SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

Aero is also left, lost him in the shuffle
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:17 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Because my actions re. him don't make sense from a scum-buddy point of view. "lol my points are still valid fuck you." <3.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

That's not an answer.

What actions. Why not.
Bartleby the Scrivener
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:48 am

Post by farside22 »

Alright vezo and cephrir, I'll get off my box for now but consider me not happy with rach or her "case"

Vote: ace
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 1923, House wrote:
In post 1919, Skybird wrote:Knowing that the deadline is closing in, I wanted to get an updated/more complete reads list out here. I'm still missing 8 or 9 players and will get to them as soon as I can. RL commitments will have me constrained for the next few days.

Town: FourTrouble, Farside, Imperium, ooba,
Leaning Town: Ankamius, SolarWind, PV
Null: House (leaning town), ZZZX
Leaning Scum: Beast, Ace, Cephrir, Mastin
Out for the Day: Metal Sonic and bitmap

Reasons for the reads
Spoiler:
I’ve re-read FourTrouble’s and Ankamius’ ISOs. I feel good calling FourTrouble town for his questions and engaging others. I’m leaning town on Ankamius. At the beginning of the game he felt scummy, mostly for not wanting to read and his posts complaining about amount of posts to go through. But after that he starts interacting more and his posts read more townish.

I’m still leaning scum on Ace. I re-read his ISO and there’s very little engagement. Granted he has spent a large part of this day defending himself from the plural neighborhoods comment but he only gives one or two reads on people in all this time.

ZZZX is null. His ISO contains a couple of comments in some posts and promises to read and post more tomorrow. I could lynch him if we can’t agree on someone I feel is more scummy.

Ooba’s ISO shows someone who is engaged and actively trying to figure out the game. He provides reads on players and some reasons. I feel he is town.

PV hasn’t posted much but what he has posted so far feels town to me. This is more of a meta read based on the one game we played together.

You gave reasons for a null read but not for a lean town read? Wha?

I told you earlier that I don't trust my town read on you. Your scum game and your town game are too similar for me to figure out this early in the game.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:37 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 1928, farside22 wrote:Alright vezo and cephrir, I'll get off my box for now but consider me not happy with rach or her "case"

I'm not voting ace because of rach's case.

He's been scummy and absent especially when heat got to him.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1771, Solar Wind wrote:5) Ankamius - While I hate his entrance and lazy posts of nothing, the way he dropped the Nacho-tell in Post 480 after his initial scumread on Imperium felt incredibly understated and genuine and I loved the follow-up in Post 486.

I don't see what you are seeing here. The initial scumread on Imperium came without reading most of their posts, which doesn't seem town motivated to me. Dropping it because "wrong head" doesn't do all that much for me.

In post 1771, Solar Wind wrote:His list of reads in Post 847 feel pretty damn town and his reads on us, Imperium, Rach, and Mastin show a lot of scumhunting depth and I absolutely loved the effort he put into refining his reads in Post 1542 by ISOing his unsorted list and I think it way less likely for scum to be as pro-active since he wasn't under any pressure to do it at all.

You call that depth? It looks pretty fakeable to me.

And the Mastin read is one sentence.

Also, I don't mind the idea of someone putting effort in by ISOing, but it seems to me you are running on the assumption that Ankamius is the type of player to sit back and do nothing as scum rather than trying to look town. I have no reason to think that is the case.

In post 1771, Solar Wind wrote:6) Skybird - Although I disliked Brantz's Post 153 as most of his reads are incredibly wishy-washy, I could chalk it down to it being early game and his "My brain wants to scum read everyone who said they aren't going to read any of the discussion from the confirmation stage, but there are a lot of them so I don't think its actually a tell. resonated as it matched my thoughts exactly.

I actually don't mind his wishy washy reads. I tend to not mind that though because it reminds me of me. There were only, like, 5 people tops who said they weren't reading things... I don't see why that precludes it from being analyzed.

In post 1771, Solar Wind wrote:his vote on Vezok in Post 500 makes sense given his previous stances.

