Mini 448: Judgement Day Mafia-Game Over!

Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:12 am

Post by Spambot »

Kabenon007 wrote:Alright, there seems to be enough suspicion floating around now that a random vote seems unnecessary, so unvote.
I don't like how aggressively ~N9V~ is pushing for a quick lynch. At this point, a quick lynch is probably not necessary. The longer we draw out a lynch of somebody who has acted pretty scummy, (looking at you, xyzzy,) then maybe there will be the possibility that in the ensuing bouts of defense and accuse, another scum will get too eager to defend, or too eager to put down the hammer in an effort to appear town, thereby landing another scummy person to accuse. So, my thoughts are to wait on a lynch, but keep pressure where pressure is needed to bring out conversation and hopefully scum.
I don't like this post. He's stating the obvious and seems overly self-aware of having a random vote.
Kabenon007 wrote:Firstly, I am a kabenon, not James Bond, there is a major difference. And to answer your question, I don't believe that putting him a -2 is anymore effective than leaving him at -3. Xyzzy knows he is in deep trouble, and needs to defend himself, and at least has the right to defend himself before he incurs the wrath of the kabenon! I just don't feel that I need to place my vote on him to put pressure on him.
This is pretty scummy too. He is saying that he finds xyzzy suspicious, but he doesn't really need to vote for him? I wish he hadn't been replaced so he could answer. The next best thing, Remus, what do you think Kabenon007 was trying to say? As a matter of fact, if you'd like to go over a bunch of his posts and tell us what you think of them, that would be awesome.

Huh, you know what? I'm rereading, and Albert didn't attack xyzzy as much as I had thought. I mean, he jumped on it near the beginning (but not the first) and then he moved on to N9V pretty quick. Also, xyzzy's responses are as awful as I thought at the time. One of the reasons I dropped it is because I have a tendency to get tunnel vision on a particular player, and I didn't want to be so focused on xyzzy that I missed something else (like how scummy JDodge was acting).
ShadyForce wrote:Sorry, I'm very busy and this game has taken off like a rocket. Never seen to much information to work off in the first 24 hours of a game. I'll get to some proper analysis when I get a chance.

But no, my vote was not random. I reiterate, I haven't had a chance to read and analyse the whole thread, but my gut says that Xyzzy is pro-town and I'm convinced that probably 2 of the first 3/4 people on that bandwagon are information-hunting anti-town players of some desctiption.

More later.
Apologizes for not contributing. He states two times that he will get to more analysis later, but it never comes.

@Qman: Same thing I said to Remus
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:33 am

Post by Spambot »

Huh, this is interesting. It's possible I was wrong about Higsby. I just did a search on all of his posts, and he was voting for N9V until he got replaced. This isn't too suspicious by itself, but when you look at his posts, he was defending him and attacking xyzzy the whole time.

The last two in particular caught me eye.
Higsby wrote:
JDodge wrote:Why aren't you all voting ~N9V~?
Well, I kind of followed what I thought ~N9V~ was saying initially. At first I thought he was saying, "I think we all think xyzzy is scum, so a lynch would be better than a -1 situation where no infos are flowing." But that doesn't really seem to be the way ~N9V~ is supporting it now that he's being pushed on the matter.

The "But thinking on it, I didn't like JDoge's post. Unvote/Vote: JDodge" is pretty bad. ~N9V~, what about JDodge's post don't you like?

I definitely have my eye on ~N9V~ and we shouldn't drop the ball on this one, I just think we're like a kids soccer team all running towards xyzzy right now. (But in mafia that can be a good thing).

That said, I think that people are going overboard when they say that ~N9V~ is pushing for a quicklynch. I think his original statement that a lynch *can* sometimes be more useful than -1 is valid. It's no reason to skip -1 and go straight to lynch, but it's a true statement.
This is in response to JDodge asking people why they aren't voting for N9V. His post seems okay, but taken into the context of this one:
Higsby wrote:Well, the way I read your Post #58 was that you thought everyone agreed that xyzzy was scum.

Your Post #61 confirms that, "I meant a free mafia dead."

