Mini 1595: WiFom City: The Inquisition - GAME OVER - THANKS!

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Won't the gravedigger just tell us what his role is, or does that only apply to lynch and NK?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:24 am

Post by Atum »

The gravedigger only gets lynch and NK assuming this game adheres to the same rule as the DLP WH in that respect.

Does the Gravedigger receive alignment/role information from bomb victims?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:30 am

Post by Grib »

The bomb goes off at the end of the Night, and the GD only gets the flips of players who died during the Day. So the bomb and NK's remain a mystery. Though NK's are assumed to be town, barring the possible Witch trick townfirm song and dance that failed spectacularly last time. ☆

According to the rules (I totally read through them all after my slip), the above seems to be unchanged. But. Being absolutely sure is fun.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:33 am

Post by Rubicon »

Right, the Gravedigger is only told about normal lynches, the Loose Cannon lynch, the Judge lynch and (if I recall correctly) the Dirty Old Bastard vengekill. Deaths that happen during the day, in other words.

If someone dies during the night by the normal night kill, you can assume they were town, but their role remains a secret. (Which isn't a bad thing for the setup since it makes it possible for scum to fake claim later on without being counterclaimed.)

The bomb kill is ambiguous. Last time Titus played this setup, she (scum) detonated the bomb on fontisian (town) and then somehow managed to convince people fontisian had been scum.

There's a lot of town power to balance this lack of concrete information, though. Town ended up winning that game.

I completely forgot Jargonaut had the bomb.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:58 am

Post by Titus »

In post 401, Atum wrote:The gravedigger only gets lynch and NK assuming this game adheres to the same rule as the DLP WH in that respect.

Does the Gravedigger receive alignment/role information from bomb victims?

No. As you will recall, bombing is a nightkill. Gravedigger only gets results from people who die during the day.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:54 am

Post by Unsight »

In post 351, fontisian wrote:Unsight: Are Rubicon and Atum inactive?

In post 349, Unsight wrote:
Basically more of the same. is says all the active people are town and the ,
mostly
, says the inactive people are scum. That's not scum hunting, that's covering your butt.

In post 377, fontisian wrote:3. The picking at a minor wording arrangement was a way of discrediting my attack without directly engaging me. Simply put, it was a cop out.

Kettle meet pot. :facepalm:
Games are meant to be fun.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:19 am

Post by Unsight »

In post 392, Honey bee wrote:@unsight: I actually did catch your claim, I was just wondering about the reasoning behind your vote. I maybe get it now, but I can't get behind buddying part. Do you usually have a distaste for strong town reads? And what's the reasoning on your other reads?

It's empty content to me. Unless someone has an investigative role, it's all WIFOM. The only thing posting a ton of town reads does is make it look like you're active when you're not and waste my time reading them. Things I care about are: Who you think is scum, why, and where is your vote?

ABR starting a competing wagon on Page 11 which fontisian immediately jumped on is infinitely more interesting than a colored list of WIFOM.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:29 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 392, Honey bee wrote:@unsight: I actually did catch your claim, I was just wondering about the reasoning behind your vote. I maybe get it now, but I can't get behind buddying part. Do you usually have a distaste for strong town reads? And what's the reasoning on your other reads?

@citrus: My meta is pretty much the same across alignments playstyle wise (low post count, catch up posts that pressures others on reads) due to my schedule. I think some of the things i do as scum are have weaker reads in an less amount, and usually try to ignore my partner. In fact I rarely read my partners posts (5-10% maybe). As far as i am aware, those are the only differences.

@stigmata: To me, most of his posts seemed to be aimed at either the claiming topic or just having skepticism towards other people's reads. I didn't feel like any of the questions towards others were meant to determine alignment, and when he spent a large paragraph talking about ika's read, I felt it suspicious that he wasn't also directing his energy at anyone to determine their alignment. Hence why I asked them who they would be voting for then, because I wanted to know who (if anyone) they would be pressuring.

@rubicon: my opinion of zzzx is that he ignored critical discussion to comment on trivial things and then laid a reasonless vote (in my eyes) on me instead of providing a real reason or vote. The fact that he ignored me again just confirms my opinion on him. What made you vote zzzx now?

