Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

Votecount 1.21

xofelf 8 (geists, Egg, ActionDan, Always, Nero Cain, AngryIcerink, Moogle Dance Troupe, BBmolla)

shos 6 (BulbaFenix, ProHawk, TSO, Lord Mhork, Young and Beautiful, Majiffy)

Nero Cain 4 (Abomination, Squirrel Girl, Mist7676, shos)

Young and Beautiful 2 (Birds of Prey, HighShroomish)
Wake88 2 (Squirrel Girl, Svenskt Stål)

Abomination 1 (Katsuki)
Lord Mhork 1 (Wake88)
TSO 1 (Venmar)

Not Voting 4 (neil1113, The Goat, xofelf, beastcharizard)

15 to lynch.

Deadline: July 18, 2 PM EST.
Last edited by Cephrir on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 am

Post by geists »

Lord Mhork wrote:Geists what if she's not scum? Who's scum then?

Why are you asking this? Whether she's scum or not doesn't impact our other reads.

Nati thinks rhaego was scum and I agree. Y&B and Clyton/neil1113 are also scumreads.

You're giving me hives. Haven't decided if you're scum.

BulbaFenix ping a little. The Goat, Kdowns/Mist are also pinging a little. I thought the way kdowns replaced out looked a little scummy.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:47 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

I'm asking because I don't think you're scum and wanted to know if any of your other reads were better or more interesting. Why did you never vote Rhaego or any of your other scum reads. Can you explain them to me?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:56 am

Post by geists »

In post 1227, Lord Mhork wrote:I'm asking because I don't think you're scum and wanted to know if any of your other reads were better or more interesting. Why did you never vote Rhaego or any of your other scum reads.

BECAUSE I WAS VOTING XOF.

I'm one player. My vote is on someone I think is scum. It's giving me hives that you're trying so hard to talk me out of this vote rather than arguing for people to vote your own scumreads, or explaining the town mindset behind xof's posts that I'm missing.

Can you explain them to me?

Not interested in doing that right now, no.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:02 am

Post by geists »

UNVOTE
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:10 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

It's not a good vote or a good wagon. Better wagons are ones like shos. Hell I would go for Rhaego. I could even be talked in YN or Neil, but the xof wagon is stupid
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 am

Post by geists »

I don't think we'll be voting shos today.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:13 am

Post by geists »

VOTE: Young & Beautiful
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:13 am

Post by shos »

I'm tired of other games, so I'll respond shortly:
@TSO: those were my bestset townreads, so I asked their opinion. it's not like I do whatever they say.

I honestly can't remember right now why I'm still null on you.

when the first one who called me demon did that I asked how did they know...so that's kinda saying it.. no reason to keep hiding, as there are plenty of people who claimed demons as well, so this must be not-that-much-of-an-issue.

scum don't invest so much in their play usually. going out of your way to see the game that I *MODDED* and not *PLAYED* in order to learn about me - that is town.

??? means someone who I don't remember who they are, haven't posted shit, or just null in general.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

I don't think anyone will today. >.<

Talk to me about Rhaego and YB?

PEDIT:
Or just YB
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 am

Post by geists »

In post 1234, Lord Mhork wrote:I don't think anyone will today. >.<

Talk to me about Rhaego and YB?

PEDIT:
Or just YB

Their posts have an oblique, hollow feel, like the core of their stances have no substance. Nearly every post feels like it's been overworked - reworded, to hide something. I think at least one of them is the kind of player who doesn't like to lie and that impacts how they phrase things.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:49 am

Post by geists »

I get the distinct impression you don't care why I'm voting who I'm voting as long as I changed my vote.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

What no. I've been reading over the YB ISO and trying to figure out if it's just derping or scum.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Always »

In post 1196, T S O wrote:why are you townreading Venmar again?
My answer will not change to this. To quote you,
Fuck off.

In post 1191, T S O wrote:mastin quit posturing and trying to organically scumread me while being really openhanded. it's pretty fucking obvious you are gearing up to vote me specifically and you're bad at faking "development-of-scumreads". please don't try to do it.
Yes I do suck at organically developing scumreads as scum in single-faction, and yes I do absolutely suck at the overall development of my scumreads.

