Mini 1582: Formerfish's First Foray (Game Over)

Tattletale
Tattletale
Goon
Tattletale
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:07 am

Post by Tattletale »

In post 496, Octopus wrote:and it assists Tattletale in the construction of her fake claim

My fake claim is Vanilla Townie.
:wink:
All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:11 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Eh, tattle would be a fine investigation really. Especially if he thought my lynch was a sure thing, so let's not dwell on that.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:24 am

Post by Formerfish »

Mine
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:26 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

Boonskiies lack of effort defending himself is pretty sad. In either case, we need to lynch either the claimed JOAT or the claimed guilty, no point in lynching anyone else.

I'm inclined to lynch Tattle more, I think. Tattle and Octo, tell us why we should lynch the other instead of you.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I did not claim guilty, wtf? I've claimed the opposite. Multiple times...and if I was claimed guilty, why are you more inclined to lynch Tattle than me? Explain your logic.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:58 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Boon, re read the post. He is saying he is more inclined to lynch tattle than the claimed JOAT.
Fatter, but still not Tony...

Record as town: 2-4 (33%)
Record as scum: 1-0 from 1 games (Mini 1584, werewolf). But I'm totally town this time, I promise.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:00 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Oh, okay. But still, elk? Do I really need to defend myself anymore? I'm town.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:08 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 481, Octopus wrote:And that worked out well for town, didn't it? Also there is a lot of dodgy logic on display in Grib's posts, including, not unlike yours, the idea that disagreeing with something makes you scum.

Is that really the best you can come up with?

Can everyone answer this question please.

How many scum do you think there are in this game?

It's important. If the general consensus is that there are three then we lynch Tattletale today, if not then we can lynch her tomorow, and see if we can find her scumbuddy today.

Actually, I think I believe Octopus. He eased up on me way too easily toDay. Sure, he brought it up, but he also tried subtly bring Tattletale into question. I don't necessarily believe that he had put much thought into Tattletale being scum before this, and he really tried to get some discussion on it, but no one was looking into it. I don't believe he wanted to claim quite yet, but he did. And of all things to claim, why would he claim JOAT? That's a totally risky move.

VOTE: Tattletale

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Tattletale
Tattletale
Goon
Tattletale
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by Tattletale »

How is a partial JOAT claim risky? I do not follow

Cops do not check someone as scum and then vote that person's top suspect instead. Certainly not in Lynch or Lose.

That is nonsense.
All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by bjc »

Lynch the claimed JOAT, that's a super shitty fake claim and he's obviously scum from my POV based on his posts/wording/tone.

vote: Octopus

for being scum. Tattletale already pointed it out, but when you get a guilty...
"
I am literally panicking right now because
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Unvote

I realized that the JOAT is the opposite of risky after I posted. I wanted to see your reaction before posting anything else. Cop claim is far riskier, due to the possibility of having a cop. Alright, I want to hear from Bjc on this subject.

PEdit: Well...hi there...

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 479, Boonskiies wrote:Octopus is my #1 scum read. I had him pretty much set as town, as he was obviously 'scum hunting', but once he got here, he immediately targeted the two easiest people to try and get a bandwagon on. And Grib was obv town....it would be way unbalanced to give scum a double vote, and the fact that he didn't even take major abuse to the role, like putting both votes on one person, should show he was obvtown. Octopus is convinced he was not obvtown. Grib was very hesitant about the double lynch happening, way too much if he was scum.

In post 491, Boonskiies wrote:I don't see any reason for him to false claim. What does everyone else think? Saving himself for one more turn or legit? I mean, he could have easily just went for a lynch at me, and saved himself. He's a sure NK now.

In post 493, Boonskiies wrote:I didn't say I turned. My vote is still on him. I'm just posting observations. He has to prove he's not just false claiming.

Boon, you are so, so,
so
fucking inconsistent. In the space of hours you've virtually gone from reading Octopus as mafia to reading him as town and voting in line with his investigation without any questioning or pressure.

By golly, your play sends alarm bells off in my head. Not to mention your 'I'm VT gaiz! Juz trust meeee!'

:facepalm:

In post 496, Octopus wrote:@Drew-Sta. Not really, it gives scum clue as to optimal strategy for the night, and it assists Tattletale in the construction of her fake claim. You do realise that you should be pushing TT for a claim after an allegation like that don't you?

As in, we should be pushing him for a claim? Of course. We should. And I want it from TT. Up to them now to provide.

I would, however, like an answer as to why you held off on information regarding TT. It seems to me that you did so to get the answer of how many mafia were in the game, which then appears to be an attempt to 'hold over' a lynch option til tomorrow. Can you confirm?

Also, what else do you know? What else can you tell us?

