481 - Speed 1: Romeo and Juliet Mafia - Game Over!

Brutal Assassin
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:56 am

Post by Brutal Assassin »

I think giving opinions on half the people in the game in the inevitable lynch situation he was seeing is not something scum would do. Logictus, do you agree with me Kravhen is probably goin to end up getting modkilled or do you think he'll just keep going posting a few minutes before his deadline? I doubt it. He doesn't seem active enough for this game, scum or town.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:19 am

Post by logicticus »

i dunno, its really hard to tell at this point. hes been somewhat active since the near mod kill, but its early yet.
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:21 pm

Post by AutumnEvenings »

It is day 1.

12 players remain: Brutal Assassin, Dragon Phoenix, Jimmy R, Kinetic, Mert, PoppinPuffin, Stewie, kravhen, logicticus, schismatized, somestrangeflea, xyzzy.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

5 votes for Kinetic (Dragon Phoenix, Mert, Jimmy R, PoppinPuffin, kravhen)
2 votes for Dragon Phoenix (Brutal Assassin, Kinetic)
1 vote for logicticus (Stewie)
1 vote for Jimmy R (xyzzy)
1 vote for kravhen (logicticus)

2 players have not voted: schismatized, somestrangeflea.

Approximately 3 days and 12 hours remain for Day One.

----------

Schismatized
has one hour and 5 minutes to go before being modkilled.

JimmyR
has about 13 hours to go before being modkilled.

You guys signed up for this game with full knowledge of its nature. I'm really not sure what's going on. :(
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:26 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Kill them all and let Mod sort them out.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:28 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

Question,
if a player is modkilled, does it stay day or what will happen?
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

If a player is modkilled, we will reveal their family, lay them to rest, and the day will continue. Vote counts will be adjusted.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by AutumnEvenings »

The Montagues (and Capulets, in disguise) try the doors, but all in vain. Completely at a loss, they decide to follow the modly voice, and select one amongst them to be lynched.

Well, most of them do. schismatized huddles in the corner, rocking back and forth, moaning. "I don't wanna talk, I don't wanna talk" he repeats, sotto voce. He then curls up and sleeps, for nearly 48 hours.

Suddenly, he jumps up, and begins reciting, as if he were all alone:
To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.

He then promptly drops to the floor, and falls back to sleep. A deep sleep. A long sleep. After 24 hours, the Montagues (and Capulets, in disguise), check on him. He seems to be suffering from horrible, eternal nightmares, and cannot be woken.

schismatized, a Montague, has been modkilled for inactivity.

---------
It is (still) day 1.

11 players remain: Brutal Assassin, Dragon Phoenix, Jimmy R, Kinetic, Mert, PoppinPuffin, Stewie, kravhen, logicticus, somestrangeflea, xyzzy.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

5 votes for Kinetic (Dragon Phoenix, Mert, Jimmy R, PoppinPuffin, kravhen)
1 vote for kravhen (logicticus)
1 vote for Jimmy R (xyzzy)

1 player has not voted: somestrangeflea.
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:37 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Aaaaand I'm at -1 again, lol
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:25 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

Hey all, just letting you know that my internet isn't set up at the new house yet, so I won't be able to post until I get over to someone's house to hijack their computer.

Don't think I'm comfortable with L-1, however scummy you are. There is plenty of time to lynch tomorrow.

UNVOTE

You're not off the hook.
Show
jhawk01B: you go to lynch becca
somestrangeflea: This better be good!
somestrangeflea: NO!
Mertrodome: haha
poppinpuffin: hahahahh!!!
jhawk01B: and she escapes
jhawk01B: NIGHT
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:00 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I really don't understand why people sign up for a game like this and then just let themselves be modkilled.
Jimmy R
Jimmy R
Goon
Jimmy R
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:27 pm

Post by Jimmy R »

Sorry folks, I meant to post last night but didn't get chance in the end.

Considering the info we have (not much at this stage) I'm going to keep my vote on Kinetic, especially with a deadline looming, I've no reason to switch it anywhere else.

I disagree with what BA said about giving opinions on people before getting lynched not being something a scum would do. I've seen that loads of times as a last ditch effort to seem town. It's even more possible that it's a scumtell when they haven't done it before as well. It's really not like hes giving up info as it's nothing that insightful that everyone else hasn't seen.

Vote stays where it is.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:42 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

<obligatory post to avoid mod kill>
I will be off-line until about 23 h from now.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:31 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

This really sucks. Schism's death means that we've effectively no-lynched.

