Mini 479: Care Bears Mafia - Abandoned in Every Way.

MissMoo
MissMoo
Goon
MissMoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:03 am

Post by MissMoo »

Kwanton wrote:
DeanWinchester wrote:I'm thinking its an sk. Judging by how abillities seem to only be usable/activate on certain nights i think its unlikely we have a compelled vig.
Is it more likely to have an activated SK? I've never played in a delayed role action game before so I don't know. But I'm going based on my knowledge of normal roles and the number of people playing. With 12 people to start, and the fact this game started with night makes me thing there would be only one anti-town killing faction i.e. mafia. An SK also would make the game unbalanced IMO.
An SK would be balanced out by a resurrector role, wouldn't it? Considering GreenLiquid's not giving us roles with deaths, and that there are "a lot of powers" [with delayed activation], we might just have one (or more) for balance.

Between that and the fact that we had absolutely no discussion before now, I can't see a pro-town reason for a Vig to kill N1 on a night-start game. (This is assuming there aren't role restrictions...which would totally suck IMO.)

FOS: Kwanton and Somada
for automatically jumping to the Vig conclusion and not considering the SK alternative. Only scum would know that there wasn't an SK. Granted, this theory only works if we have an irresponsible Vig or a Vig with role restrictions, but I'm hoping scum made their first slip...
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:36 am

Post by Dr. Blackstrike »

FOS: Kwanton and Somada for automatically jumping to the Vig conclusion and not considering the SK alternative. Only scum would know that there wasn't an SK. Granted, this theory only works if we have an irresponsible Vig or a Vig with role restrictions, but I'm hoping scum made their first slip...
Why would scum know their wasn't an SK? Scum would just know they were mafia...
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.

[size=75] Last edited by Dr. Blackstrike on Sat Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 times in total [/size]
Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by Kwanton »

Dr. Blackstrike wrote:
FOS: Kwanton and Somada for automatically jumping to the Vig conclusion and not considering the SK alternative. Only scum would know that there wasn't an SK. Granted, this theory only works if we have an irresponsible Vig or a Vig with role restrictions, but I'm hoping scum made their first slip...
Why would scum know their wasn't an SK? Scum would just know they were mafia...
QFT. At the begining of the game there should be only two people who know if there is an SK. That is the mod and the SK.

I explained why I thought it was a vig. I said, that since it's a mini game with only twelve, two anti-town killing roles would be pushing it. And clouds don't seem like a scummy way to kill someone(but it's care bears so idk). Also I think I read that this is a non-vanilla game so if all mafia members have an additional power, then an SK would make the game terribly unbalanced even if there was a resurector role.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:32 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

Kwanton wrote: At the begining of the game there should be only two people who know if there is an SK. That is the mod and the SK.
Or possibly a Psychiatrist.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
MissMoo
MissMoo
Goon
MissMoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:44 am

Post by MissMoo »

Dr. Blackstrike wrote:Why would scum know their wasn't an SK? Scum would just know they were mafia...
I guess I see scum throwing a few names back and forth and when Haut Boy turned up dead N1 (assuming he was on a short list) the other scum were like "Oooh, one of is a SK, let's make the town think they have a vigilante!"
Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:19 am

Post by Kwanton »

Psychiatrist is an extremely rare role.

MissMoo I've already explained why I thought it was a vig. Personally I think mafia would not care if the SK was ousted or not. The SK doesn't know who is on their side so the SK is just as likely to kill other scum as town.

And wouldn't it make sense that we have a vig? It's a pretty common role and I've only played a few games without one (lyncher and survivor and the like).
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:20 am

Unvote Jex
Vote Kwanton

Seems as though the only way you'd know who was this vig/sk is... if you were him.

Are you an sk?
Are you a vig?

[size=75] Last edited by Dr. Blackstrike on Sat Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am; edited 1 times in total [/size]
Bob700
Bob700
Townie
Bob700
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:12 am

Post by Bob700 »

I may be going out on a limb here, but... What does it matter if we have a Vig, or SK, or both, or Neither?

All we know is that there were two night kills. That means to our knowledge, we have at least two killing factions. One, (One type of Scum). Two, (Some type of Rogue killer).

We should really start focusing on catching scum, not wondering who is (Vig, SK). We have 10 people left. That should mean there are a small amount of scum in the game. Killing someone not scum, will just help the scum win.
Because everyone knows... Internet. Serious Business.
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:06 pm

Post by camisade »

Bob700 wrote: Killing someone not scum, will just help the scum win.
No way!!
Bob700
Bob700
Townie
Bob700
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Bob700 »

camisade wrote:
No way!!
O Rly?
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:36 pm

Bob700 wrote:
camisade wrote:
No way!!
O Rly?
I think he was being sarcastic.

