Over, town wins!

• Players alive:
    4/21
  • ThAdmiral
    replaced PBuG

• The Fonz
    replaced spectrumvoid

• Fritzler
    replaced The Greg (who replaced Wizardcat)

• Thok
    replaced XReyoX

Players dead:
    17/21
  • OverTheUnder - Retired Cop/
    Lycanthrope
    - Banished - Day 1
  • al4xz - ESE Member - Strangled - Night 1
  • Mr. Flay -
    Gardener at the Lovato Estate
    - Dropped dead - Day 2
  • mneme
    replaced Scarecrow
    - Baker - Baked to a crisp - Night 2
  • IH - Mayor of Lupieri - Voted out of office - Day 3
  • DrippingGoofball - Silversmith - Bludgeoned - Night 3
  • Shanba - Strongman - Eaten - Night 3
  • Mastermind of Sin -
    Lycanthrope
    - Shot - Night 3
  • bird1111 -
    Mistress of Lucius Lovato
    - Hanged - Day 4
  • ~N9V~ - Magistrate of Lupieri - Murdered - Night 4
  • theopor_COD -
    Butler at the Lovato Estate
    - Banished - Day 5
  • Kison - Witch - Dropped dead - Day 5
  • Lowell
    replaced Zindaras/Der Hammer
    - Gypsy - Eaten - Night 5
  • Battle Mage - Miller - Banished - Day 6
    No one died - Night 6.
  • Setael
    replaced Celtic18 (who replaced Fuldu)
    -
    Lucius Lovato
    - Lynched - Day 7
    No one died - Night 7.
  • Tarhalindur
    replaced Raffles
    - Blacksmith - lynched - Day 8
    No one died - Night 8.
  • Kakeng
    replaced Akbar
    , Doctor/
    Lycanthrope
    - lynched - Day 9
Last edited by Phoebus on Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:33 am, edited 13 times in total.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:00 am

Post by Phoebus »

An ever evolving brew:

• Nights will last around 72 hours or so. If night choices come in earlier, it will dawn earlier.
  • Days will last as long as they need to. If discussion lags, I will impose two deadlines. The first may be rescinded or extended. The second will be final and binding.
  • Votes must be in
    bold
    . If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
  • Unvoting has been made redundant. Just make sure your votes are bold.
  • Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded.
  • You may
    vote: no lynch
    – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death. Once a player votes no lynch, it will be taken that he has gone home and may not post again that day unless he gets half a majority of votes required to lynch him.
  • At deadline, half majority or more will constitute a lynch. First come, first served. Less than half majority = no lynch. Endgame (6 players or less) will require fully majority regardless of deadline.
  • The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
  • Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing.
  • Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts
  • Don’t quote any messages from me. You are liable to get mod-killed if you do.
  • If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me I will make a choice for you, the first time - which might result you being quite unhappy. From the second instance onwards, it will be forfeit.
  • If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
  • I should post a vote count, ever so often, maybe every page or every alternate one. Please feel free to request one should you deem it necessary.
  • If you have any questions, you can pm me or ask in the thread. I'll get back to you as soon as possible, and with the best explanation that I can. You can also pm me if you want to tell someone about your day, or you thought something another player wrote was funny, or just to say hi. :D
  • I am always right, but not always accurate. If I've made a mistake, please tell my by email as soon as possible. If you try to notify me in thread, I'll have to to edit your post and you will most likely be mod-killed.
  • Most importantly...this is a game and we're here to have fun. Do your part.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:15 am

Post by Phoebus »

*clip clop clip clop*

The horses’ hooves trot merrily down the shaded road along the river as you make your way towards Lupieri. There is a gentle breeze that caresses the water, causing it to ripple as you gaze around and take in the paradoxically vibrant hues of autumn as Nature throws off the last vestiges of summer and prepares to de-robe Herself for the coming winter, when she should be covering herself in all sorts of layers; but no one has claimed to be able to read Her mind and probably, no one ever will.

