Micro 382 - CREDIMVS PAVONI DEORVM (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I'd like to apologize in advance for the length of this post. There's an awful lot of people I haven't played with before. I think that only one I'm familiar with, barring alts, is Josh_B. I've got a few observations and ideas I'd like to bring to the table. I'm going to break this post up into sections. Please bear with me.

BlueBloodedToffee

As with Scripten, BBT is rather talkative. I wonder if BBT has any suspicions of Vettrock.

Well, crud. I was thinking about how Scripten made a case against Josh, and then turned around and killed Wolfy. I also considered how he talked so much. I noticed how BBT was chatty as well, and as I scrolled down his ISO I wondered if he'd jump on Wolfy. And sure enough he did.

It's looking like Wolfy was a policy lynch, so hopefully Day 2 won't be too easy for Scum to achieve a mislynch. Unlike with Vettrock I'm having difficulty reading you and Scripten, so I'd like to talk with each of you a bit more in order to get a better read. I think it's the feeling of information-overload, in that you two are posting so much that it's a bit too much to digest.

I'd like to see your current Scumreads, please. Out of curiosity, did you primarily lynch Wolfy for being anti-Town, or for being Scummy?

:
You're really pushing this issue. You have to be scum.
When you make posts like this, it feels not only forced, but also fake. It's that subtle twinge of fakeness that gives me doubts. I'd like answers from you on why you imply he's Scum, but then take your detour and go for Wolfy. Was it worth it? I think when you use strong language, going so far as to declare someone's Scum, your actions should follow suit with your words. Otherwise it makes you disingenuous, and no amount of posts will change that, in my opinion.

What adds even more weight to my inquiry is your , in which you declare to all exactly why you think Scripten is Scum. Why the change? If you would, please walk me through on this. I daresay your earlier certainty betrays your innocence, because you've gone from declaring Scripten Scum to "
Funny how you think I am still scum-reading Scripten.
" Wolfy had flaws, to be sure, but he did flip Town, and you did flip-flop. If it's not too much trouble, I want answers, or I'm afraid I will begin to zero-in on your posts until my curiosity is satisfied.

AsherKendrell

I don't think we've played before, either. He's only posted once. Nothing of gameplay value was provided. However, his two posts voted Wolfy and shifted suspicion towards him. I feel that's a bit scummy, because it's like he's not playing, and when he has, it ended with a dead Townie on the rope. If you would, please get more active, Asher. I want to better understand why exactly you voted for Wolfy, why you cast doubt on him, and why you have barely been playing. You've been given the same time as everyone else, and I really feel you can step it up and play a bit better. Some have posted quite a bit, so I think you can pull your fair share of the load, too. Until you give me something I can work with, I'm going to
Finger of Suspicion: AsherKendrell
. Sorry.

As for my analysis of your gameplay in order to discern your alignment, you've not given me much information to come to a better decision. With what little information I do have at my fingertips, I do know it's probable you're an alternate account (this one), and that you played as a Mafia Cowardly Jack-of-all-trades in Bins' (Modified Greatest Idea Mafia) game. From what little there is, it can be discerned that as Scum you post rather short posts; it should be noted you were playing in a Marathon game, which makes those short posts more reasonable. It's not much, but those 11 posts are a glimpse of what we might expect from Scum-Asher. In those eleven posts you didn't place any suspicion on anyone; just naked votes. In this game you did shift suspicion on someone. Does it mean anything? I do not know.

I will say you're slightly leaning Scum. If you're Town, and you don't want us to lose, please start contributing more to change my thoughts on you.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:36 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Josh_B

I've not been following the drama between Josh and Scripten. His content and engagement with the game makes me think Town, initially. The wordiness makes my eyes bleed. I'll very tentatively put him in my Townlist. So now I'd like to know what his reads are; especially his reads on Vettrock.
Do you aim to go after Scripten today, Josh?

Mr. Ree

I noticed he RVS'd Tiershift, then serious-voted him, then two posts later he's not liking his vote. Whatever happened to 'caught Scum is caught'? It just seems so fake, like it was simply for show. You hammered Wolfy why? Because he flamed out? Is that indicative of alignment? You voted him out instead of 'caught Scum is Scum.'

Not sure what he is yet. He's posted some posts, and I did like how he questioned Wolfy for putting himself at null, butn it doesn't feel like enough. So for now I have Mr. Ree at null until he posts more. I do want answers for the way he's voted, and why he aided in taking out Wolfy.

Scripten

An awful lot of posts to sort through. As with Josh I tentatively have him as a Townread that needs to be sorted. He talks a lot, and jumped on the Wolfy wagon. Scripten, what do you think of Mr. Ree hammering Wolfy? Does that change your reads at all? Another thing I noticed is that you made this big case against Josh_B, yet you then go for Wolfy, who flips Town. I'd like to better understand your shift, and whether or not your initial push for Josh was just for show. What's your read on Vettrock, et al?

TierShift

Not much to work with, because many of the posts are so short. What do you think of Josh_B, Vettrock, or an Asher wagon today, TS? If you read my bit on Vettrock down below, do you think it feels like he's playing safe and guardedly? Why did you change from Josh to Wolfy? I'm having difficulty reading TS, because he hasn't done much to make me believe or distrust him. I do want to know if he follows my train of thought on Vettrock.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Wake1 »

vettrock

Vettrock's another player I haven't had the pleasure of playing with before. In light of Wolfy being innocent, it doesn't look like you ever placed suspicion on him. I did notice your exchange with Scripten, in which in he asks you who you'd NK as Scum if there were no lynch. You respond in by saying you wouldn't know, and that you'd need more information, and that you'd pick a random target. This bit leaves me wondering, because if you were Scum, and seeing how this isn't multiball, you'd already know who is Scum and who is Town. From your hypothetical standpoint there would be no "believing who is most likely to be Town." You say you'd be left with two options:

1)
A nightkill should be the person most believed to be town.
Now, I could be misunderstanding you here. Do you mean the person most believed to be Town... in the eyes of the players? If that is what you meant to say, then that changes things and I would agree with it.

2)
A nightkill should be a person that is particularly threatening to you.
This would make the most sense to me, so long as you make sure it doesn't come back to bite you. We likely have differences of opinion in how to play the game. If you know someone is Town, and a particularly strong Town voice at that, you'd want to kill that person earlier rather than later. There is merit to randomly killing a Townie, too, in that there's less likelihood of the death being tied back to you. It's also situational, as you mentioned in the last sentence of that post.

If you would, please shed some light on this. Typing this up, I'm better understanding the reason behind your posts, but would still like to hear your clarification on this, please. Also, do you think you'd allow a No-Lynch to go through on any of the Days if you were Scum? If so, and you're Town, then I think you would fight to ensure that doesn't happen, since we have an odd-numbered playerbase.
Vettrock, how are you feeling about TierShift's alignment?

Also, would you elaborate on what exactly you meant by Scripten "seeming to be bending stuff a lot more," please? I think when any person takes things out of context, or bends them out of context, that's inherently suspicious and shouldn't be done by members of Town. I think Scripten is capable of defending his position without bending things, if indeed that's what he is doing. Why did you vote for my slot, and leave it there? If Scripten was bending things out of context as you imply, or that calling for a hammer at that point was scummy in your book, why did you not put a vote towards either of those players? This includes your mention of you thinking BBT was scummy for saying he considered Wolfy "certain scum."

