Goon
HazzelQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:19 am

Post by HazzelQ »

Stewie wrote:
HazzelQ wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote: Here is the current problem with this game. We a.) don’t have enough active posters and b.) don’t have a Mod that can check the internet regularly. In a game set up like this one where we have a deadline, we need a Mod who is on top of this game. WE NEED PRODS! What should we do? Is there a back up Mod? DO we just grin and bear it?

We need the thoughts, votes, and feed back of every person in this game. If not, this game is heavily slanted in favor of the the SK and mafia.
I agree on the last part. But since we do have some people posting, we should focus on them. I see no reason not to lynch mgn, if he is vanilla we have not lost the most important player, and if he is mafia it's a big step forward.
unvote, vote: HazzelQ

He says that if he is town, we have not lost the most important player, which is a crappy argument on a game where every town role is vanilla. If he is town, he would see how this argument would also apply towards his lynch, and would therefore not use it.

Also, try to condense your posts into one. You could have said what you said in five posts in just one.
I will post as many posts I want to dude :D

I did explain that part, please read one of my million posts again.
HazzelQ
HazzelQ
Goon
HazzelQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:25 am

Post by HazzelQ »

Mirth wrote:
HazzelQ wrote:I agree on the last part. But since we do have some people posting, we should focus on them. I see no reason not to lynch mgn, if he is vanilla we have not lost the most important player, and if he is mafia it's a big step forward.
Contrary to chess games, townies are not expendible. I understand that you may have this confused with a newbie game (as you seem to say in Post 112, though why on earth you'd think a newbie game is nightless and has a serial killer, is beyond me), but still, townies are not expendible. Not even in newbie games. There, one mislynched townie = LYLO, especially since power roles are not guarenteed to exist. So I sort of fail to see why its okay to lynch townies in any game. I might be willing to let this comment slide, and I understand you already answered, but I still don't like it.
I see why you don't like it, I wouldn't have either. Once again, I'm sorry. I hadn't slept for a while and mixed up this game with another game I'm in. That one is a newbie game with nights. Bad mistake. Take me out if you need to.
I still believe that it's ok to kill a townie. It's not good, but we can afford it. What most defiantly believe is that we have to lynch someone and that we should lynch the one who seems most likely to be scum.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:28 am

Post by Kinetic »

At this point I'm starting to feel MGM is more town and HazzleQ/CKD are starting to look scummy to me. I really can't post more since I need to run off to work, but just thought I'd throw this out there.

Unvote;Vote:HazzleQ
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Mirth »

Kinetic, why the sudden switch in opinion? Also, why are you suspicious of CKD?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:39 am

Post by Kinetic »

Its not a really sudden change of opinion. My vote on MGM was just a hunch to begin with, and through out the exchange between MGM and HQ/CKD he has alleviated a few of the concerns I did have. I left it on there a little longer than I needed to, mainly so that I could read into some actions a little more.

And while I read more I saw HQ and CKD seeming to double team him and blow up the tiniest things that didn't seem to have any relevance.

I don't think both HQ and CKD are scum, but I have a feeling that one of the two might be. I picked HQ because he felt more scummy to me.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
HazzelQ
HazzelQ
Goon
HazzelQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:44 pm

Post by HazzelQ »

gosh :roll:

So now I am under pressure :) Well, just so you guys don't think I am stalling here- as long as nothing changes I will not remove my vote, but I guess I have to RC now, I am at 3 votes right? better check before I RC. hold on
HazzelQ
HazzelQ
Goon
HazzelQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by HazzelQ »

gaah! I keep mixing up these two games I am in! I should not be in more than 2 when I'm up at night!

"this is that one, ok". So, then it's nothing for me to do. All I have to say is to find in my previous posts. Read it.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by Mirth »

Hmmm...I'm not sure what to make of you claiming to mix up games. While on one hand it seems perfectly possible to get confused, it seems to me that you might be playing up that factor just a tad. Will have to watch and see.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:28 pm

Post by Raffles »

MGM - To me, that looks more like a change in story resulting from forgetting a certain cover up. If it truly was a random vote, then that should stick with you and you would not say something silly as "it was a hunch". So which was it? A hunch or random vote? Even if it was an issue of hunch/random vote at the beginning of the game, a blatant contradiction in your stance is very scummy to me.

HazzleIQ - as I understand it, we are not under pressure for any deadline at all. As I understand it, nightless means mafia gets no nightkills. Then the only person that has an ability to 100% control who to kill is a SK. This gives rise to an importance of swift and accurate lynching of SK, because this increases town's survival by a lot. ***

I have to go now, so more later following the triple star.
Woof!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:40 pm

Post by Mgm »

It was random. I voted him because someone with a name like that had to be scum. He didn't post yet so there was nothing else to base it on.

