Ra9in9 Bull
Ra9in9 Bull
Townie
Ra9in9 Bull
Townie
Townie

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by Ra9in9 Bull »

I only have experience with scum Ricastle, but they are being much more joking here and less hostile. Town Ricastle for now.

Spoiler: Vezok
In post 306, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 299, Skybird wrote:I'm liking farside's questioning and poking. Think she's town.

Not liking Verzok's tunnel. Beer's posts are strange and I'm going to assume the posts in their PT are also strange. But I think Verzok is misrepping Beer in order to get him lynched. Scum read on Verzok.

Yes. I'm actually a scum double-voter in a neighbourhood with town and decided to go all in a gambit with very little pay-out day 1. How do you arrive at such brilliant conclusions my master Skybird? /sarcasm.

This is the towniest post ever. I agree the gambit as scum would be stupid. Further, Beer wouldn't pull the "oh I'm scum" deal as actual scum. Beer's actually the one pulling a gambit as town, and Vezok is actually latching onto it. TvT

Spoiler: Skybird
In post 299, Skybird wrote:I'm liking farside's questioning and poking. Think she's town.

Not liking Verzok's tunnel. Beer's posts are strange and I'm going to assume the posts in their PT are also strange. But I think Verzok is misrepping Beer in order to get him lynched. Scum read on Verzok.

why do you like farside's questioning and poking? The Vezok scumread is pretty bad. I doubt it's an intentional misrep. That would just be calling attention on Vezok as scum.
In post 300, Skybird wrote:Marquis, what's your case on Sonic?

In post 390, Skybird wrote:
In post 320, Marquis wrote:
In post 300, Skybird wrote:Marquis, what's your case on Sonic?

VOTE: skybird

i don't think you actually care. empty empty scum

Yeah, and I remember from the last game how well you can read me. Like, not at all.

This marquis focus is bad too. How about YOU actually make a case on someone instead of just asking someone else for their case and then taunting them about how they can't read you. If Marquis is scum, he already knows your alignment. If town, why would you be town taunting another townie?
In post 453, Skybird wrote:
In post 452, Beer wrote:
In post 299, Skybird wrote:But I think Verzok is misrepping Beer in order to get him lynched. Scum read on Verzok.

I doubt this is the case.

Both Pawtucket and I are of the opinion that it's more likely Veko is town. I don't really think he's been "misrepresenting" anything I'm saying so much as "misinterpreting" things. It's also true that I haven't exactly been going out of my way to make it easy for him!

So what is the town motivation for trying to make it harder for a player to read you?

I think you can figure this out. There are multiple reasons. Or are you trying to out some kind of role for your benefit?
In post 456, Skybird wrote:
In post 430, Marquis wrote:people keep posting that garnet song on tumblr and i don't know how i feel about it

blah blah more fluffposting until i find something i care about

also i still don't feel like skybird actually thought she would get a case from me and i think her response was unnecessarily defensive/prepared to some small extent

No, I actually want to know if you have a case and are trying to scum hunt or if you are just screwing around and sheeping others. (for the sonic vote) Now that you are voting me, can you articulate a case or are you just throwing mud hoping something sticks?

Again, can YOU make a case on someone? Or are you just going to keep bugging marquis for a case?
In post 457, Skybird wrote:Beer, how would you describe your scum hunting style then? If you think looking at town or scum motivation is silly, what do you look for in determining who is town and who is scum?

This is a good question. I'll ask you the same. How do you look for town or scum motivation, and when will you start to form a case on someone?

Marquis is town marquis. The trolly entrance kind and forming a read with time and information. Not forcing reads at first like I've seen from Marquis' alt.

I can't read Metal correctly. Marquis, what do you make of Z? Scummy?
Spoiler: ZZZX head
In post 290, Sonic X wrote:ZZZX here on phone. Literally skimmed everything on phone and I am surprised how bad bear case was. Nearly non exostant infact and people like marquis followed it? Marquis I know you are better than following a random paragraph of bullshit that uses some shiny words to appear like a case.

Unless you are scum. Which I hope you are not cus I wana enjoy interacting with you to catch scum

Either way I'll see ya all in 1-2 hours when I am on pc
-Z

This is really fake from Z. Z's also using his deal where he calls people's techniques bullshit (360s or 180s or whatever, associatives, PoE, etc.)
In post 295, Sonic X wrote:
In post 293, Ricastle wrote:
In post 289, Sonic X wrote:what the hell is this doing in the thread?
I cannot see both of you as town. I think it's very likely one of you is town and one is scum (although I wouldn't discount both scum), so I'd like to PoE you.

So in other words you will use poe.
If they are town we are scum
If they are scum there are two scum and we are scum?

