Micro 441: Less Pressure

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:34 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

You're probably town actually.
green shirt thursdays
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:37 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 96, Pine wrote:How so?

Because I operate selfishly when I play mafia and it's much easier for me to glean reads off of people attacking me than off of people attacking other people, and nobody's going to attack me if I'm IC.

A likely story... I bet you just don't want scum to kill you with their vengekill.
Why do you throw me under the bus like this, Reck? :(
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Dear mafia please kill me love reck ps im not lying
green shirt thursdays
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:51 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

:lol:
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:12 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 97, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 90, Jingle wrote::neutral:

Her entire ISO is various shades of questionable to me. I'll explain why when I'm not trying to get a migraine. Probably tomorrow afternoon at this point.

Here, hon, I'll do the busy work for you.

In post 11, Huntress wrote:No wagon yet?

Vote: Pine

In post 19, Huntress wrote:
In post 16, Dry-fit wrote:I'm going to be following the wishes of the innocent children this game, and everyone else should do the same.

Why? They actually know slightly less than we do.

In post 17, Pine wrote:Yeah no

This is the scum, here. Disavowing responsibility and hedging his bets

We've all had a fun RVS, but it's time to play for reals now

But no vote?

I was thinking of switching to Dry-fit after 16, but now I'm happy with where my vote is.

In post 40, Huntress wrote:
Vote: Dry-fit

11 has a surface appearance of trying to generate discussion and reads, but there's no real follow through.

19 begins by marginalizing the ICs' reads, which I find suspect. Then she pushes Pine for what appears to be no reason. The idea that scum Pine is in any way more reluctant to vote when he pushes people than town pine is is alien to me.

40 is a switch off of Pine when the momentum there seems to be stalling and TTH started pushing at Xay. There's no reasoning or content, and I don't see anything from Pine that I think would have changed her mind if her original read was genuine.

Further, she'd been inactive for almost two days when I posted, which itself was cause for concern when the big problem with the thread is lack of activity.

In post 101, TellTaleHeart wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 96, Pine wrote:How so?

Because I operate selfishly when I play mafia and it's much easier for me to glean reads off of people attacking me than off of people attacking other people, and nobody's going to attack me if I'm IC.

A likely story... I bet you just don't want scum to kill you with their vengekill.
Why do you throw me under the bus like this, Reck? :(

If it helps, TTH is terrible at this game and her reads are worthless. ;)

In post 93, Huntress wrote:If I'd wanted an easy wagon I could have stayed on Dry-fit, or moved to Xayzeck following the IC's, rather than opening myself to criticism by following the most recent votes. But I think Xayzeck may be town and I was split between Dry and Pine, so I moved to a stronger scum read.

:neutral:

And my suspicion of your Dry-Fit vote and the fact that the Xay push had come before my discussion with him means nothing? As of post 40, why was Dry-fit a better vote than Pine?
This is a Parachute.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:31 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Jingley, are you scum? :(
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by Jingle »

Always, tth.
This is a Parachute.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Official Vote Count

++--
(3): Jingle, Xayzeck, Huntress
Xayzeck
(2): TellTaleHeart, xRECKONERx
Huntress
(1): ++--
Pine
(1): Dry-fit
Dry-fit
(1): Pine

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-02-07 13:00:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by Jingle »

Huntress, if you'd be so kind as to respond to 103 I'd love to read it.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by Jingle »

104, sorry.
This is a Parachute.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 106, Jingle wrote:Always, tth.

Spoiler:
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 91, ++-- wrote:Here we have the perfect "let's jump on an easy wagon" post.VOTE: Huntress

Oh, so ++-- is scum, isn't he?
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 89, Pine wrote: but abdicating responsibility for your vote while slipping quietly onto a flash wagon is just not Town-intentioned

What would you expect me to do as town in that situation if you are my top suspect?
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:50 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 110, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 106, Jingle wrote:Always, tth.

Spoiler:

I'm not sure what that means, but seriously, you should know better than to ask me that question. Have you read my signature?
This is a Parachute.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:53 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

It's less of a question and more of a lamentation that I think your win condition involves killing me.

I think you might be scum. And there's a body. Under your floorboards. Do you hear the heart beating yet?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 112, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 89, Pine wrote: but abdicating responsibility for your vote while slipping quietly onto a flash wagon is just not Town-intentioned

What would you expect me to do as town in that situation if you are my top suspect?

"Top suspect?" How can you even have a "top suspect" in post 16? No one had made any posts of substance. All I'd posted was two jokes. On page one.