You are definitely contradicting yourself and I can't understand why. I don't know why you couldn't just stick to your guns the whole time and said, "Yes, I think he's scum and at the time I thought most others did too." When I can't understand why someone would do something, I have no choice to believe that they have ulterior motives for what they did (i.e., are scum).

My vote on ~N9V~ was random, but now it's for cause.
He'd had a random vote on N9V this entire time. This is on page 6, too. I'm not sure what to make of this, but it is interesting.

--------------------------------------
Onto Blue Zebra and Shadyforce
Blue Zebra wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:xyzzy is by far acting scummiest, if I were any one of you, that's where my vote would be.
Why don't you vote for him then?
This post is a really good catch.

After that, he basically has nothing but one-line posts that are usually asking a question or for clarification from somebody. He only has 23 posts total, and he has almost no content. The only other post that really stands out to me is this one:
Blue Zebra wrote:I think his question of whether or not he should claim was valid. Trying to control the doc is definetly scummy though. Vote: ~N9V~
I don't know how much I can fault him for voting N9V, because it's not like he was the only one. It's worth noting though that he participated in that lynch.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Holy crap, Shadyforce had three total posts itt. One is a "justified" vote on me with no reason given, the next is him justifying it, and the last is him asking to be replaced. The second post was number 121, and he also promised to add analysis which never came.
Hi all.

My apologies for my absence. I said I was going to be busy for a few days, but unfortunately it extended longer than that. Also, I think it things might crop up again over the next few weeks, so rather than hanging on and maybe having to be replaced a few days into the game, it's probably better for all concerned if I ask to be replaced now while it's still day 1.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused. Sad
This posts makes me think he is either town or the worst scum ever (this was posted on day 2).
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote Count

Xyzzy 2 (Jdodge, Whome)
Jdodge 1 (Qman)

Not Voting: Spambot, Blue Zebra, Remussaidow, Xyzzy, NowaRanger

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:01 am

Post by Spambot »

Blue Zebra was reading the thread and didn't post anything. :o

Vote: Blue Zebra
Blue Zebra
Blue Zebra
Goon
Blue Zebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:09 am

Post by Blue Zebra »

I couldn't think of anything useful to say that hadn't already been said.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:10 am

Post by WhoMe? »

Spambot wrote:My only problem with your claim is that you didn't investigate xyzzy and that you did investigate me. Not saying it was a poor choice, but I'm curious as to why you did so. Barring a counterclaim (and if there is a real cop reading this, you NEED to counterclaim) I believe you.
I haven't investigated xyzzy just because i have such a certainty on his scumminess. I can't remember exactly why I investigated JDodge, but I investigated you because just after I had found out JDodge was innocent, you were linking him and me together as scum, so i thought you were worth looking up.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:12 am

Post by JDodge »

WhoMe? wrote:OK.

I have decided to put the cat amongst the pigeons, as a mislynch will put us at LyLo tomorrow.

I am God, a cop

On night 1 I investigated JDodge - innocent
On Night 2 I investigated Spambot - innocent
Damnit, this even makes sense with your logic-following.

I'll give a PBPA on xyzzy sometime later today.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:37 am

Post by WhoMe? »

the scum pair i am currently leaning towards is

xyzzy and remussaidow

I will put together my reasoning later.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:50 am

Post by WhoMe? »

remussaidow wrote:He outed himself as a power role, why are you people still voting for him? Why did you START voting N9V.

Also, go Whome? for misrepresenting him, saying he was trying to control the doc. That right there, coupled with my earlier suspicions of you nets you a nice, tidy little
vote: whome?
This interested me. He decided I was misrepresenting N9V as trying to control the doc

but 2 posts later he says
remussaidow wrote:see Jdodge, I told you people think it looks scummy. But seriously, it is just playstyle, and thus is better left ignored guys.

As for N9V, he asks for the docs protection, and then claims vanilla... I don't know if I trust that.
which is basically saying he doesn't trust him for trying to control the doc. Which is it?

it's not much but it has blipped on my scumdar.
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:16 am

Post by remussaidow »

asking and telling are different things whome?