Thus I just heard the most messed up thing in a while

-Z

So grapes is a double voting miller? Also
In post 466, grapes wrote:I mean, call this a chainsaw or whatever. But radman is pretty transparently town.

how is Radmann transparently town? I've never played with Rad so I saw a bunch of wishy washy/nullish reads while trying to appear towny. Four votes on Radmann I wouldn't say is transparently town...unless you are saying it's scum motivated. Who else do you think is scum on the Radmann wagon?

Spoiler: Reasonably Rational/Tunnel Warriors
In post 356, Reasonably Rational wrote:
P.S. Tunnel warriors, I'm not sure I like your role reveal. The multiple alliances thing was fine, and all you had to say. The bit about protecting everyone? Yeah, that makes you a target, and the role is far too useful mid-late game for you to paint a target on yourself on day 1, and I'm sure you realize that. Oh, and then you say bad things happen to scum when you die? Nice way to disincentivize town from lynching you, while simultaneously explaining away your continued survival. Not sure I buy any of the shit you're selling.

-Cerb

I disagree. I think if Tunnel Warriors really is town that this quality would be something they'd want to get out there as part of a town bloc. There's enough power in this game that if they really appear town with time, then a protective role should keep them around from getting NK'd.

That said, Tunnel's push on Marquis is p bad. Fluff =/= scum. Also, I've experienced the exact opposite with Marquis (well actually the Cho alt)
In post 342, TunnelWarriors wrote:Then I may remind you all how Marquis tends to play with these floaty play-styles when he's scum. As town he's more down-to-earth and serious.

Tried to be all serious with the early reads in our newbie game, and i fell for it too and townread him hard D1. In Ori, they came in with the goofiness and floaty style, then serious'd up after a bit and helped town win

Whew...I'll get to more later.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 499, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I guess Smite mafia is what I'm reading tonight.

just posting from phone even when im not supposed to

to say

lol
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by Trench Warfare »

Ok, whatever head is posting, can you just kick ika out? I like your focus here on showing how passive Skybird is. Passiveness isn't really a good thing at the start, if you're using it to doubtcast people. I'm also not liking how he defends Beer which I'm not a big fan of his posts. Skybird drops this contradiction too quick to make it feel like it's a contradiction.

I'd like to see whatever else you have. Not so sure I agree on the whole ZZZX looks fake though. He has this thing where I tend to scumread him for how he sounds regardless of alignment. There was a micro game we were both in. It was an idea one. I misread him and it cost us the game, so I'm real reluctant to go there.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Hi. I feel sort of guilty being away right now. Consider me a sleeper who comes in ablazing half way through the day.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Don't fall into the trap of being afraid to go into it, and then townreading him as a result. If you think you can't read ZZZX, read Metal. That's one nice thing about a hydra.

Ra9in9: I disagree on the Marquis vs. Skybird. Skybird hasn't said anything super compelling, but Marquis' Skybird vote was just as empty as Marquis is claiming Sky to be. Skybird is asking a legitimate question, and while it'd be nice to see them looking at the game more, they are still asking questions and trying to determine thought processes. Are you against Skybird because they haven't put a vote down yet? An empty vote for the sake of a vote is worse.

P-Edit: Catch up and put em up, Fluminator, whenever you have time.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Yeah, skybird simply asks beer how beer scumhunts. This is the exchange
In post 497, Skybird wrote:
In post 459, Beer wrote:
In post 457, Skybird wrote:Beer, how would you describe your scum hunting style then? If you think looking at town or scum motivation is silly, what do you look for in determining who is town and who is scum?

No, I think suggesting
everything
must have town
or
scum motivation is silly.

OK, I see. Thanks.

Skybird just leaves it. Was skybird really interested in how beer scumhunts? If so, why not follow up on getting beer to answer that question? Or was skybird just asking it to ask it, and not actually care what the answer to the scumhunting part was?

I also didn't explain the ZZZX/Marquis deal enough. I've played with them twice. Once with them as a scumpair, the other with them as a townpair. In both cases, they seemed to play off each other and just come right out and say this is town ZZZX or town Marquis. I'm not getting that here, which makes me think that they are of different alignments. ZZZX additionally as scum would discredit people's methods of scumhunting him. So when Ricastle says he'll use PoE, and ZZZX discredits the PoE method (which is actually really an associative), it's something I notice.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 504, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Are you against Skybird because they haven't put a vote down yet? An empty vote for the sake of a vote is worse.

No...where did I say that?
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Ra9in9 Bull
Ra9in9 Bull
Townie
Ra9in9 Bull
Townie
Townie

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by Ra9in9 Bull »

Sorry. Thought I was in the hydra account.