Additionally:

"Maybe I don't have the Uber skills of all of you, but knowing with "certainty" that someone will flip scum is something that only scum can say."
The first part of this sentence feels fake to me. A bit. As for the second part, you say it's something only Scum can say. So... why did you do nothing against that person? If that was something only Scum would say, where was your vote to put action behind your words? If you think something done can only be done by Scum, you cast a vote against the person doing that Scummy action. Instead you did not, which troubles me, because it doesn't make your words ring true, because if you believed what you said your actions would follow suit.

"While I'm not for dragging things out unnecessarily, lynching at this point is anti-town."
At what point would you be for lynching? A ballpark estimate would be helpful here.

That last post was on August 29th, at 8:03am. Mr. Ree hammered at 2:55pm that same day. You've not posted since. You had around seven hours to post. It's understandable if you were busy with real-life. If you weren't, and since you viewed Wolfy's wagon as incredibly anti-Town, maybe you could have, if Town, found time to post one or two more posts voicing your disapproval of that wagon?

I don't mean to annoy you with questions. I would just appreciate some answers, please.

As it is right now, I have a tentative Townread on you. Your posts ring with reason, but questions abound, and I'd like them to be answered in full, if it's not too much trouble. It would certainly help me feel you're a member of Town.

I do know you were Town in JasonT1981's Marvel Avenger's game (game). Do you feel like you've played differently in this game than that one? I cannot with certainty you are playing more safely and guardedly in this one. Do you feel that way, Vet? Help me out here, please. You were Town in
Micro 360: Gerrymander
, too (game). A Weak Town Doctor in
Micro 356: The Murder of DoctorPepper
. A Town Tracker in
Newbie 1513: Lingo Linguistics
, and Town in
Newbie 1502: Thought Blockage
. Hm. You were a Mafia Roleblocker in
Newbie 1503
(game). I will note, in Newbie 1503, you do feel, to me, rather guarded in posts 586 and 596 in that game, which were the only posts you made before the mod confirmed that your hammer ended the game. So we do have a glimpse of you as Scum, and you did feel a bit safe and guarded in those two posts as well.
What do you think of that, Vettrock?
I am a bit curious.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 253, Asher Kendrell wrote:
In post 250, Wake1 wrote:

AsherKendrell

If you would, please get more active, Asher. I want to better understand why exactly you voted for Wolfy, why you cast doubt on him, and why you have barely been playing. You've been given the same time as everyone else, and I really feel you can step it up and play a bit better. Some have posted quite a bit, so I think you can pull your fair share of the load, too. Until you give me something I can work with, I'm going to
Finger of Suspicion: AsherKendrell
. Sorry.

Hi Wake88. I don't think we've played together before.

Why I voted for Wolfy:

In post 161, Wolfy wrote:
Answer the question.
Question dodging = scum

and

In post 180, Wolfy wrote:
And he's still not answering my question = scum

So Wolfy felt that avoiding questions was a scummy move, quick to call others out on it, yet refused to answer and provide a reads list when asked and then only ended up basically repeating his list from 141. He refused to help the town by providing an up-to-date reads list and dodged bbt's and scripten's constant requests for hours. He said that not answering questions is scummy, yet did so himself. By his own accounts, he was scum or just a hostile townie.

In post 168, Wolfy wrote:

So if I change and vote for someone else will I become town too?
hyperbole.
crap.

Crap, yet he had made 5 separate votes. Either he knows it looks scummy, or he's trying to look town without saying it.

In any case, he wasn't beneficial for the town and made himself a liability.

Why I've barely been playing:

This one is unconnected to the game; I had a job for the summer that ended on Friday, so I'll be much more available now. Although I actually haven't had as much time as everybody else, because I subbed in for Clusk92 around post 140, and have only been playing since then.

I'll strive to not make this game a terrible experience for you. Please don't take offense if I ask you questions civilly.

If you're an alt account, would you feel comfortable sharing that? The reason I ask is to then draw parallels on your meta based on your other account(s). If not I understand, and will respect that.

I will agree with Wolfy that question-dodging is... suspicious. I intensely dislike it when people do this, and will basically follow them to the ends of the Earth to extract that vital information. Does it mean the play is Scum? No. I've had the misfortune of dealing with Town players who not only refused to answer simple questions, but have a terrible attitude about it, too. If I lynch a Townie because of scummy bad behavior, I'll still sleep well at night. Him not providing a Reads List, and refusing to... that too is scummy. If you are Town you should at least make an effort to contribute and engage in the conversation. I can certainly understand players being busy, too. Hostility is anti-Town, and Scum will jump on that for sure. I have no doubt there's at least one member of Scum on Wolfy's wagon.

He should have gone about his business differently. He still has time to grow and mature. As for being busy, real-life comes first. If you're bogged down please don't be shy about using the V/LA convenience.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:27 pm

Post by Wake1 »

At this moment, based on Wolfy's anti-Town behavior, I suspect moreso than not that both Scum were on his wagon. His bad behavior would make it 1) easier and 2) more reasonable and 3) more innocuous for Scum to lynch him. Then again, this is not a certainty.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Asher, please share your thoughts on Vettrock.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 258, Asher Kendrell wrote:
In post 257, Wake1 wrote:Asher, please share your thoughts on Vettrock.

Vettrock is kind of a mystery to me. He hasn't done anything outwardly scummy, but not a lot of pro-town moves either. He seems to be mostly sitting on the fence to me.

In post 116, vettrock wrote:
In post 68, Scripten wrote:
At least we've had a few more players posting now. So, let's try this again.

Vettrock:
If you were scum, who would you target for a night kill assuming the day ended right now with a no lynch?

If the Day ended right now and I was scum it is hard to say who I would nightkill. I think we need a bit more information, as at this point I'd just have to pick a random person. A nightkill should be the person most believed to be town, or a person that is particularly threatening to you. The problem with the second option, is it points the finger at you unless they also fall under the first catagory. As there isn't anyone who is generally accepted as town at this point, I'd have to go random.

Vettrock doesn't really give an answer, only that his hypothetical night kill would have to be random or the most believed to be town. On the one hand, vettrock's the only player who hasn't been voted against yet, and his only vote was on shaded, who posted basically nothing before being replaced by you. He seemed pretty convinced that wolfy wasn't scum, and that lynching him was anti-town. To me it seems like vettrock has been skirting on the edge rather than taking a stance. His opinions on wolfy didn't really matter because his vote wasn't needed to lynch.

I'm not feeling comfortable with vettrock. If he was convinced about wolfy's innocence, he could have fought harder. If he thought he was scummy, he could have stated his intent to hammer as well. It seems convenient that he could slip past day 1 with no suspicion and avoided the wagon.

You do not feel he has done anything outwardly scummy? Assuming you are Town, I would be pleased if you provided feedback on my earlier post regarding Vettrock. How do you weigh my thoughts on him?

