House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:36 am

Post by House »

In post 299, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Everyone not voting should vote.

Speaking of voting, explain your vote on pisskop, please.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Grib »

In post 277, Wake1 wrote:
Grib

(37) | (89) | (103) | (218) | (220) | (221)

What We Know

Votes Silverwolf in . Votes FA_Q2 in . Says he wants to see what happens in regards to Wolfie's inquiry into his naked vote (). Complains of fluffy spam in , and asks FA_Q2 to pressure him. Makes known his dread for Large games in , and opines in that Boonskiies is suspicious in general, and, though unasked, tells acryon he thinks he's Town.

How I'm Reading This

His apparent reason for voting FA_Q2 is fine with me, because in general it's good to vote somebody to spur reactions. My case is special, because my history contains those who either kill me first, or try to manipulate my intense focus. By withholding my vote, they cannot control it, and I'll swing my sword down when
I
am ready. His complaining of spam and fluff feels misplaced, because it's not like he's been doing much, and he can certainly wade into the discussion and contribute instead of complaining. Instead of asking someone to pressure him, perhaps he should be trying to pressure others? While I don't get the feeling these events are suspicious, they do feel neutral at best, and sub-optimal at worst. Am curious why he thinks Boonskiies is suspicious in general.

What I do find just a bit suspicious is his seemingly out-of-place comment that he thinks acryon is Town so very early in this game.

Where The Player Stands

Unremarkable Neutrality.
Instead of complaining, do please contribute. An explanation for your unsought and untimely trust in acryon ought to be given in detail.

A+.

I told acryon I was townreading him because he asked me about Boon, whom I did not have a read on. So I gave him a different read instead. When I was reading the thread, acryon stuck out to me as someone pushing the game forward a little in the midst of the fluffing. Not 100% town the end everyone else go home, but it's something.

Boonskiies is just one of those people who tends to be scummy town. In every game I've played with him (where we were both town), I wanted him dead. I'm trying to work on that.

I wouldn't say I was complaining in that post. It was a pretty neutral comment. Like making small talk about the weather.

In post 278, SilverWolf wrote:Wake, Why not ask Grib straight out why he's townreading acryon or finds Boon suspicious?

I do agree that his townread on acryon is off considering acryon hasn't done anything especially townie in this game.

I will also say that Grib has a history of voting me first in games we play together and has used the totally rolled town line it 2 other games we've played where he's been town. He was scum with me in a game and was townread by pretty much everyone.

So Grib's actually a light townread for me just because his nonchalant attitude is pretty typical for him as town, where as scum he puts more effort in.

You can check Ika's 402 to see the scum game I'm talking about if it interests you. It's not quite the same set-up because Grib and I and Xay were all on different teams by ourselves and House was also in that game as town. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=59515

My first vote is always on someone I've played with before. Failing that, I just toss out either a silly RVS vote or a self-vote.

Thanks for rolling town with me this game. <3

In post 280, elusive wrote:I also know Grib from a off-site thing and I agree with SilverWolf's read of him. She also leans town to me.

Hey there. Did you roll scum?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:49 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 297, ika wrote:
VC 1.0
Pisskop: acryon, ABR [L-9]

FA_Q2: Grib [L-8]

SilverWolf: Cheetory6 [L-10]

Grib: Jared615 [L-10]

Wake88: croboss [L-10]

Shinobi: FA_Q2, dragonspawn [L-9]

T S O: Shinobi, Pisskop, SilverWolf, Aeronaut, vikingfan [L-6]

acryon: Naked jogger [L-10]

ABR: elusive [L-10]

Aeronaut: House, Boonskiies [L-9]

Not voting: TSO, Wake88, Klingoncelt, kitz

21 alive, 11 to lynch

(expired on 2015-02-22 00:00:00)

Mod notes: replacing croboss, ABR will be due for a prod when i get back from work if he doesnt post

@mod
Jared615 is voting TSO and Cheetory6 is voting FA_Q2
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:52 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Agree'd or tell us who you'd like to vote for.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:06 am

Post by T S O »

In post 248, Boonskiies wrote:@T S O - You're right...damn it! We had a moment. BoonS O for life!

