SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:34 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1198, AngryPidgeon wrote:Any read that isn't "null" on that slot is shitty.

I strongly disagree with this.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:34 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1199, Solar Wind wrote:AP, did you miss my question about you trolling?

Apparently so, I can't find it in your last few posts.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1200, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 1198, AngryPidgeon wrote:Any read that isn't "null" on that slot is shitty.

I strongly disagree with this.

I realize that. I find it not only unreliable, but just out of the spirit of the game in general to read into things like that.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:40 pm

Post by ooba »

In post 545, FourTrouble wrote:I'm very confident that F-16 is town.

Vote Tiphaine

I hate to take pressure off vezok but this needs to happen. Still waiting for a response to my question.

In post 1186, FourTrouble wrote:
Vote Tiphaine

I'm gonna give Ceph a chance to catch up, but I'm pretty sure he's scum.

This is interesting. 'I know I was voting X - but now I'm going to vote Y - but I haven't forgotten about X'.

Scum have a mental map of their current *reads* as it appears on thread at any time. It feels like you're trying to preempt any 'Why did you forget about mantis\vezo?' statements even before someone asks.

Also, the fact that we're opposed on some critical reads {TD, Brantz, AP} on scum\town ping my scumdar.

Unvote. Vote: FourTrouble
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:44 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

Ooba, I'm pretty sure FT just wanted to wait for Ceph to catch up because he enjoys playing with Ceph and wanted to see if he was town this game.

Why is your disagreement with him on reads mean that he is scum? I agree with him on all three to various extents though I'm not sure on Brantz.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1139, Solar Wind wrote:AP, I'm going to step back one last time. Ffery found things she liked in your posting and I'm accounting for the possibility that you are town and just trolling me by intentionally hitting the markers I used to figure out scum you in Tales. If you are trolling me, stop doing that. I want to see real scumhunting effort from your side, I want to see obvtown AP and I want to see a substantial body of work. And I want to see it before the end of this day phase.

This? I'm not intentionally trolling you. You keep bringing up this point that Im playing similarly to Tales I think you have a very limited view of my meta. My play varies pretty much on a game to game basis depending on multiple factors. I don't believe in a lot of the meta things I see you use frequently in the first place. We perceive and think differently, and thats cool. Frankly, I have zero idea what you think you are seeing because I don't see it and I certainly would not be able to predict in any fashion what you would look for to even begin trying to troll you like this. And I'd find it very disrespectful to everyone to throw a game for a petty reason anyhow.

So, I'm sorry if I'm passively ignoring you. I don't really know what you want from me when you ask things like this or when you want me to be town and scumhunt naturally. Im barely into this game and I'm going to need time to get up to my maximum flying velocity. Whats the average velocity of a swallow?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

Okay, this is the sequence that bothers me.

In post 1084, TiphaineDeath wrote:"I don't understand the lurker hate, but this guy, this guy over here, I don't like the way he be lurking and talking about it."

Mantis Scum=AP Scum.

First, TD attacks AP for the double standard (i.e. defending Mantis but voting Ace). But the phrasing is off; it should say "if AP is scum, Mantis is scum." Instead, TD phrases it as "if Mantis is scum, AP is scum." It looks like TD supports lynching Mantis (town aren't looking for these associations unless you already suspect the players), or at the least predicts a potential lynch on Mantis (and is setting up a chain lynch). What bothers me most is that he doesn't take a position on Mantis; his attack is directed solely at AP. Then, of course, pressure starts mounting on Mantis:

In post 1095, Xombie wrote:VOTE: mantis

While this is happening, TD still takes no position on Mantis, and there are a few posts defending mastin (i.e. a mastin lynch is very unlikely at this point). TD, if town, wouldn't drop his mastin vote just because it's unlikely to go anywhere (especially given TD showing that he doesn't care about voting players who are widely read as town). But TD, as scum, would be looking for a new place to place his vote, as keeping his vote on mastin isn't furthering any scum objective, especially if we assume Mantis is scum and with the growing pressure on Mantis. Then, farside posts and provides the perfect cover for scum to vote Ace. Tiphaine immediately jumps on that:

In post 1115, TiphaineDeath wrote:VOTE: theaceofspades

The irony of this post is that TD was just attacking AP for voting Ace. Yet now that pressure has grown on Mantis, and that pressure has grown on Ace, and TD has the option of making a choice between Ace and Mantis, TD votes Ace. What especially bothers me is that isn't really scummy, but TD says it's so scummy that he doesn't even need to explain his vote. Which reminds me of TD's read on Vezok (the certainty doesn't match the game). Of course, his explanation (which comes later and look contrived) --

In post 1157, TiphaineDeath wrote:1114 implies lack of reading/attention paid to the game, while looking at something specifically that takes an awful lot of reading/attention to find. "I don't see how he can have those opinions," in conjunction with low attention paid, is a scum claim.

-- shows that TD's read on Ace is based on stuff that applies to a bunch of players (not reading the game carefully, but still commenting on certain things), so his vote isn't nearly as self-evident as TD claimed.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1203, ooba wrote:Scum have a mental map of their current *reads* as it appears on thread at any time. It feels like you're trying to preempt any 'Why did you forget about mantis\vezo?' statements even before someone asks.

