Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Matsumi Sisters »

In post 15, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 12, Alchemist21 wrote:Who's Fluminator and why are people voting for him?

P.S. I'm new here so I don't know the people here.

Don't worry I haven't played with anyone in this game either apart from reinoe. Two votes on a wagon could just be not paying attention. Three votes in RVS would be unusal.

Really? let's make it unusual then
Vote: Flubinator

-Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:32 am

Also i'll be signing my posts as Kuro, pieguy will sign them as Yuu.

-Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:13 am

In post 28, Fluminator wrote:To clarify it's a long u sound. As in Floominator.

Well that certainly makes it easier to remember.
Not impressed with AK's and Floom's reactions, but I do wonder why did you decide to throw an OMGUS vote rather than comment?

-Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 am

In post 30, Krystal Bald wrote:Wow.
Vote: Natalie Kerrigan.

WTF?

-Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:42 am

In post 33, Krystal Bald wrote:P.S. if anyone wants to claim what choices they submitted in pregame now would be the time.

I agree about this, since scum already knows what PRs are in and could help figure out possible fake claims.

-Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:55 am

In post 38, Krystal Bald wrote:Why don't you start us off then
pieguy
Sakura

I'd go with Tracker, IC, 2-Shot Vig because those would be the hardest to fake claim (IC being outright impossible). What about you?

-Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:04 am

In post 40, Anatole Kuragin wrote:what are you guys even talking about

Do you know how this setup works?

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:08 am

Wait you were serious?

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:15 am

In post 45, SXTLHGaiden wrote:shall we lynch that kuro?

I thought he was messing around and that he screwed AK's name on purpose, but it seems he's serious about it, no idea yet.
In post 43, Krystal Bald wrote:
In post 40, Anatole Kuragin wrote:what are you guys even talking about

L O L
So you're saying you didn't submit any choices?
When this guy flips scum I want 100% credit btw.

Why do you think this would be the case instead of just simply "Don't know how the setup works"?

-Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:35 am

In post 48, Fluminator wrote:
In post 29, Matsumi Sisters wrote:
In post 28, Fluminator wrote:To clarify it's a long u sound. As in Floominator.

Well that certainly makes it easier to remember.
Not impressed with AK's and Floom's reactions, but I do wonder why did you decide to throw an OMGUS vote rather than comment?

-Kuro

Comment on that later.

However, I'm just as confused as Kurigan. I'm town and I didn't get any PM saying to make your choices. I got confused and checked the wiki page and it says only mafia vote on the roles. This fact makes me quite suspicious of the Sisters and Krystal.

I just assumed they were asking what we would have chosen if we were scum, I see no downsides for everyone doing so as scum already knows what PRs are in. Perhaps I'm too used with setups like this one since i'm a fan of things like Stack the Deck and Pick your power X/Y

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:40 am

In post 53, Krystal Bald wrote:Playing dumb eh
Don't make me castigate you

Would you mind explaining something for once? I'm pretty lost as where you're going with those accusations.

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:04 pm

In post 92, Fluminator wrote:I ignored it because I don't find wagons in RVS a great source of tells. I figured a non-serious post would be a good way to get some comments on me that I could use for better tells.

1) Well I do find RVS Wagons as great sources for reactions that can end the RVS, and I pretty much wanted to see what randomiget would do after I added a 3rd vote onto the wagon (but he just flat out ignored it u.u)
2) Why do you think your non-serious post would be a good way to get better tells but had an issue with my non-serious vote on you?
In post 92, Fluminator wrote:I thought it mildly suspicious you would claim it was an omgus vote when it was really just a joke.

3) Well a joke vote on someone voting you is really an OMGUS vote soooooo, because there's no actual reason there other than being voted by them, specially considering you quoted the post where I voted you with it which means my vote is what made you vote.
In post 92, Fluminator wrote:I didn't respond to your question right away because I wanted to see if you would make a big deal out of it. You didn't so my suspicion in that case was neutralized.

4) Why would you think I'm more likely to make a big deal out of it as town than as scum, and why do you think I wouldn't do either as either alignment?

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:09 pm

In post 87, Ankamius wrote:I'm very wary about hydras that don't sign their posts. It's too easy to claim unprovable dissonance when it suits the situation.

Technically if I were to sign as my hydra partner I could do the same, do you disagree?
However there's no reason to be concerned about an hydra that doesn't sign their posts until they actually show dissonance IMO.

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:13 pm

In post 97, Fluminator wrote:So if you did actually think the question was, "what would you pick as mafia," why would you answer with the 3 roles that are hardest to fakeclaim? Wouldn't that be protown?

Because if i give town the roles hardest to fake claim, town wont know which PRs are in and which aren't so I can fake claim the other ones without someone counterclaiming.
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:14 pm

In post 98, Matsumi Sisters wrote:
In post 97, Fluminator wrote:So if you did actually think the question was, "what would you pick as mafia," why would you answer with the 3 roles that are hardest to fakeclaim? Wouldn't that be protown?

Because if i give town the roles hardest to fake claim, town wont know which PRs are in and which aren't so I can fake claim the other ones without someone counterclaiming.

^
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Probably, but it would generate some sort of towncred to last at least until the others are flipped rather than having someone come and CC.

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:39 pm

I only have issues with hydras that dont sign their posts if they show dissonance, as long as they dont show dissonance i dont even care as i just treat the slot as a single entity. Also I'm surprised Gaiden managed to steal that pagetop while i was streaming Corpse Party considering he was watching XD

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:44 pm

Talk to me about AK tho, because I haven't seen much coming from him that makes me think "OMG SO TOWN" and you were calling him like obvtown earlier, what gives?

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:57 pm

In post 131, Krystal Bald wrote:do you still like your vote on the flubinator, matsumi?

For the time being yes, I still want to convene with my sister because she has been busy (btw it's going to be a thing that i'll refer to pieguy as sister, ONEE-CHAN or Yuu) since there's a few other ppl i'm keeping my eye on, and it didnt help that i dragged her to watch my corpse party stream to give her nightmares.
But for the most part, I haven't liked his posts, which seem to be mostly focused on me, than the overall gamestate.

- Kuro.
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:30 am

In post 139, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 137, Randomnamechange wrote:From my experience of him this is exactly the same -
agressive
with
lots of set in stone ideas
. However, he replaced late into a game where the circumstances were unusal, so I dont know how he usually plays.

How are you getting this from his single post?

