SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:25 am

Post by BRantz »

I go to sleep and then 10 more pages...

FT my question becomes how do you distinguish between vezok, Ank, and blonde (who's only post in the game is )? Are they all scum? What makes any of them more scummy than any other?

TD's intro is awful. It reads to me as "lets pick the most townread people in the game and stir the pot to see what happens." But the tone is off for that sort of gambit.

In post 412, farside22 wrote:
Dear lord there is lots to still read.
Do people sleep?

This is kind of what I am feeling right now too.

@vezok: This is possibly the most content I've ever seen on day 1 of a game, why are you actively trying to not analyze any of it?

@Ank: You seem to have switched to being more involved in trying to engage in the last page or two, what changed for you? (Also knowing your own meta makes it worthless )

VOTE: vezokpiraka
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 496, farside22 wrote:I'd like all hyrda's to please sign who they are when they post from here on in.
Thanks.

I don't do this. If I feel that from context it's not obvious who's posting, then I add something that should make it clear it's me and not my partner. I usually get some decent data from playing this way. And if nothing else it sets up the always hilarious interaction that goes something like this.

"Who made that post?"

"ffery"

"VOTE: fferyhydra"

And that interaction actually has some correlation with the other player's alignment.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:29 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Tiphaine, that doesn't answer my question. How is the vezok question (and my other questions) "random" and "unconnected"? Have you looked at the context in which the questions were asked? Have you looked at how the questions were answered? Have you looked at what I did in response to those answers?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:33 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 500, BRantz wrote:FT my question becomes how do you distinguish between vezok, Ank, and blonde (who's only post in the game is 424)? Are they all scum? What makes any of them more scummy than any other?

You distinguish as best you can. Ankamius engaged the game when questioned; vezok didn't.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:42 am

Post by Bitmap »

Interesting. I'm not sure what to take of TD's post yet but will think about it.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:54 am

Post by RachMarie »

Those of you who are already town reading me could you explain WHY?

Bit is actually better at being scum than town. Do not let the VI routine fool you.

Of the 3 votes on me his seems the scummiest. No reasoning giving just a bald vote after two votes have already been cast. It looks like he is going for low hanging fruit.

VOTE: Bit
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:56 am

Post by Bitmap »

You're actually high hanging fruit this game ironically.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:59 am

Post by RachMarie »

As for why I did not vote after asking why not RVS is because I did not see a point to doing a joke vote when we clearly were bypassing the RVS since without all or most people participating the RVS really kinda loses its ability to help sort people out.

PEDIT how do you figure that out Bit? Just because a couple people have already said they have a town read on me? When I had not yet posted much? Which makes me nervous because I hope that fery/falcon and nacho/tammy are town.)
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:03 am

Post by Bitmap »

Considering some to a lot of the "big" players with a lot of experience and expertise are saying you are town, wouldn't it be better for me as scum to claim you as town and ride under their wings since they have me pegged as town?
The Mask
The Mask
Goon
The Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:08 am

Post by The Mask »

Gotta be kidding. What is wrong with you guys? Pricks. This might take 2 hours before I finish.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:00 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 489, FourTrouble wrote:@Ank: You seem to have switched to being more involved in trying to engage in the last page or two, what changed for you? (Also knowing your own meta makes it worthless )

Letting the game happen for a while and staying out to reset my perspective, mainly. Sleeping helped too.

I'd agree with the meta point, also. It's true by definition because I'm arguing how it's null.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:01 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

On phone. Can't really say much now.

I like how people vote for me because I posted two things. Brantz is the most awful vote. He asks something then gives the reasom he considers correct is in the same post. That seems faked scumhunting and questioning.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:50 am

Post by BRantz »

In post 511, vezokpiraka wrote: He asks something then gives the reasom he considers correct is in the same post. That seems faked scumhunting and questioning.

What are you commenting on here specifically?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:55 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 505, RachMarie wrote:Those of you who are already town reading me could you explain WHY?

