Mini 448: Judgement Day Mafia-Game Over!

Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by Qman »

xyzzy wrote:You didn't choose one.
You are right, I didn't, I don't see the point in picking on of a rigged system.
If I say:

Power Role = *waves a kill me scum flag*
Scum = *waves a lynch me flag*
Townie = Pointless, because both a power role and a scum would say they were just a townie.

Really it's a no win situation. I choose not to respond to it with a hollow reply.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by Spambot »

Qman wrote:1.) What play? Thats not even meant to be sarcastic. A random vote and two oops posts? I didn't even notice the questions when you first posted it. Theres your answer.
Fair enough. I think hearing people talk about who they replaced is interesting.
2.) It's a cop out, and I know it, but I don't know who we should lynch today. Ergo, I'm not voting. I will say I'm not comfortable being the hammer on xyzzy, which is why i haven't voted. If *I* had to pick I'd pick Bluezebra, because his investigations while possible, are a little fishy as they duplicate WhoMe?'s
His investigations? It would be helpful if you figured out who you wanted lynched, as we will LOSE the game if people act like this.
3.) I'm pretty confident in WhoMes claim, and xyzzy fits what I'd picture the role name as in this setting. Blue Zebra, eehh.. I'm really unsure of his because all he did was state he investigated the exact same people after whome posted his. I'm not saying it couldn't legitimately happen... but it's at the least, noteable as an oddity.

4&5.) I'm pretty sure we don't have two cops, unless one is naive/paranoid. And neither seems to be paranoid as no one has been posted as coming up scum. Though I have zero problem believing that god is a naive cop. The problem here is that both say the came up with the same results on the same people. I'm leaning towards only 1 Cop role. I know it looks like I'm waffling here, but i doubt I can avoid it. I'm unsure, and don't want to come down to hard on one side of this only to regret it later, as mistakes can haunt you in this game. For now, I'd buy one Legit Cop, with a nod to the possibility that God would be a naive cop. Jesus told his father God, "Forgive them father, for they know not what they do" If god is the forgiving figure that is generally believed in by Christians, he'd forgive any transgression, and only see the good in people.
You think that Blue Zebra claimed cop? That's awesome. So, you are completely skimming and misunderstood what JDodge attacked him for, right? Thinking we have two cops is even more ridiculous than a doc and a sort of doc. I also find it interesting that you have "zero problem" believing he is naive. It's something to consider, but you should have a little bit of a problem with it.
6.) Because I'm not scum. I know, classic scum tell, but it's the truth. I doubt you'd be happy with the results.
That is not compelling. See, if I were asked the same question, I would say because I am trying very hard to help the town win. I might be off (like it appears I was with JDodge and WhoMe), but I am putting a lot of effort into it. Can you say the same? And if not, why shouldn't we lynch you? If you are town, don't you want to win?
Keep asking questions please, I really enjoy the process of answering them
I will try to ask as many as I can think of. Feel free to respond to anything without being asked, though.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by Spambot »

xyzzy wrote:Many roles have good reason to mostly lurk; power roles need to avoid being the targets of lynches.

Oh, and I'm not the one who roleclaimed God. :P
No, power roles should try to find scum. The doc and the cop are very helpful to getting a win for the town, but they aren't completely necessary.

It is much, much better to be actively trying to find scum at all times. Anything else is lazy or incompetent.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:19 pm

Post by Spambot »

xyzzy wrote:Why are you ignoring my question? I was completely serious; you're hinting at something, which could do a lot of harm.
Why are you trying so hard to out a potential power role? Holy crap, somebody please finish him off.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by Spambot »

Qman wrote:
You are right, I didn't, I don't see the point in picking on of a rigged system.
If I say:

Townie = Pointless, because both a power role and a scum would say they were just a townie.

Really it's a no win situation. I choose not to respond to it with a hollow reply.
It's called a false dilemna, and it's a logic trap where there is no good answer. The fact that he is harping on it like it means you are scum (but not even worth a worthless FOS) is nuts.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by Qman »

Spambot wrote: His investigations? It would be helpful if you figured out who you wanted lynched, as we will LOSE the game if people act like this.
Fair Enough. I'll start putting more time into my thoughts on this as of... Now!

You think that Blue Zebra claimed cop? That's awesome. So, you are completely skimming and misunderstood what JDodge attacked him for, right? Thinking we have two cops is even more ridiculous than a doc and a sort of doc. I also find it interesting that you have "zero problem" believing he is naive. It's something to consider, but you should have a little bit of a problem with it.
Yup. I was being a moron. I posted a follow up already after i recognized my stupid moment. I very well could be misunderstanding things, and I will reread in order to make sure what I'm thinking is based on facts, not my dyslexic self making me show my ass.
That is not compelling. See, if I were asked the same question, I would say because I am trying very hard to help the town win. I might be off (like it appears I was with JDodge and WhoMe), but I am putting a lot of effort into it. Can you say the same? And if not, why shouldn't we lynch you? If you are town, don't you want to win?
Oh I want the town to win, but my personal viewpoint is I'd rather not point fingers until I have a solid feel for the situation, as I came into the game late, I don't. I *never* feel as comfortable having to catch up versus playing start to finish. I takes the real time aspect of watching the arguments flow away, instead i get to read it in one large sum, and absorbing subtle details is a lot harder as a sub.

In all honestly, I'm not putting as much effort into it as I have/am some other games. Mea culpa. I'm still trying to settle in, as i catch myself misremembering things in the thread that I'd never forget in a game i start-finished. As for your last question...

Thats just a silly question. As town of course I want to win (and i am town). If I was scum, I'd still want to win. Isn't that what we all want? Since when does anyone play no matter the role to lose?

