SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 1908, farside22 wrote:
In post 1890, vezokpiraka wrote:I'm not lynching ceph day 1 when we have like 4 heavy lurkers.

Fuck your egos and lynch scum not inflate your self worth.

I agree with not lynching cephrir.

In post 1893, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 1890, vezokpiraka wrote:I'm not lynching ceph day 1 when we have like 4 heavy lurkers.

Since when did lynching lurkers equal lynching scum?

I won't help lynch a town read based on reasons I disagree with.
Still waiting for why rach is a town read.
Her case is not the same as mine at all.

I'm not clear as to how her case was different. Can you lay it out for me?

I've given my reasons for townreading Rach in my list of reads:
In post 1771, Solar Wind wrote:
4) RachMarie
- Rach's initial aggression against the hydras felt genuine. Also thought the paranoia of Bitmap in felt town especially given her earlier stance that Bitmap is good as scum. Her asking whether people think it is multiball in felt less likely to come from scum as is the callout to Mastin to vote her despite us and Imperium townreading her which almost felt like a dare. Her overall generally demeanor feels overwhelmingly town and she drives the game forward at several points probing into people's reasoning for their reads and shepherding the non-voters into consolidating a wagon to avoid a deadline lynch. I have no idea why it matters that she confused Mastin with Bitmap. It doesn't take away from my townread in the slightest.

Can you explain your reasons for townreading Cephrir?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

@everyone:

This --

In post 1915, Cephrir wrote:I have observed you playing town in Mafia on the Air. This has nothing to do with what you were doing, so much as how you were doing it. I observed that your style is completely counter to mine. I thought I could mislynch you because your town play looked unlike my picture of how a townie plays. Therefore, I am surprised when I agree with you.

-- is scum. In Mafia on the Air, Ceph didn't push my lynch because I thought differently. If anything, it was the exact opposite: I repeated something in the game that had been said by Ceph's hydra partner in a neighborhood PM, and then Ceph proceeded to push my lynch under the theory that I was stealing their thoughts and analysis. The truth is that I hadn't looked at the neighborhood PM so I had no idea what was said there. But Ceph saying my thinking was counterintuitive and that that's why he pushed my lynch is pure bullshit.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Far, please look at my case on Ceph. Look at the stuff F-16 cited from other games showing what he's capable of faking as scum. How is this not convincing you that he's scum here?
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

@ FT, I think I can follow where you are coming from with the Mafia On The Air reference. There were a couple of things that made me second guess the read mostly based on how he soft-claimed although it is not enough to never lynch him. Ceph is also widely townread. Assuming Ceph doesn't get lynched, who are your other choices? Right now, I have Mastin/AP/VysePresident in my scumlist. Similar issues with Mastin as Ceph and I'm second guessing my AP read. Vyse is probably the one I'd be comfortable with.

As for TiphaineDeath, his vote on us sucks especially after I described him as impulsive but Ffery's reading him strongly as town and Ihave a weak-ish townread there so I doubt we'd be voting him today.

I also have mild concerns about Farside and Skybird but they are fleeting and I could be easily wrong.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Lack of posts isn't a scum-tell by itself, and you kinda fall into the lurker category, so I'm not sure how you can make this argument with a straight-face. Please look at my case on Ceph.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1967, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 1966, Cephrir wrote:I would love love love to have been a fly on the wall in this conversation.

You can be.

It starts here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p5862832

Imma read this later. Thanks.

In post 1970, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1913, Cephrir wrote:Mastin, please get in here. I do not want to be forced to vote for you for self preservation today.
You'd get lynched over me if I claimed and explained my actions. I'll say that much.

So, votes go elsewhere.

Like I said.
I can tell you who is town to some extent.
I have the vaguest of vague scumreads.

Don't really have much other than that.
Like as an example, I can see the Skybird read, but something else made me ambivalent when I saw an equal and opposite reason for Skybird to maybe be scum.

I really don't have much to contribute right now.

Like even you, mainly because I frankly haven't been bothering to read your posts, I don't have a read one way or the other; I've simply not put in any effort to sort you. Given your claim, probably more likely town than not, and REGARDLESS, even without any claim from you you're not someone I'd want to lynch without a scumread on you (one I most certainly haven't had even the slightest niggle of since you came in, even though it's taken you softclaiming to get even the slightest niggle of a townread), meaning definitely not a D1 lynch.

But there's not much else to say.

Read my posts :P

In post 1976, FourTrouble wrote:@everyone:

This --

In post 1915, Cephrir wrote:I have observed you playing town in Mafia on the Air. This has nothing to do with what you were doing, so much as how you were doing it. I observed that your style is completely counter to mine. I thought I could mislynch you because your town play looked unlike my picture of how a townie plays. Therefore, I am surprised when I agree with you.

-- is scum. In Mafia on the Air, Ceph didn't push my lynch because I thought differently. If anything, it was the exact opposite: I repeated something in the game that had been said by Ceph's hydra partner in a neighborhood PM, and then Ceph proceeded to push my lynch under the theory that I was stealing their thoughts and analysis. The truth is that I hadn't looked at the neighborhood PM so I had no idea what was said there. But Ceph saying my thinking was counterintuitive and that that's why he pushed my lynch is pure bullshit.