- Kuro

derp
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:38 pm

I have Alchemist and KB as town. I also think Fluminator is probably town (I liked the last sentence of ) as well as Ank (his questioning and subsequent defense of Alchemist reads genuine).

vote: reinoe

I don't like anything reinoe is doing. all he's done so far is comment about roles and push a theory that one or more of Alchemist/Ank are scum. his entrance reads more like scum who isn't sure how to blend in with the thread, so he attempts to focus on setup spec to cover it up; it's also really bad that he calls out Alchemist for not having any town reads, while not having any himself.

I don't like Clusk either - he made one catchup post that hardly had anything in it and then disappeared again, and everything he's done so far has been very safe.

-Yuu
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:07 pm

I don't particularly agree with the angle about KB scum slipping. any scum who is not complete shit at the game would read the role PMs and the setup and realize how it's played. that is literally rule #1 of scum. so the logical conclusion is either he's town reaction testing or scum doing a fake reaction test for towncred

in either case it's not a scum slip

KB might be scum, but not for that

my townread on KB mostly comes from a pattern I'm observing in their play. I've modded one game they were in (they were town) and I saw it there, and I have very good reason to believe it'd be different if they were scum. however, I'd rather not out it until I'm sure of it. also I really liked their angle re: aphix ().

-Yuu
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:08 pm

btw reinoe

In post 165, Matsumi Sisters wrote:I don't like anything reinoe is doing. all he's done so far is comment about roles and push a theory that one or more of Alchemist/Ank are scum. his entrance reads more like scum who isn't sure how to blend in with the thread, so he attempts to focus on setup spec to cover it up; it's also really bad that he calls out Alchemist for not having any town reads, while not having any himself.

I made a case on you that has nothing to do with aggression or playstyle. respond to it instead of dodging it.

-Yuu
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:19 pm

are you fucking serious

-Yuu
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:28 pm

In post 233, reinoe wrote:Why should I give a damn about your case on me?

if you legitimately do not understand this, I do not have any faith you would ever be capable of understanding it

the whole point is that you explain to me why I'm wrong so that, if you are town, I can fix my read on you

there is also the fact that if no one ever responds to cases made on them, all it does is allow scum to hide by just dodging every single time someone calls them out

there are several other reasons why making arguments and responding to them is literally how the game works. what you are doing is anti-town as fuck and as long as you keep dodging I have no choice other than to assume you have no explanation. so, try again

-Yuu
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:36 pm

In post 239, reinoe wrote:Why can't it be that I just don't care? Let's say your theory that you've put too much though into is true. Do you think me not giving a fuck about your case is scummy? If you do think it's scummy how scummy do you think it is?

HELL FUCKING YES. town who have an incorrect case pushed on them should, you know, be able to actually EXPLAIN why the case is wrong. on the other hand, scum are more likely to get defensive or just outright ignore arguments against them, which is what you're doing here.

also, you trying to discredit my argument because "lol I put too much thought into it" is scummy as fuck.

-Yuu
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:58 am

In post 242, reinoe wrote:This is actually kinda fun...

what's your opinion of Alchemist "dodging" my case on him?

:/

what I find scummy about your dodging isn't the fact that you ignored me at first - it's the fact that you made a bunch of posts after I poked you over it and wrote a bunch of stuff while still ignoring my actual point. that kind of behavior is more likely to come from scum who get called out, as opposed to town who, when pressured for an explanation, can give one. if you had kept poking Alchemist over it and he kept deflecting, I would agree that would be scummy.

either this is a misunderstanding or you're trying to redirect off yourself

in either case, the way you tried to discredit my argument earlier is scummy as hell and you still haven't answered either of my original questions
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:59 am

In post 250, Ankamius wrote:Pie, post more. I want to get a read on you.

I've been extremely busy recently and haven't had much time/motivation to play. but I will try

what's your read on reinoe?
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:01 pm

btw I agree about randomidget. that reads list looks like it's more derived from the general consensus of players, as opposed to having anything new in it

-Yuu
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:33 pm

In post 270, reinoe wrote:I'm giving 0 fucks about your case. You're trying to make it something more.

er..... no

I already gave some reasons why you "giving 0 fucks" is scummy at worst and extremely anti-town to the point where it should be disallowed in mafia games at best. I'm not making any more out of it

In post 270, reinoe wrote:You allow yourself a double standard. If I respond you can immediately accuse me of being defensive even if I'm not being defensive. If I don't respond you immediately accuse me of dodging, which is exactly what you did right away.

what I found defensive was not you responding. it's the fact that when you DID respond, you tried to discredit the case because "I thought about it too much" - which is bullshit and has nothing to do with my point. town who get called out explain why the argument against them is wrong - scum are more likely to try to discredit the case or bring up things that are completely unrelated in order to deflect, which is why your response was overly defensive.

and I just explained that. trying to spin it as calling you defensive just for responding is a blatant strawman

I see no reason to respond to the rest of the wall - if you're town, you are either not reading the thread or are blatantly ignoring me anyway. I'm done here

-Yuu
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:18 pm

In post 286, Ankamius wrote:Oh, one last note.

I'm getting a scumread on pie (Matsumi Sisters).

if this is a tone-based read I was expecting that eventually and I'm going to warn you right now I'm in the process of eliminating my overly aggressive style and only being ultra-aggressive when the situation calls for it (e.g. this game, ISO Team 9). (if you wanna know the reason why, it was not only taxing for me but it tended to just piss ppl off more than anything else and it didn't have the effect I wanted anyway)

if it's not, why?

also what do you make of reinoe's responses to me? I don't like the fact that his wall re: me basically consisted of nothing but misreps or the way he kept trying to discredit my original case on him instead of addressing it.
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (isolation #31) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:21 pm

btw @KB: why do you think Majiffy is scum lining up an easy lynch? I have him as null.

-Yuu
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (isolation #32) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:03 pm

Sorry for not being around, been busy, will catch up tomorrow unless my sister catches me up

-Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (isolation #33) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:13 am

So i was talking with yuu (pieguy) about the game, and was wondering why Ankamius has a scumread on pie despite me trusting him to get an accurate read on the slot, but yuu said that him getting a scumread on her is... normal? And convinced me that Ankamius is most likely town and that his mistake was based on him changing his playstyle.
I disagree with yuu about reinoe tho.
I'm going to talk with my sister about AK and Alchemist later, randomiget is pinging me atm.

- Kuro.
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (isolation #34) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:20 pm

In post 360, SXTLHGaiden wrote:Gaiden is quite a curious person.
He just finished season 5 of Supernatural.
And lost his 4th attempt to get out of Silver 5.
So now, where are we?

