SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:05 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

Somewhat busy at the moment so this will be quick.

No, AP's catch up wasn't town. It was designed to manipulate specific people into reading him as town. Nothing that he posted in his catchup is something that he would be unable to fake as scum. Anyone townreading AP should explain why.

Both Ffery and I are reading Imperium as town and have already explained it. Don't get why people are asking again and again. Just read our posts.

Ffery posted her reads in our hydra PT. I expect we'll probably post a list once I re-read the game and refine a few reads I suppose. She's free to post hers obviously but I'm not ready yet.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:15 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

And while I obviously want to hear from Mantis before nailing down a read there, I do understand the Mantis hate. She showed up, voted us and then disappeared. She continued posting elsewhere in multiple other games during the past several days. There's also a past game I read of her's and she knows Nacho and has certain expectations of him and I think I'd learn something about her alignment based on how she reacted to a vote from Imperium even if it was Tammy casting the vote.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:16 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 1101, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:And while I obviously want to hear from Mantis before nailing down a read there, I do understand the Mantis hate. She showed up, voted us and then disappeared. She continued posting elsewhere in multiple other games during the past several days. There's also a past game I read of her's and she knows Nacho and has certain expectations of him and I think I'd learn something about her alignment based on how she reacted to a vote from Imperium even if it was Tammy casting the vote.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:29 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 1100, Solar Wind wrote:Somewhat busy at the moment so this will be quick.

No, AP's catch up wasn't town. It was designed to manipulate specific people into reading him as town. Nothing that he posted in his catchup is something that he would be unable to fake as scum. Anyone townreading AP should explain why.

Both Ffery and I are reading Imperium as town and have already explained it. Don't get why people are asking again and again. Just read our posts.

Ffery posted her reads in our hydra PT. I expect we'll probably post a list once I re-read the game and refine a few reads I suppose. She's free to post hers obviously but I'm not ready yet.

So we shouldn't read AP as town because all he did may be faked? Then how can we read AP?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:39 am

Post by farside22 »

Imp this was the remark you made about me that seemed more like you were familiar with me as a player then just playing a game or two.

In post 465, Imperium wrote:That you're being naive about some things (Farside, ooba) and not realizing the significance of others (Rach, House). Rach opening the game with a completely different approach from her normal scum game should be a pretty large town marker, as should the vengeful claim out of the blue from House. Farside and ooba would have a decently easy time posting the things they've posted in thread as scum: both have individual town markers that are much more town and much more reliable than what they've dropped in thread so far.

I have AP as a town read, not sure where the hate is coming from there. I was more pissy with him because I was a bit tired last night and criticizing my 2 scum reads when he had 3 mentioned and 1 can't post and the other is all but invisible in this game.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:45 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1083, AngryPidgeon wrote:VOTE: theaceofspades

Is this just because of his post?

In post 1084, TiphaineDeath wrote:"I don't understand the lurker hate, but this guy, this guy over here, I don't like the way he be lurking and talking about it."

Mantis Scum=AP Scum.

In post 1093, Xombie wrote:The T S O / House interaction seems petty but makes me more confident in a town House. Unsure on T S O.
I don't get the AP scumreads, I thought his catch up posts were pretty town.
TD's thoughts on the MS/Bitmap exchange kind of mirror mine but that was cleared up with the mod confirmation with them being removed. Still, townpoints for the paranoia.

Agreed with you about tso/house.

In post 1094, Xombie wrote:
In post 1034, TiphaineDeath wrote:
AP/FT/Faraday/Xombie I want mastin opinions, go.

Absolute last person we would want to lynch today.
Scumhunting god and all.
Pretty sure she's town.

Your thoughts?

Can you explain the mastin town read to me? She is very null in my view with everything she has said thus far.

Solar: I'll get to my town read of AP shortly, working on my Ooba read first.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:54 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay so I reread the iso to remind myself of what I had noted as a person of interested, which will bring me back to aceofspades after this post.
Or I can do it all in one now that I'm at a computer.

Anyways first ooba.