*breaks down sobbing tears of joy*

In post 253, SilverWolf wrote:I don't especially like TSO's entrance into this game at all and I'm perfectly fine with my vote where it is.

I quite liked my entrance into the game, really - can you explain where you're coming from with this? I fail to see it.

In post 254, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 253, SilverWolf wrote:I don't especially like TSO's entrance into this game at all and I'm perfectly fine with my vote where it is.

it does seem like alot more effort than I usually see when I'm in a game with him but who knows at this point.

I'm sorry if I don't remember you, but have we played before? If you're from that USMB board, my game there was completely non-indicative of my usual levels of activity, contribution and basically everything.

In post 256, Shinobi wrote:If TSO is townreading me, that means he's buddying me and is scum.

:o

(His catchup is actually kind of good and I'm parsing it now.)

Or maybe this is nefarious scum-TSO tricking you again with my dastardly tricks! *crowd gasps*

In post 257, Shinobi wrote:TSO, why exactly do you think viking's post is town?

I don't want to go making this quote wall any longer than it needs to be - give me a bit to do this.

In post 258, Aeronaut wrote:T S O's catchup was good, IMO... however it does seem sort off from what your average T S O does work-wise. It almost struck me as a Wake post, which is basically the polar opposite.

I agree - I feel like I'm betraying myself by doing this tryhard shit right now but sadly a combination of a lot of TSO-centred post + my not being here for a bit means I have to.

I hope this doesn't affect our relationship.

In post 262, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 260, Shinobi wrote:

@Silverwolf: What's fake about it?

I've never played with TSO before but his reads just did not seem genuine. I mean he gave a town read to vikingfan and Jared over nothing posts, and then with Shinobi it was bad when he called for everyone to pile on but then it was super towny when Shinobi was talking about how tough TSO was to read and why he was applying pressure and then he goes on to defend Shinobi against one of dragonspawn's comments which just looked like buddying to me. Then called me bad for not calling for a prod with my vote but Aero sheeped me and that was town which was just inconsistent and not genuine at all.

Again, I need to go through this in a separate post.

In post 263, elusive wrote:
In post 241, T S O wrote:
In post 48, elusive wrote:Hmm...three votes on Grib. That's odd so soon.

FA_QT and crosboss, avatars?

Vote TSO
for being late to the party.

Wait, so you found it weird Grib had three votes, and proceeded to place my fourth vote?

Explain this to me.

What's there to explain?

Because your mindset doesn't particularly make sense in that post - voting me there isn't inherently bad but noting Grib had three votes would also mean you'd have noted the multiple votes on me, and calling the fact Grib had a wagon odd while then going on to immediately fuel mine is incongruent.

In post 264, pisskop wrote:
In post 228, T S O wrote:get deathtunneled son

Soo, referencing the last game we played a year ago is a
bad
thing? I'm kind of sad; I thought I was good for spotting scum 200 posts in . . . :(

I was referencing it too! More specifically, my deathtunnel on you in that game. :wink:

In post 265, FA_Q2 wrote:
I could hardly call what TSO did here as playing...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/o ... ce.377844/

I do believe that this is the same TSO.

not sure what to make of TSO's reads at this point. While they are fairly weak almost the entire thread has been fluff so there is little to build a read on.

Like I said, my play there was inactive and whatever else, yadda yadda.

In post 282, Klingoncelt wrote:Happy Scumday, TSO!

Thank you! It doesn't seem like 2 years at all.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 300, House wrote:

He appears scummy.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:23 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

And I'm not enthused by the TSO wagon.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:34 am

Post by T S O »

Alright, wagon composition:

In post 8, Shinobi wrote:y u vot me :(
VOTE: TSO

Because I don't trust him.

This is pretty null, really - I'm in the minority who believe RVS-stuff can be very alignment-indicative but it's just null.

In post 14, pisskop wrote:
vote: T S O

Still mad about 1473 bro.

Very slight townread for making a wagon - it's easier in RVS to just vote someone else with no votes because there's 0 risk of backfire.

In post 15, Boonskiies wrote:VOTE: T S O

I thought we had a moment in Masquerade, bruh...:'(

This is decently town - Boon has every reason to do this after Masquerade :wink:. But, yes, I like this.