For the time being, the weather is mild and the countryside pleasant, the coach moves along steadily as the harness bells tinkle in rhythm to the clip clop of the horses’ hooves.

Finally, as the sun begins to dip nearer to the horizon, painting the sky in shades of orange to match the foliage around you, you see the milestone which indicates the arrival of Lupieri. It is as if that boundary stone heralds the character of the village you are about to enter and there is a slight sense of foreboding as you pass into the village’s boundaries.
Your coach driver, on whose face you’d seen the merest flicker at the mention of Lupieri, when asking for a fare, a taciturn man apparently, seems to become even more rigid as the fork towards the village green appears. He halts long enough for you to get off, tosses down your luggage after you and gives his reins a twitch, the horses taking off eagerly, even as they waited whickering softly and shying away from the fork, towards the open highway. He does not even wait to collect his fare, rare behaviour in a coach driver.

Slightly puzzled, you make your way up the fork towards the village green. The shade of the trees along the road is still enough to cast a dappled shadow along your path, enough to make your eyes see things that might not be there and your mind play tricks on you.
You are not too much of a timid person but even then the atmosphere makes you a little jumpy.

As you walk away from the river, towards the green, you notice a flock of goats being driven by a young boy of about 11, going home after their daily grazing. While most children skip, whistle and sing when tending their flocks, this one seems unusually quiet. He seems to be on the lookout for something. Naturally, part of his job is to keep wolves from running off with the livestock but then one doesn’t find wolves this close to human habitation. What could it be?

You pass a group of wagons on the outskirt of the village and for some time you walk on with only the rustling of the leaves for company, until you reach the village green, a big circular clearing in the center of the village with roads leading off in various directions.

It seems to have the regular amenities any village might offer. The dispensary, the courthouse, the merchants and craftsmen have their shops and the mansion of the local squire can be seen some distance away to your right. A magnificent mansion but one which seems to radiate a steel-edged pride in its sheer, precise beauty.

It seems to be like any other sort of village but the deep sense of unease which took you at the milestone still haunts you and what’s more, the unnatural silence of the villagers adds to the sinister feeling. At sundown, when everyone returns from their daily work, there is generally a bustle about the place as neighbours and acquaintances greet each other, on their way home and to dinner. There might be the odd impromptu invitation to join someone, for that special pot roast that they like or perhaps the men loiter around the inn while their wives finish cooking.

However, as you approach the inn, you notice none of this. Instead, you see more quiet people, casting furtive glances into the shadows, people who, if at all they stop, hold hurried whispered conversations and then move away as quickly as possible as if some spectre looms over their shoulders.

The inn-keeper seems surprised at the opportunity of some custom, almost ill-pleased but being the business-like person she is, she conceals her surprise quickly. Almost.

You notice that the inn is empty except for you and you are given accommodation right away, with the inn-keeper’s husband carrying away your luggage to your room. You make inquiries about dinner and also about Lupieri itself.
You are told that rabbit stew, bread, local cheese, wine and some fruit are one the menu tonight but she seems strangely reluctant to engage in conversation – uncharacteristic in an inn-keeper.

You have come to this place for a change of scene, a change of vocation. You hope to get a job with the Lovato family, away in the mansion. You have certain skills which they might find useful, as news on the air suggests.
However, you can’t quite help but wonder why this place seems just a little unreal to you, as you go up to your room and to bed.

Perhaps it is just your imagination. Perhaps it is the long journey which has tired you and it is nothing but your fancy. Perhaps you will wake up tomorrow, feeling refreshed and knowing that you can laugh at yourself for your vague fancies. Perhaps.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Phoebus »

Some distance away, a mournful rooster crows feebly and you rise with a start. Your head is buzzing due to a lack of sleep and your eyes feel leaden but your eyelids seem starched open.

You've been waiting tremulously, for some sign of life. Wondering whether you will get up at all on this new day. The fact is, you never went off to sleep but waited, nervously, wondering when the shadows would fall across your door and wondering what nature of evil was stalking the town of Lupieri.