Do you feel he has been playing safe and guarded this game? The only other game he was Scum in he played that way, too. I would like to have your exacting thoughts on this. To be frank, I do not want to feel as if you are apprehensive. I don't mean for you to potentially feel that way, but if you do, I will pick up on that. Please walk through my post on Vettrock, Asher.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:24 am

Post by Wake1 »

Points & Analysis

I feel such questions need not be answered.
-
TierShift
()

If you would, which questions, TierShift, and why? This bit to me looks like you don't want questions being answered, when from what's been shouted to me over and over... it's not good to deny Town information, or to stymie questions. So in analyzing this, I feel it's scummy of you, because I believe only Scum would have a reason to not want such questions to be answered. If you would specify exactly which questions you feel shouldn't be answered, and precisely why, I think that would be a very pro-Town thing to do.

It means that, for some nebulous reason, both you and Tiershift agree that dodging questions is appropriate, pro-town behavior.
-
Scripten
()

Upon inspecting this, I'm unsure how much your position has evolved, and where you stand at the moment. What you've posted in this instance is that BBT and TS, for some nebulous reason, both agree that dodging questions is alright, pro-Town behavior. Since you's said this, do you still feel that way? If yes or no, why? I think if they are doing exactly as you say they are, then that issue should be pursued. Evading questions is anti-Town at best, scummy at worst. I'm not sure where deciding not to pursue that evasion stands in the spectrum. I don't think I can praise you or blame you, but you have pointed this out, yet shifted to Wolfy's demise (of which I'd like to understand your shift from Josh_B). In analyzing this bit, I find it pro-Town to point out the dodging of questions, and ever-so-slightly scummy/nullish for not chasing that issue to its natural conclusion.

You're really pushing this issue.
You have to be scum.
Your questions were bad.
How are they supposed to help you work out somebody's alignment?
They were awful questions designed to look like you were prompting discussion and scum-hunting.
I'm so sure you're gonna flip scum.
-
BlueBloodedToffee
()

...is he? I would rather a player push an issue, rather than lurk, evade, or deflect. If he has to be Scum, please, how and why? You say his questions are bad, but I find practically all in-game questions to be a good thing, because they do generate discussion and, therefore, content. That is what is typically used towards discerning one's alignment. I don't think the questions were awful, and even if you find them off-putting, I would like to see you answer them as best you can. In analyzing this bit of yours, I find it scummy to respond by saying he's really pushing the issue, as if that's a bad thing. Whether it's anti-Town or scummy to say his questions are bad I'm not sure, but it is one or the other, because questions are not bad since in general they generate discussion, and content to be later used. I think your post is scummy for bristling against questions and responding with allegations that he's so Scum. To me that feels along the lines of OMGUS, in which you accuse him of being Scum because you don't like his questions, or him pushing the issues. Townies have nothing to hide. Nothing to evade. Nothing to deflect. If you are Town I would suggest you endeavor to answer all questions to the best of your ability if your goal in these games is for Town to win.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Good evening TierShift.

I'd like to talk with you, please. I need to get a better footing on your alignment this game. Your cooperation would be valued.

Please note this, everyone.

Your vote on Mr. Ree in () makes me wonder why it was cast. It looks like an OMGUS, which is inherently anti-Town, or so the majority says. It didn't escape me how you voted for Ree in (), and then asked BBT in () if he thought Ree's vote was random. If you don't think Ree's vote was random, then you should be able to explain why you thought otherwise. Though your questions in () pangs of Townish curiosity, your () leaves me without complete understanding.

() is difficult to weigh. Questions are good for illumination and discussion. You may not feel his questions needed to be answered, but the content derived from the discussion revolving said questions can prove fruitful. In fact part of our discussion involves them even now.

() and () leave me wondering why you made them. There should have been a reason, yet I'm not seeing it. Your explanation would be appreciated. Your () rings Townish, yet it's generic and safe, in my humble opinion. It does not look like Ree was the best wagon, per your (). I would like some answers from you on this. The grammatical errors in () probably mean nothing. It also doesn't seem you are using the function which stops and allows you to preview/edit your post when someone's posted before you've finished typing. That, too, likely means nothing, although knowing these subtleties isn't inherently detrimental. Scum doesn't have Daystart, so in () it can't be said that you and BBT were Scum partners who spoke privately before the Day started, which could have explained you two thinking the same thing around the same time. I'm not certain what to think of (). Same with ().

Content is and continues to be generated because those questions were put forth and discussed (). Again it pangs Townish when you ask BBT for the scum motivation in pushing that issue. You can never tell, apropos (). He could be an alt. () and () begets indifference. For the third time, TierShift says something that reads Townish in (). At this point I am Townreading him a little.

TierShift, maybe you should not have acted so hastily when you cast your vote for Vettrock in () for, as you call it, unnecessary prolongation of RVS. Him posting a supposedly RVS vote in () isn't grounds for a serious vote, especially when I've played in games when the person's first post, a random vote, was after the #100 mark. Let's discuss this further, because this latest action is stirring up doubt in your alignment.

Please share what () is regarding. An elaboration on () would help, because it can be difficult understanding what you're meaning at times. I mean no disrespect by that. I notice in () that you didn't vote Josh_B near the timeframe when he voted for Vettrock and then for Scripten. Josh's () was obviously a random vote, yet your accusation of him prolonging RVS unnecessarily doesn't materialize. At that point your vote is still on Vettrock, and you do indeed have time to change it from him to Josh, since by your logic when it comes to the unnecessary prolongation of RVS, #61 must be a worse offense than #38.

If you would, I'd like to know what your view is on Scumtells, per your (). In your words overreaction and counterpushing aren't Scumtells. I wonder if you think hypocrisy is.

I need to rest. Will be back tomorrow to rejoin you on this. Goodnight everyone.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Scripten, Josh, BBT, Asher, Vettrock.
I understand the post is long, but I would really appreciate your feedback on it. I'm trying to feel out who I can trust more than others in this game, and am needing your help in this.

Spoiler:
In post 278, Wake1 wrote:
Your vote on Mr. Ree in () makes me wonder why it was cast. It looks like an OMGUS, which is inherently anti-Town, or so the majority says. It didn't escape me how you voted for Ree in (), and then asked BBT in () if he thought Ree's vote was random. If you don't think Ree's vote was random, then you should be able to explain why you thought otherwise. Though your questions in () pangs of Townish curiosity, your () leaves me without complete understanding.

() is difficult to weigh. Questions are good for illumination and discussion. You may not feel his questions needed to be answered, but the content derived from the discussion revolving said questions can prove fruitful. In fact part of our discussion involves them even now.

() and () leave me wondering why you made them. There should have been a reason, yet I'm not seeing it. Your explanation would be appreciated. Your () rings Townish, yet it's generic and safe, in my humble opinion. It does not look like Ree was the best wagon, per your (). I would like some answers from you on this. The grammatical errors in () probably mean nothing. It also doesn't seem you are using the function which stops and allows you to preview/edit your post when someone's posted before you've finished typing. That, too, likely means nothing, although knowing these subtleties isn't inherently detrimental. Scum doesn't have Daystart, so in () it can't be said that you and BBT were Scum partners who spoke privately before the Day started, which could have explained you two thinking the same thing around the same time. I'm not certain what to think of (). Same with ().