In post 48, elusive wrote:Hmm...three votes on Grib. That's odd so soon.

FA_QT and crosboss, avatars?

Vote TSO
for being late to the party.

I've gone through why I don't like this.

In post 74, Shinobi wrote:YO.

Keep piling votes on TSO until he actually starts playing the game.

I didn't like this at first glance because it was uncalled-for pressure but with his later posting about wanting to sort me because he's been misreading me that uneasiness is gone; wanting to sort townreads early is a very town mindset.

In post 83, SilverWolf wrote:All right TSO, you've been posting elsewhere. There's no excuse any more. Get in here and play.

I gueeeessss if SilverWolf was assessing my play based solely off that USMB she'd think I was a chronic lurker which would alleviate this a bit. I still like it less than the others - it's not elusive-level of dislike but it's a tier above it.

In post 84, Aeronaut wrote:Busted

I'm in favor of this over the current circlejerk

I'm finding it hard to make up my mind on this one - I don't think I can genuinely say it's town or it's scum. It has an impetuous-town feel to it at first glance, but ...idk. no.

In post 88, vikingfan wrote:I can get on board with a TSO wagon since he's obviously lurking
unvote
VOTE: tso

I couldn't remember what I liked about this, so I went back to look at my previous post, and I haven't said it there.

No, really, that's it - I have no idea why I was townreading this earlier and don't have any interest in faking a read to back my previous stance up. Guess I read it too quickly. Such is life.

In post 204, Jared615 wrote:VOTE: TSO

Aeronaut and Silverwolf seem very town to me.

This is town because Jared, in this post, is openly saying he is voting the largest wagon (which I don't think scum would do with literally 0 explanation) as well as saying, by proxy, that he has read the game. This is a questionable move, and he's not leaving himself any back doors by saying he hasn't read either. For me, this is quite town, more because of the naked vote than any other.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:34 am

Post by T S O »

Now, you fucks, I have exams tomorrow and that's all the goddamn content I plan to produce - go digest it.
-Marquis
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by elusive »

In post 280, elusive wrote:I also know Grib from a off-site thing and I agree with SilverWolf's read of him. She also leans town to me.

Hey there. Did you roll scum?[/quote]

Nope, I never roll scum :P

Are you town?

I have setup questions or I guess what is this type of setup called and is there a Wiki with possible roles and number of town, scum and any third parties?

TSO, the vote on you was based one me looking at the player list and who I didn't see post yet. Grib posted and you hadn't posted at all and were all lurkery. Anything else?

Although, your explanation of Jared's post in your post #307 doesn't make sense. What the what the what?

GL on exams, though.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by elusive »

That quote that's missing a quote tag is from Gribblypuff's quote.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 309, elusive wrote:

I have setup questions or I guess what is this type of setup called and is there a Wiki with possible roles and number of town, scum and any third parties?

It's a closed set-up so we don't know what's at play but it's a Normal game so there has to be some guidelines the game has to follow.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by House »

In post 305, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 300, House wrote:

He appears scummy.

Okay. How does he appear scummy?

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 96, Aeronaut wrote:Ok. Let's generate discussion

@Everyone: what's the biggest flaw in your towngame? Your scumgame?

I am quite paranoid, and my scumhunting is not as directed as a result
I am more interested and focused on creating wifom/drama than getting people lynched.

In post 79, acryon wrote:
In post 77, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Vote: pisskop

What made you vote pisskop here?

In post 54, Wake1 wrote:Pisskop looks like the kinda guy who might buckle under pressure. Maybe? I dunno.

Yo. I suspect this is why.
In post 305, Albert B. Rampage wrote:He appears scummy.

So because I was on the TSO wagon I'm scummy? I thought it was a random vote like most the others thus far.

In post 167, Cheetory6 wrote:
Aero wrote:Are you saying SW has forced tone, or we do?

Idk, her tone feels genuine for now, to me, as well as similar to town games I've played with her.
I'm saying that her tone feels forced to me. That it seems to me like she's trying really hard to seem proactive in a way that I feel isn't real.

@Silver
, will lurk game you linked when I have some spare time tonight. Been putting off homework to be here. q.q

Do you still feel that Silverwolf is forcing her tone? If not, where did it stop?