@abr: are you voting jarg because she replaced out..?

And your opinion on me is?

We both know I said I was VLA and I am just back and I cant really handle thinking this game throu yet. I will be here and try to gather as much info as I can and help the town as much as I can.

For now was I asked about something (except my scum reads as I dont have any reliable ones yet) that I didnt asnwer?
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:08 am

Post by Honey bee »

In post 394, Honey bee wrote:Ah i see. the slot's holding the bomb though, are we voting to show approval of detonating or are we actually considering lynching? I could probably support their death unless the replacement has something good to say.

apparently I missed the part where the bomb moves if the holder dies by other means. My bad.

I feel like if ika doesn't use the bomb tonight, he'll end up nightkilled.
Unsight wrote:
It's empty content to me. Unless someone has an investigative role, it's all WIFOM. The only thing posting a ton of town reads does is make it look like you're active when you're not and waste my time reading them. Things I care about are: Who you think is scum, why, and where is your vote?

ABR starting a competing wagon on Page 11 which fontisian immediately jumped on is infinitely more interesting than a colored list of WIFOM.

i'm feeling the first part, but not the second. I'm pretty sure font started that wagon.

ZZZX wrote:

And your opinion on me is?

We both know I said I was VLA and I am just back and I cant really handle thinking this game throu yet. I will be here and try to gather as much info as I can and help the town as much as I can.

For now was I asked about something (except my scum reads as I dont have any reliable ones yet) that I didnt asnwer?

my opinion of you is you are scum.

My question was why you didn't talk about the gravedigger claim at the beginning of the game and talked about trivial things instead. And please explain your vote on me too.

I understand your busy ( I usually am too). I just get more suspicious when someone makes a post after i accuse them and say nothing about my read. Take your time, i just want an answer.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:40 am

Post by Unsight »

In post 408, Honey bee wrote:i'm feeling the first part, but not the second. I'm pretty sure font started that wagon.

Oh, so he did.
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by Atum »

In post 392, Honey bee wrote:
@rubicon: my opinion of ZZZX is that he ignored critical discussion to comment on trivial things and then laid a reasonless vote (in my eyes) on me instead of providing a real reason or vote. The fact that he ignored me again just confirms my opinion on him. What made you vote zzzx now?

The reasonless vote thing seems to be occurring quite a bit this game, is your focus on ZZZX mostly OMGUS?

In post 408, Honey bee wrote:
my opinion of you is you are scum.

My question was why you didn't talk about the gravedigger claim at the beginning of the game and talked about trivial things instead. And please explain your vote on me too.

I understand your busy ( I usually am too). I just get more suspicious when someone makes a post after i accuse them and say nothing about my read. Take your time, i just want an answer.

Now that you have a definitive scum read you should tell me 2 more!

@fontisian: How was Billy Joel? Also, has your list of scum reads developed?
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by MadCitrus »

Ika pseudo claimed bomber in Pre game right? Or did honey just slip ika's role? Wtf
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by MadCitrus »

Did ika say he is the bomber or he has the bomb in pregame? On phone
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 73, ika wrote:I mean snow

Im still getting used to how some ppl have different names

Pedit: I work best when everyone's roles are known.

I have a bomb btw
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by Honey bee »

My focus on zzz is that he ignored discussion, and the vote reason on me can't be serious.

I guess I didn't make my reads obvious:
Scum:
Zzzx
Jarg
Heel/mist

And I'm debating on unsight's reads.

I'm pretty sure ika didn't pseudoclaim, he's made his statements on claims very clear.
MadCitrus
MadCitrus
Goon
MadCitrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by MadCitrus »

@ika

Did you claim bomber or were you satiring titus's bomber claim from the other game? Really?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by ika »

In post 415, MadCitrus wrote:@ika

Did you claim bomber or were you satiring titus's bomber claim from the other game? Really?

i dunno you tell me. what would i do if i had a bomb?
fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by fontisian »

In post 405, Unsight wrote:
In post 351, fontisian wrote:Unsight: Are Rubicon and Atum inactive?

