Mini 448: Judgement Day Mafia-Game Over!

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The carnage was worse last night. All electricity was finally shut down, and few buildings remained upright. A few people claimed that they had seen spectres amongst the shadows, though perhaps it was just paranoia setting in.
Due to the lack of photographic equipment withstanding, the only illustration on offer was a drawing by the deceased player (for another had died last night).

Unfortunately the person responsible for this image was found victim of great savagery once day broke. Having left the destroyed convent,
Spambot
had been literally living in a cardboard box. His mutilated corpse was strewn across the street. There had been of course, several witnesses to the crime, but all were so doped up with whisky, the town thought it foolish to pay them any heed.

Spambot- Questionning Nun (Vanilla Townie) has been killed

Now only 4 of the original 12 remained. This was set to be the last day of their Earth Lives. the question was, would they survive
Judgement Day
?

With 4 of you remaining, it takes 3 votes to lynch someone. However, be careful, as this is Lynch or Lose. Fail to kill the final scumbag today, and the town loses.

Good Luck.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:22 am

Post by JDodge »

I think it's WhoMe?.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:32 am

Post by WhoMe? »

Hi guys,

good news, I'm not naive. Remus shows up as scum.

vote remussaidow

of course he is going to claim I am scum and that is why I wasn't killed last night. This is just a ploy, and would mean we had started with no cop. How likely do you think this is?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:18 am

Post by JDodge »

WhoMe? wrote:Hi guys,

vote remussaidow

of course he is going to claim I am scum and that is why I wasn't killed last night. This is just a ploy, and would mean we had started with no cop. How likely do you think this is?
Doesn't this seem a bit overly convenient and misleading to anyone else?
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:30 am

Post by now a ranger »

Hi I'm back. Wow, so much has gone on while I was in Shanghai. I'm back, and will re-read asap.
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:55 am

Post by now a ranger »

The fact that Day 4 was such a short day really worries me. I have my suspicions, and will try to post more tomorrow since I just arrived in another city in China.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:17 am

Post by WhoMe? »

JDodge wrote:

vote remussaidow

JDodge, unlike yourself, I am in a position to know my own alignment for sure. This means I know the play remus is making. If i had been killed last night, then he would have been the logical lynch for today, his only defence would be to claim I was naive so that the ppl I had confirmed innocent weren't actually confirmed.
He has chosen to go for plan B. He has killed one our better townies and prepared the way for a claim that I am in fact scum and have been playing you all.
I see no reason to wait for him to come along and make this claim, I am pre-empting him. I am a cop, I investigated remus last night and got a scum result. You know you are innocent JDodge, what's more you know NaR is innocent, go back and analyse my content and remus's content and cast your vote where you will.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:22 am

Post by Qman »

GL townies. Booo to no trust =(
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:20 am

Post by Spambot »

Go town!
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:42 am

Post by remussaidow »

I agree with Jdodge, I believe that it is whome?

he's "known" everybody's alignment, but...
they were all town. He "knew" that xyzzy was scum. but claimed to have never investigated him.
He's also starting WIFOM arguments about what I'm going to say. That's just plain insulting.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:48 am

Post by remussaidow »

JDodge wrote:

vote remussaidow

Also outguessing the mod much?
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:57 am

Post by WhoMe? »

remussaidow wrote:I agree with Jdodge, I believe that it is whome?

he's "known" everybody's alignment, but...
they were all town. He "knew" that xyzzy was scum. but claimed to have never investigated him.
He's also starting WIFOM arguments about what I'm going to say. That's just plain insulting.
insulting? It's obvious.

at this stage we are left with opnly the 2 scenarios. Either you are scum, or I am.

in scenario A, you are scum, and your only play is to claim I am scum

in scenario B, I am scum, and given my previous reported investigations, I peg you as scum.

This is why the only way forward is for the other 2 to read our posts through this game and come down on one side or the other.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:13 am

Post by WhoMe? »

another thought occurs.

why hasn't remus voted me? If he were telling the truth, then he would be innocent, and I would have lied about his alignment.

Yet he hasn't voted me? A mistake I would say.
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:44 am

Post by remussaidow »

or is it unwillingness to be wrong in a lynch or lose situation?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by JDodge »

remussaidow wrote:or is it unwillingness to be wrong in a lynch or lose situation?
Truly you can't be serious? You know your own alignment. You know that WhoMe? must be lying. Therefore, WhoMe? cannot be town.
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:08 pm

Post by now a ranger »

Okay. This post is what I have been wanting to say. This game kept me thinking almost all night, and I really couldn't sleep, which scares me.

Here is why I think Whome? is the cop and Remus is scum.

1) If whome? wasn't the cop, the real cop would have counterclaimed in this situation in LYLO.

2) God wouldn't be someone a player would just go out and counterclaim. Also, more significantly, Blue Zebra, who is now confirmed as Jesus the Doctor, makes God as the Cop make more sense to me.

3) The post of Remus's claim as a one-shot vig who targeted Jdodge is really ridiculous as Jdodge didn't die and is still alive, since Blue Zebra the Doctor had just died the night before, thus making his claim unconfirmable.

4) If Remus is scum, it makes sense because he would have had no choice after Day 4, since Spambot, Jdodge, Me, and Whome? were alive, and Remus was the ONLY one that had yet to be investigated by Whome? as the others had been INNOCENT when investigated. I bet Remus was hoping that Whome? was naive, and would get an innocent on him, since if Remus DID kill Whome? on Night 4, then people would go with Remus probably, as Whome? would be then confirmed in sanity.