As well as I think you missed the point of the second post there. I don't trust his claim, not that he asked for the doc protection, and I gave my reason why I didn't trust it.

I am pressed for time now, so I can't address the Kabenon posts yet, I'll try to do it tonight.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Blue Zebra
Blue Zebra
Goon
Blue Zebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:25 am

Post by Blue Zebra »

In this case, asking is just a polite way of telling.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:51 am

Post by xyzzy »

WhoMe?, if you've been this suspicious of me this whole time, why have you never investigated me?

Until I have a good answer, I have a difficult time believing that you're the cop.

Did you feel it wasn't necessary, or did you think someone else was a better target?
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:32 am

Post by WhoMe? »

WhoMe? wrote:
I haven't investigated xyzzy just because i have such a certainty on his scumminess. I can't remember exactly why I investigated JDodge, but I investigated you because just after I had found out JDodge was innocent, you were linking him and me together as scum, so i thought you were worth looking up.
that's why. I am so sure you are scum i have been looking for the other one. I may be wrong of course, but that was my reasoning. As to believing my claim, there is really no other option. A counter claim would give us a guaranteed scum lynch, either today or tomorrow, and we would have confirmed townies and maybe another investigation too. I really have no reason to false claim. And if i have then the real cop could unmask me easily. No one has refuted me yet though have they?
now a ranger
now a ranger
Goon
now a ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:54 pm

Post by now a ranger »

Whome, I've been wondering.

What if Xyzzy is not scum?

Then, searching for his partner is completely useless, if he doesn't have a partner. We would just come up with people who have been defending a townie, not to say that Xyzzy is town or anything.

I think you should have, and still should make sure Xyzzy is scum first, before continuing on.

I will go look back more later, probably not now, as I am going to be gone this afternoon going to yet another city, on an airplane flight, Kaoshiung =D
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:24 pm

Post by WhoMe? »

whether or not xyzzy is scum, im not sugesting anyone blindly follow me on to him. I want everyone to vote based on their own suspicions, analysis and reasoning.
Show

3/7/2/0
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:45 am

Post by WhoMe? »

xyzzy wrote:Blargh, no matter what alignment nar is, though I believe he's scum, he's too dangerous to keep alive.
That's scummy. He's saying even if NAR is town we should kill him anyway.
xyzzy wrote:
In that case,
Unvote

You're scummy, but I don't want you to die before we get anything useful out of you.
again - this doesn't seem right. Surely you keep your vote on someone you think is scum?
xyzzy wrote:Indeed.

Hate to say it, JDodge, but N9V has, in his death, pretty much proven that you're scum. You're the one who said that one of you is scum.

Interesting that you did that, N9V; were you planning on using that to prove JDodge's scumminess?

It'll probably turn out good for the town...
not sure I like this either.
xyzzy wrote:My suspicion of JDodge is increasing rapidly...

Giant FoS: JDodge
we're quite late in the game now - why don't you vote, FOS means sweet fa

and finally.
xyzzy wrote:WhoMe?, if you've been this suspicious of me this whole time, why have you never investigated me?

Until I have a good answer, I have a difficult time believing that you're the cop.

Did you feel it wasn't necessary, or did you think someone else was a better target?
does anyone really think i have false claimed here? Given that I jave highlighted my bread crumbs, and my role as cop explains why i havent been voting everyone in sight. as this would confuse matters if i got nightkilled before claiming.

I still think xyzzy is a good pick for today
Blue Zebra
Blue Zebra
Goon
Blue Zebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:03 am

Post by Blue Zebra »

WhoMe? wrote:again - this doesn't seem right. Surely you keep your vote on someone you think is scum?
He thought he was scum, though he wasn't 100% percent sure, so he wanted to make sure noone hammered him before he claimed. If the claim wasn't credible, he would vote him again.

The rest of your points are valid though.
Vote: xyzzy
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:29 am

Post by Spambot »

now a ranger wrote:Whome, I've been wondering.

What if Xyzzy is not scum?

