Micro 366: Vengeball (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 73, ZZZX wrote:I actually got a weird idea.

Here is a question that might give us info

Who were the most people who pushed esp's post as scummy etc?

It was really just Rubicon.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by Rubicon »

I'm the only one who's called espresso scum, pretty sure.

Interested to see where you're going with it.
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

So far:

* Boon - town
* Molla - null (Due to a previous game, need to be more wary of my reads on him)
* Nespresso - null leaning town
* Mr Ree - null leaning mafia
* Rubicon - null leaning mafia
* Bert - nothing
* Honeybee - nothing
* ZZZXXXSSSDWECSSADFQWEASDF - nothing

All based off the pushing and prodding. They're pretty loose but hopefully this will generate some discussion.

UNVOTE:

I'd be quite happy to move out of RVS given what I've seen.

--

Mr Ree - post appears like you're attempting to downplay a possible slip (I'd say almost protectively, but others also did the same so I am happy to say it isn't based on others responses), almost like you're setting a precedent for what should or shouldn't be read as a slip. Why?

Further to this, you seem very interested in the self vote of Nespressojet in - this is curious to me. RVS is, or should be, fairly random. Why does the self vote grab your attention?

Rubi - in you pick up on an assumed 'tell', but then get quite defensive of that in . Your focus then seems to shift almost seamlessly to Molla in and - why the rapid shift? Why not place more pressure on George Clooney (Nespresso)? I might be over reading here, but both your posts appear to be throwing mud, without actually pressuring them. Generating dirt on players that can be used later is... interesting.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Post by ZZZX »

I have a theory. Blue scum is 50% more likely to pick on that slip since they will believe it is more real (you got what I mean?)

which is really interesting. Since if you were werewolf in another game and you saw something hunting for WW and not mafia and it seemed like a slip the WW will be more likely to notice it.
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

WAIT!!! I actually think cappuccino might be scum.

He wanted to wait the day out longer so if Rubicon were to flip Vengeful Townie, he was definitely gonna venge kill his main suspect, right? If mocha is scum, he might be trying to keep away from the possibility that Rubicon has a lower chance of being scum, as he knows himself and his partner, so by probability, rubicon has a good chance of being a vengeful townie, thus ending Latte's streak.

Coffee, what is your reaction to this possibility?

PEdit: I meant espresso by those various coffee types, just in case you didn't catch on.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by Espressojet »

In post 72, ZZZX wrote:With 2 scum teams I think the common scum hunting methods are not really 100% effective as both scum teams will have to actually to try scum hunt for scum so its actually easier to appear townie.

Oh my god, I never even thought about that!

Like, seriously, this post looks super sarcastic, but I'm actually going to have to go back and reread this thread with this in mind...
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:15 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

In post 58, Mr_Ree wrote:Poorly executed,
not shit. Sort of opportunistic but made sense with the flow of conversation at the time.
He should have voted when he proclaimed Rubicon as scum.

In post 68, Drew-Sta wrote:
In post 58, Mr_Ree wrote:Poorly executed,
not shit. Sort of opportunistic but made sense with the flow of conversation at the time.
He should have voted when he proclaimed Rubicon as scum.

In post 45, BBmolla wrote:Rubi is scum

In post 47, BBmolla wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Rubicon

Err, he did - within two posts. Seemed more like he realised after the fact he hadn't voted, then did.

Some interesting posts now I've worken up and all you lot have had a few things to say.

In post 69, Mr_Ree wrote:That's why I said poorly executed. If you proclaim someone as scum, normally you drop the vote right away, not as an afterthought. After all, they're scum right? Vote them the hell off the island!

@Espresso: I read fine. Perhaps you have issues with comprehension.

P-edit @Drew: wut? I'm the one saying his vote makes sense based on the conversation leading up to it.

If I wanted to make a case against him, I'd point out that the actual vote came after Boon voiced support for the wagon, which would put it at L-1 if he hopped on.
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:15 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 77, Drew-Sta wrote:Rubi - in you pick up on an assumed 'tell', but then get quite defensive of that in . Your focus then seems to shift almost seamlessly to Molla in and - why the rapid shift? Why not place more pressure on George Clooney (Nespresso)? I might be over reading here, but both your posts appear to be throwing mud, without actually pressuring them. Generating dirt on players that can be used later is... interesting.

boon asked me what I thought about my wagon, and then people wanted to talk about molla.

51 is the opposite of defensive so I dunno what to think about you calling it that. if you disagree with it, you should talk about why you disagree.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 80, Espressojet wrote:
In post 72, ZZZX wrote:With 2 scum teams I think the common scum hunting methods are not really 100% effective as both scum teams will have to actually to try scum hunt for scum so its actually easier to appear townie.

Oh my god, I never even thought about that!

Like, seriously, this post looks super sarcastic, but I'm actually going to have to go back and reread this thread with this in mind...