I'm townreading you, does that count?
On another note Yuu has been away all day on skype :(

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (isolation #35) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:18 am

So Ankamius and Duoblade why haven't you pegged me for my inactivity despite me usually being less active as scum than town?
I had my reasons for being inactive, but i'm surprised that you 2 have been ignoring it...

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #417 (isolation #36) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:02 am

If it's so black and white, then how come you're wrong?

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #518 (isolation #37) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:28 am

In post 517, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 511, Randomnamechange wrote:You aren't catching me out that easily :-)

This stinks
In post 515, reinoe wrote:It's not an overly complicated or obtuse question. Nor is it an attempt at a gotcha. Please answer the question.

This stinks even more.
Unvote
Vote: Randomiget

Haven't been able to talk with Yuu yet about this game, she keeps... just not commenting and saying "I need to catch up on it" and what not.

- Kuro

Pickup
Unvote
Vote: Randomiget
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #547 (isolation #38) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:14 am

Wait wtf, it was a hamer? I thought he only had like 3-4 votes on him...
Ah well doesn't matter a scum lynch is good.

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #551 (isolation #39) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:25 am

Sorry, i've been skimming the thread mostly and decided to just wing it from there.
@Reinoe: That's interesting wanna make a bet about what randomiget will flip? If he flips town then i'll self-vote all day tomorrow, if he flips scum then you will sheep my every vote.

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #577 (isolation #40) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:29 am

I didn't know he was at L-1, I said that already.
That being said:
In post 551, Matsumi Sisters wrote:@Reinoe: That's interesting wanna make a bet about what randomiget will flip? If he flips town then i'll self-vote all day tomorrow, if he flips scum then you will sheep my every vote.

He flipped town, so imma hold my end of the bargain
Vote: Matsumi Sisters

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (isolation #41) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:34 am

In post 576, Flames of Disaster wrote:How do you know if there is a vig? I don't think there is a vig at all.

Why ask this to flum instead of Reinoe who's been saying there's a vig since like D1?
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #583 (isolation #42) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:07 am

It's obvious that after my blunder scum's taking the chance to get another mislynch, with how quickly this wagon's building up it's like scum jumped right in to shut discussion as fast as possible with another town lynch, specially since i'm upholding my bet (because if I didn't scum would have another motive to lynch me).
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #584 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:09 am

a.k.a I think Flames is scum. his predecessor did nothing aside from asking a couple questions and a bit of IIoA and he now comes in and sheeps the first person that talks to him.
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #588 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:46 am

But I didn't know he was at L-1, you're assuming I lynched him on purpose
Unaware I made the bet, feigning confidence because that's how I always play
Sorry town, I have failed you :(
In post 327, Matsumi Sisters wrote:and was wondering why Ankamius has a scumread on pie despite me trusting him to get an accurate read on the slot

In post 415, Matsumi Sisters wrote:So Ankamius and Duoblade why haven't you pegged me for my inactivity despite me usually being less active as scum than town?

In post 417, Matsumi Sisters wrote:If it's so black and white, then how come you're wrong?

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #602 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:20 am

Oh wow I was at L-1? i didnt realize.
My previous post, I had planned on claiming but i left it as a breadcrumb instead.
And since people insist
Unvote
Vote: Flames
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #603 (isolation #46) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:20 am

- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #605 (isolation #47) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:25 am

2-Shot Vig, I vig'd Ankamius
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #607 (isolation #48) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:28 am

In post 606, reinoe wrote:
In post 602, Matsumi Sisters wrote:Oh wow I was at L-1? i didnt realize.
My previous post, I had planned on claiming but i left it as a breadcrumb instead.
And since people insist
Unvote

This is why matsu Needed to be at l-1. Look at that lack of claim. Shows how insincere the "oh I'll self vote "comment was.

I'm gonna be pissed if we waste another fucking 10 days Farting around not lynching this shit.

2 ppl have been telling me to stop voting myself, And now you come and do exactly as I said scum would do if I didn't keep the end of my bargain.
FUCK THIS *Flips Table*
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #611 (isolation #49) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:33 am

I should've trusted pie's scumread on reinoe :(
Well whatever, either leave me alive to take my final shot or lynch me today, i'm done with this game at this point because of Reinoe pulling Catch-22 and ppl still wanting to lynch me over him.
If i self-vote i'm scum for playing anti-town
If I dont self-vote i'm scum for not withholding my end of the bargain.
Just end this already so i can kiss this game goodbye.
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #612 (isolation #50) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:33 am

In post 610, Anatole Kuragin wrote:seriously what the fuck were you thinking with that shot

The same thing you're thinking by lynching me.
High chance of being scum.
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #616 (isolation #51) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:43 am

In post 613, Majiffy wrote:Is that L-1?

Stating intent.

Vig doesn't self-vote.

Not unless said Vig is Sakura Hana, however as I said if you're gonna lynch me do it already, I don't have much time for mafia lately anyways.
In post 615, reinoe wrote:
In post 607, Matsumi Sisters wrote:
In post 606, reinoe wrote:
In post 602, Matsumi Sisters wrote:Oh wow I was at L-1? i didnt realize.
And since people insist
Unvote

This is why matsu Needed to be at l-1. Look at that lack of claim. Shows how insincere the "oh I'll self vote "comment was.

I'm gonna be pissed if we waste another fucking 10 days Farting around not lynching this shit.

2 ppl have been telling me to stop voting myself, And now you come and do exactly as I said scum would do if I didn't keep the end of my bargain.
FUCK THIS *Flips Table*

Who are you going to listen to, them or me?

Them because you're scum.
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #698 (isolation #52) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:21 pm

In post 633, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 631, reinoe wrote:You expect us to believe you vigged Ankamius over Gaiden? Nope.

Because i'm pretty sure Gaiden is town, I know how to read him and this has been proven multiple times over multiple games.
In post 631, reinoe wrote:I invite anyone unsure if they should hammer to look through Matsumi's ISO. Is there anything in there showing that Matsu was so sure of Ankamius being scum that they'd be willing to shoot? Nope.

I found it odd that his read on pie was wrong, I thought he was scum because of that.
In post 630, Alchemist21 wrote:Is this a serious claim? I quoted 2 posts where you had Ank as town on D1, and I never saw a post where you suddenly felt Ank was scum. If you are a vig, why did you shoot Ank?