In post 210, ooba wrote:I'm against outing neighbourhoods this game. Here are some scenarios where not outing actually helps:
- Scum\third party needing to target particular pantheons for their abilities
-
Town informational roles sharing info to the neighbourhood.
A cop can share his reads with the other people. One of the others can claim. etc.

In post 417, ooba wrote:
Town

13. Solar Wind (F-16_Fighting_Falcon and fferyllt)
16. Imperium (Tammy and Nacho) - Times where I had my doubts and still do - town for now though.
23. Bitmap

Please put pressure on fourth. Good chance we might have scum there.

19. Ankamius

Townish

1. Angrypidgeon - I hope he's town. Like his tone. Also not sure where he's going with the house push - but not sure if scum would choose to push that avenue right now. High level scum players might - so I'm not sure.
21. House - Not strong but leaning town for claim.
17. RachMarie - Weak town - no particular reason.

Null but some thoughts

2. Metal Sonic - Did not like the entry to the thread. Then the 'let's out all neighbourhoods' was town. The leadership\posting after that was town - his list had too many town reads. [But Solar Wind had a similar list - so idk]. Can't call him town for now.
24. Xombie - I can't really place the current vote on MS. Would scum really do that?

I noted this post because he wanted pressure on Anka but wasn't voting him and then later without much said.

In post 555, ooba wrote:This looks like vezo-town although I'm not sure if it's his scum-him trying to play to that meta. Leaning town though.

TD's entrance also felt town to me.

Vote: BRantz

He votes brantz

It's a bit random and without reasoning there.

In post 645, ooba wrote:
In post 600, farside22 wrote:What is the difference between town vezo and scum vezo?

Scum vezo is more calculated. Town vezo doesn't care for appearances as much. I don't see scum vezo drawing this much attention to his slot. Then again, it's easy to fake. (and I did mention this recently in a game too)

aceofspades wrote:As for the skim i've done on
neighborhoods
. I do have to say
they
help me. If only by limiting the information i get, and not spinning my head around freakishly.

Plural?

Also this was a really good catch by ooba and I was a bit surprised this did not get pushed more when aceofspades did post.

Now let me talk about aceofspades he has a total of 3 post.
Yup that's it.

This was the 2nd post by him

In post 850, theaceofspades wrote:Ok i'm here. Finished reading too. Just dumping my thoughts.

First, to xombie's and someone else who i can't remember thing about neighborhoods. Yes plural. This isn't a new mechanic is it? Been done before. Don't think so. Yes they (plural) help me.

MS is pretty much almost obvitown. Idk much about him though.

Bitmap Rach Ihouse imp and solar wind are also fairly strong townreads.

xombie i'm reserving judgement on.

Everyone else is almost as lurky as me. Except in a few cases

Read vezok ISO. Strong townread.

I'll iso the other guys in a moment too

The neighborhood response really reads awkward to me.
Like if I had said neighbors I would have said something more like. I have played in a lot of neighbor games and they help me. He emphasized and got snippy about it.
then he talks about lurkers in the game and doesn't really move forward till

In post 1082, theaceofspades wrote:I got prodded.

I don't really know waht to do. I feel overwhelmed with all this.

All i can really say now is that i'm adding fourtrouble to my townread list.

And i'm really not a fan of AP right now (sorry friend. i like you)

you have people talking about AP and he never said what he doesn't like or why.

Vote: theaceofspades
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1104, farside22 wrote:Imp this was the remark you made about me that seemed more like you were familiar with me as a player then just playing a game or two.

In post 465, Imperium wrote:That you're being naive about some things (Farside, ooba) and not realizing the significance of others (Rach, House). Rach opening the game with a completely different approach from her normal scum game should be a pretty large town marker, as should the vengeful claim out of the blue from House. Farside and ooba would have a decently easy time posting the things they've posted in thread as scum: both have individual town markers that are much more town and much more reliable than what they've dropped in thread so far.

That was part of a conversation nacho was having with f-16/solar winds. Nacho commented on his town reads and then f-16 thought it was weird. This was nachos elaboration on why he disagreed with the ordering of the reads.

