geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by geists »

I'm not voting Y&B. I think Lemniscate's slot is more interesting to push at the moment, if someone would take me seriously.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by geists »

Like, none of Lemniscate's three posts indicates a thought process deeper than 'this happened'. Cagey.

Wake hates playing as scum, and is prone to replacing out of scumgames in the past. Duh.

Rhaego was just like deliberately scummy--remember his Apocalypse vote lol?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by geists »

In post 118, Rhaego wrote:Burn with fire.

VOTE: Abomination

In post 196, Rhaego wrote:
In post 111, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote: We have an additional power that we can forfeit to stop being a miller.

So will you use it?

In post 257, Rhaego wrote:Stop fighting. Now.

Like look at these and tell me the town intent.

He apparently plays similarly to me, and trust me--I can read myself.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by HighShroomish »

Fuck. Case will come tomorrow.
@BBmolla- You'd be surprised at how easily five year olds comprehend stuff. I find it much more difficult to explain things to people my age. Teenagers are horrible when it comes to thinking.

@geists okay, I see the case, but just give me 24hrs. Then you won't be able to resist(hopefully.)

I'm gonna go get some Shawarma before I tackle this thing. See everyone on the other side.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by geists »

I don't disagree with Y&B being scum. I don't need a case to see that.

I'm very deliberately shifting the focus onto a different slot, though, for now.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:28 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

This is why we can't have shiny things. We find scum. We lynch scum. We lynch agreed upon scum first. This makes me paranoid you're saying their scum but voting elsewhere because you don't want to bus. Your play gives me no reason to feel that, but your vote certainly does.

196 does have town intent. He wants to lock Abomination into whether they will be guilty or innocent on a cop check. That's the whole point of millers claim day 1.

- VFT -
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by ProHawk »

... I think someone asked me to look at Y&B. I liked the joking humor in their posts, don't wan't to see them go today. Best leading wagon so far is Shos. I don't want to see xofelf go today either.

VOTE: Lemniscate

I guess if people don't want shos, we can throw up another contender.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1630, Birds of Prey wrote:This is why we can't have shiny things. We find scum. We lynch scum. We lynch agreed upon scum first. This makes me paranoid you're saying their scum but voting elsewhere because you don't want to bus. Your play gives me no reason to feel that, but your vote certainly does.

196 does have town intent. He wants to lock Abomination into whether they will be guilty or innocent on a cop check. That's the whole point of millers claim day 1.

- VFT -

You're free to think I'm scum and lynch me+Y&B after we lynch Lemniscate, okay?

Also lol I don't bus? I literally just lost a game for hard bussing my partner.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I agree with Nat about Lem but whichever head posted that reads list is bad bad bad
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 1479, T S O wrote:Why exactly do you feel that ignoring your vote for days and days and then accusing you is a scum action as opposed to a town action?

Because, as scum, he was handed a reason to suspect me and support for the wagon *before* he made the move.
As town...well, my basic argument is, I've never seen anyone do something I considered scummy enough to vote them over and then wait multiple days prior to even saying that I found it scummy. I mean, even if, say, he had better things to do with his vote - he would choose to not say 'I find this scummy'? Nah.

Your thoughts?

I'll also jump on the TSO town train - the AP interactions last page felt very genuine.
Birds of Prey
Birds of Prey
Goon
Birds of Prey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by Birds of Prey »

Self-meta sucks shit. It's not a bus if you plan on getting off precisely when Y and B is the top wagon. Also, I don't know which head says they don't bus but things can go wonky in hydras. I don't intend to vote Lemniscate for a flim flap case over an opportunist who flatly refuses to provide content.

- VFT -
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1633, Nero Cain wrote:I agree with Nat about Lem but whichever head posted that reads list is bad bad bad

pls put your vote where your mouth is.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by geists »

In post 1635, Birds of Prey wrote:Self-meta sucks shit. It's not a bus if you plan on getting off precisely when Y and B is the top wagon. Also, I don't know which head says they don't bus but things can go wonky in hydras. I don't intend to vote Lemniscate for a flim flap case over an opportunist who flatly refuses to provide content.

- VFT -

flim flam?

First off, you gotta understand I had nothing to do with the Y&B wagon and we both think that it's a wagon of ill content at the moment.

