Micro 366: Vengeball (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by phokdapolees »

Vote Count 1.03Rubicon (3): Mr_Ree, ZZZX, BBmolla
Espressojet (2): Espressojet, Rubicon
Mr_Ree (1): Bert
Bert (1): Honey bee

Not Voting: Boonskiies, Drew-Sta

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline in (expired on 2014-08-04 23:00:00)
Last edited by phokdapolees on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by Espressojet »

In post 91, BBmolla wrote:
In post 69, Mr_Ree wrote:That's why I said poorly executed. If you proclaim someone as scum, normally you drop the vote right away, not as an afterthought. After all, they're scum right? Vote them the hell off the island!

I can't vote all the scum though

Molla, you've only thrown out one serious scum vote, and haven't talked much. Would you like to contribute to our discussions or would you like to continue lurking? The only reason not to actively scumhunt right now, regardless of alignment, is to try to not bring any attention to yourself.

In post 96, ZZZX wrote:If a townie gets lynched they must follow one step:

DO NOT BLINDLY OMGUS. 60% of the time the person who started the wagon is town. Scum usually play safer esp first day.

^This

In post 97, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 94, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 89, Espressojet wrote:
In post 79, Boonskiies wrote:WAIT!!! I actually think cappuccino might be scum.

He wanted to wait the day out longer so if Rubicon were to flip Vengeful Townie, he was definitely gonna venge kill his main suspect, right? If mocha is scum, he might be trying to keep away from the possibility that Rubicon has a lower chance of being scum, as he knows himself and his partner, so by probability, rubicon has a good chance of being a vengeful townie, thus ending Latte's streak.

Coffee, what is your reaction to this possibility?

PEdit: I meant espresso by those various coffee types, just in case you didn't catch on.

Well, that's some pretty good logic, but where you fall apart is the fact that
I wasn't trying to get Rubic lynched in the first place
. The only real scumread I have on him is the potential truth in post 78 from ZZZX

That's my point exactly. You wouldn't want him to be lynched as a vengeful townie because he would venge kill you.'

Clarification: You wouldn't want Rubicon
specifically
to flip vengeful townie, because he will venge kill you as you are his main suspicion. So you would want to protect him as much as you can for this round.

I wouldn't want
anybody
to flip town. There's potential for a perfect game here.
In post 98, Mr_Ree wrote:
In post 77, Drew-Sta wrote:So far:
Mr Ree - post appears like you're attempting to downplay a possible slip (I'd say almost protectively, but others also did the same so I am happy to say it isn't based on others responses), almost like you're setting a precedent for what should or shouldn't be read as a slip. Why?

Why do you feel it should it have been read as a slip? I don't feel it was but I'd like to hear why you do.

In post 77, Drew-Sta wrote:Further to this, you seem very interested in the self vote of Nespressojet in - this is curious to me. RVS is, or should be, fairly random. Why does the self vote grab your attention?

Because it was a self vote when suspicion was being directed elsewhere.

It was part of a joke, I just haven't unvoted yet.
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by Espressojet »

That vote count was one minute away from not being at the top of the page
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:54 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 101, Espressojet wrote:
In post 91, BBmolla wrote:
In post 69, Mr_Ree wrote:That's why I said poorly executed. If you proclaim someone as scum, normally you drop the vote right away, not as an afterthought. After all, they're scum right? Vote them the hell off the island!

I can't vote all the scum though

Molla, you've only thrown out one serious scum vote, and haven't talked much. Would you like to contribute to our discussions or would you like to continue lurking? The only reason not to actively scumhunt right now, regardless of alignment, is to try to not bring any attention to yourself.

In post 96, ZZZX wrote:If a townie gets lynched they must follow one step:

DO NOT BLINDLY OMGUS. 60% of the time the person who started the wagon is town. Scum usually play safer esp first day.

^This

In post 97, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 94, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 89, Espressojet wrote:
In post 79, Boonskiies wrote:WAIT!!! I actually think cappuccino might be scum.

He wanted to wait the day out longer so if Rubicon were to flip Vengeful Townie, he was definitely gonna venge kill his main suspect, right? If mocha is scum, he might be trying to keep away from the possibility that Rubicon has a lower chance of being scum, as he knows himself and his partner, so by probability, rubicon has a good chance of being a vengeful townie, thus ending Latte's streak.