Vote: Remussaidow

makes more sense to me
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:54 pm

Post by remussaidow »

NaR, go back to BlueZebra's claims, you'll see that he did, in fact, claim to protect Jdodge night 1.

As for killing whome? or spambot, it would be much easier for the scum to make you think that whome?'s sanity was in question if he were dead, and were unable to argue it.
Also, how does death clear his sanity?

There's no reason not to counterclaim as the real cop, no matter what your rolename is. Period.

Why does everyone think that every game NEEDS to have a cop. Mafia can exist without the role of a cop. Especially since a one-shot vig, a dead Doc, and a dead Roleblocker, with, what is what we now know must be only 3 mafiates. The game seems decisively favoring the townies if you throw a cop into that mix.

Jdodge, Yes I do know that he's lying, and yes, I do THINK that he is scum, but I want to be awfully damned sure about it when I vote in this situation. This isn't the place where we can say, oops, we lynched the wrong guy. I'm not a proponent of end-game lynch all liars, because occasionally the town does lie.
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:03 pm

Post by now a ranger »

remussaidow wrote:NaR, go back to BlueZebra's claims, you'll see that he did, in fact, claim to protect Jdodge night 1.
Hmm. What a weird coincidence that you targeted the same person Blue Zebra did. Why so early, on Night 1? to use your power that you claim to have had? .
remussaidow wrote:Why does everyone think that every game NEEDS to have a cop. Mafia can exist without the role of a cop. Especially since a one-shot vig, a dead Doc, and a dead Roleblocker, with, what is what we now know must be only 3 mafiates. The game seems decisively favoring the townies if you throw a cop into that mix.
Alright: There CANNOT be both a one-shot vig and a cop, because either you or Whome? is scum. I think the possibility of a cop is much higher than the possibility of a one-shot vig.
remussaidow wrote: Jdodge, Yes I do know that he's lying, and yes, I do THINK that he is scum, but I want to be awfully damned sure about it when I vote in this situation. This isn't the place where we can say, oops, we lynched the wrong guy. I'm not a proponent of end-game lynch all liars, because occasionally the town does lie.
Umm. Why would a townie lie in this situation? in LYLO?

Either Whome? is lying and he is scum, or you are lying and you are scum.
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:12 pm

Post by now a ranger »

kabenon007 wrote:I like how both of them are basically ignoring the other players and going at each other. They are especially ignoring JDodge, which is odd, considering he is the one throwing the most suspicion on them.
Meanwhile, kabenon targeting Jdodge night 1 DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. He didn't ever seem suspicious of Jdodge, and I don't see why he would.
kabenon007 wrote:Wow, Albert. Now you're being lead around blindly, trying to do whatever people want of you in order to shift suspicion elsewhere. I was content on N9V, but this is too much to just let slip by.
unvote, vote Albert
. Damn.
It looks like he wanted to go towards N9V and not AlbertScum in the meantime until the bandwagon started.
kabenon007 wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Then why don't you put him at -2, mr. Bond ?
And to answer your question, I don't believe that putting him a -2 is anymore effective than leaving him at -3. Xyzzy knows he is in deep trouble, and needs to defend himself, and at least has the right to defend himself before he incurs the wrath of the kabenon! I just don't feel that I need to place my vote on him to put pressure on him.

more hesitation to vote Xyzzy, another confirmed scum
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:14 pm

Post by now a ranger »

remussaidow wrote: The game seems decisively favoring the townies if you throw a cop into that mix.
A one-shot vig is actually also a very powerful role.
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:21 pm

Post by now a ranger »

BTW, after looking at the dead list, I've noticed that all the vanilla townies have had a two word name, and the scum and power roles have had a one word name.

Albert B Rampage (Rep. Fritzler)- Satan (Mafia Godfather)
The Fonz- Angel (RoleBlocker)
~N9V~ - Perplexed Priest (Vanilla townie)
Arkest - Envious Rabbi (Vanilla Townie)
Xyzzy - Judas (Mafia Member)
Blue Zebra- Jesus (Doctor)
Qman (Rep. Shadyforce)- Doubting Thomas (Vanilla Townie)
Spambot- Questionning Nun (Vanilla Townie)

Remus claims to have a two word name, a vengeful vicar. He says he is a vengeful vicar, and he is a power role.....
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:14 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

JDodge wrote:
remussaidow wrote:or is it unwillingness to be wrong in a lynch or lose situation?
Truly you can't be serious? You know your own alignment. You know that WhoMe? must be lying. Therefore, WhoMe? cannot be town.
You see my point then JDodge? If remus is not scum, then he would know for sure that I was, as I would have lied about his alignment. How then does that marry up with unwillingness to lynch in LYLO. He IS scum, I am not lying, and you have it in your power to win the game for the town.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:44 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote Count

Remussaidow 2 (Whome, NaR)

Not Voting: Remus, Jdodge

still takes 3 to lynch.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:55 pm

Post by now a ranger »

Alright, and the thing about how vanilla townies have all had two word names, and the power roles and scum roles have had one word names is kind of a way to show that his claim of Vengeful Vicar shouldn't mean he is a power role.

Whome = God, the Cop, 1 word, which he claimed

Me (NAR) = Angry Bishop, Vanilla Townie, 2 words

Jdodge, how about you? Just wondering, as this is LYLO.
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:32 pm

Post by now a ranger »

omg
unvote

let me think one more time. Still having second thoughts.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”