For as you went up to sleep, some manner of insects, possibly some cousin of the gnats and midges was keeping you awake. The annoying bites continued until you were too drowsy to care or notice; but just as you were about to nod off and visit oblivion, you heard the most blood-curdling noise, you'd ever heard. Halfway between a howl and human screaming, it was a mixture of anguish and hatred that you feel even now, with the sun up but your world suddenly seems pale and lifeless.

The howling snapped you right out of your stupor and it was followed by human screams, returned almost to their primieval state and a series of growls and snarls.

The feral cacophony of sounds seemed to go on forever and you understood somewhat, the fear gripping this particular town, being put right in its midst, in a manner of speaking.

However, as you hear the crowing now, you thank your lucky stars and pray to a Power you have not invoked in many a year, praising Grace and resolving never to stray from the right path again. You abandon your aims of finding work at the manor and decide to leave right away. You think that it's a mercy that you did not unpack in the evening and determined to leave, whether there is a coach available so early in the morning or not, you don't even bother washing off the grime of the night and start on your way.

As you settle your bill and start briskly out of the village, you notice the populace of Lupieri making its way to the village green. Many vacant faces stare at you, through you, and once again you thank your stars that Providence seems to have spared you and while you pity the villagers of Lupieri, you're glad that you don't have to be around to solve their problem.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:03 am

Post by Phoebus »

Awake, people of Lupieri!

21 of you remain, makes it 11 votes to lynch.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:22 am

Post by remussaidow »

random
vote: spectrumvoid
For tricking me in newbie 300 so easily!

i.e. theres no real reason at all
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:24 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Romulus and Remus were raised by the Capitoline Wolf. That makes
Vote: remussaidow
the obvious choice to eliminate therians from our small town.
Retired as of October 2014.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:26 am

Post by remussaidow »

wow...

thats the best reason for a first vote ever...
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Raffles »

Vote: XReyoX.
I know him and knowing his luck, he would be a wolf.
Woof!
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Goon
Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:13 am

Post by Scarecrow »

Vote: Kison
For no reason at all.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

remussaidow wrote:wow...

thats the best reason for a first vote ever...
I don't Random Vote. 8)
Retired as of October 2014.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:47 am

Post by XReyoX »

Raffles wrote:
Vote: XReyoX.
I know him and knowing his luck, he would be a wolf.
Eh? Why do you think being a hairy wolf is lucky? A better chance of winning? or is it that they can sitting behind the screen and laugh at me and other townies fighting against ourselves trying to lynch each other?

Just thought of something. I guess I'll call myself " No Lynch " next time to grant myself the ultimate immunity to the lynch. I could call myself " myself " as well to bound the vote back to anyone who is against me.

Anyway, back to the story.

As Reyo continues his journey down the green, he notices a scent of smell swirlling in the air as the wind blows. Staring back at the unfamiliar faces approaches them, he realizes that the smell is really.... coppery. It's metallic and sour as the air went down his throat. "What could this odour be? ". While he is still wondering, an unpleasent feeling carries up from his toe to his spine. Turning his head around, he catches a glimpse of evil from a hooded villager behind him.

Vote: Raffles
Vote: Raffles Vote: Raffles Vote: Raffles Vote: Raffles Vote: Raffles Vote: Raffles Vote: Raffles Vote: Raffles Vote: Raffles Vote: Raffles

We can lynch now. 11 votes reached.
You evil person! Trying to kill me on day 1 in my first game ? :(
Perhap you should die so that you can concentrate on your other games. Wasn't you complaining that you've got too many games to handle atm?
I'll give you some help then.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:57 am

Post by IH »

Vote:Flay

He doesn't random vote! Scum!

