Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I don't believe that DGB's response was appropriate for any protown player. If someone is lurking and completely not posting, the first response should be to try and prod them and see if they even remember the game exists, rather than accusing them of tactical lurking.

Mod: Prod Mr. Flay
Permanent V/LA.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 5:46 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I don't believe that DGB's response was appropriate for any protown player.
ORLY???

C'mon, MoS, you are showing your hand a little too much, maybe. You know me. You know I am never "appropriate."

SV sure didn't need to be prodded, she recently showed up and then resumed ignoring this game. Even you wouldn't bring up a "prod" of SV. Your so-called "point" is confined to the attention I am suddenly paying to Flay.

Am I getting this right?

I tried to RIGHTLY draw attention to SV's and Flay's lurking. Your reaction is to divert this attention back to me, because I voted Flay instead of merely requesting a prod. Well sorry MoS, but it looks like tactical lurking to me, and no amount of prodding will erase the appearance that tactical lurking was ocurring up to the moment the player receives his prod.

I wonder who you are protecting. Spectrumvoid, or Flay? I can't decide.

See, you're telling me that accusing some players of tactical lurking is not pro-town. Uh? Since when? So your comment is cock'n'bull. You have requested the mod to prod Flay. Are you worried your scumbuddy might gather some flak for lurking? Do you want him to defend himself NOW before it's too late, a tactic you claimed to employ for yourself in this very game? Or are your seeking reinforcement against me?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 5:54 am

Post by mneme »

DrippingGoofball wrote:You are a slick one. How can I avoid answering your question without moving closer to being cult bait, or affirming my townieness? I'd have to answer something like "I might be scum or town...
Say what?

The whole purpose of questioning is to determine who's scum (and lynch them). So yes, I want you affirming your townieness (if by that you mean "not scum", not "not scum or a power role"), or confirming your scumminess.

And it's easy to avoid answering my question. "I'm not answering your question, since it doesn't help the town." Anyways, you did answer my question, so I owe Raffles an answer:

Raffles, -any- power role that can find out information (even by inference, like a role blocker) is at least somewhat verifiable. As such, they are low priorities (regardless of which one they are) for lynching, so until later in the game, you basically don't lynch them. Scum, however, have different priorities -- if there's a single "out" role and they don't know which one it is, they've got big double-think issues -- because if it's not the doc, it's probably protected, whereas if it is, they want it dead. (multiple out roles make this slightly easier for scum). So scum want to know not just "does someone have a role" but "which one", but all the town needs at this point is "does someone ahve a role that falls into this set of charactaristics to explain this behavior".

Basically, the question is whether the efforts DGB has put into derailing your wagon match what she's said, or whether they feel excessive enough (or otherwise off) to be scummy.

DGB, I don't find what I've seen of your style suspicious, but this one point is, to me.
Did I say too much?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 6:01 am

I'd ask "which point" but I bet you can find 100 reasons to find me scummy, even without looking too hard. Don't worry, you'll find out my alignment tomorrow morning, after I am nighkilled, haha. Do you think the scum will suffer me to live one more day after pulling all the stunts I have pulled today?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 6:18 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:I'd ask "which point" but I bet you can find 100 reasons to find me scummy, even without looking too hard. Don't worry, you'll find out my alignment tomorrow morning, after I am nighkilled, haha. Do you think the scum will suffer me to live one more day after pulling all the stunts I have pulled today?
yes.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 6:19 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:I don't believe that DGB's response was appropriate for any protown player.
ORLY???

C'mon, MoS, you are showing your hand a little too much, maybe. You know me. You know I am never "appropriate."

SV sure didn't need to be prodded, she recently showed up and then resumed ignoring this game. Even you wouldn't bring up a "prod" of SV. Your so-called "point" is confined to the attention I am suddenly paying to Flay.

Am I getting this right?

I tried to RIGHTLY draw attention to SV's and Flay's lurking. Your reaction is to divert this attention back to me, because I voted Flay instead of merely requesting a prod. Well sorry MoS, but it looks like tactical lurking to me, and no amount of prodding will erase the appearance that tactical lurking was ocurring up to the moment the player receives his prod.

See, you're telling me that accusing some players of tactical lurking is not pro-town. Uh? Since when? So your comment is cock'n'bull. You have requested the mod to prod Flay. Are you worried your scumbuddy might gather some flak for lurking? Do you want him to defend himself NOW before it's too late, a tactic you claimed to employ for yourself in this very game? Or are your seeking reinforcement against me?
no.
Permanent V/LA.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 7:07 am

Cute "yes/no" answers. I'd prefer if you elaborated on your responses. Especially when answering "no" to a post with more than one question, you vaseline-covered slippery scumbuddy of Flay's.

mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 10:40 am

Post by mneme »

DB isn't wrong here -- MoS has been supportive of Flay all game (see posts 864 and 865), and it's entirely reasonable to suggest that someone is tactically lurking in a game when they haven't posted for 12 days and are very active on the rest of the site.

That said, cut-dead lurking seems out of character here. Not necessarily un-suspicious, especially given the MoS link, mind.
Did I say too much?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 1:15 am

SV continues to ignore this game today, while active elsewhere.