Did you even read my post where I showed my trajectory wrt Ankamius?
- Kuro

In post 637, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 588, Matsumi Sisters wrote:But I didn't know he was at L-1, you're assuming I lynched him on purpose
Unaware I made the bet, feigning confidence because that's how I always play
Sorry town, I have failed you :(
In post 327, Matsumi Sisters wrote:and was wondering why Ankamius has a scumread on pie despite me trusting him to get an accurate read on the slot

In post 415, Matsumi Sisters wrote:So Ankamius and Duoblade why haven't you pegged me for my inactivity despite me usually being less active as scum than town?

In post 417, Matsumi Sisters wrote:If it's so black and white, then how come you're wrong?

- Kuro

Here's where i was getting suspicious of ank.

In post 639, Sakura Hana wrote:Or Unless of course Pie hasn't talked to me about the game in forever, so I took the reigns of the slot

In post 697, Sakura Hana wrote:I really hope this doesn't turn into one of those games where town does nothing until deadline then lynches me anyway.
If you're not gonna scumhunt then just lynch me, but I wanna know what will your suspects be after I flip town.

On another note I'll talk to notty about replacing my hydra with my main since pie went MIA, in the meantime i'll quote all these with my hydra.

Pick ups
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #702 (isolation #53) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:53 pm

I'M HERE
I'm in too many games and I've been busy as fuck recently. I'll catch up on this game no later than this weekend. <- this is a promise

-Yuu
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #703 (isolation #54) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:54 pm

In post 701, Sakura Hana wrote:So are you going to troll and just sit there fiddling your thumbs and hope town listens to your scummy ramblings?
Fine by me.
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #705 (isolation #55) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:53 am

Oh look at who finally decided to appear
Spoiler: A Little Backstory
I had plans of quitting mafia either permanently or for a long while, then pieguy wanted me to continue playing and offered to hydra with me for this game, then he abandons me because he's busy with stuff and since i also got busy for a lil while i wasn't caught up in the thread and without pieguy as help to catch me up i decided to skim it and that's when derp hammer happened. I've been so annoyed that i don't even care if you guys lynch me or not at this point, but at least I decided im not going to make it easy.

Why is metal sonic here?
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #709 (isolation #56) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:25 am

In post 708, reinoe wrote:No it isn't. Matsumi has taken the fake claim route. It's an attempt to draw out a cc and get a kill of a PR or an attempt to get a mass claim.

Or scum has taken the kill a PR during the day so they dont have to waste a shot on them tonight route.
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #711 (isolation #57) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:31 am

In post 710, reinoe wrote:
In post 709, Matsumi Sisters wrote:
In post 708, reinoe wrote:No it isn't. Matsumi has taken the fake claim route. It's an attempt to draw out a cc and get a kill of a PR or an attempt to get a mass claim.

Or scum has taken the kill a PR during the day so they dont have to waste a shot on them tonight route.
- Kuro

Your play doesn't correspond to your role. Your shot doesn't correspond to your read. Fake claiming is an art you have not yet mastered.

I am aware my play this game hasn't been ideal, and it's mostly due to annoyance that this is the 2nd time i hydra with someone and my other half flakes on me, specially after i wanted to stop playing mafia for a while and got convinced to join this as hydra. I have no qualms if i get lynched, but as I said, i'm not going to make it easy for scum to lynch me.
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #712 (isolation #58) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:33 am

So how about you answer my question, I flip town 2-shot vig, let's suppose scum also shoots the remaining PR, you're 3 PRs down and 1 VT down, with a full mountainous against scum, and at a number disadvantage, what next?
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #719 (isolation #59) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:43 am

And he's still dodging the question, there's guaranteed scum here:
Unvote
Vote: reinoe

- Kuro.
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #722 (isolation #60) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:06 am

In post 721, Sakura Hana wrote:Well then go ahead and lynch me so town can lynch your scummy ass tomorrow after i flip town.

pick up
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #725 (isolation #61) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:21 am

It doesn't matter, If i get lynched today, ppl will lynch reinoe tomorrow.
If i don't get lynched today I vig reinoe tonight.
Win/Win situation for me
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #727 (isolation #62) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:33 am

True, but idc about becoming conf town, i only care about getting scum dead.
Whichever paht it takes to reach that goal im fine with.
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #730 (isolation #63) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:40 am

Me replacing out of a game due to emotion is a trust tell and i've been banned for it before, so i'm not willing to take the risk of being banned again for it
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #733 (isolation #64) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:46 am

In post 732, Sakura Hana wrote:I was planning on doing that, however i still don't mind hydraing as long as my hydra partner doesn't abandon me >.>
Back then i was pretty fine with it: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p6182022 but there's a game coming up in which i wanna hydra: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p6262751 so I can't afford getting banned now.

Pick Up.
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #734 (isolation #65) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:48 am

Inb4 i get banned again anyway for bringing this up, and then i'll hate all of your guts
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #746 (isolation #66) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:40 am

It's games like this that have made me want to quit mafia, people just sit around doing nothing while scum enjoy the town apathy, then a compromise lynch happens, towny dies, and then scum leads the town again. I already mentioned 2 possible scum, I don't know what else you want from me since no one's bothered to do anything and the people I question don't want to answer...
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #747 (isolation #67) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:46 am

If anything Flumminator's like super town for still wanting to do stuff and scumhunt amidst the town apathy driven by reinoe and co.
- Kuro.
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #749 (isolation #68) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:52 am

In post 748, reinoe wrote:
In post 747, Matsumi Sisters wrote:If anything Flumminator's like super town for still wanting to do stuff and scumhunt amidst the town apathy driven by reinoe and co.
- Kuro.

Now that is an interesting false accusation I'd like to see you support. How am I driving town apathy and who are the "co"?

By just trolling and posting irrelevant stuff instead of doing actual work related to the game, in hopes that ppl get tired of it and wait it out until deadline so you can speedlynch me as compromise lynch, or, hoping town will get tired of listening to your rambling and decide to just lynch me.
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #750 (isolation #69) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:52 am

oh and co, would be AK.
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #754 (isolation #70) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:01 am

Sakura Hana wrote:Criticizing his writings rather than his contribution? You gotta be kidding me.

Pick up.
Also posts like these do nothing to advance the game state, and i'm the only one concerned by this, why, i cant be like the only town member in this game (inb4 conspirancy)
In post 700, reinoe wrote:
Spoiler: Why Matsumi Sisters need to be lynched today
In an interview with Mario Kart 8 director Kosuke Yabuki, Yabuki went into great detail about how they struggled to make a brand new character to make their debut in Mario Kart 8. But once the creative ideas started flowing, something magical was born.