I don't have any town markers for you. I have a general idea for how you think about the game based on something from nearly three years ago, but I've never seen you scum, so no markers. Also I have no idea how rach opens a game as scum or what her normal scum game is like because the only time I've seen her as scum is when she replaced into sleepy hollow. But I always think she looks like scum, so I depend on nacho and know a couple things about rach do to hydraing with nacho and him explaining how he reads rach.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:04 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Got it in one farside.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:16 am

Post by farside22 »

Imp: this is where my confusion comes from.
In post 479, Imperium wrote:
In post 471, Solar Wind wrote:I'm not following. I did think that Ank scumreading you guys was less likely to come from scum in general but he seems so disengaged from the game I'm not sure he even knows who the difficult lynches are. Have you played with Ank before? Also, you are presenting a thought process that would be pretty elaborate for him. I could potentially see scum showing up, feeling too lazy to read, and complaining about the mass of content. Perhaps he thought complaining about the "spam" would endear him to the rest of the players who haven't caught up. He isn't you and may not understand that manipulating influential voices is important. His scum strategy could potentially be to simply avoid a lynch and he may think that getting null-town read by the majority is sufficient to do that. Can you elaborate on this read more?

I have played with Ank before, yeah. I agree that scum motivation line is at least second level, as is the scum motivation you come up with. I think it's a simpler and more likely reality based on Ank also being annoyed by content in confirmation stage that he's a person that likes to complain to an extent and doesn't like reading tons of shit in a short amount of time.

In post 476, Ankamius wrote:Imperium: Which head have I been talking to?

Tammy. I've posted about you more recently, though.

Are you and nacho just talking whenever something catches your eye?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:14 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1109, farside22 wrote:Imp: this is where my confusion comes from.
In post 479, Imperium wrote:
In post 471, Solar Wind wrote:I'm not following. I did think that Ank scumreading you guys was less likely to come from scum in general but he seems so disengaged from the game I'm not sure he even knows who the difficult lynches are. Have you played with Ank before? Also, you are presenting a thought process that would be pretty elaborate for him. I could potentially see scum showing up, feeling too lazy to read, and complaining about the mass of content. Perhaps he thought complaining about the "spam" would endear him to the rest of the players who haven't caught up. He isn't you and may not understand that manipulating influential voices is important. His scum strategy could potentially be to simply avoid a lynch and he may think that getting null-town read by the majority is sufficient to do that. Can you elaborate on this read more?

I have played with Ank before, yeah. I agree that scum motivation line is at least second level, as is the scum motivation you come up with. I think it's a simpler and more likely reality based on Ank also being annoyed by content in confirmation stage that he's a person that likes to complain to an extent and doesn't like reading tons of shit in a short amount of time.

In post 476, Ankamius wrote:Imperium: Which head have I been talking to?

Tammy. I've posted about you more recently, though.

Are you and nacho just talking whenever something catches your eye?

I don't know why you're confused? I was posting friday day and night and Saturday night. Nacho was posting Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday morning/afternoon. Friday night I was the one questioning ank and thinking he was scummy. Nacho made that post Saturday afternoon as he was elaborating on why he thought ank was more likely town. He told ank that I was the one talking to him previously while more recently (Saturday morning) nacho had made posts about about him.

I'm not sure what you mean about posting what catches our eyes, though yeah that's probably a pretty accurate way to describe how I post while interacting with the early game in real time before I reread through the first few pages. I have done somewhat of that this week/weekend in part because of how intense the argument got between me and falcon and I needed to step back, and in part because this has been a busy crappy week. The only time nacho has posted since last Saturday was when he posted "hi Tammy" and that was because I was checking the game at the meet yesterday.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by BRantz »

Sorry everyone have been busier than initially anticipated. Will catch up tonight/tomorrow after school.
The Mask
The Mask
Goon
The Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by The Mask »

Bad week for me.

vote: four trouble

Soulless sack of poo. AP might be town, changed my mind. Don't like that he's running with his tail between his legs but I get good feelings reading him.
iHouse
iHouse
Townie
iHouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by iHouse »

X-Post: Sorry for not being here, Ill be here soon. I've been busy IRL, so I havent had time.
eyestott
Hydra of House and eyestott
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by theaceofspades »

i get snippy. i'm a snippy person. I felt it was a bit of a reach. Yes plural.

