Mini 1595: WiFom City: The Inquisition - GAME OVER - THANKS!

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:35 pm

Post by Titus »

Official Vote Count

fontisian
(4): hiplop, Mist7676, Unsight, ika
Albert B. Rampage
(2): MadCitrus, Honey bee
hiplop
(2): Rubicon, Grib, fontisian
Unsight
(1): Atum

Not Voting
(3): Albert B. Rampage, ZZZX, Stigmata

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. It takes 9 to make a supermajority to end the day and lock votes.

Doublechecking VC and Prodding Stigmata.
Last edited by Titus on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by ika »

In post 575, Titus wrote:Doublechecking VC

im voting font

~I missed that, so I've added back in.

It would be really helpful if I miss a vote to revote even if I add it into the VCA. I'm using an automated vote counter to assist me, so that helps. There's no requirement to do so though.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 532, fontisian wrote:The Gravedigger claim in pregame is always optimal, as it allows the GD to drop info as we go, and increases accountability. The method of the claim can also be very helpful in determining their alignment, as it was in this case. The gravedigger, if town, is unlikely to get shot, as scum tend to be more interested in holy hunting and get some use from the gravedigger role info.
I still don't think that this was the best move, but whatever. What's already claimed is claimed. I feel like outing a town power role before the game even starts is worse then having them post content later in the game, where they don't have a target on their back, and possibly get the chance of a Scum CC.

Grib is town because he assumed there were four witches in the game when there are actually three. What part of that statement do you disagree with and why?
I seem to remember someone mentioning that a lot of the players were common Withhunt players, and assumed a two things:
a) The witches stayed constant.
b) Claiming something about the game is so easy for a scum player to pull and has only two outcomes: Coming off as town for apparently slipping, or coming off as a Village Idiot for not reading the rules. Both of which are pretty safe as it doesn't leave a target on his back.

I feel this was just his way of trying to get himself a little towncred, and don't want to watch him slide by without it being noticed.

Lynching me is stupid, because I'm going to get shot later and become confirmed town and, even if I were scum, I have a history of bussing that you can use.

This is an attempt to throw WIFOM in the situation. "Don't lynch me because I could be an asset to town even if I was scum. If we have caught scum, I'm going to lynch them. And if you try bussing someone now, I frankly wouldn't believe it, as you seem to be repeating it quite a bit. As if trying to set up for it, and it's really frustrating me.

In post 562, Atum wrote:
In post 508, Mist7676 wrote:
In post 369, Stigmata wrote:This thread is really hard to read because Rubicon and fontisian keep speaking in riddles and they don't even answer half the shit I ask (which is not even half the shit I want to ask.)

You ask all the right questions~

Ok, I'm caught up, and I think I have a really good grasp on this game. But then again it's 4:30 in the morning and I could be totally wrong.

Either way, my scum reads right now are

1. Font
2. Grib
3. Ika

I also feel like the Hiplop wagon was scum driven, and in that case feel like Hiplop is town. I'll probably have a full reads list tomorrow when, again, it's not 4:30 in the morning.

Hey, when you've got some time, can you explain the Grib and ika reads? And nice cop out by the way, it's fun when RL works out for you like that.

What do you mean by a cop out? The fact that I like to post at 4:30 sometimes? Or the fact that I didn't get to my read's list when you wanted it?

Anyways, I've already expressed my read of Grib above this, so you can check that out.

I'm reading Ika as scum because of the fact she was constantly role fishing and attempting to out town power roles during pre game. I can't find any town motivation for that, and I would want to lynch that as soon as possible. That doesn't help town whatsoever.
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:20 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Here's a read's list as promised. I'm not going to do the whole color thing you guys have a hard on for. If explained my scum reads, but if you want to ask about my town reads, go ahead.

Rubicon - Who?
Albert B. Rampage - I have a null leaning scum read on this character, as you pop in at random times and it just rings of Beetlejuice
ZZZX - Again, who?
Unsight - I have a gut town read here, and since this is Gravedigger, I'll be keeping a closer eye on you
Honey bee - Null
Grib - Probably scum
Atum - Bothersome, but town
fontisian - Scum ~
Stigmata - Null
ika - Another scum read
hiplop (replaces Jargonaut) - Town
MadCitrus - Null leaning Town
You Are Worth It
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:35 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 578, Mist7676 wrote:Here's a read's list as promised. I'm not going to do the whole color thing you guys have a hard on for. If explained my scum reads, but if you want to ask about my town reads, go ahead.

Rubicon - Who?
Albert B. Rampage - I have a null leaning scum read on this character, as you pop in at random times and it just rings of Beetlejuice
ZZZX - Again, who?
Unsight - I have a gut town read here, and since this is Gravedigger, I'll be keeping a closer eye on you
Honey bee - Null
Grib - Probably scum
Atum - Bothersome, but town
fontisian - Scum ~
Stigmata - Null
ika - Another scum read
hiplop (replaces Jargonaut) - Town
MadCitrus - Null leaning Town

I love how you give me a "who" read and other got a null one.

