SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:11 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 796, Cheetory6 wrote::facepalm:
FA is still scummiest to me.
People should vote him.
Silver should remember to go back and read him for me please.

If he doesn't get lynched, he's an excellent cop check tonight. He's playing way too under the radar. I haven't even been thinking about him which reminds me of my scum play to a certain extent-at least one aspect of it anyway. Contribute enough to not be lurking too much, but not so much that you are the center of attention either. Do nothing scummy but don't have everyone talking about you all the time either. In a game with 21 people, it's easy to hide behind them at the beginning of the game whether town or scum which is why I'm not putting too much stock in this right now. But he's suspicious to me for this reason alone. That's also one reason, the real active people aren't too suspicious to me right now besides the fact I haven't see anything suspicious from them yet.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:14 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Here is a brief case before I have to run:
i) His vote was really sticky earlygame on RVS votes while he was calling other people scummy and would have had more of a basis in voting for them.
ii) At one point he defends Elusive in such a way that it comes back around and feels moreso like a defense of himself and it just looks really sleazy IMO:
FA wrote:When the person that was 'pressured' to responds fails to do so and is not in threat of lynching at the time, what is scummy about vote parking until there is a better candidate. I usually do this as well tbh and don't move my vote until there is someone that I read as scum. It is why my vote sat so long on shinobi until viking started posting like scum and the case against him pulled my vote.

iii) His push on Elusive now makes that defense look even worse and the push itself feels a little opportunistic. Like he was weighing what the public opinion was of Elusive before jumping on or something.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:21 am

Post by dragonspawn »

If you couldn't vote FA who would you vote for?
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:23 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 781, Boonskiies wrote:Hmm...I never unvoted him. Did something happen that reset the votes? I was the first person to vote dragon,

VOTE: dragon

no its just me fucking up VC again

Why do you feel the need to tell us that you were the first one to vote? Nobody was arguing that.

In post 789, SilverWolf wrote:dragon-You seem to be making a lot of excuses for not providing content D1.

This.

In post 792, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 789, SilverWolf wrote:dragon-You seem to be making a lot of excuses for not providing content D1.

Hold your horses. I'm doing more than you realize. I think I'm doing more than you might realize.

See like, what's the point of this post? You're just trying to shove it in our faces that you've been doing things

In post 795, dragonspawn wrote:It seems likely that is what it is. The most suspicious one of them is FA though. He has actively been suspicious of me and yet votes for Viking. By it makes sense that he might do that just from knowing my meta.

Well, I was actively suspicious of you, and was voting viking, but you're town reading me.

People should vote him.

What is your case on FA? Sorry if I've missed it, link it if that's the case.

In post 797, pisskop wrote:
Dragon

In post 791, dragonspawn wrote:Wolf because of meta. House a combo of meta and other reason.

-Please explain what scumWolf plays like.
-Also explain your House read as best you can.
-What did the Viking wagon tell you?

In post 788, dragonspawn wrote:Day 1 I usually do put more stock in meta. Otherwise we usually have nothing to discuss.

I don't agree with this. Reaction testing, pressure voting, and examining the motivations behind posts work as well or better than meta. Meta is only one way to scumhunt.

In post 405, dragonspawn wrote:You must be really pushing to vote for the people who were on the tso wagon then.

In post 418, dragonspawn wrote:considering you guys made it clear you were voting for tso to pressure him until he stopped lurking.

In post 634, dragonspawn wrote:why would the scum bother trying to counter a tso wagon if he was scum? Every indication was that the tso wagon was meant to put pressure on him to respond. He responded and the wagon everyone's attention was elsewhere before the wagons took off.

What is your fixation with TSO's wagon? You sure mention it a lot.

Hey, Pisskop. You seem to be asking a lot of questions and not doing much with them. What's your view on recent events and the game state as of now?

I'm not quite sure about that claim, TBH, as it reminds me a little bit of the gunsmith claim I made in simple complexity, just the way it was carried out. Having said that, doing anything about it is kind of useless today. If somebody else has a CC, I'd say keep it to yourself until tomorrow, so that we could not only lynch this guy, but have a confirmed townie tomorrow as well.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:27 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 802, dragonspawn wrote:If you couldn't vote FA who would you vote for?
I mean I probably would have voted for viking before his claim :/

Beyond that Kitz has struck me as playing kind of safe.