Bob700
Bob700
Townie
Bob700
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by Bob700 »

Dr. Blackstrike wrote:
Bob700 wrote:
camisade wrote:
No way!!
O Rly?
No Wai! >.>
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:17 pm

Bob700 wrote:
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:
Bob700 wrote:
camisade wrote:
No way!!
O Rly?
No Wai! >.>
I think you're being sarcastic. :D

Somada
Somada
Townie
Somada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by Somada »

Dr. Blackstrike wrote:
Bob700 wrote:
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:
Bob700 wrote:
camisade wrote:
No way!!
O Rly?
No Wai! >.>
I think you're being sarcastic. :D
Ya rly!
Somada
Somada
Townie
Somada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:04 pm

Post by Somada »

Bob700 wrote:We should really start focusing on catching scum, not wondering who is (Vig, SK). We have 10 people left. That should mean there are a small amount of scum in the game. Killing someone not scum, will just help the scum win.
To get back on topic, I agree with the not looking for a second faction part. Looking for the vig will give the scum a massive target, and looking for the SK will distract us from the scum.
Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:54 pm

Post by Kwanton »

Kwanton wrote:QFT. At the begining of the game there should be only two people who know if there is an SK. That is the mod and the SK.
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:Seems as though the only way you'd know who was this vig/sk is... if you were him.
That's basically exactly what I said worded differently.

So you vote me and your reason for the vote is a reiteration of something I said?

Point out where I said I knew who the vig/SK was. Right now it looks like your fishing for a nonexistent reason to vote me.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:58 pm

Post by Jex »

Kwanton wrote:
Kwanton wrote:QFT. At the begining of the game there should be only two people who know if there is an SK. That is the mod and the SK.
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:Seems as though the only way you'd know who was this vig/sk is... if you were him.
That's basically exactly what I said worded differently.

So you vote me and your reason for the vote is a reiteration of something I said?

Point out where I said I knew who the vig/SK was. Right now it looks like your fishing for a nonexistent reason to vote me.
wow! Can we say overkill? Big
FOS Kwanton
for completely over reacting to a pretty much random vote
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:08 pm

Post by Kwanton »

Jex wrote:
Kwanton wrote:wow! Can we say overkill? Big
FOS Kwanton
Random vote? He accused me of being the SK/vig with no basis whatsoever. Overreacting? I didn't vote him. I didn't FOS him. I asked him for evidence as to the reasons he voted for me.
Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:09 pm

Post by Kwanton »

Jeez I screwed up that quoting job. Well I'm sure you guys can figure it out lol.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:37 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

VOTE COUNT

Nanosauromo (2)- Somada, Qman
camisade (1)- Jex
DeanWinchester (1)- camisade
Dr. Blackstrike (1)- Bob700
Kwanton (1)- Dr. Blackstrike
Qman (1)- Nanosauromo
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:28 am

Post by camisade »

In a mini-game isn't it important to lynch SKs (if there even is one) especially when there are delayed activation powers?

And if it's a vig I don't understand the logic of killing randomly the first night.
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:14 am

Kwanton wrote:
Jex wrote:
Kwanton wrote:wow! Can we say overkill? Big
FOS Kwanton
Random vote? He accused me of being the SK/vig with no basis whatsoever. Overreacting? I didn't vote him. I didn't FOS him. I asked him for evidence as to the reasons he voted for me.

It was your first post that made me suspious. This part of it actually:
2 NK's are bad with this amount of people. Cloud suffocation does not seem like a scummy way to kill someone so I assume it was a vigilante. If that is the case then
fos vigilante
for killing night 1 without any leads.
It's bit... off color, somehow. I can't really explain it. Seems like you're reading just a tad bit too much into this. Anyway, I just thought I'd vote you and see how you react. Now your response has me even more convinced I need to keep my vote where it's at.

I'll think about it though, and maybe you can persaude me to move my vote. :D

Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:10 pm

Post by Kwanton »

"If that is the case"

Yep that's what I said. I never said it was definitely the vig. I said my reasons why I think it's the vig. I said I "assume" it's the vig. And if it is the vig would you want to keep one that kills on the first night?

So you found my first post suspicious when there wasn't even a vote. I FOS'd a role. Not even a player. If that makes you suspicious maybe you're "reading just a tad bit too much into this"
Dr. Blackstrike
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Dr. Blackstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:06 am

Hey guys, I've just found out my internet access will likely be interminent/non-existant for about a week. GL tells me this is fine, but I thought you should know.

camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:37 am

Post by camisade »

It's very quiet...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”