Makes me feel special I ... guess??
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:36 pm

Post by ZZZX »

Also I am 99% sure I was voting font so

VOTE: Font
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:04 am

Post by fontisian »

In post 577, Mist7676 wrote:
I still don't think that this was the best move, but whatever. What's already claimed is claimed. I feel like outing a town power role before the game even starts is worse then having them post content later in the game, where they don't have a target on their back, and possibly get the chance of a Scum CC.

People don't fakeclaim the gravedigger. The role isn't even guaranteed to be town.

In post 577, Mist7676 wrote:[Grib is town because he assumed there were four witches in the game when there are actually three. What part of that statement do you disagree with and why?
I seem to remember someone mentioning that a lot of the players were common Withhunt players, and assumed a two things:
a) The witches stayed constant.
b) Claiming something about the game is so easy for a scum player to pull and has only two outcomes: Coming off as town for apparently slipping, or coming off as a Village Idiot for not reading the rules. Both of which are pretty safe as it doesn't leave a target on his back.

I feel this was just his way of trying to get himself a little towncred, and don't want to watch him slide by without it being noticed.

Ok, that's nice in a general sense, but have you looked at Grib's town slip in particular?

In post 577, Mist7676 wrote:
This is an attempt to throw WIFOM in the situation. "Don't lynch me because I could be an asset to town even if I was scum. If we have caught scum, I'm going to lynch them. And if you try bussing someone now, I frankly wouldn't believe it, as you seem to be repeating it quite a bit. As if trying to set up for it, and it's really frustrating me.

The point is that I'm a self resolving problem. You don't need to lynch me because scum generally prefer to shoot me over having me around for several Days. Now, look at all of the people (except ika, the derp) voting for me right now. What do they have in common?

Can you explain exactly why you believe hiplop to be town. (Hint: The wagon being scumdriven is a bad answer when I happen to know that it isn't.)
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:01 am

Post by Grib »

@Atum

Did you actually want me to explain one of my reads or were we just having some fun? I can dig fun.

@Mist

Too many nulls. Your ika read is bad because he does that every game. But I agree with you on Rubicon. And I'm not trying to slide by without it being noticed, because. I want it to be noticed, so that you can drop your scumread of me and put it somewhere that might actually catch scum.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:12 am

Post by ika »

or we can assume mist is scum as well?

@font who are your top scums? i want to compare your to mine.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:28 am

Post by hiplop »

@Honey, I said in original post the quote was just another example; its needless arrogance in an attempt to strawman a case

I want you to vote for hiplop with, because he's likely scum and he's linked to Stigmata. At the very least I'd like you to stop pushing me over nothing so I can focus on lynching scum. Are you going to help or not?

Curious. You've never explained or even touched on a link to stigmata...

Quote your response for me.

And no, deliberately giving yourself a bad scum meta is a nice scumtell. The entirety of Jargonaut's added up to a self-conscious player trying to stay out of the spotlight.

I'm sorry but the guy clearly left due to personal reasons. That is not fair to assume alignment, you're making stuff up.

He townslipped, hiplop. Your buddy pointed it out already.

Are you hoping that if you don't address me I'll go away?

" Townslipping" means nothing when the person is aware of it. If anything its an easy thing for scum to do? Like this isn't even a valid point.

In post 582, Grib wrote:t

Too many nulls. Your ika read is bad because he does that every game. But I agree with you on Rubicon. And I'm not trying to slide by without it being noticed, because. I want it to be noticed, so that you can drop your scumread of me and put it somewhere that might actually catch scum.

and aw, here's grib to AGAIN defend fontisan and attempt to discredit a case. How cute
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:30 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 570, ika wrote:@von

b/c i can ready you more easily then font.

anyway, hiplop lets try something:

assume font is town, whos scum then?

hmm. Best guess would be in grib/albert.

Albert is tough to read because he's done virtually nothing but bandwagon. Usually I look at my null-reads for scum if actual reads aren't going anywhere. He'd be my best guess
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:34 am

Post by Grib »

" Townslipping" means nothing when the person is aware of it. If anything its an easy thing for scum to do? Like this isn't even a valid point.

But I wasn't aware of it until someone else pointed it out? Try reading the relevant posts in context.

I told you your opinion would probably be wrong. Score one for me.

and aw, here's grib to AGAIN defend fontisan and attempt to discredit a case. How cute

There's no one as cute as you, hippy-poo.

Well. Except Atum. You're a close second.

(I didn't discredit her entire case. Just mentioned that I disagreed with one (1) of her reads and that she should sort out her nulls ASAP.)
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:35 am

Post by Grib »

Ugh, sorry, I meant to put your name in the quotes because editing actual quotes is such a pain.

Last post is @hiplop for those too lazy to care.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:42 am

Post by hiplop »

town doesn't use their "townslips" to slide to endgame, scum does.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:43 am

Post by hiplop »

plus its a fucking open setup, town are just as likely to make that mistake as scum are.

like really either way its a fucking accident
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Grib »

Am I sliding? I don't feel like I'm sliding. I think I'd be ignoring you if I were sliding.