PEdit: I meant espresso by those various coffee types, just in case you didn't catch on.

Well, that's some pretty good logic, but where you fall apart is the fact that
I wasn't trying to get Rubic lynched in the first place
. The only real scumread I have on him is the potential truth in post 78 from ZZZX

That's my point exactly. You wouldn't want him to be lynched as a vengeful townie because he would venge kill you.'

Clarification: You wouldn't want Rubicon
specifically
to flip vengeful townie, because he will venge kill you as you are his main suspicion. So you would want to protect him as much as you can for this round.

I wouldn't want
anybody
to flip town. There's potential for a perfect game here.
In post 98, Mr_Ree wrote:
In post 77, Drew-Sta wrote:So far:
Mr Ree - post appears like you're attempting to downplay a possible slip (I'd say almost protectively, but others also did the same so I am happy to say it isn't based on others responses), almost like you're setting a precedent for what should or shouldn't be read as a slip. Why?

Why do you feel it should it have been read as a slip? I don't feel it was but I'd like to hear why you do.

In post 77, Drew-Sta wrote:Further to this, you seem very interested in the self vote of Nespressojet in - this is curious to me. RVS is, or should be, fairly random. Why does the self vote grab your attention?

It was part of a joke, I just haven't unvoted yet.

Afaik for myself self voting is something I do when town but you cant be sure anyway :P
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 101, Espressojet wrote:Molla, you've only thrown out one serious scum vote, and haven't talked much. Would you like to contribute to our discussions or would you like to continue lurking? The only reason not to actively scumhunt right now, regardless of alignment, is to try to not bring any attention to yourself.

I'm not lurking
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by Espressojet »

In post 104, BBmolla wrote:
In post 101, Espressojet wrote:Molla, you've only thrown out one serious scum vote, and haven't talked much. Would you like to contribute to our discussions or would you like to continue lurking? The only reason not to actively scumhunt right now, regardless of alignment, is to try to not bring any attention to yourself.

I'm not lurking

Nullposting then
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Drew is town
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:02 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Mr. Ree defending me is cool but I don't know what it means
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:02 pm

Post by Espressojet »

Nobody should be taking my self vote seriously at this point. It shouldn't be buying me any town or scum points. It literally only exists right now because I thought it would be funny to keep it there. I shall remove it when I cast another vote.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 107, BBmolla wrote:Mr. Ree defending me is cool but I don't know what it means

Again, There is no whiteknighting in this.
redacted
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Post by BBmolla »

One or both of Honey/Bert is scum probably.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 110, BBmolla wrote:One or both of Honey/Bert is scum probably.

Wait.. There is someone called honey in this game?

Time to look for his posts since I didnt notice him at all
redacted
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Exactly
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:11 pm

Post by ZZZX »

so... That was the fastest iso I did in my life... Lol
redacted
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Rubicon »

Mr_Ree is probably scum too.
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

Long post, so I may have missed a few recent ones by mistake.

@ZZXXXEWAFAFAS

Spoiler:
I have a theory. Blue scum is 50% more likely to pick on that slip since they will believe it is more real (you got what I mean?)

which is really interesting. Since if you were werewolf in another game and you saw something hunting for WW and not mafia and it seemed like a slip the WW will be more likely to notice it.

Makes sense. But exactly what does that mean to people responding to the supposed slip? Are you suggesting we can identify blue mafia based on their response to it? Thereby, highlighting Mr Ree as likely Blue?

@ Boons
Spoiler:
WAIT!!! I actually think cappuccino might be scum.

Firstly, :lol: Secondly, I agree there is some solid logic there. The problem is three people (you included) came to George Clooney's defense - sorta. You, ZZZXXXXX and Mr Rhee all claimed it wasn't a slip (or put doubt into it being a slip. This could mean a number of things:

* One of you three are his scum-buddy and Rubi is town
* None of you are his scum-buddy and Rubi is mafia (red or blue)
* Rubi is attempting to bus his scum-buddy to get town cred.
* George Clooney is mafia, and Rubi is right, and you three are derping

Which is it, is the question. I'm erring on the 2nd and 3rd points right now. Boon, remember what I did to ILF in my last game with you? Same kinda situation.

@ Mr Rhee
Spoiler:
P-edit @Drew: wut? I'm the one saying his vote makes sense based on the conversation leading up to it.

