Mini 427 - Clue Mafia 3 - Game Over - Is this what happened?

al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:39 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

I may be able to answer your questions Cedric, after Ecto answers this...
al_kohaulec wrote:So tell me, are you voting me for forgetting that I claimed my role name or because I said Mr. instead of Professor? This goes for both of you.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:44 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

There seems to be no connection between role names and alignment. As a result, there is no motivation for scum to create a false role name. This means that all role names are not fake. al_ko is Mr/Mrs/Prof/Whatever Plum. If you still want to prove he isn't this Plum character, go ahead. Al_ko isn't about to be counterclaimed anytime soon.

Your accusation on al_ko is purely WIFOM. al_ko could be scum who sold out his partner. Then again, he could just be town as a watcher. Which is it? Any one is "possible". It just looks like you're trying to find an excuse to mislynch a power role.

I'm interested in BM's and al_ko's night choice last night.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I think you are all scum, making any lynch a good one. Al_ko could be Mr Dr Professor Plum if he wanted. He still makes a good lynch.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:39 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Ecto, you're ignoring my question.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:50 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Hmmm.

Actually,
unvote

It was because you were forgetful. I was thinking you were being careless.

However, it occurred to me as I was writing the reply, that if you forgot that you claimed, it was actually more likely that you were forgetful town and not careless scum. The reason being, if you claimed as town, you could forget later that you did, because it isn't all that important for you personally to keep track of. You really only need to know what everyone else has claimed because you know your role.
Scum, on other hand, need to remember if they claimed and what they claimed. They either have to be able to "produce evidence" of the role they claimed, or not claim an entirely different role all together later (oh my). It makes it far less likely that he would forget, and if someone else claimed to have the same name as he did, why would he speak up? 2 guys show up claiming the same name, we're going to lynch until we find the scummy one.

Ho hum.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

chaotic_diablo wrote: I'm interested in BM's and al_ko's night choice last night.
good for you. shame i dont have any intention of revealing my result yet. :lol:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

though actually it would interest me to hear what Al Ko saw last night. Its his call whether he claims. However prior to any claim i would like confirmation from him that if his target is targetted by multiple people, he recieves ALL the names?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:13 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

I feel that anyone who looks closely should know I have a very good reason for voting for HC right now.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

DragonsofSummer wrote:I feel that anyone who looks closely should know I have a very good reason for voting for HC right now.
Then explain so I can defend myself. I know you're not a cop for three reasons:

1) I know I'm not the last goon.
2) During the MBL escapade, we decided that a cop, a watcher, and a tracker were overbalanced for a mini. MBL was lynched (correctly) for trying to claim otherwise.
3) If you WERE a cop, then I do not believe that al_ko would be a watcher, for reasons stated in #2. However, this would make al_ko the last goon instead of me, so this cannot be true.

So, if you are not a cop, then what "damning" evidence do you have?
Unvote: al_ko, Vote: DoS
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:45 pm

See your problem is that I am not only a cop, but the cop. My role is duel I am the cop from the movies and my flavor is that even though I'm freaked out I want to find out whats happening here.

You are going on the assumption that you actually know for a fact that there can't be all three of those roles in the game, and the fatal flaw there is that you do not know that MoS didn't do exactly that. Therefore your entire arguement is invalid. Also if I have to be lynched so they can get you tomorrow then I'm okay with that. One other question I'd love to have you answer. How in the world do you know there is only one mafia goon left in the game?
-Tyler Durden
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:12 pm

EBWOP: By the way your logic is flawed about Alko as well. Assuming that his claim is false it doesn't necessarily make him scum. It just means he wants to hide his real role for a reason.
-Tyler Durden
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:29 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

OK, i've decided to be more pro-active in these Clue games.
While we wait for AlKo to come back and answer my questions, i'd like everyone to give their view on the following, preferably with 1 brief reason.

Should we mass-claim at this point?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:41 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

DragonsofSummer wrote:You are going on the assumption that you actually know for a fact that there can't be all three of those roles in the game, and the fatal flaw there is that you do not know that MoS didn't do exactly that.
That's true, I don't know what MoS did. But I think that's a powerful town combo for a 12-player game, so I don't think he did that.
One other question I'd love to have you answer. How in the world do you know there is only one mafia goon left in the game?
I said that earlier.
However, and I realize this is playing the second-guess-the-mod game, the remaining person has to be a goon with Wadsworth, or the game would no longer have an informed minority.
Do you think that five scum roles, with the potential for three kills each night, sounds like a balanced game? At that point it wouldn't matter how unbalanced town powerroles are; the town still has a horrible shot at winning the game.
Should we mass-claim at this point?
I'm fine with it. It looks like I'm going to have to claim today anyway.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:43 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

BM, yes, I get all the names. But I'd rather not reveal my results yet.