Content is and continues to be generated because those questions were put forth and discussed (). Again it pangs Townish when you ask BBT for the scum motivation in pushing that issue. You can never tell, apropos (). He could be an alt. () and () begets indifference. For the third time, TierShift says something that reads Townish in (). At this point I am Townreading him a little.

TierShift, maybe you should not have acted so hastily when you cast your vote for Vettrock in () for, as you call it, unnecessary prolongation of RVS. Him posting a supposedly RVS vote in () isn't grounds for a serious vote, especially when I've played in games when the person's first post, a random vote, was after the #100 mark. Let's discuss this further, because this latest action is stirring up doubt in your alignment.

Please share what () is regarding. An elaboration on () would help, because it can be difficult understanding what you're meaning at times. I mean no disrespect by that. I notice in () that you didn't vote Josh_B near the timeframe when he voted for Vettrock and then for Scripten. Josh's () was obviously a random vote, yet your accusation of him prolonging RVS unnecessarily doesn't materialize. At that point your vote is still on Vettrock, and you do indeed have time to change it from him to Josh, since by your logic when it comes to the unnecessary prolongation of RVS, #61 must be a worse offense than #38.

If you would, I'd like to know what your view is on Scumtells, per your (). In your words overreaction and counterpushing aren't Scumtells. I wonder if you think hypocrisy is.

I need to rest. Will be back tomorrow to rejoin you on this. Goodnight everyone.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I'm meaning each observation noted within that post. The goal is to get feedback (which is usually valuable) to see if my current views are accurate or not. Do you think, if it became a list using bullet points, it would be easier to digest?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 304, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Wake
: Tier is probably town. You should put more effort/energy elsewhere.

With respect to you and your views, I'm not so sure about that. There are some things from him I'd like answers on. If you feel he is Town, and that I should actually put effort and energy elsewhere, I think the best path towards that would be to peruse the post I made regarding him, and point out exactly why my observations are flawed and/or unhelpful. I'm not sure what to think of you implying I should look elsewhere (if that is not true, please correct me).
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:13 am

Post by Wake1 »

I'm thinking Scripten and BBT/Tiershift if Josh flips Town.

May we please have a Vote Count?

I'll be online later to go through this thread.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Josh, please claim since you're at L-1.

I don't plan on voting for a good while.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I must apologize for not contributing much since. I aim to come back with my "blazing guns" tomorrow. Please wait with lynching anyone for a while.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:38 pm

Post by Wake1 »

The wagon materialized a bit too quickly to seem natural... or genuine.

I'll be working from 7am to 3 pm today, and may be able to play within the period, and certainly afterwards. Today has got me restricted, unfortunately.

We have two Scum and it only requires 4 to lynch. It would be in each Townies' best interest to be very, very careful with placing votes. Iwould not surprise me in the slightest if both Scum were on the current wagon. Please be wary.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:55 am

Post by Wake1 »

Online now. Will be reviewing thread soon.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Post by Wake1 »

OK guys, I just got off work. Please give me a bit of time to right stuff up. :)
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Did I really just do that now?

"Write." Not "right."
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Well, I'm posting a few days later than I wanted to. Work slammed me really hard. Like, multiple 10-hour shifts, unexpectedly. The only reason I'm posting right now @10pm central today is because my 18-hour shift starting @6am tomorrow was cancelled. So now I'm completely off on Saturday, and it's driving me bonkers just thinking of not having any work to do. So, I've got some time to post here now. :mrgreen: Gonna try something a bit different so I can keep my big posts, but make it easier for everyone to read (number them bullet-point style, and break 'em up a bit into smaller posts).

For now, in case any emergency work calls nab me at this critical juncture, I'm going to very tentatively
VOTE: BlueBloodedToffee.
Please keep votes at the beginning of a new line. Fixed for you. -Mod

Going through it now.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:54 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow morning. Got a draft readied, but am falling asleep! It's 11PM here and I've been up since 5AM. I'll be here tomorrow when I'm rested up. Thanks for your patience everyone.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (isolation #21) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Scripten, if you hammer Josh and he flips Town, it won't look good for you. *Fair warning.

*Swamped with work, and client just died, so off work tomorrow. Life's been crazy.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (isolation #22) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Wake1 »

I really can't tell who's Scum. It'd help if some of you Towned it up a bit. Maybe I just don't know your Town-metas too well.

I keep getting slammed. Going to try and do some posting today, if it means I can't make large and thorough posts (my preference).
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (isolation #23) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:21 am

Post by Wake1 »

Josh, your current Scumreads please?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (isolation #24) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:21 am

Post by Wake1 »

If you were Scum, what would you be doing?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (isolation #25) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Wake1 »

Josh should claim if he's at L-1. Does that sound reasonable? Same with BBT (assuming he's at L-1, too).
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (isolation #26) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:34 am

Post by Wake1 »

So Josh already claimed VT.

That means it's either him or BBT, and BBT hasn't claimed.

If BBT flips Scum Tiershift gets hyper-lynched. If Josh flips Scum then I don't know.

Scripten, whenever someone is at L-1 and they're at risk for being lynched, they should claim in order to avoid getting lynched. Refusal results in getting lynched. This is basic for Mafia. Josh claimed VT. Sans a current VC, I'm assuming BBT and Josh are both at L-1. BBT is at risk for getting lynched as well, and he should claim, too. If you don't lynch BBT and he flips Scum later on, I'll be thinking you're his partner. I'm under the impression they're both at L-1. I've been extremely busy and haven't been able to read much on what's going on. An updated VC would be awesome.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (isolation #27) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:45 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 515, TierShift wrote:Wake, how does BBT claiming aid us?

When doesn't claiming at L-1 aid the Town?

Assuming BBT is also at L-1, and assuming you know that's true, then it's possible someone else could vote to hammer BBT. I don't know, but it's possible, assuming we have to wagons at L-1. If BBT isn't at L-1, and you know this, yet you question anyways in spite of that knowledge, then I would wonder why you haven't corrected me yet for not knowing where the current votes stand.

I find it odd how BBT asserts he's under no risk of being lynched in spite of being at L-1. It sounds presumptuous, considering we don't know for sure what everyone is thinking. And your last question, trying to make it seem as if I'm fishing for PRs when I'm not, is not helping me think you're Town. My vote's staying where it is for now.

More to come in a little bit.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (isolation #28) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:51 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 516, Scripten wrote:Wake88, I don't think you're quite following the situation.

When I voted BBT before, it was to gain more of an understanding of several players' alignments. Regardless of whether Josh_B flips scum or not, it can be used later on in the game. It does not mean, however, that I intended to hammer BBT at any point during Day 2. Do you understand a little better now?

I understand a little better what you're saying. Please withhold your vote. I was under the impression that both were at L-1 with foure votes, and that at least three people hadn't voted. That was incorrect, and shows that I'm really behind thanks to getting repeatedly slammed with work.

Personally, I don't know which of the two are Scum, or even if they're both Scum. BBT seems presumptuous and overconfident, but that's not necessarily Scum unless one gives credence to meta. As for Josh, he doesn't seem to be emotional or anything about being at L-1. Or BBT. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what would you say is the proper reaction from a Townie when he or she is at L-1?