Second, flim flam? That case is about as slam-dunk as you can get on day one of a twenty eight player game.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:Lemniscate
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by geists »

Like seriously, go ahead and just vote me tomorrow if you want. Let's just kill Lemniscate first.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by geists »

PV IM APPEALING TO YOU

PV

PEEEEEVEEEEEE
Moogle Dance Troupe
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Moogle Dance Troupe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Moogle Dance Troupe »

In post 1588, fferyllt wrote:
Town

Squirrel Girl
AngryIcerink
Majiffy
Always
Abomination - but they are kinda skating on what burning earth put into the thread imo.
Venmar
HighShroomish

Kinda Town

Lord Mhork
shos
T S O
Birds of Prey
ActionDan - was higher, read is going stale.
Moogle Dance Troupe
Svenskt Stål - probably should move him up but I'm annoyed.
Nero Cain
neil1113 - because I'm tired of mastin's condescension
Egg - probably belongs in the next higher group but I don't want to think about it right now.

Maybe Town

beastcharizard - maybe belongs in not so town.
BBmolla - being pretty useless now after some town-looking early posts
xofelf - grudgingly here

Not So Town

BulbaFenix - becoming pretty concerned that they've had so little impact on the game state.
Lemniscate - previous slot-holders didn't impress, and more data needed
Young and Beautiful
Mist7676 - scummy posts punctuate a lot of lurking

Stale Reads

ProHawk - was pretty town before fading
Katsuki - was kinda town and sliding downward. Assuming he'll be replaced.

More Data Needed

The Goat - mostly like him so far but fuck if I'll call him town yet when he ignored the game so long.

Please explain the SG and Sven reads here.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1120, Moogle Dance Troupe wrote:If he's scum, he has at least three buddies and at least four fake flavor claims to look at

Can you explain this for me.

neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:21 pm

Post by neil1113 »

Did someone ask me to vote?

VOTE: Nero Cain

Better?

P.S. Does anyone actually believe Nero to be town? Or am I good without having to lay out the obvious?
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:09 pm

Post by shos »

Am I the only one who is bothered with 1588? Everything is intown terms, there is no scum list, only not so town. Careful? Treading on eggs?
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:15 pm

Post by Always »

In post 1416, T S O wrote:you're nowhere near conftown.
If you say so. :roll:

In post 1417, T S O wrote:How do you know daytalk doesn't exist again?
Sorry, I misspoke. Many apologies. Bad wording on my part; I understand the confusion.

I explicitly think scum
have
daytalk. (I simply didn't get to use scum daytalk. I'm stuck as anti-scum.) I've said this multiple times throughout my iso. You can find references a plenty to me saying scum players have said something in their scum PT.

In post 1408, Nero Cain wrote:What happens when those strong town reads flip scum?
They won't.

This isn't a scenario where I say, "I have no plans in place for if I'm wrong."
This isn't a scenario where I have nothing if I'm wrong.

It's a simple truth that they're town, 100%, and there is no scenario where they flip scum. It's not a case where I haven't given thought to the what-if. It's a case where there IS no what-if. None. Zero. Nada. Just the town.
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:21 pm

Post by Always »

In post 1443, T S O wrote:I would love it to be a scum slip.
That's because you'd love to have me be scum.

Alas.

In post 1445, Majiffy wrote:I skimmed most of the posts in the past 10 pages or whatever the fuck there was.
Nothing worth reading.
Stop wasting my time and get back on shos.
Majiffy, I'll be blunt:
No.

Frankly, if it weren't for your stubbornnes on shos being scum (he isn't) and focusing on him to the exclusion of all other reads (a :igmeou: inducing move itself), you'd be a strong, STRONG candidate for townbloc core.

In post 1435, AngryIcerink wrote:Is anybody opposed to lynching Mist? The few posts that exist are scummy as balls. If anybody thinks Mist is town they should challenge me to a children's card game over it.
Eh, I haven't found her scummy, but I don't particularly rate her as a pillar of towniness.
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:29 pm

Post by Always »

In post 1481, Venmar wrote:going to do this and come to tso later
vote: shos
Bad Venmar, Bad! Bad! And here I was thinking that you might be getting a doggy-treat of a TSO vote, but if you're going to misbehave like this...

