetic) that SK didn't post and wants to look like he wasn't there.
30. I unvote Kinetic, vote MGM. I don't like MGM's talk of CKD as a possible suspect because of how early we are in the game and because it seems like the d3sisted vote was a joke vote that just got lucky. I don't like hunches without anything to back them up.
31. I correct my vote tags.
32. DeepSouth apologized for being late, FOSs CKD for saying SK has not posted yet, thinks CKD might be the SK. Votes Raffles for not havig posted.

(Again, I missed this. Good thing I'm doing a read through. CKD didn't say that. He just said he didn't know how long the request was in the Mod's box for. He didn't say anything about posting yet. Should have questioned this vote.)

33. Heather says she thinks SK possibly hasn't posted yet, saw game started and sent in kill. Didn't post so as not to be questioned or pressured. Unvotes Stewie, votes M4yhem. (Assuming pressure to talk vote)
34. CKD explains vote on DeepSouth as lurker pressure, first one on list.

(So was DeepSouth's suspicion on CKD of the OMGUS variety? Or something else?)

35. CKD says DeepSouth's vote is silly, asks if he thinks the SK has posted and how often, and why Raffles and not Hazzel?

(This bothers me now, a bit, as CKD didn't correct DeepSouth's mistake in attribution. Asks a kind of dumb question.)

36. Stewie says CKD's last question is silly, and it's obvious DeepSouth picked one arbitrarily.
37. MGM (answers me) says it was pretty clear that vote was random too. Didn't say vote was on a hunch. Hunch was about SK posting

(er...no. Not what was said.)

38: CKD says questions not for Stewie, why did he answer them.
39: MGM asks why he asked the question
40: KCD asks which question. Says questions are good for town (unprompted), finds it interesting that Stewie answered a question not directed at him. Wants to hear reason from DeepSouth. Unvotes DeepSouth for posting, Votes Hazzel for posting in other threads but not this one.

(Why the unvote? I should mention I'm not a fan of vote jumping. Maybe this sleep stuff is good, as I can actually sort of focus now.)

41. MGM clarifies, says its the one about picking Raffls over Hazzel.
42. CKD wants to know method of picking.
43. MGM asks CKD's method of picking people to pressure.
44. Stewie says the only possible answer is to pick randomly.
45. CKD tells MGM to read his posts for reason of why he chose votes.
46. CKD says Stewie didn't answer why he answered a question for DeepSouth. Says DeepSouth might not have been random, might have metagamed, grudge etc.
47. MGM says Raffles was also posting, might have posted here.
48. Steweie says that it was a strupid question. Doesn't know if the vote is random, says the rest is arbitrary. (don't get how this word applied to CKD's reasons, but okay.)
49. CKD says that Raffles said he's on vacation, but Hazzel is still posting elsewhere.
50. DeepSouth unvotes Raffles, says he picked first person he saw, unvotes since Raggles is on vacation. Says that as to the how many times the SK posted, asks how many times CKD posted. Adds a smilie face.

(What the heck is the smilie for?)

51. I mention that MGM stated that his "hunch on d3sisted was correct" and didn't mention the SK in his replies. I disagree with Stewie, because mafia partners could vote for each other and that's not random.
52. MGM says thats the only answer he'll give because admitting scumminess isn't going to happen.
53. M4yhem votes me out of randomness/gut feeling.
54. I say that I didn't expect any other answer from DeepSouth but that Stewie shouldn't assume innocent motives.
55. MGM says Stewie correctly pointed out a dead end question. No problem with answering it if theres only one answer they'll likely give. Says its like claiming where you can pretty much only claim town in this game.
56. CKD says there are several possible answers, wanted to see DeepSouths answers, but Stewie answered instead.
57: CKD unvotes Hazzel, asks for a modprod, since Hazzel apparently doesn't know about this game.
58: CKD wants more conversation.
59: Raffles says he hasn't been pmed about this game. going to read through.
60. Raffles says its silly to think SK is lurking the who game, and metagaming is kind of useless.
61. MGM asks CKD to name alternate answers.
62. CKD tells MGM to read post 46.
63. MGM says he missed that post, and that a grudge is a valid reason.
64. Stewie says that a grudge would be arbitrary

(Is that really the right use of that word?)