And I don't think a mass claim is the best move for today.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:35 am

Haschel, here is the thing you may not have stopped to think about though. What if every person in this clue game was a power role? Of course it is pure speculation, but I find it a distinct possibility given that all the people killed already, and all of the roles that have been claimed so far are power roles.

I'm sorry, I missed your post explaining why you thought there was only one goon left at this point. I still disagree that you can make that conjecture on day three of a game where everyone who has died has had a "power" role of some sort.

BM, a mass claim could be helpful, but I do not think it will be completely beneficial until we know a little bit more about the roles of this particular game.
-Tyler Durden
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:37 am

EBWOP: Hey do you guys want me to claim my other night result?
-Tyler Durden
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

oh great. another claimed investigative role. Way to complicate things further DoS... :roll:
fyi, i think it is infinitely unlikely that this game features a tracker, a watcher, and a sane cop.
Still, its a bit late to withdraw your claim now, so please do answer the following:
Why did you choose to investigate HC last night?
What other results do you have?

HC, DoS, and AlKo, i appreciate your quick response to my question. I'd still like everyone else who is present to also answer the question:

Do you think we should mass-claim at this point?

Oh and Al_Ko, i can obviously see why you would want to keep back any information you have, but unfortunately, i'm going to have to ask you to claim your result at some point today.
For now at least, i will be satisfied with hearing who your TARGET was.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:23 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

The part that makes this more difficult to believe, DoS, is you are claiming an investigative role when yesterday we concluded there couldn't be 3 investigative roles and you never commented on that. So for you to avoid that yesterday and then come in today claiming cop is a little suspicious, it sounds kind of contradictory.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

al_kohaulec wrote:The part that makes this more difficult to believe, DoS, is you are claiming an investigative role when yesterday we concluded there couldn't be 3 investigative roles and you never commented on that. So for you to avoid that yesterday and then come in today claiming cop is a little suspicious, it sounds kind of contradictory.
speaking of avoiding things, why are you avoiding the question posed to you?
Believe me, i have a VERY good reason for asking for this information. If you are a Watcher, you can be 99.9% sure that i am town, simply because i knew who you targetted 2 nights back. Please trust me, and say who you WATCHED last night.
Remember, i don't want your result, just the name of your target.

thanks,
BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:52 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

To tell the truth, I'm not sure why everyone is jumping on the conclusion that DOS has an investigative role. He only stated he had a night result and that everyone had a power role.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:18 pm

c_d I was just saying that everyone could be a power role. I don't actually know it's just a possibility.

BM I investigated HC because he replaced CES who I felt was rather scummy because of his extreme lurking in the game and that of his two posts one said that he was thinking about hammering and the other put a vote on someone, and so was curious, also at the time I turned in my night choice CES had not been replaced yet.

Night 1 was interesting for me because I attempted to investigate BillyTwighlight, but was roleblocked, and from the way the roleblock was described it was a female role, I'd guess Ms. Scarlet, but do not know for sure.

The reason I did not get in on the discussion about the power roles yesterday I can also explain. I didn't want to accidentally give away that I was one of the three through my arguments in favor of it being a possibility and through such risk being NK'ed before I could help the town at all.

Are there any questions I missed that were asked to me?
-Tyler Durden
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:49 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Battle Mage wrote:speaking of avoiding things, why are you avoiding the question posed to you?
I mixed together the two parts of the result and target and read "I want to hear your TARGET sometime today." You were my target.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:57 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Hey folks, MoS has asked me to post in the game's he's modding that he's having some issues loading the site. He should be available on AIM, so if you have questions/concerns, you can contact him there. (his AIM is Jhawk)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:07 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

al_kohaulec wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:speaking of avoiding things, why are you avoiding the question posed to you?
I mixed together the two parts of the result and target and read "I want to hear your TARGET sometime today." You were my target.
that is good. I think it is advisable that you continue to target me at night, so, should i die, we can at least discover another mafioso for the trouble.
Did anyone target me last night, and if so, how many?

I'm not sure about DoS's claim. I mean, there was a missing kill on Night 1. This could be an attempt to rid yourself of suspicion, as well as fish for a potential RB. Not only that, but you now claim to have only 1 result. No, i can't say this claim is exactly solid imo. However we will probably end up lynching HC anyway, just because lynching a claimed cop at this time would be dumb.

However, in the meantime, please can NOBODY ELSE CLAIM. That includes you HC. There are other things that need to be done today. Don't worry, we are in no rush to end the day.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:10 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

I withdraw the comments about DoS in my last post.
I forgot that MBL died as GODFATHER. Specifially this means that he comes up town to investigation, which as far as i can see, only works with a Cop.

In the meantime, i want the following people
Prodded
please:

Ancalagon
chaotic_diablo
dahen
Ectomancer

And those 4 people must then answer the following question-
Do you think we should mass-claim at this point?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”