Spoiler:
In post 505, Fro99er wrote:Yeah, skybird simply asks beer how beer scumhunts. This is the exchange
In post 459, Beer wrote:

No, I think suggesting
everything
must have town
or

OK, I see. Thanks.

Skybird just leaves it. Was skybird really interested in how beer scumhunts? If so, why not follow up on getting beer to answer that question? Or was skybird just asking it to ask it, and not actually care what the answer to the scumhunting part was?

I also didn't explain the ZZZX/Marquis deal enough. I've played with them twice. Once with them as a scumpair, the other with them as a townpair. In both cases, they seemed to play off each other and just come right out and say this is town ZZZX or town Marquis. I'm not getting that here, which makes me think that they are of different alignments. ZZZX additionally as scum would discredit people's methods of scumhunting him. So when Ricastle says he'll use PoE, and ZZZX discredits the PoE method (which is actually really an associative), it's something I notice.

In post 506, Fro99er wrote:
In post 504, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Are you against Skybird because they haven't put a vote down yet? An empty vote for the sake of a vote is worse.

Ra9in9 Bull
Ra9in9 Bull
Townie
Ra9in9 Bull
Townie
Townie

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:26 pm

Post by Ra9in9 Bull »

In post 489, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Fro99er, what's your stance on this? I've only played one game with you but you were a lot more vocal in that one.

What's my stance on what?

Yeah, I was more vocal in our newbie game because I was less busy, and it was my first game here, so I only had the one game going on.
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by Trench Warfare »

Wow... I just feel totally ignored.

~Titus
Ra9in9 Bull
Ra9in9 Bull
Townie
Ra9in9 Bull
Townie
Townie

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by Ra9in9 Bull »

In post 509, Trench Warfare wrote:Wow... I just feel totally ignored.

~Titus

I wont ignore you

VOTE: Trench Warfare

there now i am voting you harder
TunnelWarriors
TunnelWarriors
Townie
TunnelWarriors
Townie
Townie

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by TunnelWarriors »

In post 487, Ra9in9 Bull wrote:
In post 485, Trench Warfare wrote:So you could you know read the game? Come up with reads. TSO and I need to hash a few things out. Kinda surprised by two double voters with different methods. That's going to get complicated really fucking quick.

ok i read up.

VOTE: Trench Warfare

In post 484, Ra9in9 Bull wrote:So someone told me this game still existed.....

Does someone want to give me a TLDR of this or should i just go randomly isoing and hope for best?

Nobody properly reads 15+ pages in 21 minutes, I call cow crap.
Give a reason (preferably multiple) for you trench read.
~wgeurts
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 506, Fro99er wrote:

You didn't say it anywhere, I was just casting around for an explanation as to why you'd be for Marquis and against Skybird. Not that I think either of them are much good, but at least Skybird is doing
something

In post 505, Fro99er wrote:Yeah, skybird simply asks beer how beer scumhunts. This is the exchange
In post 459, Beer wrote:

No, I think suggesting
everything
must have town
or

OK, I see. Thanks.

Skybird asked for clarification, and got it. Beer already answered the question of how he scumhunts, as I pointed out. There's no followup question that Sky needs to ask. Your argument is exactly the same as Marquis' regarding Sky and it's just boring.

I still want Sky to come out with some actual reads. Luckily for Sky, voting for bull reasons ranks slightly higher on my list of scumtells than not giving opinions at all.

As for ZZZX/Marquis, I don't know their meta. Are you saying that your Marquis townread is based off of your Sonic X scumread?
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Vezok: Can your double vote be split up?
Grapes: Can your double vote be consolidated?
Either way, please demonstrate what your response is true with an attempt to perform the vote change I've asked if you are capable of performing.

For science.
-Cerb
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 513, Cerberus v666 wrote:
Either way, please demonstrate what your response is true with an attempt to perform the vote change I've asked if you are capable of performing.

For science.
-Cerb

Ugh. First slip. So sorry.

Anyways, please don't cause a sudden lynch with this, and I only ask that you keep the votes wherever you attempt to put them for a vote count, just to confirm your attempt did or did not work. Also, Drixx is feeling a bit under the weather, so it will mostly just be me playing until he's feeling better.

-Cerb
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:24 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 514, Reasonably Rational wrote:

For science.
-Cerb

Anyways, please don't cause a sudden lynch with this, and I only ask that you keep the votes wherever you attempt to put them for a vote count, just to confirm your attempt did or did not work. Also, Drixx is feeling a bit under the weather, so it will mostly just be me playing until he's feeling better.

-Cerb

My vote just counts as too. I can't vote too different persons.

