ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by ryan »

I do like how a few lurkers came out and posted in the past few pages, I'm happy about that, now we have a few more to go
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by Dral »

ryan wrote:
Dral wrote:Who said anything about a deadline?
Good to see it drew you out to start posting. So who is making your scum list currently? As for "lynching lurkers" I'm more into "prodding lurkers"
I have posted. I will post when I have something to say. My scum list? Hard to say with so little info. Klop would probably be the best lynch atm. But we got a long way to go. I also wonder about AmeliaLi. What do I think of lurkers? From what I have seen, lurkers are not always scum. But, I agree with the pressuring.
Unvote: Nanosauromo, Vote: Lowell

PS Don't act like the deadline was a trick. You were thinking of your other game that has a deadline on Friday. :)
Dral needs a sig and an avatar
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by ryan »

So why did the deadline rumor get you to all of a sudden start posting/voting?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by ryan »

ryan wrote:
klopyrev wrote:
vote klopyrev
!!! Can I vote for myself?
So I did a little metagaming on you and you've done this EXACT same thing in a game you are currently in. What's the story? A tactic or a tell? I apologize that I cannot link the thread but the game is ongoing so we can't talk about it (via the rules) but it's safe to say that this wasn't a "slip up" in this game, he's done it before.

unvote/vote: klopyrev

The more I look at that comment (and that I know that you've done it before) the more I just cant see how I shouldn't vote you. Anti town is exactly what a vote yourself move would be.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

AmeliaLi's "Lynch All Lurkers" strategy is horrid. Lurking =/= scum. A quiet townie is better than a dead townie.

Unvote
Vote: AmeliaLi
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Nanosauromo wrote:AmeliaLi's "Lynch All Lurkers" strategy is horrid. Lurking =/= scum. A quiet townie is better than a dead townie.

Unvote
As much as I agree with what Nanosauromo says, I would like to add that a dead townie is also a confirmed townie. Quiet townie is certainly not. Would prefer not to lynch anyone until we get everyone to speak out.
ryan wrote:
ryan wrote:
klopyrev wrote:
vote klopyrev
So I did a little metagaming on you and you've done this EXACT same thing in a game you are currently in. What's the story? A tactic or a tell? I apologize that I cannot link the thread but the game is ongoing so we can't talk about it (via the rules) but it's safe to say that this wasn't a "slip up" in this game, he's done it before.

The more I look at that comment (and that I know that you've done it before) the more I just cant see how I shouldn't vote you. Anti town is exactly what a vote yourself move would be.
I've seen that other game too, and he does come across as scummy in that one... but I am deferring voting for him because it appears that voting for himself is his usual style of play (based on games he has played). Hell, he can't be scum in all games he plays, and if he votes for himself in all his games, it is still anti-town, but that doesn't make him a scum.

About the deadline... yeah, I agree with Dral about you thinking about that game when you said deadline being on Friday too... still, I concede that people started posting after it.
I'm back!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:01 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I actually thought there was a deadline (however, after a quick reread I think I might have been referencing another game)..at any rate, Lowell's "I will be around on Monday" quote is less suspicious for now and does not warrant a vote..

Unvote Lowell

AmeliaLi wrote:
ryan wrote:AmeliaLi: I'd like your opinion on something. What should we do to the lurkers in the game?
Lets get rid of them. Seeing as how they aren't truely here anyways.
However, I don’t buy that you were joking. Pro-town players (if they are smart) never want to lynch a quiet person. It only helps that mafia.

MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:59 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Yes, lynching lurkers is always bad for the town. Even if we're lucky and hit a scum lurker, chances are they weren't paying attention to the game anyway. Therefore, they weren't taking part in the decisions of who to kill every night. Also, they aren't able to sway the discussion in their favor if they're not posting. Killing this type of person doesn't really have a benefit for the town, other than getting rid of one of the Mafia members. It's always better to lynch an active Mafia member because they are more of a threat to the town. Also, the chances are very good that if we lynch someone, they're going to turn up to be pro-town. It would be better to replace these people with active players than to lynch them and lose their role forever.
[color=orange][b] MIGHTYFIREBALL [/b][/color]
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
klopyrev
klopyrev
Goon
klopyrev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:14 am

Post by klopyrev »

ryan wrote:
ryan wrote:
klopyrev wrote:
vote klopyrev

I just wanted to say that the voting for myself business was a really stupid joke. I didn't think it'd go so far. It already got me killed in another game. I don't think I'm supposed to say my position in the other game, but I can tell you that I wasn't mafia. I don't know what I was thinking the day I made a post like that in both threads.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:18 am

Post by Jester »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I do not agree with the defensive play mode theory. I think mafia and town alike get defensive when their head is on a block. If someone accuses you of doing something scummy, most people’s first reaction is to defend their actions…which will then have retorts, and retorts to retorts, and so on.
Don't misinterpret what I said, which was "get into a defensive play mode and concentrate on defense to the exclusion of offense". In my experience, when a townie is seriously attacked (three votes or more), they will defend themselves strongly. Then they'll immediately resume their previous play style, which always includes their suspicions and (hopefully) the people that strike them as more townish. A mafia member seriously attacked will instead turn 100% to defense. If they have an offense at all, it will generally be of the "Sure, I'm suspicious, but X is way MORE suspicious. Kill him!" variety.