Bit is actually better at being scum than town. Do not let the VI routine fool you.

Of the 3 votes on me his seems the scummiest. No reasoning giving just a bald vote after two votes have already been cast. It looks like he is going for low hanging fruit.

You are not low hanging fruit.
Why did you focus only on those that voted you?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 505, RachMarie wrote:Those of you who are already town reading me could you explain WHY?

e

I'm leaning town on Bit.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by House »

In post 454, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 447, Bitmap wrote:@FourTrouble: What do you think of Xombie's reaction to MS's "gambit"?

It looked fine to me. Awkward but not a major concern. I think if someone says they have a guilty on you, and you're unsure whether it's a gambit, you're gonna react awkwardly even if you're town, so it's not very telling.

B/S. Town would know it's a lie and scream scum.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by Imperium »

So, I thought about some things today and there are some things I'm just not okay with, and my problems are pretty much all with Solar Wind.

My main problem is that the interaction with us feels really posturey and not at all natural or designed to read us or designed to eventually work with us should we town read each other, which would be the ultimate goal of theirs if they are town.

The interaction with us early day one doesn't feel right at all. It feels like falcon was forcing concern and paranoia about our slot because that's what he would be expected to do. (And which he did as scum in Serum and Steel and in a marathon game recently.) His response to me scum hunting also is all wrong. I scum hunted him in and his response in he basically said my posts scum hunting him would irritate him. Oh and me thinking he has a high probability of scum would irritate him. This makes no sense at all. In a similar vein in the neighborhood when I expressed my suspicion, the response - which I think came from ffery - was that I was losing some of my ffery-reading abilities. I pretty much dismissed it as a joke, but the more I think about it the more it has me concerned. I am getting much better at reading ffery, and in a few games last year she was my strongest and sometimes only confident town read, but it's not a read I had quickly. It's a read that usually took hold sometime mid day one or two, and in the last game we played together I spent real moments of paranoia over her and after the game was over I still couldn't figure out why I couldn't confidently get to town.

So, then the joke feels like a warning in a sense. And in a vacuum this post probably wouldn't warrant second attention because I would just think of it as friendly banter between people who had a difficult time reading each other but over the course of the last year had gotten much better at it. But when I look at some of falcon's posts here and in the neighborhood, it more feels like a posturey warning. It feels very much like how I treated falcon when I was scum in Fantasy Camp. I feel like the methods I used as scum against him are being parroted right back at me and it concerns me a lot.

I'm torn here though because of this post:

In post 233, Solar Wind wrote:FourTrouble, Farside, Ooba, Brantz, House and Rach are likely town. Discuss.

The list I posted in our hydra PT also included Imperium but townreading Tammy is town means it is harder to mess around with her and I wanted to do it a little longer as telling her about her towniness is boring - she hears it every game nonstop.

So maybe some of the interaction has all been trolling, but it doesn't feel that way.

Because I think about a couple of posts that just don't feel right.

In post 67, Solar Wind wrote:Not sure. I don't feel the townvibes that I'm hoping you and Tammy would give off if you are town yet. There's one other thing that bugged me but I'm going to hold on to it for now and discuss with Ffery. In the meantime, I want to see obvtown Nacho and obvtown Tammy.

This feels posturey. Like he's making demands of us because he thinks it will make him look more town to do so rather than an organic interaction.

In post 77, Solar Wind wrote:You reached out to Ffery in the post you claim I should have responded to. I assumed she would respond when she shows up.

I don't particularly see any point in posting in the neighborhood at this moment. We don't know if there's scum in there and there are, we'd be hiding our interactions from the rest of the town but not the scum.

And Tammy, I don't get what you are jumping down my throat about. You opened up with a similar post to what you did in Fantasy Camp (Empire trolled me that we drew scum) and then proceeded to reach out to Ffery which I would expect regardless of alignment although more likely town.
And I think it is far more obvious that we are town than you are so don't give me that "town is dripping from my posts" stuff.