I find it weird that Kinetic's last 2 posts have said nothing particularly contentful. My thoughts aren't strong enough to put him at L-1, but there's still 3 days left.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:27 am

Post by Kinetic »

Jimmy R wrote:Sorry folks, I meant to post last night but didn't get chance in the end.

Considering the info we have (not much at this stage) I'm going to keep my vote on Kinetic, especially with a deadline looming, I've no reason to switch it anywhere else.

I disagree with what BA said about giving opinions on people before getting lynched not being something a scum would do. I've seen that loads of times as a last ditch effort to seem town. It's even more possible that it's a scumtell when they haven't done it before as well. It's really not like hes giving up info as it's nothing that insightful that everyone else hasn't seen.

Vote stays where it is.
Ahhh scum logic. Its so nice for you to grace us with your presence Jimmy. How are you? Doing fine? No? Well let me get to the heat of the matter here:

The reason why giving such a report right before getting lynched is important is because of this reason: The reason my post is insightful is because it gives a point of view from me when you almost certainly are going to know my alignment if I get lynched. From there you then can see exactly who is and isn't scummy.

One of the most basic rules is that if the first lynch of the game is on a townie, 90% of the time, half of the scum are on that lynch. Why? Because townies are notoriously slow to place a vote on anyone. This game has changed that slightly, however, because of the rapid deadlines, but since mafia know who is and is not on their side they can sway the town with two or three very opportune votes. That is why when someone voted is more important to me than how they voted.

Almost certainly the first vote is not going to be mafia. A mafia player is more likely to coat tail on a town player and place the second or third vote to push the town along. Now the second vote here, by Dragon, was extremely scummy, to the point where if scum was oil, he'd be as rich as a Bush in Texas. Since then Dragon has been pretty much lurking, coming back to hammer away at the point that he is not moving his vote.

The next vote that seemed to fit that pattern was the -1 vote by Kravhen, and honestly I might even conclude that his lurking/vote of opportunity is even scummier than Dragon's "Kill Kinetic or you're scum", but I think Kravhen is going to be modkilled at this rate. If he "checks in" again, I might consider changing my vote to him, because once is an accident, twice is a pattern.
somestrangeflea wrote:This really sucks. Schism's death means that we've effectively no-lynched.

I find it weird that Kinetic's last 2 posts have said nothing particularly contentful. My thoughts aren't strong enough to put him at L-1, but there's still 3 days left.
Sorry, I can't post meaningful content laden posts all the time. Maybe you should direct your ire at some of the other townies that haven't posted any content... at all... I'll list them: Khraven, Jimmy R, Mert, DragonPhoenix, somestrangeflea.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Mert »

For what it's worth, I always put a full analysis on the remaining players out there when I'm scum and it looks like I'm the inevitable lynch. Doesn't keep me from dying, but I can taylor my comments in such a way as to throw people off the scent of who my scumbuddies are based on the misinformation I put forward. So unlike BA, I see it as a null-tell.

BA, can you confirm - is it simply the last-minute posting of an analysis of the players on his wagon that you consider to be enough to stop his lynch today or is there more to it than that?
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Jimmy R
Jimmy R
Goon
Jimmy R
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:11 am

Post by Jimmy R »

Kinetic wrote:
Jimmy R wrote:Sorry folks, I meant to post last night but didn't get chance in the end.

Vote stays where it is.
Ahhh scum logic. Its so nice for you to grace us with your presence Jimmy. How are you? Doing fine? No? Well let me get to the heat of the matter here:
I'm fine thanks. Would you like your dummy back? You seem to have spat it out.
Kinetic wrote:Bunch of crazy WIFOM that has no value
That was a waste of time.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:30 am

Post by Stewie »

Kinetic wrote: This game has changed that slightly, however, because of the rapid deadlines, but since mafia know who is and is not on their side they can sway the town with two or three very opportune votes. That is why when someone voted is more important to me than how they voted.
Actually, not true, about mafia knowing who is and who isn't on their side. This game has a traitor, which means that the mafia have one person they don't know about on their side, who they could mistakenly lynch.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:34 am

Post by xyzzy »

Kinetic wrote:

Vote stays where it is.

The reason why giving such a report right before getting lynched is important is because of this reason: The reason my post is insightful is because it gives a point of view from me when you almost certainly are going to know my alignment if I get lynched. From there you then can see exactly who is and isn't scummy.

One of the most basic rules is that if the first lynch of the game is on a townie, 90% of the time, half of the scum are on that lynch. Why? Because townies are notoriously slow to place a vote on anyone. This game has changed that slightly, however, because of the rapid deadlines, but since mafia know who is and is not on their side they can sway the town with two or three very opportune votes. That is why when someone voted is more important to me than how they voted.