Then, searching for his partner is completely useless, if he doesn't have a partner. We would just come up with people who have been defending a townie, not to say that Xyzzy is town or anything.

I think you should have, and still should make sure Xyzzy is scum first, before continuing on.

I will go look back more later, probably not now, as I am going to be gone this afternoon going to yet another city, on an airplane flight, Kaoshiung =D
I agree with this. I believe your reasoning for not investigating him, but I think it's better to confirm.

Interesting that Ranger isn't considering that we might lynch him, though. Obviously then it doesn't matter.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:31 am

Post by Qman »

Hmmmmz @ WhyMe.

UNVOTE

Goes off the think (and work)
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:32 am

Post by Spambot »

Yeah, WhoMe makes a compelling case, and he only highlighted a couple recent posts. I just read all the stuff day 1.

Consider me voting for xyzzy, though I don't want to put him at -1 yet (can't imagine why :roll: ). I'd like to hear a claim.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:12 am

Post by xyzzy »

Responses bolded
WhoMe? wrote:
xyzzy wrote:Blargh, no matter what alignment nar is, though I believe he's scum, he's too dangerous to keep alive.
That's scummy. He's saying even if NAR is town we should kill him anyway.

NAR's reasons were very bad; whether he's town or scum, he's very, very dangerous. Players who want quicklynches bring more harm than good, period.

xyzzy wrote:
In that case,
Unvote

You're scummy, but I don't want you to die before we get anything useful out of you.
again - this doesn't seem right. Surely you keep your vote on someone you think is scum?

I didn't want him to be at -1. The non-votes of the inactive players put JDodge at -1.

xyzzy wrote:Indeed.

Hate to say it, JDodge, but N9V has, in his death, pretty much proven that you're scum. You're the one who said that one of you is scum.

Interesting that you did that, N9V; were you planning on using that to prove JDodge's scumminess?

It'll probably turn out good for the town...
not sure I like this either.

What don't you like about it? I felt N9V had intentionally timed his death so JDodge would appear scummier.

xyzzy wrote:My suspicion of JDodge is increasing rapidly...

Giant FoS: JDodge
we're quite late in the game now - why don't you vote, FOS means sweet fa

We don't necessarily know how many scum there are; we could be at Lylo; at this point, voting could be dangerous and stupid.

and finally.
xyzzy wrote:WhoMe?, if you've been this suspicious of me this whole time, why have you never investigated me?

does anyone really think i have false claimed here? Given that I jave highlighted my bread crumbs, and my role as cop explains why i havent been voting everyone in sight. as this would confuse matters if i got nightkilled before claiming.

You could have been planning this; the "bread crumbs" could be a red herring.

I still think xyzzy is a good pick for today
Blue Zebra
Blue Zebra
Goon
Blue Zebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:57 am

Post by Blue Zebra »

xyzzy wrote:NAR's reasons were very bad; whether he's town or scum, he's very, very dangerous. Players who want quicklynches bring more harm than good, period.
We could just not put anyone at lynch -1 so NAR doesn't have a chance to hammer.
xyzzy wrote:What don't you like about it? I felt N9V had intentionally timed his death so JDodge would appear scummier.
The problem was you saying that N9V being pro-town proves JDodge is scum, which doesn't make sense.
xyzyy wrote:You could have been planning this; the "bread crumbs" could be a red herring.
He could have done that, but it's unlikely. There's also the lack of counter-claims to consider.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:58 am

Post by WhoMe? »

In the absence of a counter claim, which should have been forthcoming by now, you have to assume I am what I say I am. If you're saying you are not scum, then tell us who you think is, with reasoning.
Show

3/7/2/0
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:54 am

Post by xyzzy »

Presently? Well, I'm probably going to do a full reread, but this whole game JDodge has been telling people what to do; perhaps it's a maneuver to not look suspicious when bad things happen.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote Count

Xyzzy 3 (Jdodge, Whome, Blue Zebra)
Blue Zebra 1 (Spambot)

Not Voting: Remussaidow, Xyzzy, NowaRanger, QMan

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”