No, you were making an easy, scummy vote, while at the same time setting up an "I'm not responsible" excuse for when I flip Town. Now you're blustering and making excuses for past actions

That's a scum tactic. Page 43 of the handbook, I think
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:01 am

Post by ++-- »

In post 115, Pine wrote:
In post 112, Dry-fit wrote:

"Top suspect?" How can you even have a "top suspect" in post 16? No one had made any posts of substance. All I'd posted was two jokes. On page one.

No, you were making an easy, scummy vote, while at the same time setting up an "I'm not responsible" excuse for when I flip Town. Now you're blustering and making excuses for past actions

That's a scum tactic. Page 43 of the handbook, I think

While you are right about that those posts are scummy, your reasoning is entirely wrong. The "I'm not responsible" thing doesn't mean anything at all, and could be a totally townie reaction, the bigger problem is the "let's follow the ICs... on page 1" thing. To me, it seems like that there is quite a high possibility that that post was a poorly constructed LAMIST post. However, the fact that he voted only in #41, AFTER the ICs went somewhere else, along with the #22 'keeping pressure' thing might as well give some townpoints to Dry-fit, but, as it also fits perfectly well into a possible townie-ish disguise, I'd still say that he might be slightly scummier than the average, but nowhere nearly as scummy as you're trying to make it appear.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 94, ++-- wrote:About Jingle, I could surely see his play coming from scum motivation. I'd say that he is leaning towards scum. I'm not really sure what to think about Xay. His page one L-2 would be a bold move from scum, but at the same time, it would also be a strange move from town, and that was by far his most remarkable move in this game so far, so let's say that I don't really have a read on him.

Why would it be a strange move from town? Page one wagons aren't that unusual.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 104, Jingle wrote:11 has a surface appearance of trying to generate discussion and reads, but there's no real follow through.

Are you kidding me? If not please explain what you're getting at here in the view of the context of this particular post.

In post 104, Jingle wrote:19 begins by marginalizing the ICs' reads, which I find suspect. Then she pushes Pine for what appears to be no reason. The idea that scum Pine is in any way more reluctant to vote when he pushes people than town pine is is alien to me.

You find questioning and probing to get reads "suspect" and "for no reason"?

In post 104, Jingle wrote:40 is a switch off of Pine when the momentum there seems to be stalling and TTH started pushing at Xay. There's no reasoning or content, and I don't see anything from Pine that I think would have changed her mind if her original read was genuine.

The wagon had served it's purpose in starting things moving. Pine responded without fuss to my so I moved on to Dry-fit as I had said I was thinking of doing earlier. As you can see from my , the read on Pine is still there but it's not strong enough to lock on to.

In post 104, Jingle wrote:Further, she'd been inactive for almost two days when I posted, which itself was cause for concern when the big problem with the thread is lack of activity.

Life happens. It is
not
an alignment tell.

In post 108, Jingle wrote:Huntress, if you'd be so kind as to respond to 103 I'd love to read it.

Attempting to make it look like I'm ignoring your post, are you? :P

I'm guessing it's ++--, Jingle and Pine in the library with the candlestick. Pine is the least certain of those.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 115, Pine wrote:"Top suspect?" How can you even have a "top suspect" in post 16? No one had made any posts of substance. All I'd posted was two jokes. On page one.

I can have reads on page 1. Sometimes even pretty solid ones. It's nothing unusual. I tend to base reads on one or two posts more than other players, rather than on overall play.[/quote]

[quote"Pine"]No, you were making an easy, scummy vote, while at the same time setting up an "I'm not responsible" excuse for when I flip Town. Now you're blustering and making excuses for past actions[/quote]
I don't feel its setting up an excuse. By all means I should be held responsible for the quality of my reads. I just think the ICs should make the ultimate decision about the lynch. It's not like I can make them the fall guys and get them lynched if a townie is lynched.

I would vote ++-- right now but that would be L-1 and I don't know if scum would be willing to go for quickhammer shenanigans in this setup.

C'mon Andy!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:45 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 118, Huntress wrote:
In post 104, Jingle wrote:11 has a surface appearance of trying to generate discussion and reads, but there's no real follow through.

Are you kidding me? If not please explain what you're getting at here in the view of the context of this particular post.

No kidding here. At least right now. Wagoning for the sake of wagoning has never led me to accurate reads, but it has proven quite useful in looking like it. Combine that with a lack of follow through on questioning Pine, and the picture she paints is not pretty.

In post 104, Jingle wrote:19 begins by marginalizing the ICs' reads, which I find suspect. Then she pushes Pine for what appears to be no reason. The idea that scum Pine is in any way more reluctant to vote when he pushes people than town pine is is alien to me.

