(2) Bins:
Flubbernugget, Varsoon

Not Voting:
The Bulge, Bins, Thesp

With thirteen alive, it takes seven to lynch. The day will end on
Monday, September 8th, 2014 @ 11:34pm PDT,
which is in
(expired on 2014-09-09 02:34:00).
Last edited by Jakuzure Nonon on Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
caledfwitch + feirei
feirei head is currently LA cause it's dealing with real life, and caled's swamped with school stuff.
Team 9
Team 9
Goon
Team 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:14 pm

Post by Team 9 »

In post 1414, notscience wrote:What scum

Replaces out because they aren't being an asset to town

Like holy fuck Sakura

What the fuck is going on with you

Technically this is not the case here.
The reason she replaced out was because she had trouble keeping the sudden pace of the game.
"Being an asset to town" can be easily thrown by as a WIFOM.
That rage was all too sudden for it to be a genuine town frustration.
So yeah. If titus slot is town, the replace-out is not a reason.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:32 pm

Post by davesaz »

I took Titus's replace out as being due to the pain. With that as a presumed reason, I'd say it shouldn't impact the read much if at all.
Team 9
Team 9
Goon
Team 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:36 pm

Post by Team 9 »

Her source of rage is not from this game but rather from the stress majorly from a car accident I would say otherwise her sudden burst of rage wouldn't make sense. Also I don't believe normally titus would replace out from such a "minorly annoying" push.
Team 9
Team 9
Goon
Team 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:36 pm

Post by Team 9 »

In post 1427, davesaz wrote:I took Titus's replace out as being due to the pain. With that as a presumed reason, I'd say it shouldn't impact the read much if at all.

Basically this.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:04 am

Post by Varsoon »

Bye titus. Maybe we can jam some other time.
Hi newguy. Hope you like to jam.

Sorry for my relative absence. College and teaching is demanding!!

VOTE: Startfromtheheart
I get bad vibes from all the posts and votes here. Feels scummier/more under the radar than Bins.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:56 am

Post by notscience »

Whatever.

Back in 47 hours.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:59 am

Post by Thesp »

In post 1381, Bins wrote:yaaay thesp !

Yaaay Bins!

In post 1430, Varsoon wrote:Hi newguy. Hope you like to jam.

Hi! I do like jam, especially grape!

I've enjoyed the opening pages...to an extent. =P I found myself having to actively remember that players aren't necessarily lurking in the first 10 pages simply by only having posted once or twice in that duration. I'm also torn between not taking this game seriously at all, or being all SRS BIZNESS GUYZ to get real votes. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Some posts I found amusing/agreeable:
Spoiler: Asides
In post 757, Flubbernugget wrote:nobody told me I signed up for a marathon game.

Yup. Yeesh!

In post 955, notscience wrote:It's basically

tn- WAAAAAAH THERES SO MUCH FLUFF

me- Shining pinnacle of obvtown

Sakura- SCUMREAD ME IF YOU DARE

bins- *bats eyes* don't lynch me pls

bulge- ima do isos coz u mothafuckas be spammy

varsoon- idk what he is doing but he called me scum

titus- stop the violence

team 9- somehow townreading tn

flubber- what people want to know about my past games!11!!11!!

dave- hi guys im new here

WIN

In post 1068, Team 9 wrote:I feel like if we lolflashlynch one of the random minimum posters were gonna have a scum lynch.

Agreed!