And I share Ffery's sentiment. If you are town, I would like to figure it out quickly.

This is needlessly antagonistic and feels like it was designed to start an argument. He has seen someone antagonize me this way and saw the resultant distraction that was created that game, so it feels like he was hoping to start a fight. And I'm finding it really hard to find the town motivation in doing so. I realize that there's no real respect for me as a player or a person anymore and that's fine, but I don't understand why even if he was town and didn't want to work with me, he'd try to start an argument if he were town.

I was basically writing most of this stuff off as jokes/troll/whatever and looking at it with a cautious eye but then I got to this set of posts today:

In post 452, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 426, Imperium wrote:
In post 234, Solar Wind wrote:(Between FT and Farside with regard to read strength).

Your read strength is weird. Your reads are not.

What do you make of the fact that you think my read strength is weird?

In post 453, Solar Wind wrote:Stop making me second guess my read. It took long enough to develop that until Tammy went down a complete paranoid spiral and I realized that it is highly unlikely you guys are scum.

This makes no sense whatsoever. Last night when I didn't comment on a couple of his reads, he wondered why I hadn't. Never mind the fact, that I don't go commenting on everyone's reads all the time especially this early in the game when I'm feeling things out. I'm not going to comment for the sake of commenting when I don't feel solid one way or another or even if I sometimes do. He also asked me to have nacho talk to him about angry pidgeon.

BUT when Nacho does comment on his reads (something he clearly wanted) and agrees with the reads basically but has different strengths of those reads, it's cause for him to second guess his town read of us? I was surprised that literally noone else besides Tiphaine Death saw the problem with this post. (I'm not sure what I think of Tiphaine Death, his entrance post is kind of weird and his reasoning for thinking one of us is kinda eh when he just got done playing a game with us - Final Fantasy - and the way we interacted isn't completely different from that game and he didn't mention it at all, it's odd it's a problem for him here. But I also didn't like Falcon pointing out that HE DID NOT BUDDY US BECAUSE HE DEMANDED WE TOWN OURSELVES because it just feels like more posturing.

But this post to Nacho feels like more along those warning lines and is where I went to start revisiting some of the posts from yesterday. He's basically warning Nacho that if Nacho doesn't agree with him 100% or if he thinks a read of his is weird, that he's prepared to take back his town read of us. Which is way way way more likely to come from Falcon scum. In Serum and Steel, every time our interaction being off and him not seeming town from it, he turned it around on me. It was always my fault for our interaction not being the same. When I tried to make sense of his reads and offer my own, he shut me down and turned it around on me. And then when I finally realized he was, in fact, scum and started pushing him, he omgus'd me harder than fuck and then drowned the game in a huge distraction designed to keep me from figuring out the game and getting an adequate push on him.

I'm concerned that he's gearing up to do that here, because his interaction with us just is not natural. Or me. IDK. Something just doesn't feel right and I don't know what to do about it or how I'm supposed to feel about it. I'm putting this out there because if I don't I'm going to go insane and Nacho hasn't responded to any of my messages today.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:02 pm

Post by House »

In post 484, TiphaineDeath wrote:
I have a gut scumread on house that will take some more examining for me to explain to myself and others.

So far you're 0/2 at reading me. I think you need some Pepto, brah.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:11 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 515, House wrote:Town would know it's a lie and scream scum.

I disagree strongly with this. The specific circumstances and player matters.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by Imperium »

The town read from this hydra is coming from Nacho. I don't know why you're asking for him to explain his town read on you though when he tends to town read you.

What has Bitmap done that makes it seem like we are just dismissing him as being a VI and town reading him for that?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 405, Xombie wrote:
In post 346, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 343, Imperium wrote:
In post 340, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 321, Imperium wrote:why do you call yourself a daycop when you're obviously not?