“In the initial stages of planning, I hired some of the best character designers in the industry to create more characters for Mario Kart 8 because we ran out of great Mario characters to use,” explained Yabuki, “We could have used Diddy Kong or Dry Bones again, but those characters are simply filler compared to titans like Baby Mario and Baby Daisy. We needed something fresh and on the first day, the design team came up with some wonderful ideas.”

The character designer who came up with Pink Gold Peach, Miyake Takuji, said that his ideas for brand new Mario characters would awe the masses. In his opinion however, he says that Nintendo chose one of his weakest designs.

“The design team did not know each other the first day so we held an icebreaker,” recalled Takuji, “We held a contest for the most unoriginal character for fun and it just so happened that Yabuki-san stopped by to see how we were doing. He walked into a room full of characters like Baby Metal Mario and Waluigi 2. Before we could explain what was happening, he looked at my Gold Peach and said that this character was perfect.”

“Afterwards, I was kept on the team for three years to help refine the character,” continued Takuji, “I was still getting paid so it did not matter to me. In the meantime, I created some more characters like Gold Mario for the new Mario Golf game. That is also why we had to change Gold Peach to Pink Gold Peach because players might have thought Nintendo was running out of ideas after seeing Gold Mario and then Gold Peach. I also tried to present a redesign of Wart from Super Mario USA to the team, but they thought he was not unique enough considering Yoshi was already in the game.”

And it seems that Nintendo’s decision to hire these character designers has paid off. Popular Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu has already named Pink Gold Peach as one of the top video game characters of 2014 that are completely made out of gold.

In post 699, reinoe wrote:
Spoiler: Why aphix is scum
Shadow the Hedgehog is an action computer game for the Sony PlayStation 2, Microsoft Xbox and Nintendo Gamecube. Despite its apparent targeting at a younger audience, the game undeniably touches on issues of race, often in an unfair way. Shadow is a black character, as are the main villains of the game. While Shadow is essentially the 'hero' of the game, it is not straightforward. Players are given a choice as to whether to be good or evil.

Unlike his counterpart 'Sonic', Shadow, the main character of the game, is not an archetypal hero. He is portrayed as an 'edgier' character, having suffered amnesia and therefore having difficulties with his own sense of self. Most importantly of all, whereas Sonic is blue, Shadow's fur is that of a distinct black. Whereas Sonic would appear on the covers of his games with a big grin on his face, Shadow appears on the cover art with a definite sneer, most notably holding what appears to be a large gun. In the game itself, when Shadow first acquires his firearm, Sonic utters,
"I wouldn't be caught dead with one of those."

Why is this? Because Sonic is not black? Sonic Team, the creator of the game, are definitely making a point here. Firstly, Sonic is implying that it is not in his character to use guns, does this mean it is in a black persons nature to use guns? In all the many, many Sonic games, Sonic has never once used a gun, but in giving the first black character in the Sonic universe their own spin-off game, they immediately pick up a gun and don't even question the morality of its usage.

Secondly, unlike a normal Sonic game, the player of 'Shadow' is given the choice as to whether or not to play through the game as 'good' or 'evil'. Why is this? Never once while playing as Sonic have we had the chance to be evil. However, once we switch to Shadow, his black counterpart, many of the games' objectives are in fact, to do evil deeds. Is it a mere coincidence that the 'black guy' has the ability to become evil, while the 'white guy' (or in this case blue) does not?

The bad guys are rather unsubtly named 'The Black Aliens'. Within the story they have come down to Earth and are causing havoc on the world they're invading. If this is not a swipe at immigration laws then I don't know what is. At once the soldiers of Earth (all of them are white) go to war with these black aliens. If a player decides to side with these soldiers these 'black aliens' can be killed. However, to side with the aliens, you are not able to kill the soldiers, merely knock them to the ground; either that or simply destroy lifeless robots. The evidence is clear here, you are allowed to kill 'the blacks', but you aren't allowed to kill 'the whites'. Is the life of a white man really that much more significant than the life of a black man? Were the actions of the 'Black Aliens' to be performed by human they would ultimately considered as 'terrorist', therefore by this rationale every terrorist must be black.

While all the characters in the Sonic the Hedgehog universe have their own distinct personalities (Sonic being the 'cool' one, Knuckles being the 'brash' one, etc), Shadow on the other hand does not. He is confused and alone; he is essentially a black man in a white man's world. When the 'Black Aliens' come to his Earth, he naturally fears them.

"Get out of my sight, disgusting black creatures," is just one of the many racist remarks he himself utters, despite the fact that he is black himself. Only when the story progresses and Shadow realises that he may be of the same origin as the black aliens, does he call their wickedness into question. Is this a knock by Sega at the 'average' black man not staying true to his roots in today's white oriented culture? It seems likely.

At one point in the game you are forced to decide between siding with the 'Black Aliens' or the evil 'Dr. Robotnik'. For those not familiar with the Sonic the Hedgehog universe, Dr. Robotnik is essentially a fascist dictator with aspirations of world domination. Now, while the black aliens are doing 'evil' deeds, Dr. Robotnik has also performed, and continues to perform deeds just as evil. Let us imagine, for argument's sake, that the Black Aliens and Dr. Robotnik are as 'evil' as each other; why so then, is Dr. Robotnik's cause portrayed as the 'hero' option while the side of the 'Black Aliens' portrayed as the 'evil' option? Is it because Dr. Robotnik is white?

Shadow the Hedgehog? Ban this racist filth.

In post 716, reinoe wrote:
Spoiler: randommidget wagon analysis
In a depressing announcement, though not all that surprising, the U.S. Department of State has revealed that the person responsible for reviewing the environmental impact of the keystone pipeline has been smoking pot incessantly for the past five years.

”Information has recently come to our attention that explains why the pipeline hasn’t been approved. The employee reviewing the project has had a lack of motivation from smoking pot. This employee has been reassigned and we will be approving the pipeline immediately. We are truly sorry for delay.”

With multiple reports showing that the keystone pipeline will cause no environmental damage, people have been flabbergasted as to why it hasn’t been green-lighted. We now know why.

Despite most people expressing outrage at the news, President Obama said today that it doesn’t bother him. “Listen, I sympathize with the federal employee. These people work hard and sometimes they need some relief from the stress. He might’ve over done it, but that’s OK. I will continue the practice of allowing federal employees to be extremely incompetent without fear of consequences.”