Alright, so here are some of my thoughts on the game.
  • I'm going to be more active on weekdays, but I imagine my activity will drop precipitously on weekends. (That will be especially true this weekend - I'm hosting a Bridge Day tomorrow, then going to a concert in the evening, then boardgaming with friends after church on Sunday.) If we're seriously doing 50 pages every three days, it's going to be incredibly hard to get useful reads, and it's going to be a lot easier for scum to cover their tracks. I don't want to discourage content (especially since there are a number of players significantly lacking in it so far), but I don't want to encourage bloat.
  • I don't find either of tn5421/Sakura Hana interesting for a vote. At this juncture, I like Sakura Hana less of the two of them, but I'm not terribly interested in voting for either. I'm not interested in voting for Bins.
  • I have a number of town reads of various qualities, but I'm hesitant to go too deep into many of them simply because I don't want to help scum tonight. I am willing to discuss views on specific people if desired, and I am likely to pipe up if I think wagons are headed in the wrong direction, but I doubt I'll do much beyond that.
  • Is it worth trying to break the game at this point?
    Since we don't have any claims yet,
    I'm pondering the utility of having the cop claim, and us no-lynching, with the presumed strategy of a doctor in one half of the list protect the claimed cop, and a doctor on the other half protect someone else
    . It has a roughly 50% chance of us having split docs (which would be FANTASTIC), and in the other 50% chance we would be able to help narrow eventual doc claims because we'd be able to see which list they were on. Thoughts? (OBVIOUSLY THE COP SHOULD NOT CLAIM UNTIL THERE IS ANY CONSENSUS ON THIS.)
  • I appreciate the few summaries I got. They were helpful to me.

There are a number of different avenues I like, and I think I'd be happiest pursuing our undercontributors.

VOTE: The Bulge

Post or perish.

I'd be quite happy to move my vote to several of the other votees right now (specifically, SXTLHGaiden, startfromtheheart, or davesaz), and would do so to secure a claim and/or lynch before deadline. In the meanwhile, I'd most appreciate some consideration of the thought of trying to break the setup. I'm happy to answer specific or general questions as well.

I'll have some followup questions for a few people in my next post, I imagine.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Well there's also the "Cop claims" > "Doctors flip a coin" i suggested earlier. but that has roughly 50% chance of failing just like yours.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Thesp »

In post 1433, Sakura Hana wrote:Well there's also the "Cop claims" > "Doctors flip a coin" i suggested earlier. but that has roughly 50% chance of failing just like yours.

It does, yes, though mine has the added bonus of putting the doctors in a group to bolster their claim/deter scum from fake-claiming. Do you think it's worth taking that chance? (Please remind me, as I can't recall your conclusion, and it might have been embedded in some of the walls of yours I glossed over.) I'm inclined to think it's worth the chance (because the upside is so huge, and the downside isn't likely significantly worse than we're likely to get anyway), but willing to hear some other opinions on it.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:19 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In the previous iteration i played the cop forgot that both doctors protecting him would render the protection useless and claimed out of nowhere, to try to fix it i proposed the strategy that both doctors flip a coin about protecting him or not.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:27 am

Post by Thesp »

In post 1435, Sakura Hana wrote:In the previous iteration i played the cop forgot that both doctors protecting him would render the protection useless and claimed out of nowhere, to try to fix it i proposed the strategy that both doctors flip a coin about protecting him or not.

Good, so you have some prior experience with it. In my version, we wouldn't have coin-flipping, which would mean that if the protection is successful the first night, it would be successful every night until scum kill a doctor. (That could be fixed in the coin-flipping situation as well by having the doctors carry out the same action they had on previous nights, but I digress.)

I still wasn't able to figure out from your answer though - do you think it'd be worthwhile to take that 50% risk
now in this game
?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:33 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In either case tho I don't think the plan will work, because I already did something stupid.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:38 am

Post by Thesp »

In post 1437, Sakura Hana wrote:In either case tho I don't think the plan will work, because I already did something stupid.

Howso? Forgive me for not following you well here. What "something stupid" have you done that would preclude this from being effective in this game?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Excuse me if i'm paranoid but i doubt scum is any stupid.
In post 1385, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1383, Team 9 wrote:
In post 1378, Sakura Hana wrote:@GiF: Why do you keep saying that you're doing to die N1?

Crumbing cop, duh.
(But in more serious reply, I'm keep feeling like we're gonna die n1 yet again for being three awesome in this game)

I'll make sure you don't die then, and instead i'll make sure i die.

Unless they are scared of my gambits which might work, In either case I've already skewed the direction of scum's NK whether they want to believe my soft or not, or think i'm gambiting is up to them, but this plan is at least better imo than going with the RNG chance.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Team 9
Team 9
Goon
Team 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by Team 9 »

did anyone who's actually here get a scum role PM?