The townslip isn't just for me -- I'm one less person town needs to work themselves into a fit over, at least for now. ;)

Besides, it is very, very likely I'll get shot long before endgame. Which, y'know. Wouldn't be too horrible.
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:33 am

Post by MadCitrus »

Of course not Grib! You'll try to fake-claim my role and get lynched for it (even if I'm lynched first...)

My high intensity game's finally over wooooo
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:34 am

Post by MadCitrus »

@Fontisian

There's a limit to my tolerance for players using meta to clear themselves.

Are you going to consider my previous request yet?
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:36 am

Post by MadCitrus »

@Ika

Can you clarify on ABR as a town read? Didn't you/he say he acts like this in all games, I'm presuming just D1? All he's really done today is move his vote around, but I don't like how he's been doing so.
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:38 am

Post by MadCitrus »

In post 581, fontisian wrote:
The point is that I'm a self resolving problem. You don't need to lynch me because scum generally prefer to shoot me over having me around for several Days. Now, look at all of the people (except ika, the derp) voting for me right now. What do they have in common?

Can you explain exactly why you believe hiplop to be town. (
Hint: The wagon being scumdriven is a bad answer when I happen to know that it isn't.
)

In post 552, fontisian wrote:
I want you to vote for hiplop with, because he's likely scum
and he's linked to Stigmata. At the very least I'd like you to stop pushing me over nothing so I can focus on lynching scum. Are you going to help or not?

In post 575, Titus wrote:
Official Vote Count

fontisian
(4): hiplop, Mist7676, Unsight, ika

???
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:38 am

Post by MadCitrus »

That last post is actually blue, I swear
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:15 am

Post by Honey bee »

In post 584, hiplop wrote:@Honey, I said in original post the quote was just another example; its needless arrogance in an attempt to strawman a case

In post 420, hiplop wrote:Hello, earthlings!

Pre-game is basically just setup discussion. I agree with some of it I suppose.

Hotel Holder is town, I'm pretty damn sure. He is posting vast content in an otherwise empty spot. That doesn't particularily mean its all that helpful, but hes trying despite general MS meta to lay low for the first little bit. Town in my eyes for now. Oh...he left

Fontisan is giving me bad feelings in this part, but other than that basically everyone is just joking around or whatever. Fontisan is trying to act like the town leader in my eyes, but it just seems in credibly artificial. He's different than holder because he is trying to control the town rather than contribute. To me this screams as scum.

Players that haven't seen me in a game before, what's your meta?

I'm always town ;) don't question it ever

Unsight is the GD, eh? I buy it. I think shes town especially due to her cold-feet. I too agree it likely wasn't best, but then again I have never played this setup.

OFFTOPIC: @MadCitrus, you can even iso multiple people at once to get a telling of their relationship. Press the little plus! (its even MORE GLORIOUS!)

Stigmata's 248 is strange as hell to me. MadCitrus made a (somewhat) weak case against him and he got incredibly defensive. That doesn't sit right with me.

In post 256, Rubicon wrote:Towntris is definitely present here.

Citown.

I agree. Citown

Question time!

If you could have picked a role, what would it be?

Are you having fun?

Where else (if applicable) do you play mafia?

Steak or ham?

JESTER, fun., Uhm just a unrelated forum that has some others (faraday and a few others) havent played in a while tho, I'm a pescetarian so neither

In post 316, fontisian wrote:I'll break this game if and when I feel like it.

Right now, Rubicon's imitating his scum play and I want him to die. Whee.

This is the nail in her coffin for me.

VOTE: FOntisan

Grib is a gut read based on tonality. He's not taking a town leadership position like he has in other games (such as the Mini Normal he finished recently), and I wish he would. But he doesn't seem worried about looking town or being caught, either.

This is interesting to me. I assumed he was just lurkish by nature. In other games hes more of a town voice? I will meta him after I finish this post because t hat doesn't sit right with me. Especially with new people who have yet to draw scum?

Oh god a wagon on me right at the start? :o

Words you used about that quote: " This is the nail in her coffin for me. "
Words you never used: Arrogance, Strawman.
You don't have to respond anymore, that's enough lying and misrepresenting to damn you.

I just wanna know why we can't just blow Hiplop up. I mean lynching him is only going to tell us his card right? I'm fine not knowing if his claim matches unsight's info. And if we do lynch him, where's the bomb going to go?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:28 am

Post by Grib »

If we lynch hiplop, the Bomber picks who gets the bomb next.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:34 am

Post by Honey bee »

Well I mean like who is the bomber gonna choose? I'm still assuming ika's the bomber but maybe I'm naive.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:36 am

Post by Grib »

Well, we won't know that without a claim. There is no need for the Bomber to claim at this time.

I'm not going to speculate on whether or not ika was serious. No more rolefishing past the GD.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”