In post 349, Unsight wrote:
Basically more of the same. is says all the active people are town and the ,
mostly
, says the inactive people are scum. That's not scum hunting, that's covering your butt.

In post 377, fontisian wrote:3. The picking at a minor wording arrangement was a way of discrediting my attack without directly engaging me. Simply put, it was a cop out.

Kettle meet pot. :facepalm:

Bzzt.

Three of the five people I attacked at the time were inactive, while the other two were active. Considering that a little over half the playerbase was active and active people are easier to clear by virtue of having more content, the proportion of active to inactive in my town reads was reasonable and you deliberately made it sound worse.

Atum: Nope, my reads haven't changed at all. Billy Joel was lovely.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by Titus »

Hiplop replaces Jargonaut. Thank you very much guys!
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:04 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

I've read quite a bit today up to page 13 (I have descending so that's probably 5 for you) and have a few quotes lined up I want to respond to. Will be back tomorrow~
You Are Worth It
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:23 am

Post by hiplop »

Hello, earthlings!

Pre-game is basically just setup discussion. I agree with some of it I suppose.

Hotel Holder is town, I'm pretty damn sure. He is posting vast content in an otherwise empty spot. That doesn't particularily mean its all that helpful, but hes trying despite general MS meta to lay low for the first little bit. Town in my eyes for now. Oh...he left

Fontisan is giving me bad feelings in this part, but other than that basically everyone is just joking around or whatever. Fontisan is trying to act like the town leader in my eyes, but it just seems in credibly artificial. He's different than holder because he is trying to control the town rather than contribute. To me this screams as scum.

Players that haven't seen me in a game before, what's your meta?

I'm always town ;) don't question it ever

Unsight is the GD, eh? I buy it. I think shes town especially due to her cold-feet. I too agree it likely wasn't best, but then again I have never played this setup.

OFFTOPIC: @MadCitrus, you can even iso multiple people at once to get a telling of their relationship. Press the little plus! (its even MORE GLORIOUS!)

Stigmata's 248 is strange as hell to me. MadCitrus made a (somewhat) weak case against him and he got incredibly defensive. That doesn't sit right with me.

In post 256, Rubicon wrote:Towntris is definitely present here.

Citown.

I agree. Citown

Question time!

If you could have picked a role, what would it be?

Are you having fun?

Where else (if applicable) do you play mafia?

Steak or ham?

JESTER, fun., Uhm just a unrelated forum that has some others (faraday and a few others) havent played in a while tho, I'm a pescetarian so neither

In post 316, fontisian wrote:I'll break this game if and when I feel like it.

Right now, Rubicon's imitating his scum play and I want him to die. Whee.

This is the nail in her coffin for me.

VOTE: FOntisan

Grib is a gut read based on tonality. He's not taking a town leadership position like he has in other games (such as the Mini Normal he finished recently), and I wish he would. But he doesn't seem worried about looking town or being caught, either.

This is interesting to me. I assumed he was just lurkish by nature. In other games hes more of a town voice? I will meta him after I finish this post because t hat doesn't sit right with me. Especially with new people who have yet to draw scum?

Oh god a wagon on me right at the start? :o
third best scummer of all time
fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:30 am

Post by fontisian »

Unvote
Vote Hiplop

Be more subtle in avoiding talking about all of my reads that you agree with, won't you.

Why don't you explain why you think Citrus is town, why you think I'm scum (hint: the fact that I'm bringing over my experience in leading more than half of these people doesn't count as a good reason), and what you think of Stigmata?
fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:30 am

Post by fontisian »

Mmm, your top three scumreads in order would also be nice.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:32 am

Post by ika »

In post 420, hiplop wrote:I'm always town don't question it ever

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=44900

you were saying ;)
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:35 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 316, fontisian wrote:I'll break this game if and when I feel like it.

Right now, Rubicon's imitating his scum play and I want him to die. Whee.

did you read my post or just see the vote, font?

And alright: 1) Font
2) Grib
3) Stagmanta
third best scummer of all time

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”