65. MGM says we should get a target by deadline or we lose a head start.
66. I say that we don't need to lynch by this particular deadline as long as we make sure to line up lynches before timed kills. And that a speedy lynch might not be good. I mention that 7 out of 12 players posted before the first kill, so its statisticaly more likely the SK posted, that there's a 2 days lag between the thread being made and Pooky starting the game.
67. CKD isnt sure whas significant about posting before or after the kill.
68. I agree but mention that there's a one day window of oppurtunity for the first kill (between Pooky's game start post and the kill)
69. CKD says it probably wouldn't help to try and figure out why D3sisted
70. Stewie asks DeepSouth about the "joke" in response to the question about the SK posting. Asks anyone who thinks the SK posted why they think so.
71. MGM says we should talk more to analyze posts.
72. Hazzel/Jeep test posts.
73. Jeep confirms it was a test post.
74. MGM asks for a vote to help beat the deadline.
75. I ask MGM what he means
76. Hazzel test posts.
77. CKD asks if the problem's fixed.
78. Hazzel posts and apology, explains problem, asks mod for role pm.
79. Hazzel says Jeep figured it out, says he can't start until a Mod pm with a role.
80. CKD asks for a prod on Ninja.
81. Raffles says the SK probably sent the kill as a role PM reply, it was probably random.
82. Heather says that it probably was random as the SK doesn't really care who dies. Mentions that its hard to find scum with strict deadline.
83. I say that even so, the kill would have teken place after the mod's second post, try to start conversation by asking who is a bigger threat SK or mafia.
84. Kinetic says SK
85. Raffles comments on my typos (there shall be a lot more) says SK definately and reducing the killing is good for the town.
86. MGM says mafia because they win sooner, get rid of mafia more time to find SK.
87. MGM responds to my post from a while back, wants a lynch before deadline.
88. Hazzel says he'll read the thread now and see if he agrees with MGM
89. Hazzel says he read it. Says doesnt matter when the SK sent in his kill. Thinks MGM is the SK. Votes MGM. Thinks MGM voted for D3sisted then killed him as coverup. Thinks lynch before deadling is good.
90. MGM unvotes CKD
91. Hazzel asks no reason?
92. MGM says there's a reason but doesn't want to share yet

(MGM are you willing to share yet?)

93. M4yhem asks if its metagaming to point out the Hazzel is probably not the SK because he has an alibi. Could be mafia though.
94. Raffles says its likely but theres no evidence. Will probably buy it though since he got his pm so late.
95. MGM says he finds it hard to belive that Raffles got his pm so late. When did he get it?
96. MGM responds to M4yhem that yes it wa metagaming, but not necessarily bad metagaming.
97. Hazzel asks for comments on MGM vote
98. CKD says the he truly does not think Hazzel knew the game was on.
99. I comment on Hazzel's vote since I'm voting MGM at this point. Say i don't like MGM's hunch on d3sisted or way of answering. Wonder why MGM thinks mafia is more of a threat. Don't like reasonless unvotes. But I don't like Hazzel targeting MGM as the SK or trying to push a vote. Since mafia cant kill, we don't necessarily have to lynch once a week just mae sure to to time lynches. If we get enough for a lynch good, if not, we shouldn't push it.
---

I am not done yet. Still have a little more than 100 posts to go. Need to get some stuff done. Will get back to this a bit later. Sorry its taking me so long. Real life and exhaustion are getting in the way.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:41 am

Post by Mgm »

(MGM are you willing to share yet?)
No, not yet. It would still help the scum more than it would help the town.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
HazzelQ
HazzelQ
Goon
HazzelQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:46 am

Post by HazzelQ »

I think mgm are trying to imply he is a cop or something :D
HazzelQ
HazzelQ
Goon
HazzelQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:48 am

Post by HazzelQ »

really mgm, you don't know scwat that we don't know. Whats the reason? Nothing to do about information thats for sure!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:44 am

Post by Mgm »

That's not entirely true. There are several things I know and the rest of you don't and if you don't have an idea about what those things could possibly I'm not going to enlighten you. Your cluelessness is exactly what I want the scum to be stuck with.
Show
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:07 pm

Post by Mgm »

Come on people! Step up the pace. We're heading for the SK's killing day again.
Show
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:19 am

Post by Raffles »

Stewie wrote:
Raffles wrote:A quick post as I have to go to bed.

HazzelQ - I'll patiently await for your answers.

