SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:06 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 448, Metal Sonic wrote:
Well said

Sheep more please.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:08 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 446, Bitmap wrote:How is he anti-town? Also, being lazy is not alignment indicative.

Not reading large portions of the game is anti-town. Not commenting on anything unless specifically asked is anti-town. Casting an RVS vote (i.e. trying to go back) when RVS is dead is anti-town. All of these suggest that Ankamius isn't scumhunting (which is anti-town) and a passive/reactionary approach (which is also anti-town). I also disagree that being lazy isn't scummy. Yes, town are sometimes lazy too (and I'm at fault for this more than anyone), but in general scum are lazy more often than town, so it increases the odd that someone is scum.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:09 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 426, Imperium wrote:
In post 234, Solar Wind wrote:(Between FT and Farside with regard to read strength).

Your read strength is weird. Your reads are not.

What do you make of the fact that you think my read strength is weird?
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Solar Wind »

Stop making me second guess my read. It took long enough to develop that until Tammy went down a complete paranoid spiral and I realized that it is highly unlikely you guys are scum.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:14 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 447, Bitmap wrote:@FourTrouble: What do you think of Xombie's reaction to MS's "gambit"?

It looked fine to me. Awkward but not a major concern. I think if someone says they have a guilty on you, and you're unsure whether it's a gambit, you're gonna react awkwardly even if you're town, so it's not very telling.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:15 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 451, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 446, Bitmap wrote:How is he anti-town? Also, being lazy is not alignment indicative.

Not reading large portions of the game is anti-town. Not commenting on anything unless specifically asked is anti-town. Casting an RVS vote (i.e. trying to go back) when RVS is dead is anti-town. All of these suggest that Ankamius isn't scumhunting (which is anti-town) and a passive/reactionary approach (which is also anti-town). I also disagree that being lazy isn't scummy. Yes, town are sometimes lazy too (and I'm at fault for this more than anyone), but in general scum are lazy more often than town, so it increases the odd that someone is scum.

He said he didn't want to read any of the pre-game talk since the game hasn't started which is understandable. Passive/reactionary is a playstyle, which is not alignment-indicative unless paired with meta. Otherwise, I understand where you're coming from.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:18 am

Post by dramonic »

Public reminder.
DO NOT POST YOUR ROLE PM OR REVEAL IMAGES IN YOUR QT.
DO NOT POST PARTIAL ROLE PMs (Copy-pasted parts) EITHER.

Paraphrasing is fine, but if you're unsure ask me.
I don't want to start modkilling :(
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:19 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 455, Bitmap wrote:He said he didn't want to read any of the pre-game talk since the game hasn't started which is understandable. Passive/reactionary is a playstyle, which is not alignment-indicative unless paired with meta. Otherwise, I understand where you're coming from.

Just because something is "understandable" or a "playstyle" doesn't mean it's not anti-town.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:19 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 445, FourTrouble wrote:Solar, can you guys explain your townread on Ankamius?

So, on Ankamius. I see what you are saying about his early posting, RVS voting, not catching up and such. I can see lazy-town potentially doing that though. I also dislike that he calls the entire game noise BUT it is something I can plausibly see town doing if they have no clue how to read the interactions that developed so far and Ank is someone I would put in that category. He did develop and light scum on Imperium based on interactions and a null read on you in and it gave me a distinguishing between attacks on him and trying to sort through the mess vibe. Actually, the more I reread his ISO, I have less and less reasons to think he's town. I had a gut read last night based on how he was interacting with players but reading it in ISO now, it doesn't look as good as I thought. So, I need a lot more from him.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:20 am

Post by Bitmap »

I still think he's light town.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:24 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Bitmap, why is Metal still your top suspect (or if he isn't, who is and why aren't you voting them)?
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:26 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 460, FourTrouble wrote:Bitmap, why is Metal still your top suspect (or if he isn't, who is and why aren't you voting them)?

I used to think he was pretty scummy because of his cop claim and his "ARE YOU SCUM LOLOLOL" interactions however, that has lessened a lot. I was actually contemplating about moving my vote to Rach but I was waiting to hear answers to farside's question.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:27 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 430, Imperium wrote:
In post 233, Solar Wind wrote:FourTrouble, Farside, Ooba, Brantz, House and Rach are likely town. Discuss.

The list I posted in our hydra PT also included Imperium but townreading Tammy is town means it is harder to mess around with her and I wanted to do it a little longer as telling her about her towniness is boring - she hears it every game nonstop.

FT, House, Rach, farside, ooba, brantz made more sense to me at that time. Ooba stronger than that now, but not then.

What are your reasons for thinking Rach and House are stronger townreads than Farside? Is there anyone else that you are reading as town who I haven't mentioned yet besides Bitmap and Metal Sonic?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:29 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 451, FourTrouble wrote:

No. Antitown is posting spam and cluttering the thread. I don't have anything important to say when the whole thread is bullshit.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:33 am

Post by FourTrouble »

vezok, I agree that spam is anti-town but so is what Ankamius is doing; the two aren't mutually exclusive. Have you read the game? Most of this thread isn't "bullshit" - there's a lot of stuff to analyze here. What're your thoughts?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:42 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 440, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 427, Imperium wrote:Implied scum motivation for complaining about lack of scumhunting is that he doesn't have to do anything, which would be scum motivation because he doesn't have to post, but the players with the biggest voice in the game are the ones doing all the posting and he's making enemies of us as a result, which accomplishes the opposite of what he would have set out to do as scum.