The President went on to say that the reason it took him so long to call the Benghazi attack a terrorist event was that he too occasionally smokes pot. “We all do it. Why do you think it takes so long to get things done around here?”

The President is right in his analysis according to Washington insiders who fear things are starting to get out of hand. “There has been a disturbing increase in drug abuse in Congress and federal agencies. People don’t take the time to read pieces of legislation because they’re too high.”

In our recent trip to D.C., we witnessed multiple instances of bizarre behavior that could only be attributed to substance abuse. A blank-faced Nancy Pelosi was sitting in a corner, staring wide-eyed and repeating the words “we have to pass the bill to find out what’s in it.” Several Congressmen approached Senator Schumer, or “Shroomer” as they were calling him, and engaged in what appeared to be a drug deal.

Although it may seem hypocritical for our lawmakers to be engaging in drug abuse while at the same time supporting laws prohibiting such action, they view it as protecting the nation. As one congressman put it, “Washington has basically become a giant hell hole where untalented people come to get high and produce half-assed legislation. Can you imagine if the entire nation were allowed to do what we do?”

In post 740, reinoe wrote:
Spoiler: Reads list
Movie Review (This part was written after a few drinks)

The film “Ghostbusters” starts out with two students, a boy and a nameless interchangeable Hollywood blonde, being tested by Dr. Peter Vankman. Vankman is portrayed by the overrated actor Bill Murray. Peter is holding up Zener Cards facing away from the students and having them try to guess what the shapes are. Every time the student guesses wrong they are given a mild electrical shock. Peter Vankman refers to this as negative reinforcement, which is false. It’s actually called “punishment”. From our textbook: “a negative reinforcer is any stimulus that, when REMOVED after a response, strengthens the response”. Don’t be disappointed though, because there are plenty of other things that psychologists can point out that’s wrong about the movie. If I turned it into a drinking game like one of my housemates who’s getting her Master’s degree in Neurobiology suggested, I’d be dead.

Let’s get back to the movie. Scott and the nameless interchangeable Hollywood blonde each try to guess three times what the shapes are. Now interestingly Scott guesses correctly two out of three times, and the girl gets all three of her guesses wrong but no matter what Scott guesses, Peter claims he’s wrong. Scott storms out of the “lab” angrily, and btw the “lab” looks more like a spacious closet filled with junk. But the junk is actually research equipment that the parapsychology department uses. Anyway with Scott out of the way Peter begins flirting with the nameless interchangeable Hollywood blonde and asks her to meet him at his home at around 8pm.

Before I get too far into the movie review I’d like to explain what Zener Cards are. Here’s what I cut/pasted from Wikipedia. Zener cards are cards used to conduct experiments for extra-sensory perception (ESP), most often clairvoyance. Perceptual psychologist Karl Zener (1903-1964) designed the cards in the early 1930s for experiments conducted with his colleague, parapsychologist J. B. Rhine (1895–1980). Ok that’s the end of my cut/paste. Before Peter can finish setting up the study session/inappropriate date with his student he’s interrupted by Dr. Raymond Stantz who’s played by actor co-writer of the movie, Dan Aykroyd.

Ray insists that they need to get the team together because the “P.K.E.” meter readings are off the charts and they’ve confirmed ghost sightings at one of New York’s famous libraries. “P.K.E.” is never explained in the movie but according to my extensive research on the Ghostbusters Wikipedia page, “P.K.E.” stands for Psychokinetic Energy. Also according to Ghostbusters Wikipedia, the device is called an “aurascope” which is a much cooler name for the device. Since all this stuff is made up anyway they should have stuck with the less accurate but cooler “aurascope”. Lord knows they threw scientific accuracy out the window in the first five minutes so it’s not like that was a concern for the writers.

When Ray and Peter arrive at the library they interview several of the witnesses. This is to confirm that none of them are suffering from paranoid schizophrenia, have incredibly strong religious beliefs, have experienced any hallucinations in the past, or are on mind altering drugs. It’s actually a good display of psychological investigation but don’t get used to it. When Ray and Peter head down to the lower and less used areas of the library we’re introduced to Dr. Egon Spangler, the other co-writer and fellow actor Harold Ramis. Dr. Spangler is looking through his “P.K.E.” meter and explaining some technobabble about what's going on. Actually I’m going to refer to it as an aurascope from now on.

While investigating the underbelly of the library they come across what can only be described as “slime” covering some of the cabinets and bookshelves. This slime is not explained but instead of chalking it up to bad writing I’m going to give the movie the benefit of the doubt and assume that the explanation was left on the cutting room floor. Anyway they eventually encounter the ghost, who appears to be a dead librarian. After Ray tries to converse with the ghost she releases a banshee wail and they all flee. The fact that they had no plan of action is lamp shaded by Peter.

The next day the team arrives at Columbia University to find that their “equipment” is being packed and loaded into trucks. The “dean” explains that their grant has been revoked. He cites poor results, lack of scientific methods being used, and how the parapsychology department is beginning to damage the reputation of the university. Complaints about him hitting on female students may have been a contributing factor as well. The idea that a third party would be packing up scientific equipment into trucks defies common sense with all the potential liability issue at play. The parapsychology grant being ended without any forewarning also defies common sense. It’s at this point that I realized this movie was much better when I was a kid with less ability to reason. Maybe I should have turned this experience into a drinking game after all?

The “team” then decides to become private investigators of paranormal activity. In order to finance this venture Ray gets a second mortgage on a house his parents left him. I’m going to assume that a montage of them getting their small business idea rejected from various banks was left out of the movie. They move into an abandoned fire station as their place of business. Now I’d like to point out that even though the fire station is in disrepair, the place is huge. A place that large in New York had to be a steal no matter how messed up it is. All they have to do is hire a team of illegal immigrant maids to clean up the place and it would be absolutely fantastic. Oh and I’d like to finish this paragraph by saying that Ray slides down a pole and boyishly shouts “we’ll take it”.