If I wanted to make a case against him, I'd point out that the actual vote came after Boon voiced support for the wagon, which would put it at L-1 if he hopped on.

I'm suggesting your suggestion is incorrect, and Molla's vote was not poorly timed and simply reads like he pressed the submit button too quick, rather than him being 'opportunistic'.

I agree the vote seems somewhat opportunistic given Boon's prior vote, but I still think its a stretch ATM.

I'm not suggesting it should be read as anything. I'm interested in peoples reaction to it and discussion of it. In my experience, mafia tend to make more slips than people recognise (generally). How people react to what they perceive is a slip often generates positive movement in identifying intent or agenda.

You are suggesting it is not a slip. There's four situations:

1 - the slip is genuine, and you are:
* Defending your buddy
* Not reading it as a slip
2 - the slip is not genuine, and you are:
* Genuinely defending it as a non-slip
* Attempting to get cred / white knight

This is what I'm curious to.

This doesn't make sense. It was RVS. He seemed to be taking the piss (I believe, anyway - I could be wrong and he's self voting to try and leave no trace as to his RVS intent); and if suspicion was elsewhere, why would he want to draw suspicion to himself with a self-vote?

The fact you picked up on it, in RVS, is curious.

@ Rubicon
Spoiler:
boon asked me what I thought about my wagon, and then people wanted to talk about molla.

51 is the opposite of defensive so I dunno what to think about you calling it that. if you disagree with it, you should talk about why you disagree.

Perhaps defensive is the wrong word; you appear to get into a justification argument for why you think that. Those types of arguments ring bells for me.

I might be overthinking it.

Espresso's reaction included a possible scumslip in the phrasing 'out me as mafia'. Molla's jump on was shit. Boonskiies is town. You might be town.

You think its possible that Molla is defending George Clooney? Scum-partnering? I'd like to hear more thoughts on this please.

@ George Clooney - Nespresso Icon

Spoiler:
@Drew: Your reads list is full of a lot of nothing, why did you bother posting a full list?

For this reason:

All based off the pushing and prodding. They're pretty loose but hopefully this will generate some discussion.

You have to start somewhere, and my post seems to have helped generate discussion. How people react to those lists are interesting. You seem pretty up tight about it. Pinch a nerve on your scum-buddy? :wink:
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 107, BBmolla wrote:Mr. Ree defending me is cool but I don't know what it means

I'm genuinely thinking WK'ing at the moment. It is... odd.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by Rubicon »

I'm very confused by the Clooney thing.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by Bert »

I'm willing to lynch anyone for a 50% chance of hitting scum. Odds can't get better. Aye?
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 116, Drew-Sta wrote:

I'm genuinely thinking WK'ing at the moment. It is... odd.

Further to this, he picked you out then seems to have back tracked? IDK - might be tunneling on my part, but he's not been consistent at all yet.
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:43 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 117, Rubicon wrote:I'm very confused by the Clooney thing.

Just a play on words. Esperesso ---> Nespresso ---> George Clooney, Nespresso Icon.

Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 118, Bert wrote:I'm willing to lynch anyone for a 50% chance of hitting scum. Odds can't get better. Aye?

It gets better, me Boon and ZZZX are town. I'm not sure how scum ever wins this setup.
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 118, Bert wrote:I'm willing to lynch anyone for a 50% chance of hitting scum. Odds can't get better. Aye?

Yeah... nah.

Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by Bert »

Scum won the last time the setup was played. I was in that game.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 115, Drew-Sta wrote:
boon asked me what I thought about my wagon, and then people wanted to talk about molla.

51 is the opposite of defensive so I dunno what to think about you calling it that. if you disagree with it, you should talk about why you disagree.

Perhaps defensive is the wrong word; you appear to get into a justification argument for why you think that. Those types of arguments ring bells for me.

I might be overthinking it.

No, I said (or at least implied) that I phrased my original question as a question because it wasn't scummy of him to say "blue team". Then he did something else that is scummy.

Why do you keep saying you 'might be overthinking it'?

Espresso's reaction included a possible scumslip in the phrasing 'out me as mafia'. Molla's jump on was shit. Boonskiies is town. You might be town.

You think its possible that Molla is defending George Clooney? Scum-partnering? I'd like to hear more thoughts on this please.[/quote]
molla is in the category of players whose interactions I don't try to analyze.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”