Ankamius is anti-town and lazy; both those make him more likely scum than town. Yes, he might alienate a couple players, but that doesn't change the analysis. Scum can still survive having an enemy or two.

Why rail hard against him as opposed to vezok, who is more antitown and lazier?
I follow and agree when you call him anti-town and lazy, but these two things don't make a good case for scum for me.

In post 452, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 426, Imperium wrote:
In post 234, Solar Wind wrote:(Between FT and Farside with regard to read strength).

Your read strength is weird. Your reads are not.

What do you make of the fact that you think my read strength is weird?

That you're being naive about some things (Farside, ooba) and not realizing the significance of others (Rach, House). Rach opening the game with a completely different approach from her normal scum game should be a pretty large town marker, as should the vengeful claim out of the blue from House. Farside and ooba would have a decently easy time posting the things they've posted in thread as scum: both have individual town markers that are much more town and much more reliable than what they've dropped in thread so far.

In post 462, Solar Wind wrote:Is there anyone else that you are reading as town who I haven't mentioned yet besides Bitmap and Metal Sonic?

Xombie.
I think the reaction to Metal Sonic claim is legitimate confusion and rather liked the thought process he dropped in thread after you questioned him. I'm also following old F-16's read on Ank's as opposed to new F-16's.

Vote: AngryPidgeon
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Bitmap »

Hmm that's weird. I thought you couldn't read AP until mid-game to late game where you will then see his paranoia as town or not.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:48 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 465, Imperium wrote:Why rail hard against him as opposed to vezok, who is more antitown and lazier?

Context. I voted Ankamius when vezok was a nonentity. My attention is on vezok now.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Bitmap »

VOTE: Rach
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:51 am

Post by Imperium »

Then Solar Wind noted a scumread there, and I don't have any of those and I don't have a read on AP's posting thus far, so I voted.

Why vote Rach after the whole "Solar Wind is town for Rach read" thing? You think ffery's wrong?
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 469, Imperium wrote:Then Solar Wind noted a scumread there, and I don't have any of those and I don't have a read on AP's posting thus far, so I voted.

Why vote Rach after the whole "Solar Wind is town for Rach read" thing? You think ffery's wrong?

I don't buy it.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:56 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 427, Imperium wrote:
In post 292, FourTrouble wrote:Nah, we need votes on Ankamius. Even assuming is okay (it's not), there's still been lots of stuff to talk about since the game "start," so the RVS vote, lack of scumhunting, and fluffy commentary is by far the worst, scummiest thing here.

I disagreed. Implied scum motivation for complaining about lack of scumhunting is that he doesn't have to do anything, which would be scum motivation because he doesn't have to post, but the players with the biggest voice in the game are the ones doing all the posting and he's making enemies of us as a result, which accomplishes the opposite of what he would have set out to do as scum.

I'm not following. I did think that Ank scumreading you guys was less likely to come from scum in general but he seems so disengaged from the game I'm not sure he even knows who the difficult lynches are. Have you played with Ank before? Also, you are presenting a thought process that would be pretty elaborate for him. I could potentially see scum showing up, feeling too lazy to read, and complaining about the mass of content. Perhaps he thought complaining about the "spam" would endear him to the rest of the players who haven't caught up. He isn't you and may not understand that manipulating influential voices is important. His scum strategy could potentially be to simply avoid a lynch and he may think that getting null-town read by the majority is sufficient to do that. Can you elaborate on this read more?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:57 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I've read the thread. I saw nothing worthwhile. It's the first day of day 1. There is nothing that can actually be used to make a proper case.

Also what does having your attention on me mean?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 443, Bitmap wrote:
In post 439, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 437, Bitmap wrote:
In post 436, Solar Wind wrote:

I wouldn't have.

Why wouldn't you?

My first reaction would have been "gambit!". Next stop would be wondering about grey-area role modifiers that aren't normal but aren't necessarily bastard either. Just about the last thing I would think is that scum-MS would want to 1v1 me on day 1. Someone fake-guiltied me a year or so ago and didn't reveal the gambit until after I was mislynched, though. His reasoning was that my reaction to the gambit wasn't a town-reaction because I didn't go balls to the wall 1v1 and try to get him lynched. I sat down and tried to solve the game for the rest of the game day instead.

Xombie's visible trajectory from the guilty claim doesn't follow mine, but we're different players with different styles and different experience levels. There are tiny anomalous bumps on his reaction, which leave me kinda meh, but I don't think he's the scummiest scum that ever scummed atm.

Really? My reaction would of been

"fite me son, I 1v1 you scumbag. I'm town and ur scum. If I get lynched then I declare you to be tomorrow's lynch."

Initially I had Xombie as null because of the whole song reference thing but his "lack" of reaction towards MS kind of rubs me the wrong way.

There's a horrible iso that ends with me screaming at the player who faked a guilty and finally admitted it in twilight after I was hammered. I thought he was a PR (and VI), which was why I didn't 1v1, much as I wanted to. He was mislynched in LYLO the next day. Which is what I said was going to happen.

I'm seeing a confused and chaotic reaction, which didn't take and hold to a direction. It could be scummy. Doesn't scream scum to me though.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:02 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

Vezok is scummy
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”