After that scene ends we’re introduced to Sigourney Weaver’s character, Dana Barrett. Dana is walking home carrying a bag of groceries. While going through the hallway she encounters her nebbish nosey neighbor (alliteration!) Louis Tully, played by actor Richard Moranis. Louis awkwardly flirts with Dana. After she rebuffs him he finds himself embarrassingly locked out of his apartment when his door closes as Dana enters her own residence. (When Dana enters her apartment I’m dumbstruck. Now let me interject once again. Dana is a cellist for “a major symphony orchestra”. Let’s assume it’s the New York Philharmonic and Tully does her taxes and he’s very good. That doesn’t explain how she can afford an apartment that appears to be the size of a medium sized house in New York, in a fabulously posh building). When Dana lays down her groceries in her kitchen apartment the eggs begin to boil and pop out of their shells. She opens the fridge and there are no groceries. Instead there’s a pyramid-shaped temple is floating in what appears to be another dimension. A terror dog pops up and shouts the name “Zuul!” at her. She flees the apartment, terrified out of her wits.

Now we flash forward to the newly cleaned and organized headquarters for The Ghostbusters. I’m sure they did what I recommended and hired the illegal immigrant maids. We also meet Janine Melnitz who’s played by actress Annie Potts. She’s the secretary/administrative assistant for the crew and she laments that there have been no calls. Peter laments the situation and brings up a valid point when he asks her to type something, anything, since that’s what they’re paying her for. After Janine has a brief conversation that confirms Egon’s “geekiness”, Ray drives into the hall with a hearse. It’s dirty and grimy and appears to be on its last legs. And it only costs $4k! That’s in 1984 dollars. That Ray is one hell of a negotiator. We move to the next scene where we encounter the fabulously wealthy cellist Dana spending the night at what appears to be the Waldorf Astoria. While watching t.v. and not practicing on her cello, Dana just happens to see The Ghostbuster’s commercial advertising their services.

We move forward to Peter walking down the hallway of the super posh apartment building that Dana was living at before ghosts decided to show up. While walking down the hall way Dana advises Peter to “be vewwy, vewwy quiet” just like Elmer Fudd. Ok that didn’t happen but it definitely would have made this movie slightly better. Just imagine Sigourney Weaver saying that. In case you hadn’t realized this I’m writing this movie review after kicking back a few. Because Peter is an idiot and doesn’t realize that noise might activate ghostly activities, he keeps blabbing. This allows the nebbish nosey neighbor (I hope you like alliteration!) Louis to hear them as they walk by. He pops out of his apartment to talk to them. It’s actually really impressive because you can hear some really pumping music coming out of his apartment and he’s got a really lively get-together taking place in his apartment.

Nebbish nosey neighbor (ALLITERATION!)Louis awkwardly flirts with Dana and gets rebuffed again. He also locks himself out of his place again. This locking himself out of the apartment really gets on my nerves by the way. Moving on, Peter begins “investigating” Dana’s now abandoned and haunted apartment. Peter clearly has perception problems because he doesn’t ask how the heck a cellist can afford to stay at a hotel that appears to be the Waldorf Astoria while also being able to afford an apartment in New York that’s the size of a three bedroom home.

Anyway because the question is burning in my mind I looked it up. A regular gig at the philharmonic today is $91, 260 which, in New York, isn’t enough to justify her apartment. No way in hell. I believe Dana is waitressing on the side like 99% of New York actors and actresses. Sorry about the aside but it was bugging me so much I had to look it up. I’ll probably cut/paste this part into the personal commentary later if I remember.

Anyway Peter awkwardly flirts with Dana because awkwardly flirting with people is the only kind of flirting there is in this movie. We’ve all heard the old standby: write what you know. And what we know is that that Dana’s apartment shows no sign of being haunted other than having fried egg on the counter. Or at least that’s what we should have known because this movie is predictable. Peter’s aurascope never makes a blip during the entire investigation. Anyway Dana gets tired of being awkwardly flirted with and comments that Peter doesn’t behave like a regular scientist and demands he leave her apartment. Her comments that Peter is not a scientist is true in two different ways and I’m wondering if maybe it’s a subtle implication that Dana can display Extrasensory Perception (ESP).

It’s true in one way because Peter can’t really claim to be a scientist after he got thrown out of Columbia University for not respecting the scientific method. But it’s also true that Peter doesn’t act like what Dana expects from scientists because she expects scientists to be stiff and analytical. Dana is displaying top-down processing when she expects scientists to operate in a certain way. Peter is violating her proto-type and concept of what scientists look and act like. I just displayed recall by remembering those concepts. And I’m going to display some positive reinforcement by rewarding myself with a cookie.

Now I’m realizing that this movie review is going really long and I haven’t even gotten to the bizarre stuff. My review is going to be a lot less detailed from here on out. It is just as well because this is the part of the movie where the writers throw reality out the window and leave few psychological or scientific areas to discuss.

The Ghostbusters get a really rich client at a swanky hotel. Slimer gets captured and word spreads that the Ghostbusters are the real deal. We get a montage of increasing supernatural activity and subsequent increase in business. The old hearse gets its iconic paintjob and is renamed “Ecto-1”. Nebbish nosey neighbor Louis gets possessed by Vinz Clortho “The Keymaster” when he’s attacked in a park by a terror dog. Dana moves back into her apartment and gets possessed by Zuul “The Gatekeeper”. Both demons speak of the coming of Gozer, who will destroy the world. According to the montage, business is so good for the Ghostbusters that they can now afford a Token Black Guy (TBG) to be on their team; Winston Zeddemore played by Ernie Hudson. I would like to point out that the writers didn’t even bother to make Winston Zeddemore a fellow unemployed doctor and parapsychologist. He’s literally in the movie just to be the TBG. It really grinds my gears.

An a-hole lawyer named Walter Peck (William Atherton) works for the Environmental Protection Agency and eventually shuts down the containment unit that the Ghostbusters were using to hold the ghosts. They can’t be destroyed btw. With the Ghostbusters arrested and the containment unit shut down, paranormal activity goes through the roof. It eventually gets so bad that the mayor frees the team to help fix the problem. Unfortunately by then “The Gatekeeper” (Zuul) and “The Keymaster” (Vinz Clortho) meet and free the spirit of Gozer. Nonsense about cults, mad doctors, and humans being evil gets thrown in to the technobabble in order to justify the Ghostbusters going to the roof of Dana’s apartment. The roof has become a gateway to hell.

Gozer is up there and does battle with the Ghostbusters. Gozer beats them down in a face meltingly brutal fashion. Since the team is defeated they’re asked to choose the form of the world destroyer. We get the famous scene of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man destroying New York. It’s all well and good though because the team blasts their proton guns into the gate. Thanks to the power of more technobabble and crossing streams the gate is overloaded destroying Gozer’s connection to this world. Dana of the fabulous apartment and Nebbish Nosey Neighbor Louis are saved from Gozer and free to continue their awkward relationship. The Ghostbusters are hailed as heroes and huge sections of New York are in ruin! Its ok, its New York so I doubt anyone will notice all the rubble.

