Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

@House

How Indeed.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 324, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 322, Wake1 wrote:
Paranoia is sort of justified in Mafia, when you actually do have people in your group that want to deceive and murder you, so...

And as was said before, Scum-Belisarius is just one example of Scum trying to get me to mislynch someone. *Can provide links.

Who would you vote for if you had to right now?

I also asked this and did not get a response. am also curious of the answer.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 318, SilverWolf wrote:

Klingon and Kitz need to do something, anything because right now, not only are they not voting, but not saying much either. Kitz is better than Klingon for that meta post.

I'm V/LA till next Tuesday. I can skim through the game and make a few superficial posts, but getting deep into it is impossible for the next few days. :(
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:08 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 327, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 318, SilverWolf wrote:

Klingon and Kitz need to do something, anything because right now, not only are they not voting, but not saying much either. Kitz is better than Klingon for that meta post.

I'm V/LA till next Tuesday. I can skim through the game and make a few superficial posts, but getting deep into it is impossible for the next few days. :(

You're excused. I forgot about that.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:29 pm

Post by elusive »

Maybe people should try reverse psychology on Wake?

Wake, do not vote. It's imperative that you not vote until given permission to do so.

Grib, are you town?
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Wake if you vote for someone, that's a scumclaim and we're turbolynching you
2023 W/L | 1-0
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

LOL-Good idea. I was thinking of voting for him and seeing if that did anything but I like your ideas better.

Wake-do not vote, for the love of everything sacred, keep your vote to yourself or we are all doomed!!

Also, Wake voting is a scumclaim.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 321, House wrote:
Who's got the short attention span, now?

:igmeou: Do you expect a real answer from him, or are you just asking questions?

In post 325, Albert B. Rampage wrote:@House
How Indeed.

I'm not sure what this means. When you feel like not being cryptic I'd like to be let in on it. And apparently so do a few other people.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by House »

In post 332, pisskop wrote:
In post 321, House wrote:
Who's got the short attention span, now?

:igmeou: Do you expect a real answer from him, or are you just asking questions?

The only one "just asking questions" here is you.

I asked a question. He evaded, so I pushed again.

At which point he's still evading and earning my FoS. Not enough for a scumread on its own, but I'm leaning that way.

What's your problem with my interest in ABR?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by pisskop »

So you do expect answers from him . . .

I find ABR stonefaced in any alignment, and I didn't think people thought they could sort him this early. I'll be looking forward to you pursuing your interest in the future.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Paranoia is sort of justified in Mafia, when you actually do have people in your group that want to deceive and murder you, so...

And as was said before, Scum-Belisarius is just one example of Scum trying to get me to mislynch someone. *Can provide links.

Not sure.

We have limited knowledge,
and I can already see the kvetching from various sorts no matter who I vote
and I would rather vote when I feel good about it. The game just started. What is the justification for voting someone currently, when we have barely had enough discussion to warrant votes based on analysis and reads?

Who would
you
vote for, and why? Is it based on knowledge, guesswork, feeling, or a combination of the three? We don't have workable knowledge, because no deaths or claims have occurred. Guesswork and feeling is rampant, and more often than not, incorrect. You ask me who I would vote for right now, and I say I simply don't know, because I don't, and if that is not good enough for you then there is not much else I can tell you at the moment, because my life does not revolve around this awesomely complex game.

I do have initial feelings regarding certain players, but you practically demand that I vote yet will undoubtedly scoff at the feelings behind the reasoning for said vote. You probably want me to vote in order to pick apart and attack it, which in itself is disingenuous, and further makes me want to choose my actions wisely, because I like to have solid reasoning behind each and every one of my actions in general. If I felt your intentions were honest, that you wanted to know who I'd vote for without also planning to attack it, I'd be more inclined to do so.

Who would I vote for right now? I don't know, and I am perfectly fine with that.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by elusive »

It's interesting because I see what you're saying but you're also removing kind of an aspect of the game that remains as a record. I mean votes are also done for reactions.

However, since you aren't voting - what do you plan to do - just scum hunt until you're ready?

Fight the PEER PRESSURE TO DO STUFF.

It's kind of scary.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Well, he's avoiding any kind of VCA or wagon analysis for one thing. And his fear of being scrutinized for voting is misplaced. I don't really get it at all. And he's taking away the power of his vote by not using it.

I don't think the motives are scummy though. Just a little strange.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 335, Wake1 wrote:

Not sure.

We have limited knowledge,
and I can already see the kvetching from various sorts no matter who I vote
and I would rather vote when I feel good about it. The game just started. What is the justification for voting someone currently, when we have barely had enough discussion to warrant votes based on analysis and reads?

Who would
you
vote for, and why? Is it based on knowledge, guesswork, feeling, or a combination of the three? We don't have workable knowledge, because no deaths or claims have occurred. Guesswork and feeling is rampant, and more often than not, incorrect. You ask me who I would vote for right now, and I say I simply don't know, because I don't, and if that is not good enough for you then there is not much else I can tell you at the moment, because my life does not revolve around this awesomely complex game.