That my reads this game are
ridiculously
organic should be all the proof in the world to you that I'm town. :cool:

In post 1194, T S O wrote:this is really disgusting. you are literally trying to blackmail people into townreading you.
Yeah, and...?

In post 1197, T S O wrote:You will also justify your Bulbazak townread, by the way.
Well, it's not exactly a strong townread so it'll be easy to rip to shreds, 'specially since I was originally scumreading them. I'll need to iso them to give a proper explanation of my feelings about the slot which overall lean towards town, but my basic feeling is that BulbaFenix's early posting, while looking to be highly wrong, was not itself meaningful. When they posted later, they hit a lot of good notes, had good tone, good reactions, have been saying a lot of good stuff, and all-in-all acting a lot more town.

As I said. Weakish townread. Especially without doing the accompanying iso. I'll get back to you about doing it probably tomorrow. (By the time I catch up and run errands, I don't think I'll have any time left today to do the iso to get a better explanation.)

In post 1184, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1149, Always wrote:
In post 784, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 780, AngryIcerink wrote:I have already indicated that the difference between Shos and others today is that
Shos's wagon was very low-resistance, which is correlated with a town alignment.
@bolded oh smurf no
You can't call him out on this without also calling me out on this, as this has, is, and continues to be my stance on the matter as well.
I only kinda skimmed so I may have missed this but I didn't see you say this.
Well I did. Multiple times. Quite explicitly, in fact. My wording was more or less, "shos would be a meh read, if not for the circumstances around the wagon making me think he's town". AKA, low-resistance = town. The shos townread has since become much, MUCH stronger with recent developments and his overall play.

In post 1166, xofelf wrote:So you're saying people haven't been voting me for what they seem to see as lurking? Cuz I'm pretty damn sure that's what I'm seeing here.
Literally the only players who have said anything about you lurking have been...
...Players defending you.

Nobody on the wagon joined for "scum lurking".

It was always other reasons.

In post 1193, T S O wrote:Mastin, could you limit your post to 3 a day? It's just no-one wants to see you spam the thread. Make one post, not seven. I'd ask you to cut down on your walls, but I know it makes you happy, so cool.
I realize that you're scum trying to invoke a reaction, but this low-blow will not work on me.

In post 1195, T S O wrote:Limit wagons? Let's limit our wagons and go from there?
Yes.

To yourself, Y&B, and xofelf.
All three wagons have traction and have a significant chance of flipping scum.

No other wagon meets both criteria even remotely.
Thus, we should be focusing on all three, and eventually see which wagon we consolidate on of the three.

I mean, if another wagon pops up that holds significant traction, maybe it'd be a good candidate. (Nero comes to mind.) But I simply don't see it happening. (In Nero's case, because, y'know, lynching Nero D1 is generally a bad idea, and too many players are going to offer resistance his alignment regardless. Such as myself. Even if I were scumreading him, I wouldn't wagon him D1.)
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:04 am

Post by T S O »

making a big post, it's mainly based on mastin's various bull
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:17 am

Post by Always »

In post 1226, geists wrote:Y&B and Clyton/neil1113 are also scumreads.
Y&B is scum, sure, but Clyton/neil? 100% town. Don't pursue further, pleaseandthankyou.

In post 1219, T S O wrote:
In post 1030, AngryIcerink wrote:
In post 1009, T S O wrote:but if it's a hydra, why is it inactive?
Wow. You are just looking for any excuse to scumread mastin and it stinks.
oh, yes AP, very good! When multiple players are playing together and yet there's still no posting, that's not suspicious at all! Well done! Be quiet unless you have something intelligible to say.
AP's a god at reading me, TSO.
Seriously.
If every single other one of AP's reads were to be wrong, the ONE read of his above all others you'd place trust in is his read on me.
Him saying I'm town is DAMN-well something intelligible to say.