External References (This part was written sober)

Bizarre visions, psychics, and strange dreams; these are the basis for many parapsychological concepts. As explored in the film Ghostbusters these unexplainable phenomena have captured the interests and fears of people for years. While auditory and visual hallucinations are the most common contributors of known hallucination research there are others as well. Particularly dangers are “command hallucinations”, where an individual is being told to do something. Command hallucinations have a particular link to schizophrenia and I’d like to take some time to discuss it now.

Schizophrenia is generally characterized by a breakdown of thought processes and poor emotional responsiveness. Genetics, neurobiology, and environment are the most important contributing factors to a diagnosis of schizophrenia. However drug use has been known to cause or exacerbate symptoms. People suffering from the illness have been known to be affected by chronic behavioral and emotional problems like depression and anxiety disorders. These hallucinations and bizarre behaviors could have been attributed to demonic possession in ancient times. A more likely candidate to have caused these symptoms though, is ergot poisoning.

Ergot poisoning is caused by the consumption of the Claviceps purpurea fungus. The fungus grows on rye and other cereals. More correctly, the alkaloids produced by the fungus cause the illness. The alkaloids can pass from mother to infant through lactation. Symptoms include seizures, diarrhea, itching, headache, nausea, and vomiting. (Hans Stødkilde-Jørgensen, Niels Otto Jacobsen, Esbern Warncke, Jan 2008)Any area that experiences moist weather, cool temperatures, and delayed harvest can have an ergot poisoning. These types of environmental conditions describe most of northwestern Europe so it should come as no surprise that in the past these areas experienced extensive outbreaks of ergot poisoning. Ethiopia received an outbreak of ergot poisoning in mid-2001. (Urga, Debella, Medihn, Agata, Bayu, Zewdie, 2002) More recent research has been made suggesting that Ergot poisoning greatly contributed to the events that led to the Salem Witch Trials. (Caporael, 1976) In the article Linnda Caporael pointed out that many of the symptoms experienced mentioned in diaries at the time mentioned symptoms very similar to those caused by Ergot poisoning. Supporting evidence for Linnda’s thesis was presented by Mary Matossian. (Matossian, 1982)

Hearing strange sounds, sight unseen, along with bizarre and out of this world visions. No, I’m no longer talking about hallucinations caused by ‘shrooms, I’m talking about religion. I know this may be the most controversial point, but the difference between hearing the voice of God and the difference between a ghost haunting the pews is so few that I wanted to investigate it briefly. A group of people in church suddenly “freak out” and begin having seizure like symptoms. Are they touched by the hand of God? Is it a demon trolling the church members for giggles? More likely it’s mass hysteria taking affect. Mass hysteria is a collective psychological disorder and should not to be confused with the band “Mass Hysteria”. The illness is described as the spontaneous manifestation of the same or similar physical symptoms by more than one person without actual physical cause.

Conclusion (This part was also written sober)

Really, I don’t have much to add for the conclusion. The concepts of schizophrenia, religious beliefs, and some psychological terms were brought into the movie discussion and the connection to parapsychology was actually quite strong in the beginning. Of course being the silly movie that it is, they had to discard a lot of the good psychology and science to justify ghosts. I just wish they had brought in some psychologists to explain some of the bad writing. Ergot poisoning and Mass hysteria and ergot poisoning weren’t discussed in the movie but I can’t fault them for that. The movie was already nearly 2 hours.

But if you’re willing to ignore the stuff that doesn’t make sense and shut off the logical part of your brain, (pot and/or alcohol will help with this by the way) I can definitely understand why the Ghostbusters was such a big hit. The movie encompassed so many early 80's ideals. Famous 80’s actors, a token Black dude who adds nothing to the story, silly acting (I mean this in a good, 80’s way), a cheesy love story, ghosts, and of course how could anyone forget that theme song.

In post 741, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Your piece couldn't decide if it was a review, a synopsis, or a report and it's not clear who its intended audience is. Entire sentences were plagiarized from Wikipedia. Considering you also posted this review on a furry forum two years ago and it's not even fresh - it was a complete waste of time for me to read. D+
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #755 (isolation #71) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:02 am

In post 753, reinoe wrote:
In post 749, Matsumi Sisters wrote:
In post 748, reinoe wrote:
In post 747, Matsumi Sisters wrote:If anything Flumminator's like super town for still wanting to do stuff and scumhunt amidst the town apathy driven by reinoe and co.
- Kuro.

Now that is an interesting false accusation I'd like to see you support. How am I driving town apathy and who are the "co"?

By just trolling and posting irrelevant stuff instead of doing actual work related to the game, in hopes that ppl get tired of it and wait it out until deadline so you can speedlynch me as compromise lynch, or, hoping town will get tired of listening to your rambling and decide to just lynch me.
- Kuro

k. Thanks for digging your own grave just a little bit further. Again you had nothing critical to say about Gaiden yesterday, and in fact attributed Gaiden's behavior as town. You're flinging shit at the wall hoping for a distraction. Also I already announced that I would just troll today because you're obvious scum.

You're not a compromise lynch. You're a scum lynch. And by putting my trolling in spoilers it's easy to avoid and ignore.

The fact that this town comprises do-nothing lurksacks who aren't getting replaced is something you should take to the listmod, as we had a member go the entire DP without getting replaced. Have you contacted a listmod? I know I already did, why haven't you?

I can provide proof that im capable of 100% reading gaiden despite his troll posts
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #757 (isolation #72) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:15 am

In post 756, Sakura Hana wrote:The fact that this game is giving me flashbacks of xenologue and newbie 1470 isn't good...

Why do i even hydra, i hydra slip all the time...
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #855 (isolation #73) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:31 pm

hi. I'm getting completely owned by classes (I thought I'd be able to catch up over the weekend but it turns out I spent literally the entire weekend finishing this assignment) so I haven't been able to catch up. I will be able to catch up tomorrow guaranteed (I don't have any assignments to do).
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #926 (isolation #74) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:58 pm

I've been busy as fuck recently with even ~more~ school shit. I don't know if I'll ever get to catch up at this rate. there is a good chance I will have free time tomorrow/this weekend.
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1013 (isolation #75) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Maybe next time you should be less of an obvious tracker AK ;)
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1017 (isolation #76) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Bye
Vote: Matsumi Sisters

Return to “Completed Open Games”