:[

but you're trolling.

;p

...Oh. :facepalm: I feel dumb but...

How was this even obvious? Because I had Imperium as town but now I can't tell if Imperium is his scumbud trying to save his ass or...aldkjfa. Idek.

Some people really like doing fake dayvig/fake day cop things on day one.

Also, your reaction to his "guilty" doesn't read as bad as i thought it did last night. I interpreted it as sounding caught last night. I'm not sure why. It doesn't sound that way. I blame wine and lack of sleep.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by farside22 »

Imp: Why did you not mention this concern of yours sooner?

As for the discussion about xombie, I thought he was a newb to mafia, which was why I felt his reaction was more questionable. Most newbs as far as I have run across are aware of gambits like that.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 434, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 430, Imperium wrote:
In post 233, Solar Wind wrote:FourTrouble, Farside, Ooba, Brantz, House and Rach are likely town. Discuss.

The list I posted in our hydra PT also included Imperium but townreading Tammy is town means it is harder to mess around with her and I wanted to do it a little longer as telling her about her towniness is boring - she hears it every game nonstop.

FT, House, Rach, farside, ooba, brantz made more sense to me at that time. Ooba stronger than that now, but not then.

I don't know about f-16, but ooba strongly reminded me of the way in FFX he was posting what I was thinking so many times. In isolation (which is all I've got at the moment) I take that as a weak to moderate town indicator.

I don't remember you agreeing with ooba's reads in final fantasy all that much.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 516, Imperium wrote:BUT when Nacho does comment on his reads (something he clearly wanted) and agrees with the reads basically but has different strengths of those reads, it's cause for him to second guess his town read of us? I was surprised that literally noone else besides Tiphaine Death saw the problem with this post. (I'm not sure what I think of Tiphaine Death, his entrance post is kind of weird and his reasoning for thinking one of us is kinda eh when he just got done playing a game with us - Final Fantasy - and the way we interacted isn't completely different from that game and he didn't mention it at all, it's odd it's a problem for him here. But I also didn't like Falcon pointing out that HE DID NOT BUDDY US BECAUSE HE DEMANDED WE TOWN OURSELVES because it just feels like more posturing.

I understand (and agree to some extent) that 453 doesn't seem to follow from Nacho's comments, but I strongly disagree with Tiphaine that it's "buddying." I also don't understand what you mean by "posturing" - can you clarify that?

In post 516, Imperium wrote:He's basically warning Nacho that if Nacho doesn't agree with him 100% or if he thinks a read of his is weird, that he's prepared to take back his town read of us. Which is way way way more likely to come from Falcon scum. In Serum and Steel, every time our interaction being off and him not seeming town from it, he turned it around on me. It was always my fault for our interaction not being the same. When I tried to make sense of his reads and offer my own, he shut me down and turned it around on me. And then when I finally realized he was, in fact, scum and started pushing him, he omgus'd me harder than fuck and then drowned the game in a huge distraction designed to keep me from figuring out the game and getting an adequate push on him.

You make some good points that definitely make me want to understand where 453 came from, but I think this is pushing that reading too far. I haven't read Serum and Steel so I might be wrong but I don't (and can't) see F-16 creating a dichotomy where Nacho has to agree with him 100% or Nacho's scum. I see how you get that from 453 but I think you're reading more into that then there is.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 521, farside22 wrote:Imp: Why did you not mention this concern of yours sooner?

As for the discussion about xombie, I thought he was a newb to mafia, which was why I felt his reaction was more questionable. Most newbs as far as I have run across are aware of gambits like that.

My concern has been there and it's been a work in progress. I've put other concerns in the neighborhood and was met with Nacho was going to laugh at me to see my concern.

I've been out all day and this was something I was thinking about while out. Left some messages for Nacho, thought about it some more, then decided to put it out there.

It's about 24 hours into day one, so it's not like I waited a long time to air my concerns.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”