You find questioning and probing to get reads "suspect" and "for no reason"?[/quote]

I find accusations with no basis in reality suspect, yes. If you're trying to build a read out of toothpicks, you're not gonna get a real read. You're gonna get a stack of toothpicks. Tell me again who is more concerned with making it look like they're looking for alignments than actually figuring things out. Unless you're Titus. Are you Titus? Or, if there's a logical basis behind the questioning, please share it with me.

In post 104, Jingle wrote:40 is a switch off of Pine when the momentum there seems to be stalling and TTH started pushing at Xay. There's no reasoning or content, and I don't see anything from Pine that I think would have changed her mind if her original read was genuine.

The wagon had served it's purpose in starting things moving. Pine responded without fuss to my so I moved on to Dry-fit as I had said I was thinking of doing earlier. As you can see from my , the read on Pine is still there but it's not strong enough to lock on to.[/quote]

And as you can see from my post 104, I'd like to know why. What did Pine do that made him less wagon-worthy? What did Dry-Fit do that made him more wagon-worthy? What about Pine's response to 19 was so compelling? They why is very important Huntress. In fact, it's more important than the what. :facepalm:

In post 104, Jingle wrote:Further, she'd been inactive for almost two days when I posted, which itself was cause for concern when the big problem with the thread is lack of activity.

Life happens. It is
not
an alignment tell.[/quote]

Cause for concern =/= alignment tell. Cause for concern = worth mentioning. Thank you.

In post 108, Jingle wrote:Huntress, if you'd be so kind as to respond to 103 I'd love to read it.

Attempting to make it look like I'm ignoring your post, are you? :P

I'm guessing it's ++--, Jingle and Pine in the library with the candlestick. Pine is the least certain of those.

Thank you, Huntress. And no, I was trying to make it look like I was waiting for a response before continuing. Possibly because I was waiting for a response before continuing. :P
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:47 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 119, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 115, Pine wrote:"Top suspect?" How can you even have a "top suspect" in post 16? No one had made any posts of substance. All I'd posted was two jokes. On page one.

I can have reads on page 1. Sometimes even pretty solid ones. It's nothing unusual. I tend to base reads on one or two posts more than other players, rather than on overall play.

[quote"Pine"]No, you were making an easy, scummy vote, while at the same time setting up an "I'm not responsible" excuse for when I flip Town. Now you're blustering and making excuses for past actions[/quote]
I don't feel its setting up an excuse. By all means I should be held responsible for the quality of my reads. I just think the ICs should make the ultimate decision about the lynch. It's not like I can make them the fall guys and get them lynched if a townie is lynched.

I would vote ++-- right now but that would be L-1 and I don't know if scum would be willing to go for quickhammer shenanigans in this setup.[/quote]

*Checks player list.

Nope, no Guyett or ika. You don't gotta worry about quickhammers.

But seriously, why are you so interested in putting him at L-1 if you're afraid of scum quickhammering. Do you think scum is gonna quickhammer other scum? Do you think it's against our interests to trade 1 for 1 with scum?

Hell, I'd be rather excited if scum quickhammered.
This is a Parachute.
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:37 am

Post by ++-- »

In post 117, Huntress wrote:
In post 94, ++-- wrote:About Jingle, I could surely see his play coming from scum motivation. I'd say that he is leaning towards scum. I'm not really sure what to think about Xay. His page one L-2 would be a bold move from scum, but at the same time, it would also be a strange move from town, and that was by far his most remarkable move in this game so far, so let's say that I don't really have a read on him.

Why would it be a strange move from town? Page one wagons aren't that unusual.

I don't know how unusual they are, I don't have too much experience with this site's meta, it seems strange to me though.

In post 120, Jingle wrote:[quote="In post 118, Huntress"

You find questioning and probing to get reads "suspect" and "for no reason"?

I find accusations with no basis in reality suspect, yes. If you're trying to build a read out of toothpicks, you're not gonna get a real read. You're gonna get a stack of toothpicks. Tell me again who is more concerned with making it look like they're looking for alignments than actually figuring things out.
[/quote]

Accusations with no basis can, in fact, be pretty protown if used properly, if analysing the reacions to the accusations, etc. Also, without further reasoning, "more concerned with making it look like they're looking for alignments than actually figuring things out" is one of the most general remarks you could possibly say.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:47 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 118, Huntress wrote:I'm guessing it's ++--, Jingle and Pine in the library with the candlestick. Pine is the least certain of those.

My guess is Jingle, Xayzeck, and Dry-Fit in the conservatory with a tuba.

I think I'm closer.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:56 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

What do you think, Reck?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”