By the way, his name is HazzelQ, not HazzelIQ.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
HazzelQ
HazzelQ
Goon
HazzelQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:39 am

Post by HazzelQ »

Mgm wrote: By the way, his name is HazzelQ, not HazzelIQ.
hahaha
The Deepfried Ninja
The Deepfried Ninja
Townie
The Deepfried Ninja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:23 am

Post by The Deepfried Ninja »

im sorry i have not posted ill have something by tommorrow i promise
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:03 am

Post by Mgm »

Raffles wrote:HazzleIQ - as I understand it, we are not under pressure for any deadline at all. As I understand it, nightless means mafia gets no nightkills. Then the only person that has an ability to 100% control who to kill is a SK. This gives rise to an importance of swift and accurate lynching of SK, because this increases town's survival by a lot.
The rules state that the SK can perform a kill after a lynch occurs or if at least a week passed since the last lynch. We can basically consider the period this kill occurs to be night, so we're actually on a week-long deadline from the moment a kill happens.
Show
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Raffles »

Yes, MGM, I may sound a little optimistic - but if we can eliminate SK accurately, then we don't need to worry about SK hitting us after the "deadline". Whereas if we rush things to get it done before the deadline, we are more likely to hit non-SK, and to give SK a free kill on top of it, which seems to be what you are trying to advocate.

The latter would just inflict too much flak damage on town than necessary.
Vote: Mgm
Woof!
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:16 am

Post by Raffles »

Actually
unvote
for now until later.
Woof!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Mgm »

we are more likely to hit non-SK, and to give SK a free kill on top of it, which seems to be what you are trying to advocate.
No, I'm not. I changed my mind due to the lack of activity. HazzelQ even found my change of heart scummy.
Mgm [122] wrote:
HazzelQ wrote:So now you claim vanilla townie and decide to abandon your plan to come to a quick lynch? Why- because the focus is on you! please.
I didn't plan to come to a "quick lynch" - that's usually a synonym for rush job. I wanted the town to come to a lynch before the deadline hit. As CKD said, we don't have enough active players and I don't see that improving in the next two days, that's why I'm abandoning the idea. Unless something major happens (like someone claiming scum), we're not going to get a well-informed lynch.
Show
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:24 pm

Post by Mirth »

Raffles, why vote and then unvote?
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:09 am

Post by Raffles »

For vote, if you read my assumption, it's not unreasonable. However, I changed my mind because on hindsight the vote was too rushed for my liking, and I wanted to hear what MGM had to say rather than force a one sided vote on him.

MGM - so you are not for a definite lynch before the deadline anymore?
Woof!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:54 am

Post by Mgm »

That's correct.
Show
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:24 am

Post by Raffles »

Mirth, any thoughts? You seem to be sitting on the sideline. You can come and play ball too, you know.
Woof!
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by Mirth »

Thoughts on what? (if you mean lynching, scroll up for my opinion.) I've commented on all that I feel needs commenting on, honestly. I'm just more or less waiting for more people to join in on the discussion, because it doesn't seem to me that very many people are actively playing.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Mirth wrote:Thoughts on what? (if you mean lynching, scroll up for my opinion.) I've commented on all that I feel needs commenting on, honestly. I'm just more or less waiting for more people to join in on the discussion, because it doesn't seem to me that very many people are actively playing.
I asked the Mod in a PM to prod DFN....unfornately we do not have the time to wait for others to join actively....we are on a SK deadline...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by Raffles »

Mirth wrote:Thoughts on what? (if you mean lynching, scroll up for my opinion.) I've commented on all that I feel needs commenting on, honestly. I'm just more or less waiting for more people to join in on the discussion, because it doesn't seem to me that very many people are actively playing.
so you are not holding back any information?
Woof!
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Raffles »

(I can see that statement can be misleading, by information I meant holding back any comments on other players and your own opinions.)
Woof!
heatherlou
heatherlou
Townie
heatherlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by heatherlou »

Mgm is acting super scummy to me. I realize there have been lots of exchanges between HazzelQ and Mgm, but coming out of them the one thing that stands out to me is that Mgm up and changed their mind. The flip-flopping on the lynch v. no lynch is the most scummy for me. From the SK kill Mgm all you've been saying is how we need to get someone up there cause we're on a deadline. I just don't understand the sudden change in heart. I know Mirth mentioned her reasons for a no-lynch, were they that convincing to you?
But there again, I don't know what to think about the voting for someone, then killing them as the SK. I think that is so scummy that you wouldn't do it.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."
-Brendan Gill

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”