and i been busy. so i haven't posted, hopefully i can fix that.

idk what "you have people talking about AP " but for me it was mostly about 1058. Plus i totally disagree with his reads on farside and MS. And i don't really see how he could have those opinions
As the king of all cosmos remarked "is it really fun? or that it let's you forget yourself?"
aceofspades is the worst poster on site and anyone that hasn't got him on ignore is doing themselves a disservice ~N
V/LA weekends
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:37 pm

Post by TiphaineDeath »

VOTE: theaceofspades
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:41 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

What is with that vote? I highly dislike naked votes.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:52 pm

Post by dramonic »

Votecount 11: I think I did 9 twice.

BRantz (3): Ooba, vezokpiraka, PeregrineV
Theaceofspades (3): AngryPidgeon, Farside22, TiphaineDeath
vezokpiraka (3): BRantz
Solar Wind (3): Mantisdreamz, -Blonde-
Mantisdreamz (2): FourTrouble, Xombie
The Mask (1): Ankamius
AngryPidgeon (1): Imperium
Bitmap (1): RachMarie
-Blonde- (1): Mastin2
Imperium (1): TSO
FourTrouble (1): The Mask

Not voting: theaceofspades, iHouse, beastcharizard, ZZZX, Solar Wind, VysePresident
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:07 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 1103, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 1100, Solar Wind wrote:Somewhat busy at the moment so this will be quick.

So we shouldn't read AP as town because all he did may be faked? Then how can we read AP?

I'm saying the townreads on AP are undeserved because the stuff he posted so far is the kind of thing that he routinely posts as scum. Why is it town?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:08 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

For those keeping score at home, by "routinely" F16 actually means "in Tales of You"
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:08 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

And its town because Im town this game.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I'll be back. Just got out of other site commitments, .. hurray?
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:10 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 1112, The Mask wrote:Bad week for me.

vote: four trouble

Soulless sack of poo. AP might be town, changed my mind. Don't like that he's running with his tail between his legs but I get good feelings reading him.
In post 1115, TiphaineDeath wrote:VOTE: theaceofspades

I want these two votes explained.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:13 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

By the by, I was driving home today and accidentally got on 580 west instead of east. Somehow I was so engulfed in thinking about mafia in general that I didnt realize I was on the wrong freeway for about 15 minutes. In other news, I think I figured out how to read F16 in a way that will keep me sane. Its kind of funny, I never understood his complete obsession with "manipulation", particularly in Tales of You. I swear that word got dropped so many times, it lost all meaning. It makes sense to me now, because I've realized that f16 is hyper-logical/literal and probably feels that posting as scum can never really match townposting, so you HAVE to be manipulative and distracting. I think I've recently come to make sense of how he thinks in general and I think this is his town game.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1104, farside22 wrote:I have AP as a town read, not sure where the hate is coming from there. I was more pissy with him because I was a bit tired last night and criticizing my 2 scum reads when he had 3 mentioned and 1 can't post and the other is all but invisible in this game.

Im not saying having ONLY two scumreads is scummy. Im more concerned that you havent really talked about anything that you find townish from other players. You made a generic statement about everyone outside of those 2 reads, that didn't really show me that you have good reasons to think some people are town. This could just be a playstyle difference. I want to drop a name for ffery to think about, but won't cause -reasons-.

In post 1105, farside22 wrote:Is this just because of his post?

It was about 50% a reaction to him voting me. I don't think he slipped necessarily about neighborhoods; I think its far more likely he is just posturing about them to try and look town, 'cause I really don't see why he felt the need to bring it up. I can guarantee that nothing in our neighborhood has helped him so far.

Getting prodded and coughing up an easy read on FT that doesn't really make any splashes and an easier read on me after a few posts of me getting pressured. Quite plausibly scum, even if not, Im totally cool voting him until he does pro-town things.
In post 1106, farside22 wrote:you have people talking about AP and he never said what he doesn't like or why.

Vote: theaceofspades

Pretty much this. And 1114 doesn't reallllly read genuine to me at all.

Im going to call mask tentatively town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”