And from time to time, I'll accuse someone of doing this just to see how they react to it.

I'm interested that you say nothing interesting has happened in the first 100 posts other than klopyrev's vote on himself. I have a fairly decent pile of notes, myself. Why do you find Indy's two mini-wagons not interesting, for instance, particularly now that it's being followed by total silence? Why is Tornado's defense of Amelia in post 78 not interesting to you? Who among the players is striking you as more townish, if you're not seeing any/many scum? So far, you're striking me as possible scum saying just enough not to get on people's radar, but also not providing any content in your posts.
ryan wrote:Klopyrev: That theory doesn't fly my friend. Scum can vote eachother, fight with eachother, they can do whatever they want to throw off the town. Those two can be just as scummy as anyone else here. It's called deception and I've seen enough scumpairs do it that I don't take anything for granted
ryan is absolutely correct here. If anything, scum will attack each other more forcefully than other townies, particularly in the early game, hoping to throw suspicion off themselves later. curiouskarmadog's vote on Lowell could be just such a play, for instance. This post strongly reinforces the town vibe I was getting off you earlier, ryan.
AmeliaLi wrote:A) I was voting off of the dice. Its more suspcious to throw the dice up and not vote rather than vote for and then both do something 'scummy'
I don't think I've ever voted off the dice. Instead, I tend to meta-game a little bit and base my first vote on that. I'll see who confirms earlier and later when the game starts and make some guesses about whether townies or scum will confirm first.
ryan wrote:So I did a little metagaming on you and you've done this EXACT same thing in a game you are currently in. What's the story? A tactic or a tell? I apologize that I cannot link the thread but the game is ongoing so we can't talk about it (via the rules) but it's safe to say that this wasn't a "slip up" in this game, he's done it before.
If true, that's very interesting.
Lowell wrote:Yeah basically I'm a little out of touch in most of my games recently. I'll be able to turn that around Monday, but until then I'll basically be in and out. Sorry about that. I trust nothing too important will happen until then.
Already mini-commented on this, but I find it a little suspicious, particularly if you're active in other games.
AmeliaLi wrote:Lets get rid of them. Seeing as how they aren't truely here anyways.
This is the single scummiest thing said in the game so far, and I don't buy your "hee hee, just joking!" in the slightest. Still, what's interesting to me is less what you said and more how the other players are reacting to it. I'm starting to think you're a townie with a gift for saying the wrong things. ;) I'd like it if you played the game based on players rather than concepts. When you talk about concepts, you dig yourself into a hole.
ryan wrote:Good to see it drew you out to start posting.
A post with no content, continuing a long string of them from Dral. How about actual comment on the game, Dral?
Dral wrote:I will post when I have something to say. My scum list? Hard to say with so little info. Klop would probably be the best lynch atm. But we got a long way to go. I also wonder about AmeliaLi.
Here's your first actual game content, and it's almost a point-for-point match with curiouskarmadog's post 99. I find that fascinating. Same questions to you that I posted to him above.
Nano and curiouskarmadog wrote:Kill! Kill! Kill!
Opportunistic much? My vote on Nano remains. He's posted the least actual game content of any player, and combined with this rush to judgment, makes him look very bad.
Indy wrote:Absolutely nothing at all
I'd really like to hear more from Indy, Nano, Dral, and Lowell. These players are posting just enough not to show up on people's radar, but not enough to actually contribute to the game. I believe two out of the four are scum. curiouskarmadog is saying enough to stay off my list of four, but what he does post troubles me. He might be a third scum. ryan strikes me as the most townish, followed by Fireball and AmeliaLi.

And I'm caught up again.
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:01 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Hmmm... I also would like to comment on the utter lack of content from Dral. He's posted a few times, but he's either said that he doesn't understand something, that he's not available, or offered some meager analysis that has already been given by other players. I'd like to see some more quality posting from him.
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:11 am

Post by ryan »

Jester: Unfortunately I cannot post that klopyrev that was EXACTLY the same one he made here (as the game is ongoing) but if you do a little investigative work you can find the game I'm talking about :-)
klopyrev
klopyrev
Goon
klopyrev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:43 am

Post by klopyrev »

I'll even help you out a bit! I just wondered if I can vote for myself without actually voting in game 403 of The Road to Rome. Satisfied? To continue with the game, I have a question for the more experienced people. How do you keep notes? I keep reading different posts over and over, but there are just too many for me to base my opinion about anything. How do you keep notes? What do you write down and what do you not write down?
klopyrev
klopyrev
Goon
klopyrev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:46 am

Post by klopyrev »

Numenorean7 wrote:I still don't suspect klopyrev more than anyone else. Just because he's a newbie with a short attention span doesn't mean he's Mafia.
I think Numenorean7, with his short attention span remark, just summarized my previous post.
klopyrev
klopyrev
Goon
klopyrev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:47 am

Post by klopyrev »