I guess I could run through my Titus read. btw, I'm p sure I saw Bulge posting elsewhere and not here

-Rumia
Team 9
Team 9
Goon
Team 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Team 9 »

OK

In post 498, Titus wrote:People arguing about who is fluffier is like a reverse dick measuring contest with invisible nonfunctioning dicks.

Let's start some content.

SH is town.
notscience is town.
Team 9 is scum.
Bins is scum.

this is where I started to have problems with Titus. the thing that pinged me about this post was the bolded line.

there's hardly any actual content in this post, plus it implicates there wasn't content before, which isn't true. for example, none of the reads were backed up with reasons - if she was going for content here, she could have easily backed up these reads. despite saying she's starting content, she actually isn't doing much to develop content at all.

so this line roughly translates to "look at how town I am, starting content", without actually providing any - it's her positioning herself as a helpful townie who's trying to cut down on fluff and provide content, without actually having any effect on the gamestate.

I alluded to this in a previous post when I mentioned a pattern I was seeing that I didn't like, and that she'd continue doing it if she was scum here. this is the pattern I was talking about: her trying to position herself as a helpful, pro-town townie, while none of her actions actually had legitimate town motivation. p much my entire read until she replaced out was based off this.

In post 820, Titus wrote:Flubber, try to piss someone off. You are far too mellow.

this is the same as the previous post - it's a mostly pointless post that doesn't do anything. again, it reads as scum Titus trying to position herself as a helpful townie, without actually doing anything legitimately town motivated.

In post 868, Titus wrote:Then start with fucking pointed questions. Defeatism helps no one.

same thing - her trying to act helpful and position herself as a town leader, without doing anything legitimately town motivated.

this is especially true bc I'm pretty sure we had (pointlessly) been trying to diffuse Sakura v. tn and failing at it. even coming from Titus, I'd think most people would have realized we had every reason to be defeatist here. thus, the town motivation behind this post doesn't match her words.

In post 911, Titus wrote:Can you both do a 48 hr moratoriym on talking to each other?

same thing - I don't think most people would legitimately think Sakura and tn would actually listen, when faced with a statement like this. not to mention, this came after the massive amount of posts had mostly died down, so from a town POV it's not natural to make a suggestion like this at that point in the game. the best motivation I can think of to post smth like this is, as I said, to position herself as a helpful townie who's trying to lead and organize while not suggesting anything useful.

I'm aware she said she was trying to diffuse Sakura v. tn while it was going on - if she is town, this is true and you can find it exactly where she said to look - however, I wouldn't put it past her to fake that as scum. however, as I said, the timing on this post is different and it doesn't make sense to make a suggestion like this at this particular point in the game.

--------------------------------

I've already said the reason I thought Titus' replace out was town (). however, GIF told me the anger behind it was too sudden to come from town, and I admit it's possible she replaced out for other reason and was able to use that as an excuse, so I don't wanna write her off as town based off it.

re: Thesp's post: from what I can tell there's nothing unfakeable in there, but I haven't analyzed it too much.

thoughts?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:11 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1441, Team 9 wrote:OK

In post 498, Titus wrote:People arguing about who is fluffier is like a reverse dick measuring contest with invisible nonfunctioning dicks.

Let's start some content.

SH is town.
notscience is town.
Team 9 is scum.
Bins is scum.

this is where I started to have problems with Titus. the thing that pinged me about this post was the bolded line.

there's hardly any actual content in this post, plus it implicates there wasn't content before, which isn't true. for example, none of the reads were backed up with reasons - if she was going for content here, she could have easily backed up these reads. despite saying she's starting content, she actually isn't doing much to develop content at all.

so this line roughly translates to "look at how town I am, starting content", without actually providing any - it's her positioning herself as a helpful townie who's trying to cut down on fluff and provide content, without actually having any effect on the gamestate.

I alluded to this in a previous post when I mentioned a pattern I was seeing that I didn't like, and that she'd continue doing it if she was scum here. this is the pattern I was talking about: her trying to position herself as a helpful, pro-town townie, while none of her actions actually had legitimate town motivation. p much my entire read until she replaced out was based off this.