I need to question both of them further.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (isolation #29) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 520, TierShift wrote:Okay wake, let's try it like this:
If bbt claims VT, how is this day going to end?
If he claims earl, same question.
If he claims cop/doc, same question.

I figure IF BBT is Scum and claims Earl, and we don't lynch him and later on the flips reveal he's lying, he's toast.

However... Scum can simply claim VT.

OK, I stand corrected.

I really, really need to read up on this thread. Had a strong start, and then life got in the way majorly.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (isolation #30) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:53 am

Post by Wake1 »

I need time to read and think.

UNVOTE: BBT
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (isolation #31) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:57 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 502, Josh_B wrote:Alright scripten, Talk to us about how you feel right now. I'm sure that you are under a lot of pressure. There are two people who are at L-1 and all the votes are out. This game isn't exactly the world series. But if it were baseball, It would be the bottom of the ninth, down by 4 and three players on the bases, with you up to bat.

You're going to be the deciding vote on who gets lynched today. Tell us what you are thinking.

This does feel a bit fake, like you're struggling to remain calm.

Felt the same vibe from AdrienC in Sycamore Shuffle before I nailed him as Scum.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (isolation #32) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:01 am

Post by Wake1 »

BBT and Josh are at L-1.

BBT says he's at no risk for being lynched.

Scripten held the hammer.

If my vote were still on him, I'm thinking he'd vote Josh. If Josh flipped Town, I'd be thinking Scripten and BBT were partners because why else would he be so confident that he's not going to get lynched? Before I removed my vote did Scripten make it seem that his mind was already set on hammering Josh?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (isolation #33) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:02 am

Post by Wake1 »

*Were at L-1.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (isolation #34) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:38 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 528, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
You need to catch up so you don't continue posting useless content.

I seriously feel like you were role-fishing right there. Hmm.

And this feels pretty forced and fake, too.

I'll get to this game as I can.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (isolation #35) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Wake1 »

I think, if you are Town, you should wait and give me the time I need to give my extremely thorough reads.

By no means do you have to, but it just might be worth it.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (isolation #36) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:04 am

Post by Wake1 »

AsherKendrell, knowing you have only 16 posts, why are you done posting for now?

Scripten, to clarify, why exactly would you vote for Josh_B?

And if you would, please condense it to 2-4 sentences. That would be valuable.

Vettrock, my excuse for not posting is because I've been hit very hard with work. What is your reason for not posting?

I extend this question to Asher, too, especially since he's stated he's done posting.

Spoiler: Player List
AsherKendrell

BlueBloodedToffee

Josh_B

Scripten

Tierfshift

Vettrock
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (isolation #37) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:05 am

Post by Wake1 »

I'm feeling overwhelmed with all the posts to sort through.

That notwithstanding, please answers my questions if you mean to help the Town.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (isolation #38) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 534, TierShift wrote:
In post 533, Wake1 wrote:I'm feeling overwhelmed with all the posts to sort through.

You should make it a point to check in more often.

I feel your comment is at worst Scum-driven, and at best anti-Town, because it does nothing to help us find out who's Scum.

Do you have anything to share on the questions I directed towards those other players?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (isolation #39) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:43 am

Post by Wake1 »

Town has no reason to take things out of context, or use hyperbole. That's how I caught Aeronaut in Sycamore Shuffle. Lurking implies I have time to lurk. I simply don't have much if any time. That's not whining. That's fact.

VOTE: Tiershift

I'm not asking you to answer their questions. I'm asking for you to share your thoughts on those questions, weigh them as best you can, and otherwise not be silent about me asking them those questions. What do you think of them? Do you think those questions are valid? If not, why?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (isolation #40) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:41 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 538, Scripten wrote:
Wake88:
What is your vote on Tiershift for?

Also, are you aware of the forum's ISO feature? It lets you quickly read through all of a player's posts to find the information you need if it's already been posted. That's where you'll find my case on Josh_B.

Scripten, as noted in () he took my quote out of context, while using hyperbole. That's why I'm voting him, because Town has no good reason to try and take one's words out of context. Why are you asking this when the post was just recent, and obvious? It makes me wonder, considering the post was less than ten posts back. This gives me the idea that if TS flips Scum, that you're his partner, because you're asking me why I'd be voting your partner when it's fairly obvious it's because he shifted the context of my post.

That TS is a noncompliant player makes him Anti-Town, too. I'll have to re-read BBT and Josh to see if they took any of my posts out of context. The last two Scum I caught and crucified had taken my posts out of context. Proof from Sycamore Shuffle can be linked here, too, if you'd like. It rubs me the wrong way when a player knowingly twists my words out of context, because as a Townie you're supposed to be honest.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (isolation #41) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 541, TierShift wrote:Fucking read

If I were commenting on the questions I'd have done so

But why don't you when asked?

I don't think Scumhunting is a one-way street. You may ask questions, but you'll be asked questions, too.

What message do you think I'm going to infer when you fight and refuse to answer my questions? Do you have something to hide?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (isolation #42) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 538, Scripten wrote:
Also, are you aware of the forum's ISO feature? It lets you quickly read through all of a player's posts to find the information you need if it's already been posted. That's where you'll find my case on Josh_B.

With all due respect, I must say that is not good enough.

If I can summarize and clarify and repeat myself whenever asked questions, you can and must, too.

I don't believe you have the option of pointing at your ISO and otherwise remaining silent when I dig at you for answers.

No. We're playing Mafia, and if it pleases you I will have you engage me without trying to evade, distract, or shield yourself from me and my inquiring mind. I am well aware of your ISO. What I want, since presumably you're a Townie who can remember much of what you've said because you're honest, is for you to answer with clarity my questions. You have 81 posts. I don't think you're going to have me dig through them all when instead you can, quite simply, answer it in a few short sentences. Please don't evade me. It only stokes the flames of my curiosity and makes me more and more and more of a threat to Scum. That's what triggers my hyper-focus.

I am a Townie. Sacrificial in that as long as one Townie lives we all win. I don't know what would happen if I don't get my answers, but I do know, looking at the landscape, that I have absolutely nothing to hold me back. I don't think Scum could well afford that kind of intense, unbearable scrutiny.

Now, why are you inclined to vote for Josh?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (isolation #43) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Wake1 »

And Josh, while you're at it, I'll have you weigh in on this further, leaving no stone unturned.

I see you. You're online. You've posted elsewhere. You're online now.

Do not think that fact escapes me. I would hate to think you're Scum, hoping for me to distract players from your lynch. If I'm going to question people, which in turn may delay your lynch, I'll not have you remain silent through it all.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (isolation #44) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:58 am

Post by Wake1 »

...and he jumps offline immediately thereafter.

— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (isolation #45) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 525, Wake1 wrote:
In post 502, Josh_B wrote:Alright scripten, Talk to us about how you feel right now. I'm sure that you are under a lot of pressure. There are two people who are at L-1 and all the votes are out. This game isn't exactly the world series. But if it were baseball, It would be the bottom of the ninth, down by 4 and three players on the bases, with you up to bat.

You're going to be the deciding vote on who gets lynched today. Tell us what you are thinking.