Stewie, how would you like to offer your two cents?
Here's what I think:

At least one of kinetic and hazzelQ is scum. I think HazzelQ is more likely, but only slightly, and I would change votes to beat the "deadline."
Also, I think MGM is town, and at least one of the people on him is scum.
Stewie: Any reasons?
Woof!
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:11 am

Post by Kinetic »

Mod can we get an extended SK deadline because College Classes start this week and I for one can't post almost at all? Maybe just a couple of days?
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:31 am

Post by Mgm »

An extension would be nice anyway since we need those replacements to make headway.
Show
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:53 am

Post by Stewie »

Raffles wrote:
Stewie wrote:

Here's what I think:

At least one of kinetic and hazzelQ is scum. I think HazzelQ is more likely, but only slightly, and I would change votes to beat the "deadline."
The argument between kinetic and hazzelQ kinda makes me suspicious of them. Having said that, I can't imagine both being scum. HazzelQ is slightly more likely because frankly, I don't buy that she confused this game with another game... twice.

Also, MGM is playing pro-town-like. I don't think the things several people pointed at him are really scummy.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:15 pm

Post by Mgm »

With 2 more days to go, I don't see anyone else qualify as lynch target and I'm obviously not going to vote myself.

Vote: HazzelQ

If by some miracle things start happening before the next SK target falls. I'd be happy to lynch the present-but-not-posting players who are keeping us from reaching a lynch.
Show
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:04 pm

Post by Raffles »

I'm going to
Vote: Stewie
. I've learnt from Consulmaker and SiS that it's never a good idea to keep plain lurkers alive.
Woof!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:37 pm

Post by Mgm »

Stewie made 12 posts in this game (only slightly less than you) and he's been actively sharing his thoughts and questioning people. I don't see how that qualifies as lurking.

What does SiS stand for?
Show
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:31 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Raffles wrote:I'm going to
Vote: Stewie
. I've learnt from Consulmaker and SiS that it's never a good idea to keep plain lurkers alive.
Stewie is lurking?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:08 am

Post by Raffles »

More lurking in plain sight. I've been repeatedly asking him to contribute (without expressing this on purpose) and he's been refusing to do so. I've been getting a lot of scummy vibes from this.

MGM: I didn't know this game until it was about 3 or 4 pages in.

SiS stands for Suspicion in Sicily. It was Flay's game. http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=675

Pretty much all the scums in that game were lurking or doing it in plain sight. I had a real tough game towards the end because I was killing more experienced players, leaving only lurkers near the end. Towards the end, pretty much only Yos2 and I were the only two that weren't lurking.
Woof!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:11 am

Post by Mgm »

I've been repeatedly asking him to contribute (without expressing this on purpose)
If you want something you should express it, so things are abundantly clear.

I still don't see it. Post 212, 194, etc... None of these say lurking or any kind of non-contribution to me.
Show
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:42 am

Post by Mirth »

Gah Im really sorry I havent posted or finished reading. I have family visiting and I didn't expect that they would drive me absolutely insane. I'll be able to post late tomorrow evening, when they finally leave. Again, I'm really really sorry about this, because they're usually not this annoyingly clingy, and I didn't forsee this as a problem.
HazzelQ
HazzelQ
Goon
HazzelQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:06 pm

Post by HazzelQ »

Stewie wrote:
Raffles wrote:
Stewie wrote:

Here's what I think:

The argument between kinetic and hazzelQ kinda makes me suspicious of them. Having said that, I can't imagine both being scum. HazzelQ is slightly more likely because frankly, I don't buy that she confused this game with another game... twice.

Also, MGM is playing pro-town-like. I don't think the things several people pointed at him are really scummy.
Sorry Stewie I don't see the connection.... Me mixing up the games have nothing to do with that. Let's say I was scum, what would I gain from pretending to mix up the games??
HazzelQ
HazzelQ
Goon
HazzelQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by HazzelQ »

Mirth wrote:Gah Im really sorry I havent posted or finished reading. I have family visiting and I didn't expect that they would drive me absolutely insane. I'll be able to post late tomorrow evening, when they finally leave. Again, I'm really really sorry about this, because they're usually not this annoyingly clingy, and I didn't forsee this as a problem.
...ookey. We don't really care, sorry.
HazzelQ
HazzelQ
Goon
HazzelQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by HazzelQ »

We = Me (I'm schizo... and in a bad mode, sorry)
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by Stewie »

HazzelQ wrote: Sorry Stewie I don't see the connection.... Me mixing up the games have nothing to do with that. Let's say I was scum, what would I gain from pretending to mix up the games??

It's a way to justify a comment you made earlier that sounded as if you were not a vanilla townie or were not aware that all pro-town roles are vanilla townie. I might have thought about easing up on you had you not done this twice in a relatively short period of time.

Raffles: RE: you asking me to contribute indirectly: you asked questions, I answered them. I don't know how you can see that as avoiding contributions.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:08 pm

Post by Mgm »

Vote count please
Show