I had to say it since people were hinting at using the simple ways of scumhunting which would only get town in circles.
redacted
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 78, ZZZX wrote:I have a theory. Blue scum is 50% more likely to pick on that slip since they will believe it is more real (you got what I mean?)

which is really interesting. Since if you were werewolf in another game and you saw something hunting for WW and not mafia and it seemed like a slip the WW will be more likely to notice it.

that's one of the reasons why I pointed it out. multiball reaction test.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 84, Rubicon wrote:
In post 78, ZZZX wrote:I have a theory. Blue scum is 50% more likely to pick on that slip since they will believe it is more real (you got what I mean?)

that's one of the reasons why I pointed it out. multiball reaction test.

so, What did you get so far>?
redacted
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by Rubicon »

Espresso's reaction included a possible scumslip in the phrasing 'out me as mafia'. Molla's jump on was shit. Boonskiies is town. You might be town.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:19 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I get what you are saying here, and I totally agree with it.

PEdit: I know espresso's playstyle, plus play in FtF with him.

If I wanted to make a case against him, I'd point out that the actual vote came after Boon voiced support for the wagon, which would put it at L-1 if he hopped on.

I'm actually not entirely sure what you mean here. I never put a vote on Rubi; I wasn't completely convinced.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:21 pm

Post by ZZZX »

I can see what rubi said but I am not totally convinced about it. I will leave my vote for a bit.
redacted
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by Espressojet »

In post 79, Boonskiies wrote:WAIT!!! I actually think cappuccino might be scum.

He wanted to wait the day out longer so if Rubicon were to flip Vengeful Townie, he was definitely gonna venge kill his main suspect, right? If mocha is scum, he might be trying to keep away from the possibility that Rubicon has a lower chance of being scum, as he knows himself and his partner, so by probability, rubicon has a good chance of being a vengeful townie, thus ending Latte's streak.

PEdit: I meant espresso by those various coffee types, just in case you didn't catch on.

Well, that's some pretty good logic, but where you fall apart is the fact that I wasn't trying to get Rubic lynched in the first place. The only real scumread I have on him is the potential truth in post 78 from ZZZX

-----

@Drew: Your reads list is full of a lot of nothing, why did you bother posting a full list?
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 89, Espressojet wrote:

Well, that's some pretty good logic, but where you fall apart is the fact that I wasn't trying to get Rubic lynched in the first place. The only real scumread I have on him is the potential truth in post 78 from ZZZX

-----

@Drew: Your reads list is full of a lot of nothing, why did you bother posting a full list?

How should I read that?

The only scumread on rubi is from ZZZX's 78 post
or The only scumread on ZZZX is from his post 78?

Sorry but my english isnt perfect so sometimes I run into those props :<
redacted
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 69, Mr_Ree wrote:That's why I said poorly executed. If you proclaim someone as scum, normally you drop the vote right away, not as an afterthought. After all, they're scum right? Vote them the hell off the island!

I can't vote all the scum though
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by BBmolla »

If only I was a quintuple voter :(
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 91, BBmolla wrote:

Why does this feel like a muiltiball slip/miswording to me?
redacted
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:36 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Well, that's some pretty good logic, but where you fall apart is the fact that
I wasn't trying to get Rubic lynched in the first place
. The only real scumread I have on him is the potential truth in post 78 from ZZZX

That's my point exactly. You wouldn't want him to be lynched as a vengeful townie because he would venge kill you.'

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 93, ZZZX wrote:
In post 91, BBmolla wrote:

Why does this feel like a muiltiball slip/miswording to me?

ignore this. I feel so stubid.
redacted
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by ZZZX »

If a townie gets lynched they must follow one step:

DO NOT BLINDLY OMGUS. 60% of the time the person who started the wagon is town. Scum usually play safer esp first day.
redacted
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 94, Boonskiies wrote:

Well, that's some pretty good logic, but where you fall apart is the fact that
I wasn't trying to get Rubic lynched in the first place
. The only real scumread I have on him is the potential truth in post 78 from ZZZX

That's my point exactly. You wouldn't want him to be lynched as a vengeful townie because he would venge kill you.'

Clarification: You wouldn't want Rubicon
specifically
to flip vengeful townie, because he will venge kill you as you are his main suspicion. So you would want to protect him as much as you can for this round.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

In post 77, Drew-Sta wrote:So far:
Mr Ree - post appears like you're attempting to downplay a possible slip (I'd say almost protectively, but others also did the same so I am happy to say it isn't based on others responses), almost like you're setting a precedent for what should or shouldn't be read as a slip. Why?

Why do you feel it should it have been read as a slip? I don't feel it was but I'd like to hear why you do.

In post 77, Drew-Sta wrote:Further to this, you seem very interested in the self vote of Nespressojet in - this is curious to me. RVS is, or should be, fairly random. Why does the self vote grab your attention?

Because it was a self vote when suspicion was being directed elsewhere.
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by Espressojet »

@ZZZX What I was trying to say is this: The only hint of scum I'm getting from Rubicon so far is the same evidence you said yourself in post 78. I already felt that way, but you laid it out in your post for me. (I can try to clarify more of this or anything else if need be. Good on you for learning another language by the way)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”