Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:16 pm

Post by Nightson »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Nightson, if your information is genuine, then you have nothing to fear from me. Both our informations will confirm eachother. However, if one of us is lying, the town will capture one assured scum.
Stop stalling and flavor claim then.
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by Nightson »

EDBWOP" Wait a second, confirm me? Did you or did you not get a guilty investigation on me, how on earth is the supposed to confirm me?
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

You can change your "information" whenever you wish. If I flavor claim, there is no guarantee you will give us the information you promised.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:20 pm

Nightson wrote:EDBWOP" Wait a second, confirm me? Did you or did you not get a guilty investigation on me, how on earth is the supposed to confirm me?
I said your information will confirm my flavor. I didn't say it would confirm our alignment.

Look, Nightson, I'm not stalling, you are. You have a guilty investigation. You are on the chopping block. If you do not reveal your claimed information, you will be lynched regardless.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by Nightson »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:You can change your "information" whenever you wish. If I flavor claim, there is no guarantee you will give us the information you promised.
Well if I'm scum you'll have nothing to worry about when roles are revealed will you?

Now stop stalling.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:23 pm

For all I know you could have a role that needs knowledge of someone's flavor. I am under no pressure to do anything for you. Either you reveal your information and I give you the key to access my encrypted flavor, or you can send my regards to the underworld.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:25 pm

Post by The Fonz »

I think we have a standoff here. Each gives the appearance of believing that the other will change his story based on what they themselves reveal.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:25 pm

The Fonz wrote:I think we have a standoff here. Each gives the appearance of believing that the other will change his story based on what they themselves reveal.
I have already coded my flavor, how can I change anything ??
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by Nightson »

Albert B. Rampage wrote: I said your information will confirm my flavor. I didn't say it would confirm our alignment.

Look, Nightson, I'm not stalling, you are. You have a guilty investigation. You are on the chopping block. If you do not reveal your claimed information, you will be lynched regardless.
1) Don't try to threaten me into revealing my information, I'll do it when it's most beneficial for the town, which is
not
before you flavor claim

2) If I'm scum you don't have to worry about what I say after your claim at all, after roles are revealed I'll come up scum and nobody will give it any thought.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:For all I know you could have a role that needs knowledge of someone's flavor. I am under no pressure to do anything for you. Either you reveal your information and I give you the key to access my encrypted flavor, or you can send my regards to the underworld.
What, I'm going to magically dayvig you if you give your flavor?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:28 pm

Hahaha

Die.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by Nightson »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
The Fonz wrote:I think we have a standoff here. Each gives the appearance of believing that the other will change his story based on what they themselves reveal.
I have already coded my flavor, how can I change anything ??
This is your actual flavor under a code?

3.2.2.3.2.2/2.2.2.2.2.2./2.2.2
I took it to be you just posting nonsense. If you confirm that this is your actual full flavor then I'll reveal my information.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Nightson wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote: I said your information will confirm my flavor. I didn't say it would confirm our alignment.

1) Don't try to threaten me into revealing my information, I'll do it when it's most beneficial for the town, which is
not
before you flavor claim
Why are you so adamant that it's to the town's benefit that he jump first? As far as I can see, it makes at best no difference- at worst, you can change your story to fit his flavour.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:33 pm

Nightson wrote: I took it to be you just posting nonsense. If you confirm that this is your actual full flavor then I'll reveal my information.
I confirm.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by Nightson »

The Fonz wrote:
Nightson wrote:

not
before you flavor claim
Why are you so adamant that it's to the town's benefit that he jump first? As far as I can see, it makes at best no difference- at worst, you can change your story to fit his flavour.
If he's scum, town lynches me, he won't be lynched immediately as roles currently aren't revealed. When roles are eventually revealed, I'll either come up as scum in which case it won't matter at all whether I change what I say because nobody should believe it. But if I'm telling the truth and come up as a protown information role, it will help the town determine whether albert is scum or just a cop with sanity issues.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by Nightson »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Nightson wrote: I took it to be you just posting nonsense. If you confirm that this is your actual full flavor then I'll reveal my information.
I confirm.
I'm a finder, or whatever it is you call that goes into people's houses and looks for stuff. Last night I entered your house and it was full of dung/shit/crap.

Decoding key please?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:38 pm

Post by The Fonz »

You don't know what your own role is called?
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by Nightson »

The Fonz wrote:You don't know what your own role is called?
I'm fairly certain that's what it's called, I didn't get a big you are a
something
so I'm going off the role description and I'm pretty sure it's called a finder.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:42 pm

I am
Khepri
Scarab God

Albert B. Rampage wrote:09329128974231866434654821117490

3.2.2.3.2.2/2.2.2.2.2.2./2.2.2

My flavor is encoded in this post. Now tell us everything you know, Nightson.
Look at the last of the 3 lines, "14321911210614323040624013152545".