@Aero
, look up yoh.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:30 am

Post by elusive »

In post 786, FA_Q2 wrote:
unvote

well, that is a change of pace.

One post that has not sat well with me thus far:
In post 661, elusive wrote: ~ SNIP ~

A lot of people are reading elusive as town but I really do not get that. This post reads like randomly tossing out reads to seem town. He is reading me as town and really there is little reason to do so considering the limited posting that I have been able to do (and then states he hates lurkers). I think that thus far he is the ONLY player to do so. @elusive - why are you reading me as town?

Vote: Elusive

(and yes, I just scum read someone because they town read me...)

FA_Q2, it was the post you made about why I might be keeping my vote on someone which mirrored my own thoughts and thus felt like a townie mindset. Each of the people on that list are there for a reason, you only have to ask. Cheetory linked to your post above (I'm not sure how its sleazy though?).

Oh and P.S. Elusive is a She, you see when you read my post and then looked at the avatar and name its right there, in the open. Ta da!

Aeronaut, maybe my paranoia levels are high but the last point you made seem to give scum bright ideas about CCing tomorrow. If a player was cop and didn't CC today (which I think unlikely given they there is possibility of protection) then I imagine they are playing the long game and will wait for a scum result to claim. I don't know, a player ccing tomorrow - they would need to give us a scum to be believed.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:39 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Aero,

the difference between you and Fa is that you are providing many posts of substance to look at. FA has not given me as much. In addition, you provided reasons for going to Viking. I didn't seen reasoning quite so strong for FA voting that way.

the post to wolf was mostly for her sake not anyone else.

so what do you think of FA anyway? What about cheetory, Jared, or grib?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:47 am

Post by T S O »

Requesting replacement for Jared.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:50 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 801, Cheetory6 wrote:Here is a brief case before I have to run:
i) His vote was really sticky earlygame on RVS votes while he was calling other people scummy and would have had more of a basis in voting for them.
ii) At one point he defends Elusive in such a way that it comes back around and feels moreso like a defense of himself and it just looks really sleazy IMO:
FA wrote:When the person that was 'pressured' to responds fails to do so and is not in threat of lynching at the time, what is scummy about vote parking until there is a better candidate. I usually do this as well tbh and don't move my vote until there is someone that I read as scum. It is why my vote sat so long on shinobi until viking started posting like scum and the case against him pulled my vote.

iii) His push on Elusive now makes that defense look even worse and the push itself feels a little opportunistic. Like he was weighing what the public opinion was of Elusive before jumping on or something.

2nd

Am I doing it right?
2023 W/L | 1-0
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:50 am

Post by T S O »

Shinobi, have you sorted me? Because I just remembered I was townreading you for saying you were going to do so, and I liked your early game pushes because of that, but you've faded out for me from then on.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Oh wow, that 2nd was for the replacement, not for cheetory.... nessesarily.

In the middle of replying to that, Cheets. Didn't see it before I posted before
2023 W/L | 1-0
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:56 am

Post by T S O »

If you agree with it, say so. It might get the mod to get Jared out faster, which I'm all for at this stage.
-Marquis
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:56 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 807, T S O wrote:
Requesting replacement for Jared.

Yes
mod
, please do this.

Thanks!!
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:07 am

Post by elusive »

Vote House

Someone else stated the reasons and I agree.

If Jared is replaced although I am still not a fan of the lurkers or the active lurker or the pretending to do stuff but lurking.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:08 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 806, dragonspawn wrote:

Understood.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:08 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 813, elusive wrote:
Vote House

Nope, that's not how it works. You tell me YOUR reasons for voting for House.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:12 am

Post by elusive »

My reasons for voting House (some of which were already stated in my posts btw)
1. He's whiplashed with the "this is townie" then "this is scum" way too much - it makes it seem like he could jump out and go either way with those kinds of back and forth
2. Seems super aggressive but when I look back I can't figure out how his aggressiveness is moving the game forward and also was trying to steamroll the viking lynch
3. Skimming the other game (the one you linked to) he was scum and it seems like he's doing the same things here
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:15 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 809, T S O wrote:Shinobi, have you sorted me? Because I just remembered I was townreading you for saying you were going to do so, and I liked your early game pushes because of that, but you've faded out for me from then on.