= )
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:49 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote: IH
for acting like he thought I was skilled in the signup thread :P
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:17 am

Post by Raffles »

Hey hey hey, I wasn't the one who had the ultimate sneak attack that can kill deity in one hit... :lol:
XReyoX" wrote: they can sitting behind the screen and laugh at me and other townies fighting against ourselves trying to lynch each other?
Precisely. Exactly the sort of thing you would do. For all I can speculate you've hacked yourself into the mod's computer and sent out all the PMs for your advantage. And on top of that, you've somehow hacked into the Mod's brains and given yourself lynch -99999 so you can't lose. After having done all that, you've laughed manically at your computer screen like I've known you to do.
XReyoX wrote: I'll give you some help then.
He is willing to finish me off already! A
blatant
scum-tell.
Woof!
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:53 am

Post by Kison »

Vote : bird1111

Die, scum!
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:16 am

Post by XReyoX »

Raffles wrote:Hey hey hey, I wasn't the one who had the ultimate sneak attack that can kill deity in one hit... :lol:
What does D&D has to do with this game? I had the insane 100D6 Attack so? You point being.....

Raffles wrote: Precisely. Exactly the sort of thing you would do. For all I can speculate you've hacked yourself into the mod's computer and sent out all the PMs for your advantage. And on top of that, you've somehow hacked into the Mod's brains and given yourself lynch -99999 so you can't lose. After having done all that, you've laughed manically at your computer screen like I've known you to do.
Yea, sure! I'm Yuri from red alert. So don't pick up the phone next time when I call you or you'll be mind-controlled and vote to lynch yourself. ... Wait actually, I'll tell you to lynch your scum-mate and NK yourself. By the way has anyone played the new command and conquer 3 demo. The graphics are
really
good.

Hang on, when have I laughed maniacly at my screen !? Delusions and hallucinations are one of the positive symptoms of schizophrenia. Are you sure you don't need some medical advice?
Raffles wrote: He is willing to finish me off already! A
blatant
scum-tell.
!? Who started this off? originally, I wanted to beginning the game peacefully, random voting at the beginning, get people talking, find the scum, lynch them and win the game. But no! you started off by voting to lynch me, based on something called "luck". Is it because you couldn't beat me in D&D nor BM98 nor warcraft, you tricked me into playing the first game here with you so you can cast doom over my head and lynch me, to relief yourself? And in the second post, you are saying i'm
blatantly
a scum already.

Didn't you see we are not actually random voting?

Mr. Flay
voted remussaidow
IH
voted
Mr. Flay

bird1111
voted
IH

#15 Kison voted
bird1111

Spot the trend? There's something called follow the flow ~

Reyo turns his head back and realizes that people are not dead silent now. Everyone has begun talking. "Oh. They are trying to vote and lynch the person in front of them!" " Is this some kind of game?"

Unvote

Vote : Kison

And raffles, no you noob, don't post behind and say now I vote XReyoX because I'm just after him.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:40 am

Post by TBuG »

Vote: XReyoX
I'm already playing the game, and you are already obvious scum.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Raffles »

XReyoX wrote: Hang on, when have I laughed maniacly at my screen !?
Oh I have seen you manically laugh in front of the computer... it's scary.
Woof!
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:46 am

Post by XReyoX »

Whats wrong with this world. Everyone is launching their nuclear weapon at me
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:50 am

Post by Kison »

1) I used random.org

2) Although unusual, how does the "trend" look scummy?

3)
FoS : XReyoX
for BattleMage logic.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:53 am

Post by XReyoX »

I'll seek vengeance
:!: :!: :!: :!:
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Raffles »

XReyoX wrote: I'll seek vengeance
Does this mean you admit to being a scum?
Woof!
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:01 am

Post by XReyoX »

Raffles wrote:
XReyoX wrote: I'll seek vengeance
Does this mean you admit to being a scum?
Spot on! I'll come down and Kill you physically tonight.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:04 am

Post by Raffles »

Silly Reyo wrote: Spot on! I'll come down and Kill you physically tonight.
There it is ladies and gents! We have a confession!

Leo, seriously, don't get killed today. I brought you here because I wanted to play with you. I don't want you dead on first day.

Just in case there's a mass wagon while I'm asleep...
Unvote
Woof!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”