In post 820, Titus wrote:Flubber, try to piss someone off. You are far too mellow.

this is the same as the previous post - it's a mostly pointless post that doesn't do anything. again, it reads as scum Titus trying to position herself as a helpful townie, without actually doing anything legitimately town motivated.

In post 868, Titus wrote:Then start with fucking pointed questions. Defeatism helps no one.

same thing - her trying to act helpful and position herself as a town leader, without doing anything legitimately town motivated.

this is especially true bc I'm pretty sure we had (pointlessly) been trying to diffuse Sakura v. tn and failing at it. even coming from Titus, I'd think most people would have realized we had every reason to be defeatist here. thus, the town motivation behind this post doesn't match her words.

In post 911, Titus wrote:Can you both do a 48 hr moratoriym on talking to each other?

same thing - I don't think most people would legitimately think Sakura and tn would actually listen, when faced with a statement like this. not to mention, this came after the massive amount of posts had mostly died down, so from a town POV it's not natural to make a suggestion like this at that point in the game. the best motivation I can think of to post smth like this is, as I said, to position herself as a helpful townie who's trying to lead and organize while not suggesting anything useful.

I'm aware she said she was trying to diffuse Sakura v. tn while it was going on - if she is town, this is true and you can find it exactly where she said to look - however, I wouldn't put it past her to fake that as scum. however, as I said, the timing on this post is different and it doesn't make sense to make a suggestion like this at this particular point in the game.

--------------------------------

I've already said the reason I thought Titus' replace out was town (). however, GIF told me the anger behind it was too sudden to come from town, and I admit it's possible she replaced out for other reason and was able to use that as an excuse, so I don't wanna write her off as town based off it.

re: Thesp's post: from what I can tell there's nothing unfakeable in there, but I haven't analyzed it too much.

thoughts?

I see pretty much see all of those points as Titus trying to get reads in a manner she best interprets them. Isn't she known for getting reads based off of the emotions she sees in posts?
Team 9
Team 9
Goon
Team 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by Team 9 »

In post 1442, Flubbernugget wrote:I see pretty much see all of those points as Titus trying to get reads in a manner she best interprets them. Isn't she known for getting reads based off of the emotions she sees in posts?

I don't remember that. this is actually smth I don't remember her doing at all in my one town game with her.

besides, that's my point - none of those statements do much towards actually getting said reads. and she could easily enough get reads without making most of those statements (asking you to piss someone off, for example).

I'm not sure how 868 or 911 would fit that either.

also I'm curious where you heard that from. I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, but I've never heard that before o.o

-Rumia
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Hey pieguy, what do you think about what I posted earlier, where Titus said scum appeases, but she took my side during the whole Sakura vs tn thing.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
startfromtheheart
startfromtheheart
Mafia Scum
startfromtheheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by startfromtheheart »

im here but i dont really have anything meaningful to say right now

it is good to see sakura in one of my games again though, seems like it has been at least half a year, maybe more
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1442, Flubbernugget wrote:
I see pretty much see all of those points as Titus trying to get reads in a manner she best interprets them. Isn't she known for getting reads based off of the emotions she sees in posts?

Does that mean you read Titus as town, or just as not scum?

Can you remind us what your case is on Bins?
startfromtheheart
startfromtheheart
Mafia Scum
startfromtheheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:37 pm

oh gif nows really not a good time to see if i flail, i dont have anything to really flail about, as i dont feel its wrong to scumread me or anything as im just not active in general period. my recent past games kinda reflect that, wagons form, nothing really happens, day drags out, etc.

plus just busy irl tbh not as much time as i used to have
startfromtheheart
startfromtheheart
Mafia Scum
startfromtheheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:38 pm

gaiden has become my true role model

dave u said something about my vote on you, gaiden and i are voting you for *reasons*
startfromtheheart
startfromtheheart
Mafia Scum
startfromtheheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:38 pm

there arent any reasons, or at least i dont recall any...

lol

Return to “Completed Open Games”