Sort of, but I've been busy.

What exactly was the point of voting VF? You only jumped on his lynch after he softed.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:15 am

Post by Shinobi »

All of your questions in regards to his claim are completely token and I don't understand what the point of that was.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:20 am

Post by T S O »

In post 818, Shinobi wrote:All of your questions in regards to his claim are completely token and I don't understand what the point of that was.

...they were? I don't feel any of them were, can you explain this further?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:21 am

Post by T S O »

I was trying to get him to be specific quickly in case I could prove ika's Cop format matched, or more ideally did -not- match what he'd told us.
-Marquis
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:22 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 798, dragonspawn wrote:and I know meta isn't the only way to read people day 1 but I've found it effective.

I agree that meta can be effective to an extent, but it seems like you're relying on only that to read people, as well defending yourself (e.g. you've been quick to accept people reading you as someone who gets lynched early). Are there other things your relying on besides that?

In post 800, SilverWolf wrote:
People should vote him.

If he doesn't get lynched, he's an excellent cop check tonight. He's playing way too under the radar. I haven't even been thinking about him which reminds me of my scum play to a certain extent-at least one aspect of it anyway. Contribute enough to not be lurking too much, but not so much that you are the center of attention either. Do nothing scummy but don't have everyone talking about you all the time either. In a game with 21 people, it's easy to hide behind them at the beginning of the game whether town or scum which is why I'm not putting too much stock in this right now. But he's suspicious to me for this reason alone. That's also one reason, the real active people aren't too suspicious to me right now besides the fact I haven't see anything suspicious from them yet.

I'd also feel safer doing this.

In post 801, Cheetory6 wrote:Here is a brief case before I have to run:

This case is alright, in my opinion. I'd like to hear a less abridged version when you're less busy. I think I'll try to look into FA a bit more, though.

In post 805, elusive wrote:
Aeronaut, maybe my paranoia levels are high but the last point you made seem to give scum bright ideas about CCing tomorrow. If a player was cop and didn't CC today (which I think unlikely given they there is possibility of protection) then I imagine they are playing the long game and will wait for a scum result to claim. I don't know, a player ccing tomorrow - they would need to give us a scum to be believed.

I've read this post like three times and I can't quite figure out what you mean here. If scum were to fakeCC tomorrow, yes, that would get Viking lynched, however, when we saw the flip, we could just lynch the scum the next day. That sort of thing wouldn't really be worth it to the scum team, numbers-wise.

In post 806, dragonspawn wrote:Aero,

the difference between you and Fa is that you are providing many posts of substance to look at. FA has not given me as much. In addition, you provided reasons for going to Viking. I didn't seen reasoning quite so strong for FA voting that way.

so what do you think of FA anyway? What about cheetory, Jared, or grib?

I've been largely ignoring FA, but I agree a bit with what Cheetory is saying, so he's a bit more on my radar now. I think I'll make myself some tea and take a look at him and a few others I've been meaning to look into, mainly Wake and Pisskop. Jared strikes me as someone who didn't realize how big a game they were getting themselves into, especially given his join date. Null.

Actually, he's leaning town by the shitty wagon he's become.

Grib, I'm starting to wonder about. More on this later.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 813, elusive wrote:
Vote House

If Jared is replaced although I am still not a fan of the lurkers or the active lurker or the pretending to do stuff but lurking.

:facepalm:

Is anyone but you even voting for house?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Shinobi »

Acryon, calling people scum because of gut isn't doing you any favors. Come up with real analysis that isn't based on hopes and dreams.

@TSO: The questions you asked in regards to his role pm looked completely meaningless. Sure, I
guess
you could potentially catch someone messing up their role pm but it all seems so convenient after he softclaimed.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:29 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Yeah, when I have time I'll also be looking into Pisskop who've I've barely noticed just like I've barely noticed FA.

I really, really don't like not noticing people and those two are the biggest offenders. They need much, much closer scrutiny and this is just a note to myself to do that.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”