Three theories:

1. Boon and Octo are mafia, and they're bouncing off each other. We're currently at LyLo so Octo is working for final mislynch to get them over the edge and we lose when we lynch TT. Not my favourite theory, but a possibility. We need to cover all bases so had to include it.
2. TT is genuinely mafia. We lynch, one mafia left, we work to get it right the next day and hopefully win the game. (This seems accurate, but has no team mate)
3. Boon is mafia with TT (which seems like a decent possibility) and they've been bouncing off each other a lot all game. Octo comes out with a Hail Mary investigation, and Boon is now bussing his partner to get towncred. (This one seems most likely - although I have found TT more affable and they have posted in a way I consider more town, I am still sus based off ILF's contribution.) I support this based off my earlier gut feeling that ILF was mafia.

Thoughts? I am personally thinking Theory 3. Happy to lynch either TT or Boon. I won't change my vote until we get more consensus.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I support #2.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Or option #4, where just Octopus is mafia. UNLESS they're both mafia.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by bjc »

I think you might be scum with Octopus but that's not worth discussing right now.

Octopus claimed scum with that super shitty fake claim/guilty. We're in LyLo what a 'perfect' way to try and push for the win with an apathetic town.

Except..

-it is very rarely town for people to claim under no stress whatsoever, and certainly
not
as a JOAT/valuable PR without reason... But..
-IT IS EVEN RARER (read: nonexistent) for town to withhold a guilty in our current situation, then come out and say "well fuck it I got a guilty on someone that has been scummy all game."

You all realize that if that were true he would've opened the day pushing him hard, right? Sure he wouldn't claim it as he has "other" abilities as a JOAT but he would try to push us his way, and if it didn't work, then he'd claim it.

It could be Octo-Drew, I'd have to actually read the game to confirm it.

Boon don't be a fool, you may actually be town. Please if you *are* town do not listen to those shitty theories.
"
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Right. Fool = no no. I'm learning from Bjc.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by bjc »

In post 514, bjc wrote:I think you might be scum with Octopus but that's not worth discussing right now.

Directed at Drew.
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by bjc »

In post 503, theelkspeaks wrote:Boonskiies lack of effort defending himself is pretty sad. In either case, we need to lynch either the claimed JOAT or the claimed guilty, no point in lynching anyone else.

I'm inclined to lynch Tattle more, I think. Tattle and Octo, tell us why we should lynch the other instead of you.

hmmm....
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by bjc »

Octo should be an auto-lynch. Seriously.

then we shuffle through Elk/Drew's reactions to it, but I'm going to go ahead and say Boon is most likely town. Meaning we can look at the ongoing and previous pushes that went his way.
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 509, bjc wrote:Lynch the claimed JOAT, that's a super shitty fake claim and he's obviously scum from my POV based on his posts/wording/tone.

vote: Octopus

for being scum. Tattletale already pointed it out, but when you get a guilty...

I just went and had a look at the wiki. Jack of all trades. I'm a little bit more skeptical, I didn't realise the role was so... unusual.

Octo, you'll need to claim more than what you have. If we're at LyLo, as we believe, then you withholding information is an issue and simply presents as a fake claim. TBH, bjc is right - I didn't see it in the light he presented but he is right.

To simply claim someone is mafia as a JOAT (lets be realistic here, you haven't had a lot of interaction with ILF or TT from your your ISO (most of them were questions to ILF that seemed to satisfy your curiosity)) - for us to suddenly believe you picked TT (who you haven't really interacted with at all) and struck gold like that... well... you have to appreciate it seems like a stretch.

I feel a bit silly now stating Boon should ask more questions when I should be doing the same :oops:

In post 513, Boonskiies wrote:Or option #4, where just Octopus is mafia. UNLESS they're both mafia.

They're just theories mate. I posit them to get discussion.

In post 514, bjc wrote:I think you might be scum with Octopus but that's not worth discussing right now.

Why not?

In post 514, bjc wrote:Octopus claimed scum with that super shitty fake claim/guilty. We're in LyLo what a 'perfect' way to try and push for the win with an apathetic town.

-IT IS EVEN RARER (read: nonexistent) for town to withhold a guilty in our current situation, then come out and say "well fuck it I got a guilty on someone that has been scummy all game."

These two quotes were the ones that really got my attention. I agree with them. It seems like a last throw of the dice to secure the game.

In post 514, bjc wrote:Boon don't be a fool, you may actually be town. Please if you *are* town do not listen to those shitty theories.

Again, they're just theories for discussion. I will admit I am probably tunnelling on Boon, but his behaviour is a massive red flag for me.

In post 517, bjc wrote:
In post 503, theelkspeaks wrote:Boonskiies lack of effort defending himself is pretty sad. In either case, we need to lynch either the claimed JOAT or the claimed guilty, no point in lynching anyone else.

hmmm....

Explain?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:25 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Okay, I'm in the Octopus/Drew scum buddies now.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

/sigh.

You're not going to believe me, are you Boon. FFS. I'm really struggling with you.

UNVOTE: Boonskiies
VOTE: Octopus

I hope your gut is right bjc. I think it is, but I still have an uneasy feeling Boon has played us again.
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

That's L-1 now.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Drew, you've been on me all game, haha. Even before I was deemed as scummy.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Sure, I'll hammer!

VOTE: Octopus

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”