Consistency isn't hard, is it? I still feel like you're assuming these players are bad.

In post 1771, Solar Wind wrote:The rest of his posts up until his replace out felt like he was genuinely trying to keep up and follow leads and actually replacing out shows that it wasn't scum lurking it out.

Yeah maybe.

In post 1771, Solar Wind wrote:Skybird's entrance was tonally aggressive and felt town and the way she's looking at interactions between Metal Sonic, Beast, and TheAceOfSpades and her probing them further felt genuine. Overall, fairly certain this slot is town.

I don't find it tonally aggressive? The message is aggressive (MS is scum, I want to vote for him) but is not said in a terribly aggressive way ("that strikes me as X", "his post progression reads more scummy" -- that's passive voice if anything)

Skybird feels new enough that I'm willing to give her a few points for being consistent, but I would like to see her being more proactive.

More coming later. Between a more focused iso and some of your points I don't think I want to lynch Skybird today. I feel nullish on the slot now and I can do better than that.
Bartleby the Scrivener
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:08 am

Post by House »

In post 1924, Cephrir wrote:
21. iHouse (House and Eyestott)House: I am liking House's recent posts more. Is it because he's supporting me a bit? Yeah maybe. Especially since I suspected him earlier, and I like the way he's been doing it. Not lynching here today.

How am I supporting you, and why do you read that as town instead of appeasement?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:09 am

Post by House »

In post 1929, Skybird wrote:
In post 1923, House wrote:
In post 1919, Skybird wrote:Knowing that the deadline is closing in, I wanted to get an updated/more complete reads list out here. I'm still missing 8 or 9 players and will get to them as soon as I can. RL commitments will have me constrained for the next few days.

Town: FourTrouble, Farside, Imperium, ooba,
Leaning Town: Ankamius, SolarWind, PV
Null: House (leaning town), ZZZX
Leaning Scum: Beast, Ace, Cephrir, Mastin
Out for the Day: Metal Sonic and bitmap

Reasons for the reads
Spoiler:
I’ve re-read FourTrouble’s and Ankamius’ ISOs. I feel good calling FourTrouble town for his questions and engaging others. I’m leaning town on Ankamius. At the beginning of the game he felt scummy, mostly for not wanting to read and his posts complaining about amount of posts to go through. But after that he starts interacting more and his posts read more townish.

I’m still leaning scum on Ace. I re-read his ISO and there’s very little engagement. Granted he has spent a large part of this day defending himself from the plural neighborhoods comment but he only gives one or two reads on people in all this time.

ZZZX is null. His ISO contains a couple of comments in some posts and promises to read and post more tomorrow. I could lynch him if we can’t agree on someone I feel is more scummy.

Ooba’s ISO shows someone who is engaged and actively trying to figure out the game. He provides reads on players and some reasons. I feel he is town.

PV hasn’t posted much but what he has posted so far feels town to me. This is more of a meta read based on the one game we played together.

You gave reasons for a null read but not for a lean town read? Wha?

I told you earlier that I don't trust my town read on you. Your scum game and your town game are too similar for me to figure out this early in the game.

I know. I just enjoy reading it. ^^

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1932, House wrote:
In post 1924, Cephrir wrote:
21. iHouse (House and Eyestott)House: I am liking House's recent posts more. Is it because he's supporting me a bit? Yeah maybe. Especially since I suspected him earlier, and I like the way he's been doing it. Not lynching here today.

How am I supporting you, and why do you read that as town instead of appeasement?

I'm not saying you supporting me somewhat is a necessarily town thing, only that it is a thing (and I think that I am subconsciously affected by that). That said, I generally expect people I correctly scumread to behave more at odds with me and see me as an adversary.

I'm actually quite vulnerable to being appeased and buddied and I know this intellectually but it gives me good feels anyway and I'm not great at weeding that out of how I feel about people. And really it doesn't steer me wrong all that often, scum tend to see me as a mislynch target when I'm town more often than they try to get on my good side-- it's not worth it to get on my good side, because except when I'm really on a roll I tend not to be an influential player.
Bartleby the Scrivener
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:28 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1930, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 1928, farside22 wrote:Alright vezo and cephrir, I'll get off my box for now but consider me not happy with rach or her "case"

I'm not voting ace because of rach's case.