This does feel a bit fake, like you're struggling to remain calm.

Felt the same vibe from AdrienC in Sycamore Shuffle before I nailed him as Scum.

You were online. You did not answer this. Now I wonder.

Josh, I think this post rings hollow. Fake. A veneer of calm to make your deceit. A few words too many.

I want you to give your reaction to me thinking your post is fake. I want to read you better, since I can't look at your face and discern whether your eyes are lying to me. I will wait for you to answer. You've got 24 hours.

In the meantime, I want answers from Asher and Vettrock. They too have unanswered questions from me.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (isolation #46) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Wake1 »

I've been ninja'd.

Standby.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (isolation #47) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:17 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 548, Josh_B wrote:

Phine post. Ninjad

1)
"Wake, when scripten drops the hammer, you are the most likely person to be NK'd."

One moment there. Two parts. First, don't speak of the future. We don't know for certain if Scripten is going to hammer you. Secondly, I don't see exactly why you think I am the most likely person to be NK'd. As everyone is well-aware by now, I have been extremely busy, and even now I am sacrificing time with my family in order to be here with you all. My time, frankly, is precious and scarce. Scum could bank on me struggling to find time to be here, and they would be right. Why exactly do you think I'm going to be the NK? Walk me through this. Scum likely have better targets to choose from. I certainly hope you aren't grooming me to be mislynched should you be lynched and flip Scum.

2)
"Before that happens can you tell us about your expeience as a mod in dealing with scum planning in their thread to push certain issues? "

Before
if
that happens, you mean. Let's be pointedly accurate here. I have experience hosting quite a few games. Not sure how exactly this will help. Do you mean Daytalk? Scum Daytalk? I don't think we have that here, although I may be terribly wrong. I have an ongoing game offsite utilizing that, but I cannot discuss it because there are more than 3 members on MS that play over there, in that very ongoing game. Why are you asking me this? If you would explain better what truths you are aiming for it would certainly help me to answer your questions. Take your time, and use as many words as you need if you feel it will help me better understand what it is you're wanting from me.

3)
"And can you check post 419 to see if Asher and Bbt's cases against vettrock and myself are similar enough that they appear pre planned? II think they are, and that it trumps the individual scuminess if any individual player."

In post 419, Josh_B wrote:
In post 258, Asher Kendrell wrote:I'm not feeling comfortable with vettrock. If he was convinced about wolfy's innocence, he could have fought harder.

In post 267, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Also, given that you both thought he was town, why did neither of you try to defend him?

-I expect to see this in the scum thread at end game.

I do not know, because there are parts of the game thread I have not read. I do not have the time to read, reread, and reread hundreds of posts over and over again. This is why I ask for clarification, and condensed posts. If players ask me, I can do so easily, because I have not one thing to hide. Ergo, I know others can as well. I don't know about their two cases. Does any of it hinge on the idea that there could be Scum Daytalk?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (isolation #48) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:23 am

Post by Wake1 »

So, wait a bit.

If you're Town, and you know this is dire, isn't there supposed to be some sort of emotion?

Are you normally emotional as Town when you know something bad is coming, and you're probably going to be mislynched?

Do elaborate on your feelings right now. I'd like to keep you talking.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (isolation #49) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:24 am

Post by Wake1 »

How do you really feel, Josh?

Let it out.

Lemme see if your tears are real. :D
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (isolation #50) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:34 am

Post by Wake1 »

FoS @ Tiershift
for obstructing inquiry and taking posts out of context. Remember this should I turn up dead over the Night.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (isolation #51) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:09 am

Post by Wake1 »

I see we're at stalemate. I don't think I can convince my fellow Town players to think otherwise. Against my better judgment,
VOTE: Josh_B.

If you really are Scum, which would support why you haven't been vigorously defending yourself and posting reads, then you've basically sealed my fater next Day, assuming I'm not NK'd.

I just can't place it, but I'm not trusting TierShift, Asher, Vettrock, BBT, or Scripten atm. Oh, wait, that's everyone left. Haven't seen much pro-Town behavior to make me Townread and defend certain players. BBT, Tiershift, and Vettrock... crud, and also Asher and Scripten... haven't been that Townish with the flow and exchange of ideas. If I had to say top two, I'd say Tiershift and BBT.

*That horrible, panicked moment when the situation is really important but you simply can't tell which is which.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (isolation #52) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:09 am

Post by Wake1 »

*Fate, not fater. :D
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (isolation #53) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:10 am

Post by Wake1 »

Why?

You've been pretty scummy as well.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (isolation #54) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I believe you are Scum.

If I vote you, you and your Scum partner cannot jump on me when a misguided Townie votes me.

VOTE: Scripten
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (isolation #55) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Scripten wouldn't unvote, and put us in stalemate until someone (me) was supposed to vote Jsoh. And then Vettrock started trying to say I was Scum and I think it was because I waited with voting Josh.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (isolation #56) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by Wake1 »

What's your move, Asher?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (isolation #57) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by Wake1 »

@Earls:
It is time to claim.

I am just a VT.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (isolation #58) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Scripten & Asher?

Claim, Asher.

No more quibbling.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (isolation #59) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Any other Earl claims?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (isolation #60) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by Wake1 »

So we're in 'B.'
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (isolation #61) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:02 pm

Post by Wake1 »

If Ahser is lying, claim Earl now.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (isolation #62) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by Wake1 »

My vote is staying where it is. If both Scum don't jump onto Scripten... then I'm afraid Scripten is Scum.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (isolation #63) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by Wake1 »

IF Asher goes uncountered, then he is confirmed.

And if some stupid REAL Earl won't counter today, he's going on the blacklist.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (isolation #64) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by Wake1 »

1) Wake = Town as Fuck
2) Asher = Confirmed (PROVIDED no one CCs)
3) Scripten = Scum (Waiting ot see what happens
4) Vettrock = Scum?
5) Tiershift = Scum? (Can see TS being Scum. Let's see who tries to get my vote off Scripten.)
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (isolation #65) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Wait a minute.

Let's see if BBT crumbed his Cop results.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (isolation #66) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by Wake1 »

OK, I got something.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (isolation #67) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:19 pm

Post by Wake1 »

"I am at L-1, but I'm under no threat of being lynched. So I do not need to claim."

Looks like he was sure he wouldn't get lynched because he was the Cop. I want to know if he hinted to the person he townread. Reading through.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (isolation #68) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I don't think he copped Josh. He was totally wrong on Josh.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (isolation #69) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:29 pm

Post by Wake1 »

True. That's what I was thinking when he puffed his chest a bit too much.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (isolation #70) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Wake1 »

And now we wait.

Hi Scripten. I see you've been online, buddy.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (isolation #71) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Asher, do you anticipate a counter-vote/shitfest from Scripten like I do?

He'd have to try and convince one other Town to vote me or someone else, so he and his partner can lynch for the win.

Assuming you're Town, you're not going to let that happen, will you?

Do you trust me?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (isolation #72) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I am NOT Scum

You will die today.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (isolation #73) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Why aren't you voting, Scripten?