Unless of course thats the idea of the role. Interesting concept to play with one day.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Spambot wrote:
Qman wrote:
If I say:

It's called a false dilemna, and it's a logic trap where there is no good answer. The fact that he is harping on it like it means you are scum (but not even worth a worthless FOS) is nuts.
I'm trying to see how he'll answer it.

It's just my playstyle; I look for the slightest inconsistency, and push that one until I'm satisfied that they're telling the truth.

But Qman was totally unwilling to say anything; perhaps he's caught on to how my method works and now he's carefully making my questioning look like scum trying to get a townie lynched.

I'm still relatively neutral on Qman; it's possible he's totally unaware of how I play and thinks I'm just an idiot.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:49 pm

Post by Qman »

xyzzy wrote:
Spambot wrote:
Qman wrote:
If I say:

I'm trying to see how he'll answer it.

It's just my playstyle; I look for the slightest inconsistency, and push that one until I'm satisfied that they're telling the truth.

But Qman was totally unwilling to say anything; perhaps he's caught on to how my method works and now he's carefully making my questioning look like scum trying to get a townie lynched.
I'm still relatively neutral on Qman; it's possible he's totally unaware of how I play and thinks I'm just an idiot.[/quote]

I'm answering
your
question by not answering it, as I recognized the trap in about half a second, it's a trap I like tpo use myself. If you want an answer, be more direct. Or read my last post in which I willingly answered the same question without the trap.
I'm still relatively neutral on Qman; it's possible he's totally unaware of how I play and thinks I'm just an idiot.
Hey now, stay out of my idiot room, it's mine.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:49 pm

Post by Qman »

Damn broken quote
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:01 pm

Post by now a ranger »

Alright, sorry I've been gone the last couple of days. I didn't have internet access, and as posted in V/LA and in my signature, I'm on vacation until June 19.

vote: xyzzy
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:12 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

i make that a lynch.
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:38 am

Post by JDodge »

Way to speedlynch twice in 3 days, NAR!
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:06 am

Post by WhoMe? »

i just hope today's turns out as good as day 1's
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:13 am

Post by now a ranger »

I just felt like doing it because I personally thought it was right. It is controversial, I know, but yeah.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:15 am

Post by JDodge »

now a ranger wrote:I just felt like doing it because I personally thought it was right. It is controversial, I know, but yeah.
No, no, I think you're right. I just think that, like last time, it was a bad idea.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote Count

Xyzzy 5 (Whome, Blue Zebra, Spambot, Remus, NaR)
Blue Zebra 1 (Jdodge)

Not Voting: Xyzzy, QMan

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The days discussion saw several people claiming, including Xyzzy. The townies laughed at the possibility of a Reverse-Doc featuring in a game like this. The town was right to do so.

Xyzzy- Judas (Mafia Member) has been killed

It is now Night 3. Id like all choices in ASAP. The deadline is 48 hours, however i will start the day sooner if all choices are in.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:13 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

It was the 3rd night since the group had congregated in the town. Since their arrival, they had managed to oust the Devil and his minion, but there was 1 more foe yet to face. Unfortunately, this town was not completely detached from the real world. The residents still had to do their everyday tasks. For one, this was to be their downfall.

Blue Zebra was out last night. No, he wasnt out to murder people. he was trying to do the exact opposite. He was working the Night shift at the hospital, when he was attacked and killed by a foul beast.

Blue Zebra - Jesus (Doctor) has been killed

Now, with the saviour gone, was there any chance of salvation for the remaining innocents?
Only one way to find out methinks! :D

It is now Day 4. With 6 of you alive, 4 votes are required to lynch.

Good luck once again.
BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:14 am

Post by JDodge »

Vote: Qman
Blue Zebra
Blue Zebra
Goon
Blue Zebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:39 am

Post by Blue Zebra »

Bah, go town!
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:06 am

Post by remussaidow »

right out of the gates jdodge?

on what charge?
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:08 am

Post by JDodge »

Qman wrote:In all honestly, I'm not putting as much effort into it as I have/am some other games. Mea culpa. I'm still trying to settle in, as i catch myself misremembering things in the thread that I'd never forget in a game i start-finished. As for your last question...
Mostly.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:29 am

Post by Spambot »

We should probably wait until WhoMe? shows up.

Really though, it's pretty simple. We lynch either Remus or Qman.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Qman »

Alive list:

Now A Ranger
Jdodge
Remussaidow
Qman
Spambot
Whome?

Clear list:
WhoMe?
Spambot
Jdodge

Possible scum:
Now A Ranger
Remussaidow
Qman

I'm claiming as a townie, by the name of Doubting Thomas.

That leaves Remuss and NAR.

Spambot: Why wasn't NAR in your "possible lynch list"?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:21 am

Post by JDodge »

Qman: why the claim?

WhoMe?, claim results please.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:27 am

Post by Spambot »

Qman wrote:Alive list:

Now A Ranger
Jdodge
Remussaidow
Qman
Spambot
Whome?

Clear list:
WhoMe?
Spambot
Jdodge

Possible scum:
Now A Ranger
Remussaidow
Qman

I'm claiming as a townie, by the name of Doubting Thomas.

That leaves Remuss and NAR.

Spambot: Why wasn't NAR in your "possible lynch list"?
Doubting Thomas? What kind of a messed up role name is that? Paraphrase some of the flavor you got or something, because that name is trippy.

NAR has hammered two scum and his play (plus Higsby) has been fairly town to me. I'd much sooner lynch one of you than him.

It's cool though, because we are probably lynching you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”