Also, people, we lynch beer. I don't care what you drunk to think he is town, but that guy is scum and only a flip on him would make me trust any of you.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:16 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 459, Beer wrote:

No, I think suggesting
everything
must have town
or

OK, I see. Thanks.

I asked about it because I thought I caught them in a contradiction, which might indicate a scum mindset. Most people use underlying motivation as part of scum hunting and to say looking at underlying motivation is silly looked like a set-up to explain away people's reads on them for posts that look to have an underlying scum motivation.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:23 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 512, MaxwellPuckett wrote:

I still want Sky to come out with some actual reads. Luckily for Sky, voting for bull reasons ranks slightly higher on my list of scumtells than not giving opinions at all.

I'm getting to that. I will usually put down an RSV vote but since the game was already about 8 pages long when I got home I didn't think it was appropriate by then. I do tend to be reserved in voting because I try to use my vote to put pressure on a person where needed and vote for people that are scum.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:28 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 515, vezokpiraka wrote:

For science.
-Cerb

-Cerb

Also, people, we lynch beer. I don't care what you drunk to think he is town, but that guy is scum and
only a flip on him would make me trust any of you

See, this is the kind of statement that makes me not trust you. What happens if he flips town? Will you still trust the people who voted for beer or will they suddenly all be scum?

Also, Reasonably Rational asked you to actually change your vote for a vote count to show that you are telling us the truth when you say you can only vote one person and it counts as two. Will you do that or are you going to refuse?
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:44 am

Post by Marquis »

maxwell is still kind of hilarious.

i'm not sure where his experience level/mindset is with regards to what he expects scum to do vs. what scum realistically do. but. lol sorry i'm not trying to make a "lol ur a noob" comment because i hate those too but i'm kind of sick of all the incorrect assumptions regarding how/what scum play/are motivated to do, as well as the whole "marquis isn't drenching the game in useless excess questioning (because other people are already doing enough of that so it feels good to sit back and try and slowly sort through reads instead) so yeah he's probably scum"

well i mean

you're right in that my play could totally come from scum

but to be blunt it's more likely i'm town who doesn't really care about people scumreading me (other than this whole thing about being amused by maxwell - who ftr i would like to say i'm currently leaning town on, if it weren't for how i've been seeing scum these kinds of realistically bs pushes lately) than scum who realized i've been fluffing and didn't really do anything noteworthy for a while to address the scumreads
sorry i just have a bit more faith in my scumgame than that

anyway i'm still mildly scumreading skybird because 1) i think the townreads on her for asking so many questions-that-look-helpful-but-when-you-look-closer-make-you-wonder-what-of-significance-she-thinks-she's-actually-going-to-get-out-of-them are also kind of hilarious because for all these words i'm still not seeing a distinct town mindset with her choices of inquiry and 2) idk it's also just kind of fun to scumread players like this because you can get some really entertaining results
link in bio
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:52 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 518, Skybird wrote:
In post 515, vezokpiraka wrote:

For science.
-Cerb

-Cerb

Also, people, we lynch beer. I don't care what you drunk to think he is town, but that guy is scum and
only a flip on him would make me trust any of you

See, this is the kind of statement that makes me not trust you. What happens if he flips town? Will you still trust the people who voted for beer or will they suddenly all be scum?

Also, Reasonably Rational asked you to actually change your vote for a vote count to show that you are telling us the truth when you say you can only vote one person and it counts as two. Will you do that or are you going to refuse?

A town flip would allow me to read everyone's reason for joining the wagon or not. That would let me decide who is scum.

Right now I think beer is scum nearly 90%. Until I'm 100% sure of his alignment I can't decide on others.

For example, if he flips scum I'd suspect you for discrediting me and defending beer. If he flips town, I'd townread you because I'd think you were a townie who has to analyse stuff before deciding. Right now I think you are just annoying.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:53 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

the above post gives me a townlean on marquis

p-edit: @marquis
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:30 am

Post by Skybird »

That's OK Vezok. I think you are annoying too. :)

I'm not jumping on Beer yet because his wagon seems too convenient. I don't know how to explain it better than that right now. I do see the points against him and will most likely vote him soon. But I'm not going to rush myself just to get a town read from you. After our last game together I know you will scum read me for most of the game since that's what you did last time. I flipped town in that game, just like I will here. And to be fair, I will probably scum read you for most of the game because your play style seems scummy to me. And you also flipped town in our last game. So that does make me reluctantly feel you are probably town here.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:33 am

Post by Skybird »

Sonic X, I know the Sonic head is usually a posting fiend. You seem very restrained so far this game. What's up with that?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:36 am

Post by Varsoon »

Beach City is based off the many Delaware beach towns that the show's creator, Rebecca Sugar, visited when she was a kid.

Spoiler:
Last edited by Varsoon on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”