Isn't he 100% confirmed Town, like you say?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (isolation #74) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Vote for Asher then, or your words are HOLLOW.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (isolation #75) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Wake1 »

You want my vote off you. That will now happen, Scum. I know better.

Suuuure, you're not voting because it's LyLo. At least, of course, you can convince a Townie to vote me so you and your pal can claim victory.

This isn't my first time in a Micro. Do not underestimate me.

NOW you shift to saying I'm Scum when that's crap. I'm VT and Asher is an Earl. Both you and Asher can't both be Town or Scum, so one of you is LYING.

Give it your best shot, Scripten. You're not fooling anyone, and you're sure AS HELL not getting me to unvote you. You thought you were SO clever, didn't you?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (isolation #76) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 615, Scripten wrote:Didn't you say before that a quicklynch is anti-town? Why did you do that to Josh_B, then? Why are you doing it now? Also, give some evidence to back up the inane bullshit you're throwing around. Your vote is stupid, your play is terrible, and you should feel bad.

Forced and hollow.

Asher, please vote Scripten.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (isolation #77) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Still waiting on you to put action behind your words that Asher is 100% Scum.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (isolation #78) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by Wake1 »

You're not going to talk your way out of this, Scum.

My vote stays where it is. Once Scripten flips Scum, both Asher and I are cleared.

At least ONE of Asher or I need to be at LyLo the next Day. Asher would be confirmed as Earl.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (isolation #79) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Asher, do you trust me?

Assuming you're an Earl you KNOW he's lying.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (isolation #80) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by Wake1 »

What's starting to piss me off is that there's only one Earl in this Setup, yet both of you have claimed yet BOTH of you don't/won't vote for each other.

WHAT THE HELL?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (isolation #81) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Vettrock's online now.

Watch closely.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (isolation #82) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by Wake1 »

It's Asher or Scripten today.

My vote stays on Scripten.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (isolation #83) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Wake1 »

And before any potential idiot disagrees, there can only be ONE Earl in this game.

TWO have claimed to be the Earl.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (isolation #84) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by Wake1 »

UNVOTE
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (isolation #85) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by Wake1 »

My vote is TENTATIVELY on Scripten.

Vettrock, SPEAK. I breathe LIFE into you silent visage.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (isolation #86) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I KNOW I'm Town.

One of Asher or Scripten is Scum.

Vettrock, Tiershift, vote Scripten, yes?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (isolation #87) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by Wake1 »

And Vettrock is still online.

Yeah, just take your time there. It's not like we're trying to decide the outcome of the game today.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (isolation #88) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by Wake1 »

OK, you're STILL trying to slime me with your tentacles, Scum.

VOTE: Scripten
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (isolation #89) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Vettrock, where the hell are you?

I KNOW you have this thread subscribed, so now I'm thinking you're his partner.

EDIT:

Yeah, Vettrock is Scripten's partner.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (isolation #90) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Tiershift, you decide the outcome of the game.

Either me and Asher are Scum, or Town. Same with Scripten and Vettrock
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (isolation #91) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I townread Tiershift now.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (isolation #92) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Me, Asher, and Tiershift are Town.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (isolation #93) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Wake1 »

On cue both Scum try and use my hammer on Josh to try and mislynch me for game.

Scripten had it so I could either hammer Josh or not, yet Scripten's partner Vettrock put pressure on me, trying to get me to move my vote.

No, I'm now certain both Scripten and Vettrock are Scum.

I'm waiting to see what Tiershift does.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (isolation #94) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Keep talking, Scripten, you liar.

If you actully believed a thing you said you'd put actions behind your words and vote, like Asher did.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (isolation #95) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Then Tiershift IS Town.

Scripten and Vettrock are the Scum!

We've solved it, but we need Tiershift's vote to make it happen.

Once Scripten flips Scum, we hyperlynch Vettrock.

Otherwise you must lynch me, because that's the only other option I see here.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (isolation #96) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by Wake1 »

We'll let Tiershift decide.

I'm not getting into it with two people I KNOW are confirmed Scum from my point of view.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (isolation #97) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:01 am

Post by Wake1 »

Well, that's disappointing.

I did not like feeling like I was being tag-team manipulated by Scripten and Vettrock to go ahead and vote Josh, when I did feel he was Town.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (isolation #98) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:04 am

Post by Wake1 »

Yeah... god damn it. Now I'm upset with myself. It's just a game, sure, but I sure did get hoodwinked in this one.

W3ith this game, I really need to modify my play. It was super-difficult trying to get a good read on everyone.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (isolation #99) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:17 am

Post by Wake1 »

Thanks, but I need to improve. I've been playing for years, and there's still so many subtle things to improve upon.

Definitely not casting any votes in LyLo early on ever again. I figured if Scripten was Scum I could try and preempt his attempt to have me mislynched.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (isolation #100) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:18 am

Post by Wake1 »

I was wrong in my reads, but.... so was practically everyone else. This game was tough.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (isolation #101) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:40 am

Post by Wake1 »

May I have some free, decent gameplay advice, please?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (isolation #102) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:24 am

Post by Wake1 »

In-thread would be appreciated.

I think because of my condition, ADD, I should really make smaller and more frequent posts, and save my energy to hyper-focus on players who are really Scummy (after a lot of discussion).

My unique strength is extreme focus when triggered, but I need to work on the timing: pick better times to get into it.

I don't want to make large posts later on UNLESS ASKED because I feel like they don't get read or responded to, because it bores them, so I think I should only provide good info when asked for it. That'd take a lot of stress off my shoulders.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (isolation #103) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:30 am

Post by Wake1 »

Also, if I've answered something or gave my opinion on something, and then 200-300 posts later someone asks me a question around those lines, is it better to answer from memory and clarify it then and there, or tell the player to look through my ISO and not not really answer/repeat myself?

I'm used to answering any questions asked me, even if I've answered it in the past.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (isolation #104) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:36 am

Post by Wake1 »

TS you mentioned I pegged one of the Scum early on.

What should my strategy have been?

I've caught Scum before, but I need a better, general strategy.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (isolation #105) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:46 am

Post by Wake1 »

I think it was a townslip when I gave a read on Ree, who had just died. I didn't expect the guy to die.

But NOW.... heh, I'll try to fake that as Scum next time. Mmhm...

— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (isolation #106) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:47 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 693, TierShift wrote:You pegged one of the scum early on, wake? Didn't see it.

Oh and if someone repeats a question, give a 1 sentence answer and link the post with the full answer. Link, not quote.

Or that was said in the Dead QT. I'll check to make sure.

OK, from now on I'll do that with the links/repeating of questions.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (isolation #107) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:49 am

Post by Wake1 »

Damn it now I'm mad.

I DID see BBT's crumb but I didn't believe it because Scripten was Scummy in my book.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (isolation #108) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:51 am

Post by Wake1 »

This was the one, TS.

In post 39, The Bulge wrote:Aw :( I kinda feel really bad for Wake. You could tell at the beginning of the game that he was really trying to improve (and doing a good job at it). He even had the correct scumteam nailed in one of his posts. But now he's second guessing himself.

Apparently I meant Bulge instead. :P
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (isolation #109) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:52 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 696, TierShift wrote:Oh and wake, another thing: avoid arguments.