But between tactical lurker Flay and tactical lurker SV, I would be more inclined to lynch Flay, since MoS jumped to his rescue before things got out of hand. A tactic MoS uses for himself to avoid being wagoned. Smells like scumbuddies.

Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 5:23 am

Post by Phoebus »

Vote count:

1 bird1111 (theopor_COD)
2 Battle Mage (Akbar, IH)
2 Dripping Goofball (mneme, Mastermind of Sin)
2 mneme (Raffles, Shanba)
1 Mr. Flay (Dripping Goofball)
1 PBuG (Battle Mage)
5 Raffles (Fuldu, Kison, Mr. Flay, PBuG, spectrumvoid)

Not voting: 5

10 to lynch
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 5:34 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Back. Nope, not tactical lurking. All large games + games I recently replaced into suffered the same fate by my hand as this one.

As a big favour, I need some people to outline cases. Who's scummy? Who's not scummy? What's been going on the last *gulp* 40-odd pages or so?
Blank.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 5:56 am

Post by mneme »

SV, I'd actually rather, if you can find the time, you read the thread and came to your own conclusions on this. Otherwise, you risk us reprising the entire game -- and more importantly, having your decisions shaped only by the loudest players. But you know this.

SV's claim is at least somewhat bourne out by the record, I think. See Kingmaker II (5/15) andOpen 17.

That said, she's insanely active, so it's pretty hard to draw any conclusions from anything.
Did I say too much?
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 6:06 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

And mini 424. And mafia vs wolves...

I'd prefer if I have some idea of major events. I've skimmed through the thread already. I will be going through in detail, and checking some player's posts in isolation for consistency.
Blank.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 6:18 am

I would like your opinion on Flay, MoS, Raffles and PBuG. Thanks ahead, spectrumvoidie.

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 8:52 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm way behind with this game again, however I notice N9V still hasn't answered my question at him. I'd prefer a push on him to get him to respond, Bird needs replacing.
Unvote, Vote N9V

I'll re-read and post something hopefully worthwhile although DGB's recent play strikes me as better she seems to be actively hunting scum although her diversion of the Raffles wagon could prove useful when/if his alignment is known.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 10:57 pm

Post by Raffles »

Is it really a better plan to focus on one person? The way I feel, no one is properly scum hunting in this game. Everyone is just looking for someone to pin up on the wall.

Other games I'm in, everyone is scrutinizing each other's posts to great depth, pointing things out when they are spotted. In this game I feel that blatant foul plays are being ignored.
Woof!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 12:56 am

Raffles, would you mind checking out Flay and MoS? Your opinion please.

Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 2:40 am

Post by Raffles »

Sure, I'll do it in 2 days time.
Woof!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i think Bird does need replacing, as he has been replaced in Wolves.
N9V should be around as he just started modding a game lol
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 9:22 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:Cute "yes/no" answers. I'd prefer if you elaborated on your responses. Especially when answering "no" to a post with more than one question, you vaseline-covered slippery scumbuddy of Flay's.
Let me break it up for you.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
ORLY???

Am I getting this right?
no.

no.

[/quote]See, you're telling me that accusing some players of tactical lurking is not pro-town. Uh? Since when? So your comment is cock'n'bull. You have requested the mod to prod Flay. Are you worried your scumbuddy might gather some flak for lurking?[/quote]

no.
Do you want him to defend himself NOW before it's too late, a tactic you claimed to employ for yourself in this very game?
no. Where did I claim such a thing?
Or are your seeking reinforcement against me?
no.
Permanent V/LA.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 9:34 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Do you want him to defend himself NOW before it's too late, a tactic you claimed to employ for yourself in this very game?
Soon after I replaced, and started to suspect you. You waaaaay over-reacted, remember?

You explained your surprising explosion by saying something to the effect that you wanted to nip it inthe bud before it snowballed.

TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 10:05 am

Post by TBuG »

Unvote, Vote: DGB

I think MoS is town right now, and DGB is attacking him relentlessly.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 11:34 am

PBuG wrote:
Unvote, Vote: DGB

I think MoS is town right now, and DGB is attacking him relentlessly.
You are well aware of my playstyle. No one is safe.

You are reacting to yet another over-reaction of MoS's. All I have to say is about MoS is that *maybe* he is a *little scummy*, and *maybe* in cahoots with MrFlay, and MoS flies right off the handle.

I don't think MoS is so "townie" that I would be voting against someone who would say that he's done a suspicious thing or two, if I were you. Because MoS is not particularly "townie" especially as of late, your defense of him is noted, and a scum tickmark added next to your name.

At this time I am laboring to get a reaction from Flay, who set up a bomb, and flew to Lurkia to avoid getting egg on his face, I think. I want to shake Flay a little.

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 4:37 pm

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Soon after I replaced, and started to suspect you. You waaaaay over-reacted, remember?
no.
You explained your surprising explosion by saying something to the effect that you wanted to nip it inthe bud before it snowballed.
Yea, I just didn't catch the reference from your wording. I was interpreting it differently.
Permanent V/LA.
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 5:21 pm

Post by ~N9V~ »

Post your Q again THeo,and I'll postan answer.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”