Oh yeah, that too. I totally forgot about that.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 1976, FourTrouble wrote:@everyone:

This --

I see where you're coming from here, but iirc it was Mara who was pushing that whole stance. Ceph might have too, I'm not sure, but Mara was the one most vocal about it.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Let's stick on Ceph. I think we can get others to understand.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Imperium, it was actually Ceph who first brought it up in the game -- Mara was just more vocal in general but that was the basis of both their pushes.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

I'll wait but I'm not optimistic and I strongly prefer we lynch Vyse over Ace. Heading off to class now.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 1983, FourTrouble wrote:Imperium, it was actually Ceph who first brought it up in the game -- Mara was just more vocal in general but that was the basis of both their pushes.

Oh okay. Never mind then.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:41 pm

Post by TiphaineDeath »

I am reasonably certain that will get me modkilled cephrir, direct quotation and all that :/.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

TD, why'd you move your vote off Ceph and onto Solar? You were saying Ceph was scum. Solar was too. Explain your logic there.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Also, what're your thoughts on my Ceph case?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 1977, FourTrouble wrote:Far, please look at my case on Ceph. Look at the stuff F-16 cited from other games showing what he's capable of faking as scum. How is this not convincing you that he's scum here?

I'll read it but don't expect anything till Thursday.
I'm going to be busy most of tomorrow.

Frankly I have no issue with paranoia but has either you or solar looked at ciphrir's town games to see if there is a difference? Or is everything based on how cephrir can be as scum?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

I have played with town-Ceph twice and scum-Ceph twice. Also, please explain your townread on Ceph. (This is F-16 btw).
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 1989, farside22 wrote:
In post 1977, FourTrouble wrote:Far, please look at my case on Ceph. Look at the stuff F-16 cited from other games showing what he's capable of faking as scum. How is this not convincing you that he's scum here?

Frankly I have no issue with paranoia but has either you or solar looked at ciphrir's town games to see if there is a difference? Or is everything based on how cephrir can be as scum?

The reason for my scumread on Ceph isn't "paranoia" and never has been. I quoted the posts from Ceph's scum to House because House's read was rudimentary. He townread Ceph because Ceph ATE'd. I showed that it shouldn't be a towntell but rather null.

Neither me nor FT have been making Ceph-cases with paranoia in mind or for the reasons you think that we are.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1983, FourTrouble wrote:Imperium, it was actually Ceph who first brought it up in the game -- Mara was just more vocal in general but that was the basis of both their pushes.

Mara was much more fixated on this way more than I was. I'm not sure whether I pushed it myself very much or not, but I think it's a stretch to call it the basis of my push.

To be fair, I am not looking at it right now.

In post 1986, TiphaineDeath wrote:I am reasonably certain that will get me modkilled cephrir, direct quotation and all that :/.

Everyone, please look at this and consider what it is a response to.

TD, if you are somehow town, why don't you ask the mod. By your logic, I should have been modkilled for asking the question.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Actually, I will spell it out for you.

In post 1956, Cephrir wrote:TD, I need you to do me one favor. I need you to make a post that says, word for word, the following, and nothing else:

My win condition in this game is "You win when all threats have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same."

In post 1986, TiphaineDeath wrote:I am reasonably certain that will get me modkilled cephrir, direct quotation and all that :/.
Bartleby the Scrivener
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 1991, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 1989, farside22 wrote:

The reason for my scumread on Ceph isn't "paranoia" and never has been. I quoted the posts from Ceph's scum to House because House's read was rudimentary. He townread Ceph because Ceph ATE'd. I showed that it shouldn't be a towntell but rather null.

Neither me nor FT have been making Ceph-cases with paranoia in mind or for the reasons you think that we are.

*grumbles*

I'll get on the computer tomorrow the earliest so I can grab quotes why I get the impression I do.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

@ FT, did you observe Ceph's crumbs so far? (Don't out it if you have). I have a decent idea what it is. I feel like his role is the kind of role we used to play with on DDO a while ago but soon stopped using it lately as it was redundant with a more straightforward role especially with the way Ceph is using it. I will say that the role is fairly uncommon on mafiascum. Let me know how that affects your read on him.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:16 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm just going to say before I head to bed.
No one ever agrees why I town read people. I have a feeling anything I say about cephrir will be put under the category of he could do that as scum counter point.
To save myself that agrevation and time and engergy. I'm simply going to say my cephrir town read is gut based.

I'll expand on why the case on cephrir reads more under meta and expectations as I've read it, tomorrow.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 1990, Solar Wind wrote:I have played with town-Ceph twice and scum-Ceph twice. Also, please explain your townread on Ceph. (This is F-16 btw).

And I have played with him more times than I can remember, starting in March 2013. He's a great example of evolving meta, especially his town game, IMO.

That said, my certainty that he's scum in this game was never close to 100%, and it's faded considerably. F-16's certainty has faded too.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

House just posting in our QT he wants to chain lynch me and TSO. Starting with TSO. How is that a town mindset?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1995, Solar Wind wrote:@ FT, did you observe Ceph's crumbs so far? (Don't out it if you have). I have a decent idea what it is. I feel like his role is the kind of role we used to play with on DDO a while ago but soon stopped using it lately as it was redundant with a more straightforward role especially with the way Ceph is using it. I will say that the role is fairly uncommon on mafiascum. Let me know how that affects your read on him.

I've definitely noticed.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”