The last part of it.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:58 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Hmmm... I tried to keep notes once, and it was dreadfully hard. I suppose you just summarize what everyone says in each post. That is the incredibly time consuming method, but then you can look at your notes and more easily discern patterns among the players. I imagine it's very helpful, but I'm just not passionate about the game to do it.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by Dral »

Jester wrote:How about actual comment on the game, Dral?
I have posted a little. Sorry it doesn't meet your standards.
Jester wrote:Same questions to you that I posted to him above.
ok
Jester wrote:Why do you find Indy's two mini-wagons not interesting, for instance, particularly now that it's being followed by total silence?
I don't think the first mini-wagon meant anything at all. It just looked like a second random/joke vote. Now I am a little concerned about the second mini-wagon. He put the third vote on someone who was already coming under a little fire (AmeliaLi). Plus he gave no explanation and hasn't posted since. Very scummy.
Jester wrote: Why is Tornado's defense of Amelia in post 78 not interesting to you?
I did find it interesting and I even brought it up in post 111. I gave a little theory on how it could have meaning. Both of them responded to my post with a ridiculous response. Oh she used a dice roll that always gives a one that happens to be ST. Yet, it was random ...
Jester wrote:Who among the players is striking you as more townish, if you're not seeing any/many scum?
I think ryan and Jester have seemed town. Klop seems like a newbie. I don't have a problem with curiouskarmadog or Numenorean7. Not sure about MightyFireball after he attacked me for no reason. AmeliaLi I think is one of the mafia. Not sure about her buddy, Sir Tornado.
Jester wrote:
AmeliaLi wrote:Lets get rid of them. Seeing as how they aren't truely here anyways.
This is the single scummiest thing said in the game so far, and I don't buy your "hee hee, just joking!" in the slightest.
The single scummiest thing said and you consider her town?
Dral needs a sig and an avatar
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:58 pm

Post by Numenorean7 »

Unvote

Lowell says he'll be back on Monday, so I'll give him until then.
Nano wrote:AmeliaLi's "Lynch All Lurkers" strategy is horrid. Lurking =/= scum. A quiet townie is better than a dead townie.
QFT.
FoS: AmeliaLi
Dral wrote:The single scummiest thing said and you consider her town?
Yet again, QFT

Looking back at the start of the AmeliaLi problem:
In post 43, Sir Tornado wrote:Oh, by the way, I will Unvote my random vote because I usually do so after the first vote count
In post 44, AmeliaLi wrote:And seeing as how my vote was utterly random as well.

Unvote
I think this is totally benign. All this nonsense about leading and plans and stuff is just nonsense. She saw ST unvote, and decides it would be a good idea. It's the reactions (posts 74, 78, 80, 82, 90, et al) I don't like.

Indy jumped on the Amelia wagon in post 63 with the comment "I concur" before these reactions took place. This is really scummy in my eyes. There was the evidence quoted above,
alone
. AmeliaLi hadn't even responded, and Indy started a bandwagon. eeew. And now he's gone. double eeew. Thanks for bringing him to my attention, Ryan.
Vote: Indy

Anyone think Ryan is being too townie?

By the way, it seems that Nano did the same not-really-die-roll that AmeliaLi did back in post 18.

How did curious hop on the deadline wagon in post 131? Wishful thinking? ;)

Sorry for the scatter-brained post. I really need to go to bed. Will post more soon. I'm back from my vacation, so I should get back to normal.
Political Correctness offends me.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:45 am

Post by ryan »

klopyrev wrote:I'll even help you out a bit! I just wondered if I can vote for myself without actually voting in game 403 of The Road to Rome. Satisfied? To continue with the game, I have a question for the more experienced people. How do you keep notes? I keep reading different posts over and over, but there are just too many for me to base my opinion about anything. How do you keep notes? What do you write down and what do you not write down?

klopyrev: As for keeping notes, I usually hit quote and than copy and paste comments that appear strange to me in a word document and save it for future reference
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:50 am

Post by ryan »

Numenorean7 wrote:
Unvote

LOL. Can you clarify how somebody can be "too townie?" That made me laugh when I first read it.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:52 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Yay! Thanks for that analysis, Dral. Also, Numenorian, I'm pretty sure this:
Is a logical fallacy called Too Townie. It's probably unintentional, but you should be aware of it.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:53 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Yay! Thanks for that analysis, Dral. Also, Numenorian, I'm pretty sure this:
Is a logical fallacy called Too Townie. It's probably unintentional, but you should be aware of it.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:53 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Whoops! Sorry for that double post.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:07 am

Post by ryan »

it is just as (if not more) probable that people who act Pro-Town are in fact, Pro-Town
Right from the definition you provided. I'm an agressive player when it comes to finding scum...........didn't think that was bad :D
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:43 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

Okay. I just re read through all my posts, and holy shit, I'm acting Anti-Town. Other than that I have really nothing to add to this. Ryan has asked all the good questions and I agree with the whole he's acting
too-twon
. But he hasn't given me reason to say the too-town thing is really bad. I've seen what he's done first hand!
>.> I changed my email on crywolf20084....
so now i'm on my other account.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”