He's been scummy and absent especially when heat got to him.

I know your not. Just grumbling about rach getting away with horrible posting.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by TiphaineDeath »

It may not be the answer you want, but an answer it certainly is. Go iso me, it makes sense, I honestly can't be fucked to help you because the only reasons I don't think you're scum right now is because I remembered solar is.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm not backing up your statements for you. That is not my job.
Bartleby the Scrivener
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by TiphaineDeath »

That's nice.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by House »

Leave Cephrir alone.

His interaction with me was genuine. He's town.

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1744, RachMarie wrote:Could you explain WHY you think I am scum?
Nope, not really. It's a vanity read. I have it, but I'm not going to push it. Wouldn't call it just gut, but since I can't point to anything tangible, gut's the only word I have.
What do you think of the wagon on Ace?
Looks towndriven for the most part and I've thought Ace looks mildly (albeit not severely) scummy.
What other scum reads do you have at this point?
Well, you. And Aeronaught/Blonde. That's about all off the top of my head.
What is your logical analysis of the froo froos?
My analysis of the what what?
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1756, Cephrir wrote:I don't think I'll want to lynch mastin day 1 ever, because she's so useful to keep around if town.
Eh, I wouldn't say always, but more often than not.

I'll be staying around for quite some time this game, though.

'Cause I lied/omitted in my scumhunting god claim before, I actually auto-commute yet can still use actions during the night meaning that anyone targeting me is gonna fail including scum trying to nightkill me. It has an expiration date, though, so after that scum can kill me. So don't you dare think of lynching me before then. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Post by House »

In post 1941, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1756, Cephrir wrote:I don't think I'll want to lynch mastin day 1 ever, because she's so useful to keep around if town.

'Cause I lied/omitted in my scumhunting god claim before, I actually auto-commute yet can still use actions during the night meaning that anyone targeting me is gonna fail including scum trying to nightkill me. It has an expiration date, though, so after that scum can kill me. So don't you dare think of lynching me before then. :P

Why do I feel like you're just making stuff up to draw night actions?

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by T S O »

Why do you feel the need to say these things
What town motivation does saying that have
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by T S O »

like I am being more protown than you right now and I am being a useless inactive content-lacking fuck
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1761, T S O wrote:Why did you immediately dismiss Tammy when she called you scum?
Actually, I didn't.

...I dismissed Tammy after one or two posts.

:P

Please stop trying to use this as a defence, or even an explanation - it impresses raw newbies and no-one else.
Pfft, you'd be surprised.

In post 1763, Cephrir wrote:I feel similarly about Mastin, except that I have a little belief in my own ability to read her once she gets more engaged, which I would like to see happening.
Honestly, I don't think engagement from me is going to happen today. I want it to, but I can't exactly force it. Well, I can, but the results are...well, forced. :P I don't think I can get natural engagement from the current gamestate. Obviously, I'd love it if I COULD, but right now, I'm not.

I'll keep players from lynching people I think are town, but other than that, not much else.
My academy.
Agnigi
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1938, TiphaineDeath wrote:That's nice.

Don't make me use force.

In post 1942, House wrote:
In post 1941, mastin2 wrote:

Why do I feel like you're just making stuff up to draw night actions?
Shhhhhh.
Bartleby the Scrivener
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by House »

In post 1943, T S O wrote:Why do you feel the need to say these things

What scum motivation does saying it have?

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by House »

In post 1943, T S O wrote:

If mastin2 is a GF/II SK, fishing for night actions D1 is a quick & easy way to get towncred D2.

Fucking duh.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by House »

In post 1944, T S O wrote:like I am being more protown than you right now and I am being a useless inactive content-lacking fuck

Your ineptitude has nothing to do with me, so stop putting yourself on a pedestal.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”