Where does Vezok come into this?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:10 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1203, ooba wrote:Scum have a mental map of their current *reads* as it appears on thread at any time.

Also, what you're referring to are votes, not reads; I'm pretty sure most townies have (or at least should have) an idea who they're voting at any given time.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

Agree that it doesn't make sense (re: TD). I don't know if it is necessarily a cover to protect Mantis but I can't follow his thought process around AP/Spades at all. And I didn't find anything remotely scummy in that Spades post he quoted so there's that.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

It's not just about protecting Mantis. There's also the bizarre attack on AP where TD doesn't take a position re: Mantis, yet phrases AP's association to Mantis as if he's setting up a chain lynch on AP (which implies that Mantis is scum). That, combined with his vote on Ace, is exactly the pattern of behavior I'd expect from scum defending a partner.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

I haven't got to AP-town yet but if AP is town, I can potentially see scum-TD setting him up.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:57 pm

Post by TiphaineDeath »

I don't think that either mantis or AP is scum, I was just pointing out a correlation as I saw it.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by Ankamius »

ugggggg

I'll get to this game tomorrow. I'm burnt out on mafia for the night.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

Your tone towards AP felt otherwise.

Why make the link then if you don't think either are scum?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:15 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1177, Solar Wind wrote:Sweet. Ceph, if you are town, obvtown up your slot quickly and we'll steamroll the scum.
Cephrir's gonna obvtown his slot up his alignment regardless. It's the "steamroll the scum" bit you have to look out for--because if there's a conflict of interest...... :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:03 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Going to make one last try to catch up in the next day or two. If not, I'll replace. Sorry again. :(
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:21 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1216, VysePresident wrote:Going to make one last try to catch up in the next day or two. If not, I'll replace. Sorry again. :(

Why not just start fresh and say fuck reading the rest of the game? I think that's probably what I'm gonna do starting now!
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Xombie
Xombie
Goon
Xombie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:45 am

Post by Xombie »

In post 1217, Imperium wrote:
In post 1216, VysePresident wrote:Going to make one last try to catch up in the next day or two. If not, I'll replace. Sorry again. :(

Why not just start fresh and say fuck reading the rest of the game? I think that's probably what I'm gonna do starting now!

I wish I could get away with that but not reading would eat away at me lol
Xombie
Xombie
Goon
Xombie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:46 am

Post by Xombie »

It's still gonna have to wait til later tho because too tired
But it's my day off so :mrgreen:
iHouse
iHouse
Townie
iHouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:13 am

Post by iHouse »

In post 1187, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 1185, Solar Wind wrote:Why does it feel necessarily town? I can plausibly see scum thinking like that.

Not necessarily town; probably. I think there's much less time investmest required as scum - you can lurk, skim, and fake some analysis, amd you'll get by. Town, on the other hand, are gonna need to reread and reread; scum aren't. It looks to me like he was trying to catch up and didn't have anything to contribute, was struggling to develop reads, and didn't have the time to parse everything carefully. Scum would have just faked some easy posts and kept lurking.

Flawed reasoning on both ends of the spectrum.

According to your logic, I'm scum because I simply can't get interested in the game but don't replace out of games (hence my "easy posts & lurking").

A crap townread would be an easy way to help a scum buddy ease into the game with a town assumption, and I don't like that.

Replacing out is null.
Hydra of House and eyestott
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:37 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1218, Xombie wrote:
In post 1217, Imperium wrote:

I wish I could get away with that but not reading would eat away at me lol

I feel so fucking free right now! I've been guilty about not reading the game and not being invested but now I'm riding my bike with no handlebars and I don't think I'm ever going back.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:37 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1220, iHouse wrote:
In post 1187, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 1185, Solar Wind wrote:Why does it feel necessarily town? I can plausibly see scum thinking like that.

Not necessarily town; probably. I think there's much less time investmest required as scum - you can lurk, skim, and fake some analysis, amd you'll get by. Town, on the other hand, are gonna need to reread and reread; scum aren't. It looks to me like he was trying to catch up and didn't have anything to contribute, was struggling to develop reads, and didn't have the time to parse everything carefully. Scum would have just faked some easy posts and kept lurking.

Flawed reasoning on both ends of the spectrum.

According to your logic, I'm scum because I simply can't get interested in the game but don't replace out of games (hence my "easy posts & lurking").

A crap townread would be an easy way to help a scum buddy ease into the game with a town assumption, and I don't like that.

Replacing out is null.

Where is eyestott? Why did you guys decide to hydra?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:57 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1220, iHouse wrote:According to your logic, I'm scum because I simply can't get interested in the game but don't replace out of games (hence my "easy posts & lurking").

No. Just because something's a town-tell doesn't mean the opposite is a scum-tell.
iHouse
iHouse
Townie
iHouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:04 am

Post by iHouse »

In post 1223, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 1220, iHouse wrote:According to your logic, I'm scum because I simply can't get interested in the game but don't replace out of games (hence my "easy posts & lurking").

No. Just because something's a town-tell doesn't mean the opposite is a scum-tell.

In post 1187, FourTrouble wrote:Scum would have just faked some easy posts and kept lurking.

You were saying?
Hydra of House and eyestott

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”