I do have initial feelings regarding certain players, but you practically demand that I vote yet will undoubtedly scoff at the feelings behind the reasoning for said vote. You probably want me to vote in order to pick apart and attack it, which in itself is disingenuous, and further makes me want to choose my actions wisely, because I like to have solid reasoning behind each and every one of my actions in general. If I felt your intentions were honest, that you wanted to know who I'd vote for without also planning to attack it, I'd be more inclined to do so.

Who would I vote for right now? I don't know, and I am perfectly fine with that.

Alright. I'm going to say it; this sort of looks to me like you intentionally trying to say a lot without saying much. You've just written a paragraph on why you don't want to give solid opinions. You're purposely not showing your angles, but letting everyone else show theirs.

C'mon Wake, you're better than this :/
2023 W/L | 1-0
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 336, elusive wrote:It's interesting because I see what you're saying but you're also removing kind of an aspect of the game that remains as a record. I mean votes are also done for reactions.

However, since you aren't voting - what do you plan to do - just scum hunt until you're ready?

It's kind of scary.

How long have you been playing Mafia?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by elusive »

Well, you mean play mafia in general or play mafia well? I've been playing mafia for a while now (about 5 forum games some where else and some in progress here and another place and a lot of Town of Salem). However, all my early games I was very sheepy and fluff focused and recently I've been trying to get better at actually playing well.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by House »

In post 336, elusive wrote:It's interesting because I see what you're saying but you're also removing kind of an aspect of the game that remains as a record. I mean votes are also done for reactions.

It's kind of scary.

This is a towny post.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Scarcity creates value.

It applies to gold and virtually everything else.

How much power does the player who votes tens or hundreds of times in a game have?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:15 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

WTF is up with this? I don't even know what to say to this. You don't want anyone to question your vote? I wasn't planning on attacking you Wake.

TSO picked apart my vote on him twice and said he didn't like it. Cheetory didn't like the tone of some of my posts and said so. Do you see me freaking out and squeezing a stress ball in the corner? Well, if I was squeezing a stress ball you wouldn't see it but just visualize it Wake.

I'm not sure what this is all about. I want to say townie paranoia but I'm not wanting to townread this behavior or call it scummy. Maybe just null for now and keep an eye on it.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 341, House wrote:

It's kind of scary.

This is a towny post.

Why is it towny?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 343, SilverWolf wrote:

WTF is up with this? I don't even know what to say to this. You don't want anyone to question your vote? I wasn't planning on attacking you Wake.

TSO picked apart my vote on him twice and said he didn't like it. Cheetory didn't like the tone of some of my posts and said so. Do you see me freaking out and squeezing a stress ball in the corner? Well, if I was squeezing a stress ball you wouldn't see it but just visualize it Wake.

I'm not sure what this is all about. I want to say townie paranoia but I'm not wanting to townread this behavior or call it scummy. Maybe just null for now and keep an eye on it.

You have it completely wrong.

If I get into this game, it will create chaos. If I start to move things and stir the waters, things will happen. By nature I am a catalyst. Taking off these restraints and seeing to it that things happen in this game may cause some to not want to play with my style. It may sound self-aggrandizing to you, but it isn't, but the truth, and is both an immense strength and an immense weakness. I can be a very powerful player, but I can't really play if I turn some players off because of it.

There is no paranoia. There's only the restrained yet fearless desire to pierce through everything and everyone in order to pull out the truth. You stab at things to see how they bleed in Mafia. Some people don't like being aggressively interrogated. I'm not stressed at all. I don't want to seem to over-powering, because it's not fun having few to play with (we're not talking trolling or uncivil behavior: just being a strong-willed personality).
— House*
— Nosferatu*
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 345, Wake1 wrote:
In post 343, SilverWolf wrote:

You have it completely wrong.

If I get into this game, it will create chaos. If I start to move things and stir the waters, things will happen. By nature I am a catalyst. Taking off these restraints and seeing to it that things happen in this game may cause some to not want to play with my style. It may sound self-aggrandizing to you, but it isn't, but the truth, and is both an immense strength and an immense weakness. I can be a very powerful player, but I can't really play if I turn some players off because of it.

There is no paranoia. There's only the restrained yet fearless desire to pierce through everything and everyone in order to pull out the truth. You stab at things to see how they bleed in Mafia. Some people don't like being aggressively interrogated. I'm not stressed at all. I don't want to seem to over-powering, because it's not fun having few to play with (we're not talking trolling or uncivil behavior: just being a strong-willed personality).

You are the all powerful Wake. :wink:

Your friends know you and aren't going to care as long as you aren't abusive.

But OK, that's fine for now. But eventually you will have to join the party.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Oh, and I also have an extreme dislike for mislynching people (Because I hate being mislynched, too).
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Post by Shinobi »

This wake guy is kinda cool imo.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:45 pm

Post by vikingfan »

holy cow, I leave for a day and 5 new pages explode. Will take a look and post after work tomorrow, I'm sure several more pages will be up by then.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”