In post 1465, Squirrel Girl wrote:@Mastin - could you look at my case for Nero scum and offer a thought or two?
It makes you look more town, and pushes Nero ever so slightly closer to scum, but otherwise, doesn't really have an oomph-factor for me. He could be town, he could be scum; it's too soon to tell.
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:46 pm

Post by Always »

Oh, might as well use this post to apologize that I'm not providing the reads I said I'd do yesterday; got a last-minute call (literally, last minute on my cell phone) to come in and do some work today, soyeah. Also,
Mod: Mastin half of this hydra V/LA from July 16th until July 24th
I leave for my cousin's wedding in Nebraska on the 17th; I get back on the 21st. 22nd is recovery-day, and 23rd is my birthday.
In post 1532, T S O wrote:But I wouldn't say that to AP, seeing as he's townreading mastin for no reason, just like mastin is townreading VENMAR for no reason...
No stated reason != no reason at all.

Reason exists. It's just not reasoning I'm sharing.

I'm noting Mhork doing a lot of lurker-defending.

In post 1561, T S O wrote:mastin
...Has not actually presented a case on you at all, but it exists.

You never asked. :P

(Note the difference. Reasons not sharing = sacred townread born of a den of enigmas. Reasons haven't shared = reads that I've simply procrastinated on having explained, but am more than willing to, given the chance.)

In post 1571, shos wrote:
Always

why is xofelf being voted.? I couldn't get this one for the last 60 pages
Honestly?
Sheeping the geists case, didn't like xofelf's early content, was the best counterwagon to your own, and circumstances around the wagon make it look towndriven and not on town.

Sooooooooooooo, not much.
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:56 pm

Post by Always »

So I'm too lazy to make my own readslist, so I'll just give commentary on other peoples' to give an approximation of where I stand in comparison.
In post 1580, AngryIcerink wrote:People I am very sure are town: Always, Venmar, Neil, Dan, Majiffy
People I don't really feel inclined to lynch Today:
TSO
, Squirrel, Geists, Sven,
BBMolla
Y&B
, Katsuki, Shos
---

People I want to lynch: Birds, Egg, Mist, BulbaFenix, ...Mhork, Nero, Xof

~AP. Up to date opinions for me.
Unless Molla's made himself obvtown (I forget), I object to that one. TSO I can see though currently disagree with. Y&B I have mixed emotions on.

As for lynch people: Birds I liked the Y&B push and some of their general content, but not sure otherwise. Egg is eeeeeeeeeeh. Mist is okay. BulbaFenix is another one I have mixed feelings on. Mhork goes back and forth. Nero's still developing. And xofelf's not much of a scumread but technically is one.

Soyeah, that's my thoughts on the above.

In post 1588, fferyllt wrote:
Town

Squirrel Girl
AngryIcerink
Majiffy
Always
Abomination - but they are kinda skating on what burning earth put into the thread imo.
Venmar
HighShroomish

Kinda Town

Lord Mhork
shos
T S O
Birds of Prey
ActionDan - was higher, read is going stale.
Moogle Dance Troupe
Svenskt Stål - probably should move him up but I'm annoyed.
Nero Cain
neil1113 - because I'm tired of mastin's condescension
Egg - probably belongs in the next higher group but I don't want to think about it right now.

Maybe Town

beastcharizard - maybe belongs in not so town.
BBmolla - being pretty useless now after some town-looking early posts
xofelf - grudgingly here

Not So Town

BulbaFenix - becoming pretty concerned that they've had so little impact on the game state.
Lemniscate - previous slot-holders didn't impress, and more data needed
Young and Beautiful
Mist7676 - scummy posts punctuate a lot of lurking

Stale Reads

ProHawk - was pretty town before fading
Katsuki - was kinda town and sliding downward. Assuming he'll be replaced.

More Data Needed

The Goat - mostly like him so far but fuck if I'll call him town yet when he ignored the game so long.
Neil is more town than I am, ffery. Butyeah, really liked the townread list. The only read I'd even remotely hesitate on (and it'd be bumping down, not eliminating nor disagreeing with) is Shroomish, and that's on AP's request.

Most of the kinda-town group I'm not exactly getting, though. Like the reads otherwise, though the townreads section is what I felt was the best.

Don't feel pressured by this, please. Not trying to force changes in read, just offering my own commentary on them.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”