If you seperate the numbers with the 4rth line, you will get this:

143/21/91/121/06/14 32/30/40/62/40/13 15/25/45

143 means the 14th letter of the 3rd post, in this case a "k". 21 is the 2nd letter of the 1st post, a "h". Etc.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by Nightson »

After all that, I was really expecting your flavor to not check out, but Khepri is associated with dung beetles, so his house being full of dung makes sense. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khepri

So,
unvote: albert
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:48 pm

EBWOP

The post numbers are counted by viewing my posts exclusively. So the 2nd letter of my 1st post would be "h".

For now,
unvote
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by The Fonz »

unvote
whilst I think this one thru. When Nightson claimed power role, especially with info on Albert, I was almost sure that indicated scum. But it's hard to see how he could have faked knowing Albert's flavour, unless they're both scum and co-ordinated this overnight. But I'm generally inclined to believe simple explanations over intricate conspiracies. If you're both scum, bravo, you played this one perfectly.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by RafK »

the silent speaker wrote:RafK: Is your information Yosarian-specific, or Night 1-specific, or before-revive-specific, or some other thing? In other words, suppose the Night 1 death were let's say The Fonz, and nothing else changed; would you still be saying what you have been?
We need a :fish: emoticon for moments like these.

Re: Nightson and Albert:

So Albert has a claimed cop ability, and Nightson has a proven flavour-investigating ability. Nightson's ability doesn't really make a lot of sense as scum, even as a mafia investigator... I mean, how would you get "cop" based on "dung"? OTOH, his name claim is a bit suspicious, and Nightson being town requires Albert to be either be lying or have sanity issues.

For working that one out, Albert, what's the flavour for your god to "investigate" and is there any reason it would have sanity issues?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:00 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

RafK, for one thing it would clarify whether you are saying, "We must not revive Yos today; tomorrow is a shiny new day and we can make a shiny new decision then," or, "We must never revive Yos, ever ever ever, for he is scum," or, "We must not revive Yos, ever ever ever, but not because he is necessarily scum; for some other reason."

Also, you've thrown out some cryptic hints at some kind of wonder role, hints that don't really fit together properly, and are expecting the town to simply take you on blind trust. You say you will be confirmed if we obey without question, but have not really outlined how, leaving open the possibility that you will simply say you were confirmed when nothing of the sort occurred. So I'm not inclined to take you on blind faith. Call it fishing if you will; I'm not asking about any more information than you've already voluntarily revealed.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:55 pm

I've re-read my role again; it was worded in a way that doesn't confirm sane results. To paraphrase, I will get either a guilty or a innocent result every night. The flavor is I'm the one to push the sun, and am master of the dawn. It might or might not make sense for me to be insane.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:45 pm

Post by RafK »

the silent speaker wrote:RafK, for one thing it would clarify whether you are saying, "We must not revive Yos today; tomorrow is a shiny new day and we can make a shiny new decision then," or, "We must never revive Yos, ever ever ever, for he is scum," or, "We must not revive Yos, ever ever ever, but not because he is necessarily scum; for some other reason."
You're right, it is worth clarifying that we must not revive Yos ever ever ever. Other details aren't worth worrying about at this stage. If I die you know you can trust me on that, and if I live and the exact reason becomes important, I'll be able to tell you why.
the silent speaker wrote:Also, you've thrown out some cryptic hints at some kind of wonder role, hints that don't really fit together properly, and are expecting the town to simply take you on blind trust. You say you will be confirmed if we obey without question, but have not really outlined how, leaving open the possibility that you will simply say you were confirmed when nothing of the sort occurred. So I'm not inclined to take you on blind faith. Call it fishing if you will; I'm not asking about any more information than you've already voluntarily revealed.
You are fishing, you don't need to take anything I say on blind trust because it will be revealed eventually anyway. And if I claimed to be confirmed when nothing had actually happened, I wouldn't expect to get away with it.

Basically, what you're doing here (and what IH was also doing) is trying to work out if you need to nightkill me tonight or whether you don't need to. This is reasonably apparent and let me just add you to the scum list with your friend IH. For the record, I don't plan on letting you know if you need to kill me or not, I'll just kinda stand here and wait to see if you try :)

Happy with a bandwagon on either IH or tss at this moment, given that Albert is off-limits until there's better proof (or otherwise) of his role.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”