Almost certainly the first vote is not going to be mafia. A mafia player is more likely to coat tail on a town player and place the second or third vote to push the town along. Now the second vote here, by Dragon, was extremely scummy, to the point where if scum was oil, he'd be as rich as a Bush in Texas. Since then Dragon has been pretty much lurking, coming back to hammer away at the point that he is not moving his vote.

The next vote that seemed to fit that pattern was the -1 vote by Kravhen, and honestly I might even conclude that his lurking/vote of opportunity is even scummier than Dragon's "Kill Kinetic or you're scum", but I think Kravhen is going to be modkilled at this rate. If he "checks in" again, I might consider changing my vote to him, because once is an accident, twice is a pattern.
somestrangeflea wrote:This really sucks. Schism's death means that we've effectively no-lynched.

Sorry, I can't post meaningful content laden posts all the time. Maybe you should direct your ire at some of the other townies that haven't posted any content... at all... I'll list them: Khraven, Jimmy R, Mert, DragonPhoenix, somestrangeflea.
You completely ignored the argument against you and went off on a whole buch of WIFOM!

Since you're at -2, I can safely
unvote, vote Kietic
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:56 am

Post by logicticus »

Mert wrote:For what it's worth, I always put a full analysis on the remaining players out there when I'm scum and it looks like I'm the inevitable lynch. Doesn't keep me from dying, but I can taylor my comments in such a way as to throw people off the scent of who my scumbuddies are based on the misinformation I put forward. So unlike BA, I see it as a null-tell.

BA, can you confirm - is it simply the last-minute posting of an analysis of the players on his wagon that you consider to be enough to stop his lynch today or is there more to it than that?
Id like to be answered as well. I dont find it inherently protown to do a rundown at the end with suspicions.
Brutal Assassin
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:46 am

Was also a few lines, in particular, which I was having trouble seeing a scum as saying during their last minute defenses. But mostly it was the suspicions list combined with the fact I was curious how Kinetic would respond to being "off the hook". I'm not liking Kinetics reaction following my post, and definately not liking how he reverted back to the attacking WIFOM rants. ::sigh::

Not sure what to think now, to be honest.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:08 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

The world is grown so bad, that wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.

Kravhen was dancing quite eloquently at the beginning of the masquerade. He moved to and fro, and drank heartily. (He made Falstaff look like a lightweight! But that's a different play entirely.)

However, Khraven could not hold his liquor rather well, spouting out all sorts of different odd lines including the masquarade's personal favorite... "My (hic) Kindom for a Horse!"

Everyone knew that Kravhen didn't have a kingdom to give. The dancers all did what they know best. They ignored him. Soon, the spirits he drank took over his body, and he crashed to the ground.

He then promptly drops to the floor, and falls back to sleep. A deep sleep. A long sleep. After 24 hours, the Montagues (and Capulets, in disguise), check on him. He seems to be suffering from horrible, eternal nightmares, and cannot be woken.

Kravhen, a Montague, has been modkilled for inactivity.

--------------------

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brutal Assassin, Dragon Phoenix, Jimmy R, Kinetic, Mert, PoppinPuffin, Stewie, logicticus, somestrangeflea, xyzzy.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

4 votes for Kinetic (Dragon Phoenix, Mert, Jimmy R, xyzzy)

3 players have not voted: PoppinPuffin, logicticus, somestrangeflea.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:24 am

Post by poppinpuffin »

xyzzy wrote:
You completely ignored the argument against you and went off on a whole buch of WIFOM!
QFT.

Instead of giving me reasons to reconsider your scumminess, you actually solidified my opinion of you as scum. I'm sorry about the attacks on your birthday, but I dont think that that is the reason we all think you're scum. I see how you jump eagerly onto anyone's opinion of someone else (dragon for example) to be scum. Dragon is definitely not flying under anyone's radar right now, but that doesn't make you look innocent to be . You were very clearly pointing a grateful finger at anyone and everyone.

I'm not happy with Dragon, but I have to go with my gut about this. I was reticent to have a lynch when deadline isn't quite breathing down our necks, but I really feel you are the play for today.

vote: Kinetic

=============================[]
[]=============================
Show
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:29 am

Post by poppinpuffin »

Dammit.

Saved by the modkill and my lack of ability to add.

SOMEONE HAMMER.
Show
Brutal Assassin
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:30 am

::sigh::

I think games like this need an "Applicant Thread" where the people who are in the game have to post once every 24 hours during a 3 day confirm stage, just to make sure they are going to be active.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Kinetic »

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”