How the fuck would Always randomly referring to a game you played in be "reaaaaaaalllllllly good thinking" and make her "so town"?
Not played in.
shos modded it.
Modded a LOTR game. Look at the roles, there.
Frodo was a ringbearer.
Aragorn was a friendly neighbor. (Makes sense given his role.)
Smeagol was a ringbearer who if he got the ring would convert into a third-party survivor but was otherwise town-aligned. (You literally cannot get a more accurate depiction of him.)
Samwise Gamgee was a VT, and Lurtz a mafia goon. (You can make an argument for Sam not being a VT, but Lurtz most certainly IS a Goon.)
Boromir was a bodyguard. (Seriously, think of how he died: protecting Merry and Pippin, at the cost of his own life. That's a bodyguard.)
Treebeard was a 1x vigilante. (Think of his fury at the actions of Sauroman and his immense strength, yet how it was focused on a singular target. One shot vig fits this perfectly, as he strikes out in vengeance.)
The Witch King of Agmar was a 1x Vanillaizer. (Which fits with how debilitating he was to the heroes--he poisoned Frodo and crippled him with an injury that never fully healed, he broke Gandalf's staff, he badly hurt Merry, he nearly killed Eowin, he basically was the most hindering direct foe fought, but the injuries he inflicts mostly came with a cost. In the latter two cases, his own life.)
Merry was a VT.
Sauroman, who has eyes everywhere, was a rolecop.
Elrond was a double-voter, making sense thanks to his overall larger indirect presence, yet still having a fairly weak power compared to other more major characters.
Pippin was a VT.
Bilbo was a burglar, who could steal the ring from others...which, y'know, is kinda his thing.
Scum had, and I quote from shos, this as their fakeclaims:
Scum will not recieve fakeclaims; however, they will be given a list of, like, 6~ figures who are not in the game, with which they can build fakeclaims as they wish together with wikipedia.
shos didn't give the scum direct fakeclaims. He let them fend for themselves.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:18 am

Post by geists »

In post 1240, Always wrote:Y&B is scum, sure, but Clyton/neil? 100% town. Don't pursue further, pleaseandthankyou.

I'll form my reads as I see fit pleaseandthankyou.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why do you find me scummy, Moogle?

In post 1200, Squirrel Girl wrote:I supplied the analysis because I was calling Nero scum for trying to use it as a scumtell on me - because there is no logic to calling it scummy in the first place. Basically he accurately identified that I forgot something, and then just declared i a scumtell...because!

Yeah, I never called you scum nor voted you. I simply asked you to explain the contradiction. I am also agreeing with Shos if that if you were town you simply say that I forgot but nooooo, you got all over defensive and bitchy like you do as scum.

vote:SQ

TOWN, TO ME!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:23 am

Post by Always »

And again, that last bit is important.
This isn't some distant event from ages ago.

That LOTR game ended less than a month ago. (Unless my sense of time is way off; I haven't bothered to check the end date.)
He had no problem with that.
He saw no problem with that.
He designed a game like that.

Meaning that he, as a player, is going to be thinking exactly the same way as he does as a mod.
And his play this game has been DEAD-on as to what he would expect as a town-aligned player who thinks the way he modded is the norm.

It could not be faked.
shos is town.
So strongly town that I'm willing to risk my life on it. (Heck, he might not be a mason, but he's an honorary mason at this point as far as I'm concerned. I'll fight to the death to protect him just as I would for Clyton/neil and Venmar.)
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:23 am

Post by T S O »

I really like this NC!
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:24 am

Post by Always »

In post 1241, geists wrote:I'll form my reads as I see fit pleaseandthankyou.
Go ahead for any others.

Take my word on Clyton/neil.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Mastin, its ok, SG isn't on your scumteam so you can vote her with me.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:26 am

Post by T S O »

In other news, I do not give a flying fuck if you think AP's great at reading you or not! Perhaps when I show you my opinion on you, which isn't flattering at all, you'll think I'm great at reading you too!
-Marquis
Always
Always
Goon
Always
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:26 am

Post by Always »

Like.

Scumread me, pretty damn bad but not impossible from town. (Albeit improbable.)
Scumread Clyton/neil or Venmar, pretty damn bad but not impossible from town who places little/no faith in me.
Scumread Clyton/neil or Venmar, while having faith/trust in me, basically an instant :igmeou: reaction from me, not necessarily from scum but highly likely from scum all the same.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:27 am

Post by T S O »

It's like you're trying to dissuade me from attempting to read you or analyse your posts.

Let me tell you, mastin, your little charade stops here. I'll help you improve your scumplay by showing you its flaws right here! Unfortunately, hanging is part of this process - you've strapped yourself in for the ride, there's no turning back.
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”