In post 220, Grib wrote:Normally I stick to micros.

Indeed, although I tend to play with 9-13 players in games. The game feels much less involved with more players.

In post 221, Grib wrote:
I tend to think Boonskiies is scummy in general, so I'll get back to you on that. Gun to head, null.

??? What did Boonskiies do in this game that was generally scummy?

In post 252, dragonspawn wrote:Btw at this point I'm getting a scum vibe from shinobi and Viking

I get Shinobi, but why is Vikingfan getting scumread?

In post 303, SilverWolf wrote:

Agree'd or tell us who you'd like to vote for.

Why would they tell us who they would like to instead of actually voting?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by pisskop »

unvote
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by House »

In post 313, pisskop wrote:

In post 79, acryon wrote:
In post 77, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Vote: pisskop

What made you vote pisskop here?

In post 54, Wake1 wrote:Pisskop looks like the kinda guy who might buckle under pressure. Maybe? I dunno.

Yo. I suspect this is why.

Yo, why do you feel the need to answer for Wake?

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by House »

[quote="In post 314, pisskop"][/quote]

Why the naked unvote of T S O?

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by pisskop »

What? I'm suggesting that ABR saw that line and decided to place a vote. From what I've seen of ABR, it seems to fit his general playstyle.
Why do you think I answering anything for Wake?

In post 316, House wrote:
Why the naked unvote of T S O?

Because he isn't a scumread, and it isn't RVS any longer. It was overdue by page 13.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:52 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Because Wake is a paranoid freak about his vote and won't cast it unless he's good and ready because apparently it's so special we all want to manipulate it and force him to put it where we want it to go.

Or something like that.

Klingon and Kitz need to do something, anything because right now, not only are they not voting, but not saying much either. Kitz is better than Klingon for that meta post.

TSO has done a better analysis on his wagon than last time but still hasn't told us who he finds the scummiest in the game or voted so................

In post 314, pisskop wrote:
unvote

Why would you just unvote instead of voting for your top scumread after just asking me that question about voting? Why was your vote on the TSO wagon random if we were already out of RVS and who do you find scummy enough to vote for now? You said Shinobi earlier but why?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:57 pm

Post by House »

In post 317, pisskop wrote:What? I'm suggesting that ABR saw that line and decided to place a vote. From what I've seen of ABR, it seems to fit his general playstyle.
Why do you think I answering anything for Wake?

Because I have the attention span of a gnat.

Why do you feel the need to answer for ABR?

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:11 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 318, SilverWolf wrote:Why would you just unvote instead of voting for your top scumread after just asking me that question about voting?

I wonder if Cheetory isn't putting on a show for the town, and see Shinobi as kinda scummy atm.
I didn't vote for anyone else yet because I'm asking questions, and I'm not sure they need pressure yet. I want to see the reactions to my questions before I vote.

In post 319, House wrote:Because I have the attention span of a gnat.

I've noticed. :\

I was sharing what information I had. You asked ABR the same question as Acryon, in 300.
. Did you not find ABR's answer sufficient?

Acryon

What did you think about ABR's answer?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by House »

In post 320, pisskop wrote:

I was sharing what information I had. You asked ABR the same question as Acryon, in 300.
. Did you not find ABR's answer sufficient?

Considering the followup question I posted, it's pretty obvious I didn't.

Who's got the short attention span, now?

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 318, SilverWolf wrote:

Because Wake is a paranoid freak about his vote and won't cast it unless he's good and ready because apparently it's so special we all want to manipulate it and force him to put it where we want it to go.

Paranoia is sort of justified in Mafia, when you actually do have people in your group that want to deceive and murder you, so...

And as was said before, Scum-Belisarius is just one example of Scum trying to get me to mislynch someone. *Can provide links.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by Grib »

pisskop: He hasn't done anything this game, that was just a general statement.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 322, Wake1 wrote:
Paranoia is sort of justified in Mafia, when you actually do have people in your group that want to deceive and murder you, so...

And as was said before, Scum-Belisarius is just one example of Scum trying to get me to mislynch someone. *Can provide links.

Who would you vote for if you had to right now?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”