I took adding ree mostly as a non-cop slip :cop:

That's tough.

People be calling you Scummy for anything: even ridiculous things or making them up.

I don't know how to parry that without arguing it.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (isolation #110) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:59 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 692, TierShift wrote:
Conciseness

Wake, the most important thing you should be working on is choosing the subjects of your focus and conciseness. I see a lot of posts discussing trivial things, like RVS behaviour and thoughts when making certain posts.

As a rule of thumb, it's a good idea to only ask questions if the answer will help you to better form a read on someone. So do it when a post seems weird, out of context or when you don't understand a vote, for example. I'd say at least 3/4 of your questions only helped to clutter up the thread.

Don't answer or ask questions over multiple paragraphs. Keep it short. Walls stink. They are toxic to any town.

Reasons for voting

Don't focus on people antagonising you. I've seen you do this in multiple games. They're not scummy for antagonising you; in fact, they aren't afraid of you voting them and thus more likely town. Your vote on me was for crap reasons (saying somethkng fluffy) and I don't know what your rationale for voting scripten was, but it was a bad vote. The guys disagreeing with you are probably more town than the guys agreeing with you. Important to remember!

Don't quickvote in LyLo

Profit

Even worse because claims weren't out yet, I think.

So I should better choose the subject of my focus? I don't know which one should take priority, considering circumstances. By concise do you mean less wordy, but the same info?

Do you know of any players who do that a lot? If you know of at least one I'd appreciate following and learning that way of playing.

Yeah, I think I should making walls. I put a lot of my time, energy, and good-will into them and it rarely pays off.

I'll have to keep that in mind about the reasons for voting. Asher agreed with me a bit too much. YET, in past games, some say I tore apart and lynched those who'd agree with me too much. Hm. If they vote for me because they aren't afraid, then as you say it's reasonable to think they're selfless Town.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (isolation #111) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:01 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 701, TierShift wrote:
In post 697, Wake1 wrote:Damn it now I'm mad.

I DID see BBT's crumb but I didn't believe it because Scripten was Scummy in my book.

Cop results>anything

And if scripten turned out to be scum, you could have blamed BBT :)
In post 699, Wake1 wrote:This was the one, TS.

In post 39, The Bulge wrote:Aw :( I kinda feel really bad for Wake. You could tell at the beginning of the game that he was really trying to improve (and doing a good job at it). He even had the correct scumteam nailed in one of his posts. But now he's second guessing himself.

Apparently I meant Bulge instead. :P

Where did you peg us, then?

I'll be doing that from now on. And if the Cop knowingly misleads the Town with his crumbs then the onus would be on him.

I don't know, but I'd sure like to know. :lol:
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (isolation #112) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:05 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 702, TierShift wrote:
In post 700, Wake1 wrote:
In post 696, TierShift wrote:Oh and wake, another thing: avoid arguments.

I took adding ree mostly as a non-cop slip :cop:

That's tough.

People be calling you Scummy for anything: even ridiculous things or making them up.

I don't know how to parry that without arguing it.

Say: 'that's ridiculous, you're making this up. Can you point to where I said this?'

Instead of getting into an argument, the other player will now show you how he interpreted your post wrongly and then you can say: 'but I meant this'. From the other player's reaction you can even get a read on him.

Avoid arguments at all costs, really.

I tend to think of Mafia as mental swordplay, where each conscious move of your thoughts are like the swings, parries, and thrusts of an iron sword.

What are some other things I should say in order to deflect attacks as Town?

I noted Scripten's "Also, that response is incredibly empty. HOW am I scummy?" as pretty good.

OK, now I'm liking your advice quite a bit. If you would, would you please elaborate more on these techniques and strategies? I want to start practicing this more often, until it becomes easy.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (isolation #113) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:12 am

Post by Wake1 »

Thanks, TS.

Do you know of any players who parry well by not arguing, but asking questions like the one you mentioned?

I want to know what other things I should say in response in order to avoid arguments.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (isolation #114) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:14 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 707, TierShift wrote:You shouldn't deflect attacks, you should invalidate them. Explain why the attack is wrong. Don't fight the attacker. If they make a fair point, acknowledge it. Refute what's wrong. Then continue with your scum targets.

By attacks I meant players (Town or Scum) trying to dump suspicion on me or say I'm Scum. (I should ignore players who personally attack me, too.)

I'm going to try practicing this for the next game.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (isolation #115) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:55 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 712, TierShift wrote:I don't have other examples for you atm, wake. Talk to me when you got your ass into another argument.

Why did you vote scripten, btw?

Understood.

Just some of his posts rang hollow. I learned to sense that when I caught AdrienC as Scum for being hollow, which won the game.

That, and the stressful Josh_B wagon him and Vet made it really tough. I saw him as deliberately making a tough situation for a townie to make, thus creating an easy mislynch target for the win next day.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (isolation #116) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:56 am

Post by Wake1 »

No hard feelings, Scripten.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (isolation #117) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:30 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 718, TierShift wrote:That doesn't translate in a super strong scumread.

I need a list of bona-fide Scumtells.

In many games I've played in people have called me Scum for absolutely ridiculous things, and then others disagree and then fights happen. What do I do to be virtually unable to be Scumread as Town, and what exactly do I look for when it comes to Scumtells?

It's an odd question, considering I've been playing for so long.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (isolation #118) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:34 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 719, Josh_B wrote:Wake, I really liked the way you replaced in. I'm going to use it in all the games that I replace into.
I read "Blah, blah, blah on everything that happened, but I want to get my own reads." It was dangnear the only time that tiershift was ever scrutinized at all.

That tuckered me out really quickly. It takes energy, which is tough when you're already drained.

I'm modding two games atm, have had a hectic work schedule, and have been playing in a game,

It's tough to do that when you're spread thin. I keep trying to reboot my style, too.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (isolation #119) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:35 am

Post by Wake1 »

...and I haven't been using my
Annihilator Beam
lately, either...
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (isolation #120) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:36 am

Post by Wake1 »

Hell, I forgot where I put it. :D
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (isolation #121) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:55 am

Post by Wake1 »

I hope you guys will want to play with me again.

I got so bamboozled in this game it isn't funny. :P
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (isolation #122) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:14 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 726, saulres wrote:
In post 720, Wake1 wrote:What do I do to be virtually unable to be Scumread as Town, and what exactly do I look for when it comes to Scumtells?

If there were a consistent answer for that, there wouldn't be a game anymore. Other than slips, I've found that different people find things townie and scummy. That's all part of the game.

That's confusing.

Not you or your post, but the fact that different people find different things Scummy or Townie.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (isolation #123) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:28 am

Post by Wake1 »

Very reasonable post.^
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (isolation #124) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:42 am

Post by Wake1 »

:D
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (isolation #125) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:45 am

Post by Wake1 »

Thank you Josh!

This game's been a head-scratcher.

When I'm Scum I stay honest on everything sans being Scum. The hard part is being just like my Town self, who tends to be very proactive.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (isolation #126) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:46 am

Post by Wake1 »

As Town I do bumble about like a confused junebug in a small, well-lit room. Tough to emulate that as Scum when you know everything.
— House*
— Nosferatu*

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”